Chapter 43

50 Moments to Show I Care

“YOU DID WHAT?”



“So, I did something today.”

Youngbae sighed, straightening his back from its arched position on the floor and lifting his head from his knees. He had intended to take a nap after the strenuous dance practice they had just had, Jiyong must have had other plans.

It seemed his leader wanted to talk. As his leader's best friend, it was his duty to listen.

“What did you do today?”

Jiyong flushed red, avoiding his gaze in his embarrassment. Youngbaes curiosity was sparked with the reaction. What the hell did Jiyong do? Why was he so embarrassed? God, he hoped he didn’t spill any secrets about his relationship with Hyorin or he was going to-

“I confessed to Seunghyun.”

It didn’t register, it really didn’t. There was no possible way that he had heard that correctly. His ears were clogged. Yeah, that was it. His best friend did not confess to…

“YOU DID WHAT?” Jiyong jumped back at the sudden yell but Youngbae couldn’t help it. How else was he supposed to react to his best friend in the whole wide world confessing to- to- “I can’t believe you confessed to Seunghyun. I mean, , you can’t like that kid. He’s- he’s just a kid. A baby if you compare his experience to you-”

“Youngbae!” Jiyong looked as stunned as he felt and his tone cut his train of thought. Why was Jiyong looking so stunned? Why was he beginning to look amused? “I didn’t confess to little Seunghyun, I confessed to T.O.P.”

“Oh.”

That changes things. Youngbaes face blanked as he thought things through. Was it surprising that Jiyong confessed to the older man? Not at all. Of course Jiyong had never shared his feeling of the other man with him, but it was obvious. It didn’t help that Jiyong was always calling hyung handsome at the most random occasions and staring at him. Jiyong's eyes followed the man like he was moving art.

Jiyong raised a brow in curiosity before his eyes narrowed. His look was skeptical, Youngbae didn’t know why. Was he expecting him to be grossed out? Maybe a stronger reaction? It wouldn’t happen. Him and Daesung already had a bet on how long it would take Jiyong to spill his own secrets.

Speaking of bets, he won.

He needed to tell Daesung.

“Oh? What do you mean by ‘oh?’”

Youngbae sighed, leaning back against the glass of the wall behind him and Jiyong scooted closer, as if looking for lies in his eyes. He scoffed at the thought. He couldn’t lie even if he wanted to, he at it.

“Well, not to make you feel awkward, but it was kind of obvious that you like him.”

Jiyong's face flushed red and he hid his face in the sleeve of his shirt. Honestly, he was acting cute. If Seunghyun hyung was there he would be teasing him.

“Oh.”

Youngbae chuckled, smiling at his embarrassed best friend. Time to be supportive, it was also apart of his best friend duties. “What did he say?”

Jiyong bit his lip, a smile growing as quickly as his dazed look did. It was gross to see him look as though he was on cloud 11, 2 clouds higher than 9. Youngbae was happy to see his friend so happy but it was still kind of gross.

“He said he felt the same way.” His voice lowered an octave as he leaned in closer, as though he had some grand secret that no one was to know of.

The whole office would know within the week. Jiyong never could hide his emotions.

“I’m happy for you, really, I am.”

Growing up with Jiyong allowed him to see all of the ups and downs of the others life. They had gone through so many strong holds together that Youngbae was genuine in his happiness for the other. Jiyong deserved to be happy, he deserved it more than any other person he knew. To Jiyong, Seunghyun was happiness. The strange man had always been able to switch Jiyongs sour mood into the complete opposite after only just a few words, or a strange dance move.

Seunghyun would take care of his friend.

“Thanks, can you believe-”

“Jiyong?”

Both boys turned to the new voice at the door. Seunghyun stood, looking flushed as he had just came from the gym. The man hated working out but he needed to with his new movie role. He had been spending a lot of time at the company lately.

“Hey Hyung.”

“Hyunnie? What are you doing here?”

Seunghyun cleared his throat, sparing a quick glance at Youngbae before turning back to his new boyfriend. Youngbae bit his lip to hold back a laugh. Really, how could an older man look so cute and shy at the same time?

“I just finished at the gym. I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out? We can grab some sushi?”

“Sure.” Jiyong smiled, standing to his feet. Youngbae watched in amusement as Seunghyun eyes never left Jiyong, even as he packed his things in his bag and threw it over his shoulder. Had Youngbae been any of the other two members he would have felt annoyed at being ignored by the other two.

Really, he couldn’t wait until the honey more stage ended.



In which Youngbae is that supportive friend everybody needs in their life.