Chapter 29

50 Moments to Show I Care

“I thought you were dead.”

 

Segunhyun hated hospitals, he hated them with everything he was. The walls were to white and the staff was too professional. There was no feeling of warmth and hardly anything that brought you into a hospital retained that feeling.

 

Only bad things happened in the hospital.

 

Dae draped his arms around his shoulders, pulling him into a hug. He allowed his body to be pulled into the younger mans but he forced back his tears. It wouldn’t do well to cry in situations like these. He needed to maintain some type of dignity.

 

“I’m sure he’ll be fine. Jiyongie is strong.”

 

Youngbae sounded so sure of himself as his voice flowed through the small hallway, bringing comfort to Seungri whose eyes were red from his crying. He had been the first one to break down into tears as Jiyong was rushed away in an ambulance.

 

It had shocked them all when Jiyong had fainted after the show. He had been so active, nothing was out of the normal. The ambulance was called after realizing he wasn’t waking up and his breathing had become shallow.

 

Seunghyun blamed himself. He should have noticed something was wrong with the other. He should have made Jiyong take a break.

 

Removing himself from Daes arms, he switched their positions. He was the hyung, the oldest. He should be the one to comfort his younger brothers. He bit his lip as his shirt became wet. Daesung had been holding in his tears. He was the next one to break after Seungri.

 

Turning his gaze onto Youngbae, he wasn't surprised to find silent tears there either. He was constantly wiping his tears but nothing would stop them. Jiyong was his best friend, after all.

 

“Kwon Jiyong, always giving us worries, the bastard.” He chuckled to himself. “He’ll be fine. He’ll pull through this because the bastard is too stubborn not to. He’s got big dreams to fulfill after all.”

 

They all looked to him, the members, his family, and he was sure to smile at them all in reassurance. Jiyong was normally their backbone, he would have to take his place for the moment.

 

“Excuse me, are you here for Jiyong?”

 

Mr. Kwon stood to his feet, walking to the doctor as Dami conforted her mother.

 

“Yes. He is my son.”

 

The doctor's eyes swept over the hallway before smiling at the man standing in front of her.

 

“Jiyong is doing fine. He passed out due to serious dehydration. I suggest you keep him in the hospital for a few days to keep his levels up as he is still very weak and his body is unable to regulate the way it should at the moment.”

 

Mr. Kwons shoulders slumped in relief and the tension in the air was suddenly broken.

 

“Thank you doctor.”

 

“You’re welcome. He’s awake but not completely coherent so only 3 visitors at a time. Try not to keep him up to long, he needs his rest.”

 

The doctor left in silence as Jiyongs family stood, walking into the room to check their boy.

 

Seunghyun looked at s and smiled as they all glanced at him. Now that the worry was out of the way they seemed to be more considerate to how he was feeling about the whole thing.

 

“Thanks, hyung.”

 

Youngbaes voice was quiet and Seunghyun did nothing but nod, laying his head against the wall behind him before closing them shut. He would wait patiently for his turn to speak to the man in silence. He didn’t really want to talk to anyone anymore.

 

Dehydration, he should have known. Jiyong had been overworking himself, he always had been a workaholic. It normally left him to take care of the younger man who had no consideration to his own well being.

 

The passion Jiyong had for his craft was as enduring as it was stressful. He was passionate, Seunghun loved that about him. Seunghyun just wished Jiyong was more conscious of how it affected his body and how it would affect Seunghyun should something happen to him.

 

Like now. Had Seunghyun been by himself he would have already broken down in tears worrying about the man. It made Seunghyun wonder if being a celebrity was worth it, if any of this was worth it. It made him wonder if Jiyongs career was more important than him.

 

Was it?

 

“Seungyun, you can go in now. We can wait.”

 

His eyes snapped open and he looked at Youngbae. He wasn’t mentally prepared for that yet so he sent the other members in first. They hesitated but followed his instruction regardless.

 

Mrs. Kwon came to his side, holding his hand in a firm grip as Dami came to his other side. Mr Kwon had gone to get food for them as they had been waiting for 3 hours.

 

Seunghyun looked at Jiyongs mother. She was such a sweet woman with a heart of gold. He gave her hand a firm squeeze as he smiled. She was much like his own mother.

 

“As soon as he saw us he asked for you. Selfish brat.” Dami sounded bitter but her smile said otherwise. Her mother just chuckled at his side.

 

“It’s love Dami. My boy loves you so much.”

 

Seunghyun blushed and let out an embarrassed chuckle. Jiyongs family had always been so accepting of their relationship, always more supportive than his own. He wondered what they would think about Jiyong recently accepting his proposal. They would probably celebrate it with them.

 

It was his own father he was worried about. So far, the only one in his family who knew was his sister.

 

“It’s obvious you love him to since you're going to get married.”

 

Eyes widening in shock, Seunghyun choked on the air flowing around him. They knew? Looking between the two woman it was obvious. Had Jiyong told them? They were supposed to do it together. How could Jiyong tell them without him.

 

“Mom! You were supposed to say anything yet. You were supposed to wait for Jiyong to tell you.”

 

The older woman just shrugged before her pout turned into a smile. She looked pleased either way. Dami just sighed and gave him an apologetic

smile.

 

“Sorry, I was with Jiyong when he decided to say yes and I couldn’t keep it in. You two are just so cute.”

 

“Hyung, you can go in now.”

 

Seunghyun's reply flew out the window as the other three came out of the room. He slowly stood to his feet and ignored the others as he entered the room, closing the door behind him.

 

Jiyong laid, eyes drowsy, with a smile on his face as he registered who entered the room. He held his hand out and Seunghyun wasted no time moving to hold it.

 

He didn’t like seeing his lover lying like this, tired, iv poking into his arm, machines attached to his chest to monitor his heart. It wasn’t a sight Seunghyun wanted to remember. He didn’t want to remember not taking care of Jiyong.

 

“Sorry.”

 

“ you, I thought you were dead.”

 

Jiyong chuckled at his pout and he felt reluctant to let go of his irritation as the warmth in his hand squeezed.

 

“Your mom knows about the engagement.”

 

Jiyong tilted his head in confusion before signing, body relaxing against the pillows. He looked uncomfortable.

 

“Dami must have told her. She’s bad with secrets.”

 

Seugnhyun nodded his head, it was unnecessary. Jiyong's eyes had closed as his drowsiness was starting to tug.

 

Jiyong would be asleep in the next few minutes.

 

“I should go. You need your sleep and your family probably wants to stay with you.”

 

The man nodded his head and gripped tighter to the hand. He didn’t want Seunghyun to leave him yet, not when he just got there.

 

“Lay with me.”

 

Seunghyun hesitated before following the man's wishes. Maneuvering around the wired, he placed them in a comfortable position, spooning the man and finding comfort in the man's warmth.

 

They normally had to be cautious in this type of situation because of the nurses, but the facility had already been paid off to keep quiet. Jiyong being in the hospital would be known to anyone who wasn’t in their crew.

 

It was hard, not thinking about his family after finding out that Jiyongs family knew, but he did so for the sake of holding Jiyong in his arms.

Everything would be fine. Everything was always fine.



Sorry