Chapter 44

50 Moments to Show I Care

“If you die, I’m going to kill you.”



Jiyong was miserable. It had been a full 4 weeks since the man had enlisted and he felt as though his heart had been ripped out. He had tried to stay busy when Seunghyun had enlisted, trying to keep his mind off of the man not being there, but after the fan meeting with just 4 he had been reminded all over again that it would be a while till he saw him again.

In fact, basic training had just ended for the man and he was currently back home with his family. It was just Jiyongs luck that YG had decided to send him out of the country forcing him to work on his newest album that was set to release in the next month.

Honestly, how was he supposed to be inspired with the love of his life not being there?

“Jiyong, you should really stop moping around. Your music is really depressing.”

He sighed, dropping his head to the table as Cherin slid the sheet of lyrics back across the table to him. Honestly, he couldn’t help writing such a sad song with his current state of mind. He was sad, he couldn’t help it.

He hadn’t spoken to Seunghyun since he left.

Was this how army wives felt?

“Don’t you have to go to America to work on your album?”

Cherin scoffed, Jiyong just knew she had crossed her hands over her chest. Raising his head to meet her eyes, he was correct in his assumptions.

“I would be there, but I needed a break for inspiration.”

“You know America isn’t like Korea. Their not going to wait for you forever.”

The girl simply pouted. He knew the girl was aware of it but he  had brought it up anyway. Breaking out in America was hard, many people before CL had failed so he worried about her. It was like sending his sister to play amongst the wolves.

“Whatever, I’m going to go buy a beer.”

She walked out of his hotel room, slamming the door behind her. Jiyong sighed as he looked down at his lyrics. Before the melody, before the edits, it read like a diary entry of the saddest emo in the world. It wasn’t useable, no one would really like it. Not even those who had just gone through the worst break up possible.

The familiar tune of Doom Dada reached his ears and he scurried for his phone. This was the first time he had heard the ringtone in weeks. His heart thumped heavily in his chest.

“Hello?” He could hear the anxiety in his voice.

“Jiyonggie.

Seunghyun's voice sounded gruff, as though he had just woke up from his sleep. He probably had. Jiyong was so happy to her his voice he wanted to cry.

“Are you there?”

“I’m here.”

Silence settled between the two and Jiyong realized he hd nothing to say. Nothing was coming to his mind and no thoughtless thoughts were leaving his tongue. He didn’t know how to start this conversation.

“It’s good to hear your voice, really good. I miss you.”

Jiyong smiled.

“I missed you to. How was the training.”

“Hell, it was terrible, I was miserable. It was so hard I felt like I was going to die.”

“If you die, I’m going to kill you.”

Seunghyun chuckled on the other end and Jiyong chuckled with him. That sound, he had missed that sound more then anything.

“I thought I would see you when I got home. Youngbae told me you were in Japan.”

Jiyong sighed, moving from the chair at the table to the couch in the living room. He cuddled up in his blanket and looked out the window.

“Yeah, Boss thought I needed the inspiration. I don’t think he realized the creativity stopped when you left.”

“Had I known I would have gone to you instead. I wish I had a longer break.”

“Hmm, me too.”

“Especially since I haven’t been laid in 4 weeks.”

Jiyong laughed, hearing the sound of Hye-yoon cursing at her brother for talking about in front of her. He had missed the older man's antics.

The door to his room opened and Cherin walked in, a bag with a can swinging as she moved and an open can in the other hand. She closed the door behind her.

“I got you a beer. Maybe it’ll help you.”

“Thanks.”

Cherin nodded as she handed him the beer and sat next to him. She looked surprised as she noticed the phone attached to his ear.

“Who’s that?”

“Seunhgyun.”

“Ah, guess the beer wasn’t necessary.”

“Who's that? It sounds like a woman.”

“Don’t make assumptions. It’s Cherin, she came with me claiming that she needed the inspirations too.” He ignored the womans shove, falling over to lay on the couch.

“You two were working?”

“I was… attempting to write. It didn’t turn out so well.”

“You want me to let you go? I can call you tomorrow?”

Jiyong shook his head. “No, I wanted to hear your voice.”

“I love you.”

He smiled.

“I love you too.”



In which the author appologizes because she had the worse case of writers block and didn't even edit this chapter so that you wouldn't have to wait any longer.

I'm sorry >.<