Chapter 20

50 Moments to Show I Care

“You need to wake up because I can’t do this without you.”

 

It's funny how void life becomes once you've lost your only happiness in life, how the light of your world suddenly blows out.

 

He was no longer living, simply going through the motions.

 

Life had changed since the accident but he was a professional. He could handle it, he was handling it. Just because Jiyong wasn't actively with him didn't mean he was gone forever.

 

He was just taking an extended nap.

 

“You can't keep doing this. You're going to get sick.”

 

Seunghyun ignored the voice of Dami as she made her way into the room. Bags rustled in her direction but he kept his gaze locked on the sleeping face in front of him.

 

The aroma of food flooded his senses and his stomach rumbled in hunger.

 

It was nearing midnight, he had gotten there mid afternoon, he had not left his seat since arriving.

 

“Jiyong would want you to take care of yourself.”

 

Her voice was soft, tender in understanding. She had taken it just as hard as he did. Dami and Jiyong were like Bonnie and Clyde, always together, inseparable.

 

She was Jiyongs maid of honor at their wedding.

 

“Here, eat this. Since Jiyonggie can't make sure you're eating then I'll do it for him.”

 

Seunghyun looked at the box of food sitting on his lap before finally turning to acknowledge Damis presence.

 

She smiled at him, taking a seat on a small couch in the corner with her knees drawn up off the floor and her box of chicken on her lap.

 

They had been together everyday since the accident, this was how they had come to spend their nights. Mrs. Kwon came during the daytime, Mr. Kwon came during the afternoons, and Dami came at night. Seunghyun was starting to think they came more for him then Jiyong, afraid that he wasn't taking care of himself. They were right.

 

It was awkward at first, Mr. Kwon had never approved of their union, but after being forced to spend time their relationship improved.

 

Jiyong would be happy to hear that once he woke up.

 

If he woke up.

 

Tears stirred at the back of his eyes and he lowered his gaze back to the food to hide his watery gaze from Jiyong.

 

It had been 3 weeks since Jiyong had entered his current state, 3 weeks since he had heard his beautiful voice or had seen his stunning smile.

 

Seunghyun was beginning to lose hope.

 

“Seunghyun? Maybe you should go home tonight, sleep in your own bed. Sitting here every night isn't good for your body and I know you're tired. You worked today.”

 

His head snapped up as a hand landed on his shoulder.

 

Dami looked worried, they all did. He knew he should go home, Youngbae and Daesung had told him so earlier when they brought him extra cloths, but he didn't want to go home. He didn't want to go home while Jiyong wasn't there. He had no reason.

 

“I want to stay. I can go home tomorrow.”

 

She looked skeptical, she had every right. She knew he was lying, he knew he was lying. Seunghyun had to stay with Jiyong.

 

“I have to stay with him.”

 

He turned back to his chicken and closed the lid, appetite lost. Dami sighed, mumbling something about fresh air before leaving.

 

It was hard for her to be in a room where her brother was in a coma. She wouldn't even look at him.

 

Seunghyun understood. It was hard for him too, but he could never take his eyes away.

 

It didn't seem real, none of it did. It didn't seem real that Jiyong wouldn't be waking up in the foreseeable future, that Jiyong might not wake up at all.

 

What would he do if that happened? How would he live? He couldn't survive on his own. He would rot away as he was now. He needed someone to take care of him. He needed Jiyong to take care of him.

 

“You need to wake up because I can’t do this without you.”

 

Seunghyun cried as he held onto Jiyongs cold hand, chicken discarded to the table, and he hung his head.

 

He cried and cried, and when he felt no more tears would come he cried harder.

 

It was the first time he had cried since getting the news of his husbands accident.

 

Arms wrapped around his shoulders from the back and Seunghyun cried harder, his hands wrapping tighter around Jiyongs but hold still tender as to not bruise the still hands.

 

He leaned forward, face resting on the edge of the bed, inconveniencing Dami as she bent into an awkward position to comfort him.

 

It was tiring, he was tired.

 

Maybe he should sleep too, sleep with Jiyong for as long as his husband wanted.

 

Seunghyun closed his eyes.



+"When you feel like theres no way out, Love is the only way"+