Chapter 50: Final

50 Moments to Show I Care

Writer's choice


Prior Chapters: 28, 29, 30, 31 


When he was 7 years old he had overheard his teacher tell his mom that he was prone to self destruct. That no matter what type of happiness he found or created he would end up destroying. His mother had blamed it on his father leaving, it was the first time, and his therapist had agreed.

Because of this, his mother had been surprised when she met Jiyong, and when he told her he would audition at the same company of his childhood friend. She was as supportive as possible when he was rejected and once again left in surprise when he lost weight and tried again.

There were tears in her eyes when he told her he was going to debut as T.O.P, the charismatic rapper of Bigbang.

“Honey, you look fine.”

“He looks like a gigolo.”

There were tears in her eyes now as she smoothed his black suit. Seunghyun wanted to cry too. He could understand her feelings, he felt the same way. After 10 years of commitment, he had yet to mess it up to the point of destruction. His husband had stayed by his side the whole time.

“Seungri, my son does not look like a gigolo. He looks dashing.”

Seungri rolled his eyes at the woman, shielding away as her hand reached out to pinch his cheeks.

They had switched this time around. Seungri and Daesung were with him while Jiyong had Soo Hyuk and Youngbae. Daesung had gone to greet guest at the door to show them where to go. The renewal wasn’t an actual wedding, but they were to ensure the process ran smoothly.

“Can I go see Jiyong for a bit?”

His mother and Seungri stopped their playful banter before stopping to look his way. She looked proud, so happy that her son had finally gotten his own little happiness.

That’s what Jiyong was to him, his happiness.

Ignoring the blush he knew was on his cheeks at the knowing looks the two sent his way, he made his way out of the guest room and down the hall.

They had decided to renew their vows in the comfort of their own home. 5 years ago they had planned on renting out a revenue on the scale of GD&TOP but after going public with their relationship and moving to an isolated part of Korea to maintain their privacy, they had decided after some maturity that it would be better if the public, press, paparazzi was not included.

They were still famous enough to worry about things like that. Bigbangs fame hadn’t dissolved with the controversy and they were still able to release music without the worry of backlash. At 35 years of age, he was still promoting as BigBang. Rarely, but surely.

Only their closest friends and family was included and they would leave on their second honeymoon shortly after.

Giving a soft knock to his bedroom door, he slowly slipped in. 3 pairs of eyes landed on him but his eyes landed on the set in the middle. Jiyong stood between his friends dressed in full white.

If reminded Seunghyun briefly of the suit he had worn during their first GD&Top promotion.

“What are you doing in here?” Jiyong's head tilted in curiosity. Seunghyun found the look appealing. Then again, everything about Jiyong oozed appeal.  

“I can’t come see you before the ceremony?”

“Hyung, you look good.” Youngbaes voice leaked happiness. If anything, Youngbae was just as excited as his mother was. He had been there through all of their ups and downs, more than Daesung and Seungri put together. He was the first one of them to marry so he often gave the best advice.

“Thanks.”

“We’re going to leave you two lovebirds alone. We’ll come get you before it’s time to start.” Hyuk gave Jiyong a brief hug before heading out the door, patting Seunghyun on the shoulder before he left. Youngbae followed shortly after.

Once the door closed Jiyongs shoulders relaxed and Seunghyun was able to eye the man he had wanted to when he first entered the room.

“You look hot.”

Jiyong flushed at the bluntness but he put on the facade of being unbothered by the complement. His aura screamed confidence and Seunghyun knew he had slipped into a role.  

“Just hot, or hot enough to eat?”

The two walked closer, meeting in the middle of their room as Jiyong spoke. Seunghyun wrapping his arms around the smaller man in a possessive hold and Jiyong loved the feeling. He felt wanted, he felt loved.

“Delicious.”

“Oh, you flatter me.”

Seunghyun leaned down to peck the man on the lips before resting his chin on the crown of Jiyongs brown hair.

They sat in silence, simply enjoying the others presence.Jiyong kept his mind on their honeymoon while Seunghyun kept his thought on the man in his arms. It was amazing that he hadn’t screwed this up, he was amazed that this man who held his heart still loved him.

“Are you happy?” The question slipped from his lips before he could process them and Jiyong shifted in his hold, looking up to meet the man straight in the eyes.

“I’ve never been happier.” No hesitation, no second thought, and Seunghyun felt his heart pound a little harder. Jiyongs happiness made him happy.

“What brought that question on? What is going on in my bingu’s mind?”

Seunghyun chuckled at the nickname, it had been a while since he last heard it, and pulled Jiyong back against his chest.

“My father texted me, about the ceremony. He said that I was wasting my time with it and the whole thing was pointless. He said love doesn’t last.”

Jiyong scoffed and pushed away from him. He kept their hands connected as he pouted at the taller man. Seunghyun could see the others gears turning as the pursed his lips together.

“Well, coming from a man who is never in you life, or a man who left his wife when you were just a child, it’s expected.”

Seunghyun winced at the bite but Jiyong simply voiced what he couldn’t. He had never been close to his father, the only reason he still called him that was because of his mother. His sister hated the man and he was close behind.

What right did the man who ran from his fatherly duty have to tell him what he could and couldn’t do?

“After all, this is the same man who made a scene at dinner and disappeared the next day.”

Jiyong had released his hands, crossing his arms with a scowl on his face. It had taken a while for Jiyong to console him and once he had his mother had texted him saying that the scathing man had disappeared again.

He would always remember because he had gotten into a fight with his mother over the phone. He had begged her to move on from that relationship and she had fought tooth and nail. It wasn’t until he had gone to her home, Jiyong had told him to go alone, and talked things through with her that she had decided to let him go. She had the locks changed and had blocked his number with in the week. His sister had stayed with their mother in fear that he would return to their family home. When he did, Hye-yoon had been their to keep him out.

His mother was happy again, his sister was satisfied, and he had proven his father wrong.

Jiyong wasn’t a fling, Jiyong was an everlasting love.

“er, doesn’t even know-”

“Jiyong.”

“What?” Jiyong snapped, his tone was rough before he realized who he had snapped at. He blushed at the loving smile that greeted him.

“I love you.”

Jiyog gulped, hugging Seunghyun around his waist once again. “I love you too.”

“You make me happy.”

“After 10 years, I would hope so.”

Seunghyun kissed his crown.

“Thank you for marrying me.”

“I’d say yes every time.”



I can't belive we've finally reached the ending. 50 chapters done. I hope you've enjoyed the my short stories/drabbles.

I'm really bad at ending these things so I'll just say a quick thank you to those of you have been consistant reviewers, one time reviewers, silent readers, subscribers, and those who upvoted this story. You guys have made me happy. I don't know when I'll post my next project but hopefully i won't keep you waiting for so long. If you're willing to read it then I promise to write it.

"Until the day we meet again, goodbye goodbye
Until the far-off day we meet again, goodbye goodbye" Goodbye- 2ne1