Chapter 30

50 Moments to Show I Care

“It’s not what it looks like…”


 

Jiyong's face flushed as a warm pair of hands slid up his shirt.

 

“Hyung, we’re going to get caught."

 

He couldn’t hold back the chuckled of Seunghyun on his neck. They were in Seunghyun's childhood room, in his parents house. Mrs. Choi had invited him to dinner to congratulate him on a healthy discharge from the hospital. They had been in the house for a grand total of ten minutes before Seunghyun dragged him up to his old room.

 

Only five minutes had passed since Seunghyun had started his attempts at seduction. He had pulled Jiyong to his bed, laying him on his back, and leaned over him. Jiyong could feel nothing but warmth as the other laid over him. It was a nice feeling, one he would marvel in when they made it out of the house where his boyfriend's parents were down the hall, preparing them dinner.

 

“If you let me have my way five minutes ago we would have already been half way done.”

 

Jiyyong released a chuck that sounded more like a moan as Seunghyun on his jugular.

 

“What’s going on in here?”

 

Cold air met Jiyongs once warm body as Seunghyun flew off of him. Both quickly stood to their feet, meeting the intense gaze of Seunghyun's father. He was a stern man. Even after knowing the Choi’s for most of his life, he still worried Jiyong. Probably because Mr. Choi had just recently came back into Seunghyuns life.

 

“It’s not what it looks like…”

 

He willed his eyes to stay steady at the older man's feet. Seunghyun sounded insecure with what he had just said, he sounded uncertain in what would come next. Jiyong had known Seunghyun had yet to tell his father about them, it was a constant battle, but Jiyong could understand. While his mother was open and warm, his father was conservative and cold. They were oposites, it was why they hadn't worked.

 

“Really? It’s looks like my son was fornucating with another man.”

 

Jiyong flinched, as though he had been physically slapped with the tone. He didn’t approve. He didn’t approve of Seunghyun fooling around, and he didn’t approve that Jiyong was a man. He bit his lip to keep his nerves in check. If that had hurt him, Seunghyun was probably holding back his tears.

 

Seunghyun was a sensitive man.

 

“Fornucating with my… boyfriend.”

 

Jiyong's head snapped up and he looked at Seunghyun's profile. His eyes were still glued to his fathers but Jiyongs were glued to the side of his face.

 

The man did look teary eyes, he was bracing himself for the responce, but he would face this head on. Jiyong appreciated it. It showed him how

important he really was.

 

“Boyfriend?” The man looked Jiyong up and down the Jiyong forced himself not to step behind Seunghyun in anxiety. If Seunghyun was determined to face him, Jiyong would do the same.

 

“Dinners ready, come down!”

 

The sound of Hye-yoons voice cut through the thick tension and Jiyong released a breath he hadn’t even realized he had been holding as the man turned and quietly walked out of the room.

 

“Sorry, I-” Seunghyun bit his lip and looked down to his feet before looking back up to meet his gaze. Jiyong didn’t like the look.

 

Grabbing hold of his hand and giving a firm squeeze, he smiled. The man needed to know he wasn’t going anywhere. “It’s okay, we’re in this together.”

 

Seunghyun returned the smile and led them out of the room.

 

Dinner was tense, quiet, and completely awkward. Hye-yoon had tried to lighten to mood by telling stories about her son but not even that had put a dent in the atmosphere. Jiyong felt as though he was suffocating. He knew Seunghyun was feeling it worse.

 

After all, it is his father.

 

“Did you know that our son was gay?”

 

If the woman was surprised by the question she did well to hide it. She finished chewing the food in before setting her gaze on her child. Her smile was soft, comforting, and Jiyong was grateful when his boyfriend’s shoulders relaxed.

 

“Of course I did, didn’t you?”

 

“Yeah dad, I thought it was obvious.” Hye-yoon sent him a pointed look and Jiyong smiled in appreciation. She was on their side, Seunghun had told her about them.

 

“Yes, well, of all the people to be gay with.”

 

It took a while for Jiyong to catch the meaning but when he did his heart trembled. It seemed as though Mr. Choi had no problem with Seunghun being gay-

 

“After all, isn’t he into drugs? And didn’t he have all those women hanging off of him?”

 

-He was more concerned about him being gay with Jiyong.

 

“Seunghun, you couldn’t have chosen someone with a little more class? What about that other boy? Kim-Kim Hyunjoong, that’s his name. Or even Kim Jaejoong?”

 

“Dad, you can’t just-”

 

“Quiet Hye-yoon, this is a discussion between your brother and I.”

 

Jiyong felt his eyes tingle. The tears were close but he held them back. It wouldn’t do them any good if he cried right now. It would only serve to make matters worse. His past was something that would always hang over his head, regardless of if they were true or not.

 

“With all due respect, I would suggest you not try to pawn me off to some other man just because you don’t approve of the one I’ve already set my heart on. I’ve already fallen in love with Jiyong, I’m already in love.”

 

Mr. Choi scoffed and crossed his arms over his chest. Jiyong could feel a hand grip his under the table but he had already gone numb to the feeling around him. All he could focus on was the venom that the older man was speaking.

 

“Love? That’s not love, that’s infatuation, interest. You don’t love him, you love the idea of him. You're still a child, you don’t know the meaning of the word.”

 

“I’m 27 years old.”

 

“And still too young to even take care of yourself, let alone make wise decisions on who to waste your time with.”

 

“I’m not-”

 

“You’ll treat him just like everything else you’ve ever ‘loved.’ You’ll ‘love’ him until it gets to hard and then you’ll drop him like he was never anything to you. Do you think that’s love?”

 

Jiyong could feel the first tear threatening to fall and he hung his head to hide it. If Seunghyun saw him crying then things would only escalate.

Seunghyun was always protective of those he cared for, Jiyong didn’t want to cause a rift in the family.

 

“Obviously something with wrong with your upbringing if Kwon Jiyong is the one you’ve decided to fornucate with.”

 

“Dad, this isn’t-”

 

“I said be quiet Hye-yoon. You won’t understand because Yeon is just a child, but as a parent it is my duty to stop my son from making the biggest mistake-”

 

“Shut up!” Silence settled in the dining room as all eyes turned towards Seunghyun. He was shaking in anger and Jiyong had never seen him this way before, never in their time together. “I’m trying to be respectful because you are my father but stop talking about Jiyong like he’s any less of a man than you. He has a past, he’s made mistakes, both of us have. I won’t have you degrade him in my presence, or talk as though he isn’t here.”

 

Jiyong felt his heart flutter. Seunghyun was standing up for him. The man who had always held his family on a pedestal was defending him.

 

“Jiyong isn’t a mistake, and he never will be. We’re getting married so you're either going to have to accept it, or get over it because we’re in it for the long run. This isn’t a game, and we’re serious about each other.”

 

Marriage, are you out of your mind-”

 

“I might be but It’s love. You’re going to have to accept him.”

 

“And if I don’t?”

 

“Then you don’t accept me.”

 

It was suffocating, the silence that settled. The spectators waited for a reaction with delayed breaths and Jiyong knew things would only worsen. The challenging look on Mr. Chois face was enough to promise heart break. Jiyong readied himself to pick up the pieces.

 

“It would seem, then, that I’ve just lost a son.”

 

JIyong could hear the shattering screams of Seunghyun's breaking heart. He did well to hide it but Jiyong knew. He knew by the hollow look the older man had suddenly adapted to. He was shutting down his emotions to appear stronger than he actually was.

 

Slowly standing from his chair, Seunghyun grabbed onto Jiyong's hand as he followed the older man's lead. The hand holding his was lifeless, as though he was holding it out of muscle memory and not because he wanted to.

 

His smile was empty as he turned to his mother. “Thank you for the meal, I’m sure it was great. Hye-yoon, I’ll call you tomorrow."

 

Seunghyng his heels and pulled him out of the kitchen and down the hall to the door where he grabbed his keys and began to pull on his jacket.

 

“Hyunnie.” Mrs. Chois voice was soft and Seunghyun hesitated on turning to look at the woman. He had tears in his eyes, he never could be strong in front of her. “It’ll be okay. I promise.”

 

It wasn’t enough, but it helped. He returned her smile and pulled her into a deep hug, taking a deep breath, he let her go. She leaned up to place a small kiss on his cheek and whispered a silent ‘i love you’ before turning to Jiyong.

 

He braced himself for the woman's reaction but relaxed as warm hands cupped his face. She really was a warm woman.

“Congratulations on your engagement, you’ll make an honest man out of my boy.”

 

“Mom-”

 

“Don’t mom me, I’m talking to my future son-in-law.”

 

Seunghyun finished putting on his jacket and he grabbed hold of Jiyong's hand again.

 

“Get home safe.”

 

Jiyong gave a wave over his shoulder as the woman stood at the door, watching until they were no longer visible as the car drove off.

 

The car ride was silent, as was the journey into Jiyong's home. Seunghyun had said nothing to him the whole time, hadn’t even looked his way. After tonight it had hurt but he could understand. As much as it was hurting Jiyong, Seunghyun was feeling it worse. The man had been disowned.

 

Jiyong didn’t know how the man was still standing.

 

He watched with tired eyes as the man rummaged through his drawers, looking for clothes to wear as he shed his own. The man's eyes were red, Jiyong didn’t like the look.

 

“Seunghun,” Jiyong hesitated. He hated seeing Seunghyun in pain. “We can always end this if-”

 

“No! I don’t want to end this. I choose you. I will always choose you.”

 

He looked scared, as though Jiyong would turn out of the room and leave him.  He was worried that Jiyong would leave him after everything that his dad had said.  He wouldn’t. Netizens have said worse things.

 

“I choose you too. Always.”

 

It was enough to break the dam Seunghyun had so carefully built. His shoulders shook as loud sobs broke through. Jiyong ran to catch the man as he fell to his knees and Jiyong felt his heart breaking at the sight.

 

Seunghyun had always been sensitive, but this was more than that. This was the man breaking down completely in his arms.

 

A continuous string of I love you’s flowed from Seunghyun lips and Jiyong did his best to return every one.

 

He settled them comfortably on the floor, Seunghyun curled into his chest, between his legs, forehead buried in the crook of his neck, leaning against the wall.

 

“We’ll get through this. Your father will come around.”

 

“He’s not my father.”

 

Jiyong sighed, rubbing his fingers through the soft hair. They sat in silence as the sobs subsided but Seunghyun's body was becoming heavy. He was falling asleep and Jiyong didn’t have it in his heart to move the man. Seunghyun was comfortable in Jiyong's arms, he felt secure, wanted, safe. Jiyong would never deny him that feeling.

 

It was only a matter of time before the sound of light snores filled the room and Jiyong chuckled, closing his eyes and allowing himself to be pulled into a state of slumber.

 

The night dragged on and Jiyong was still in a state of restlessness. Struggling, Jiyong pulled Seunghyun's phone from his pocket, his eyes widening at the name that flashed across the screen.

 

Dad.

 

Jiyong weighed his options, to open or not, before reading the text.

 

I’m sorry about how I’ve acted, I just don’t like the idea of my boy growing up after missing so much of your life. Jiyong is a good man, a sweet one, I’m happy he’s the one you’ve chosen. I was worried about you, it’s what I do as your father, but I have to let you make your own choices. I can’t wait to introduce Jiyong to the family as the one my son has decided to spend the rest of his life with. I’ll take Jiyong out for lunch as an apology, I’ll let him know I have nothing against him, I would act the same with any person you chose. I love you, my son. I’m glad you’ve found true love.

 

Seunghyun would be glad once he saw the text, all the pain of the night would be wiped under the rug, and Jiyong felt a weight lifted from his shoulders.

 

Everything would be alright.



This was darker then intended, but this was all I could come up with. Thank you for the request, I think this is the last of the arch (Unless one of your ideas really grab my attention).

Peace & Love.