Chapter 21

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Were in the middle of a thunderstorm and you want to stop and feel the rain?”

 

Chapter 20 Continued.

 

Seunghyun didn’t know what it was, he didn’t know how one person could have so much of an effect on him. How was it possible for the same person to rip his joy away yet return the very joy they had taken away?

 

Jiyong had woken up.

 

1 weeks ago, Seunghyun still felt as though he was dreaming. He was here though, holding his hand as they walked through the rain. Seunghyun's grip tightened on the umbrella as memories of Jiyong awakening found it’s way to the surface.

 

Seunghyun had been there a lone, Dami leaving 5 minutes prior. Jiyong had jerked in his sleep before slowly one lid opened, followed by the other. He had groaned at the lack of use of his limbs and Seunghyun had nearly passed out in shock.

 

The doctor had given him a clean bill of health and Seunghyun hadn’t stopped smiling, not even as Jiyong had yelled at him for not taking care of his own well being as he was unable to.

 

Seunghyn just didn’t know how to function without Jiyong.

 

It had to still be a dream. After waiting months for the other to awake there was no way Seunghyun was feeling the warm flesh of his lover. There was no way Jiyong was there after he had lost all hope in the others ability to wake up.

 

His heart throbbed at the memory. He had lost hope. The others had looked on in pity as he was the last one to hold on to the hope, but slowly his candle had blown out as well. He thought that he would need to cut the life support that the doctors had put him on and he thought he would need to live the rest of his life with a void. It was his own selfishness that clung onto Jiyongs life.

 

Shoulders slumped as he dropped the umbrella. Water assaulted the pair and Jiyong jumped to pick up the fallen item. He was unable to reach his objective as he was pulled into firm arms, a face burying itself into his neck. Jiyong could feel warms drops landing on his bare skin and he knew Seunghyun was crying.

 

Seunghyun didn’t like crying in front of him, he was trying to mask his tears with the rain.

 

“I thought you would never wake up.” His voice was hoarse, low in tone.

 

Jiyong’s heart trembled. If only he had woken up sooner. If only the accident had never happened.

He wrapped his arms around the bigger billed and ignored the shivers as the rain continued its assault. Of all the times Seunghyun could have chosen to do this, he chose the middle of a storm.

 

“I’m sorry it took so long.” His voice was apologetic, tender.

 

Seunghyun shook his head no and finally lifted his head, raising his hands to cup the other's face before placing a kiss on plump lips.

 
 

Jiyongs grip on the man's jacket only tightened and he smiled. He was happy to be awake, he was happy to be reunited with the light of his world. He couldn’t even begin to imagine what Seunghyun had gone through, what he had put the other man through.

 

After minutes of standing in the rain, and getting strange looks from bystanders, Jiyong felt the chill stronger than before. If they stayed any longer then they would both get sick.

 

“We need to go, we’ll get sick.”

 

He would have picked up the umbrella but there was no point. They were both already drenched.

 

“2 more minutes.”

 

There eyes remained connected and Jiyong felt his face flush red. So much love was locked in Seunghyun's gaze, much more love then he felt before the accident. It was embarrassing, he didn’t know how to handle it.

 

“Were in the middle of a thunderstorm and you want to stop and feel the rain?”

 

As if on cue, thunder rang through the sky and Jiyong flinched at the sound. Seunghun chuckled, dropping his hands to his sides before grabbing hold of the umbrella in one hand and Jiyong's hand in the other.

 

He walked briskly through the streets as Jiyong followed closely behind, giving a firm squeeze every few seconds.

 

They needed to get home. They were going to get sick.



Sadness be gone <3