Chapter 47

50 Moments to Show I Care

“No one needs to know”

It was a joke, a simple prank.

After hearing about Jiyongs fear from Seungri he had hatched his scheme with as much effort as he put to writing his lyrics. This reaction, however, was not apart of the plan.

Why was Jiyong curled into himself, tears streaming down his clenched eyes, with shaking shoulders? Why was he having a breakdown?

“Ji? Are you okay?”

Seunghyun stood awkwardly as Jiyong slowly started to regain his breathing. The tears were still flowing as though his tear ducts were connected to the ocean. He really didn’t know how to handle this situation.

“It was a joke, I’m sorry.”

He could only watch as Jiyong clenched and unclenched his firsts, probably in attempts to calm his nerves. Knowing Jiyong, the boy would probably be embarrassed if the others were to find out. His reaction was, for lack of better words, dramatic. Seunghun still wasn’t sure as to why he had broken down the way he had.

“I didn’t-, umm, No one needs to know about this. I won’t say anything to the others.”

“ you Choi, you and your ing pranks.” Jiyong was seething, his words came out as pants as he tried to regain his breathing. Seunghyun flinched at the tone.

It was confusing, so freaking confusing. Why was Jiyong reacting this way? Was the prank that bad? Had he gone too far this time?

“I’m sorry.”

“No, you don’t get to do like this and expect to be forgiven. Friends don’t do like this.” Seunghyun could only watch as Jiyong grabbed the offered towel from his hand in shock.

All he had done was push Jiyong into the water, that was it. Why did that deserve such a reaction? As soon as he noticed Jiyongs panic he had jumped in after him, soaking them both even though he only had one towel, and pulled him out.

It was a joke.

“ you Choi, stay the out of my life.”

Seunghyun felt his heart stop at the words, Jiyong not sparing a single glance back as he walked away from the pool, towel draped over his head in attempts to dry his hair.

What the hell just happened?

*******

“What the hell is wrong with you?”

It wasn’t Seunghyun's week. First Jiyong was completely ignoring him, he was probably serious when he said to leave him alone, and now Youngbae had barged into his home to lecture him about what a terrible human being he was.

He was still so confused.

“Why would you even think to do something like that to Jiyong?”

Seunghyun could feel his head throbbing at the yelling. It had been a while since he had been yelled at but did he really deserve it? Something bigger must be going on for Youngbae to yell at him over a prank. The man normally stayed out of conflicts like this until it turned serious.

Did that mean Jiyong was serious about cutting him off?

Seunghyun bit his lip, it hurt to think like that.

Jiyong was one of his best friends, one of the closest people to him. For 10 years of friendship to be thrown away for a small prank made it seem like their friendship wasn’t worth it to begin with.

It didn’t really seem fair to him.

“You know he has a phobia of water so why-”

“Phobia?”

Youngbae stopped to stare at him. Seunghyun would have felt uncomfortable under the stare if he wasn’t so confused. Why would Youngbae mention a phobia? Seungri had said fear, but a phobia was on another level completely.

“Yeah, phobia.” Youngbaes voice lowered after realizing that Seunghyun really had no idea it was as serious as a phobia. “After the death of his father.”

Seunghyun felt immediate guilt. Of course Jiyong had developed a phobia after his father died. His father had died in the water, now Jiyong was afraid of it.

, he was an idiot.

“I didn’t know.”

That was no excuse. He should have known, he should have realized. It had been so long since Jiyongs father passed that he thought nothing of the man while he was planning the prank. If he had then he wouldn’t have followed through.

It all made sense now. He couldn’t fault Jiyong for wanting nothing to do with him. He was a royal screw up.

“I have to apologize.” He moved to grab his coat as Youngbae follow behind him.

“He won’t want to see you. He sounded serious when he said he wanted nothing to do with you.”

Had Seunghyun not realized the seriousness of the situation he would have agreed to leave it alone but he was now made aware of his mistakes. It wouldn’t sit right with him if he just let Jiyong continue to be upset with him. He didn’t want to lose a friendship because of his ignorance.

Besides, it hurt him more than his own mother being upset with him when Jiyong avoided him. Seungyun didn’t want to feel this way anymore.

He’d find Jiyong and set things right.

“Will you tell me where he is or not? I have to make things right.”

Youngbae looked hesitant but sighed a breath of relief shortly after.  

********

Seunghyun stared at jiyong from across the table. Jiyong's eyes held no emotion as he used his spoon to stir his tea. Seunghyun bit his bottom lip in attempts to quell his nerves.

He had gone straight to Jiyongs mother's house after hearing from Youngbae that he was camping out at his parents house. Mrs. Kwon had let him right in after opening the door. She was adamant to ignore Jiyongs yells to keep him out as she led both of them into the kitchen, sat them both down at the table, and poured them a mug of tea.

She disappeared shortly after.

Seunghyun had heard the faint sound of the front door closing and he knew they were now alone.

They had been in their positions for 3 minutes now. Jiyong wasn’t going to say anything to him and he didn’t know where to begin. He just hoped he didn’t screw this up more than it already was.

“I’m sorry.”

“You’ve said that already.”

He flinched at the uncaring tone Jiyong sent his way and glanced down at his own cooling tea. He knew a simple apology wasn’t going to fix this.

Tears swelled up in his eyes but he pushed them back. He had no reason to cry, he wasn’t the one being wronged.

“I didn’t know. Seungri said you were scared but I didn’t know-”

“How could you not know? You know everything about me.”

“Because I’m an idiot. I’m an idiot who doesn’t deserve your forgiveness because I ed up in not realizing that you had a phobia.”

Silence settled between the two but Seunghyun was too ashamed to lift his head. He was 5 seconds away from getting on his knees and begging for forgiveness.

Actually, begging for forgiveness seemed to be the best option.

Standing from his chair, Seunghyun got gown on his knees in front of Jiyong and bowed his head. This was the first time he was apologizing like this since he had made his mother upset years ago when he decided to pursue a career in underground rapping. His mother had been furious and he understood that.

Jiyong would know he didn’t get on his knees for no small reason. He would know how sincere he was in his apology.

“I’m really- really- sorry for being such an . I’ll do anything to make it up to you, anything to gain your forgiveness. I don’t want years of friendship to end just because I’m unable to use my brain.”

He could not longer hold a thought and just spoke from his heart. He clenched his hands on his knees and bent a little closer to the floor. Seunghyun could see Jiyongs feet turn towards him.

“I know it’s selfish of me but I can’t let you cut me out of your life. It was only 2 and a half days but I don’t know how I’ll manage without you, I couldn’t live without you.”

It was true. He had felt absolutely miserable since Jiyong had left him at the pool by himself and as the days progressed he didn’t want to do anything but cry in his bed. He didn’t, but he considered it.

“If you forgive me then I promise never to do anything so thoughtless-”

“I forgive you.”

“-again. I’ll never take you anywhere that has water, or-”

“I said I forgive you.”

Seunghyun's rant stopped as a small hand rested on the top of his head. The hand dropped from his head to cup his chin, lifting his gaze to meet Jiyongs, who was now crouched in front of him.

“You forgive me?”

It was unbelievable. How could Jiyong forgive him so easily? He had made the biggest mistake he ever could but Jiyong was going to forgive him?

“Yeah, I forgive you. Just don’t ever do it again.”

Seunghyun shook his head. Of course he wouldn’t ever do that again. He wasn’t that stupid. “I won’t I promise.”

Jiyong held his gaze for a brief second longer before quickly connecting lips in a brief peck. Seunghyun's eyes stared wide at what had just happened and Jiyong stood to his feet, mumbling a quiet ‘good’ before walking out of the kitchen.

Suenghyun was left to his thoughts.

What the hell just happened?



This prompt was given to me by Danees, applause please. I was actually feeling writers block before recieving it. It was supposed to be a multichaptered fic but I thought it would be better to just do an extended chapter. While most of my chapters are 2-3 pages, this peaked at 6. The story and idea is really good. 

Also, to the two who reviewd with ideas for my next project, neither idea was lame. Have more confidence in your ideas. They were really good. I'm just sad I can't use all of them. :)

Fun Fact: I listened to BEAST while writing this. Remember to support Hi5hLi5hts newest song.