Chapter 8

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Wanna bet?”


 

“Jiyong, I think that we should take a break.” Seunghyun panted as he bent down to rest his hands on his knees. He was tired, drained. His

feet hurt and his stamina was nearly dissolved. He wasn’t going to be able to walk home at this rate.

 

“Hyung, if we take a break you're never going to lose weight. How do you expect to get in if-”

 

“I know,” he snapped. “I’ll loose the weight but this isn’t how it’s going to happen.”

 

Jiyong sighed, crossing his arms in disappointment at Seunghyun. There wasn’t many days left until the next audition and Jiyong doubted the other had the passion of making it into the company. He had the talent and the skill to get in, but his weight had been the issue.

 

“I don’t think you really want to lose it.”

 

“You don’t know anything then. I’m going to loose it, my way.”

 

It was Seunghyun's way of saying he didn’t want Jiyongs help anymore. It hurt a little to think like that but Jiyong was good at reading between the lines.

 

“Wanna bet?”

 

A bet, a bet would be the best way to ensure Seunghyun would try his hardest. More than anything, Seunghyun hated losing a bet. He only had 39 days left to lose all of the weight he possibly could to get into YG, he’d only lost half a pound. Jiyong wanted him in the company with him, he wanted him in the new group YG was putting together more than any other rapper he would be forced to work with.

 

Spending added time with your boyfriend was a plus, especially since they hardly saw each other with his constant practicing.

 

“Deal.”

 

Seunghun held his hand out and Jiyong shook it in agreement. They were betting the usual, as always.

 

“I’ll loose the weight needed to get in my own way and you can’t interfere. If I can’t lose the weight then you win.”

 

Their hands shook again once the terms were settled and Jiyong was worried, but he trusted in the man. If Seunghyun said he was going to do something, he would do it.

 

“I’m going to the gym now, I’ll call you tonight.”

 

Jiyong did nothing but nod as the other kissed his forehead and laughed at the blush forming on Jiyong face. He didn’t like PDA, he had media to worry about now.

 

“Bye Hyunnie.”

 

“Bye Jiyonggie.”

 

Seunghun left with a smile on his face.

 

The next time Jiyong saw Seunghyun was during his next audition. 41 pounds the man lost, all by himself. His face was slim and his jawline was sharp. Jiyong instantly knew he was going to be a noona killer, the man was a shoe in for the company.

 

Nothing made his heart sore more than when Seunghyun beamed him a smile, pride written all over him as he relayed the great news that he had gotten into the company.

 

“Congratulations hyung.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

The two sat in silence as a mischievous grin grew on Seunghyuns face. Jiyong tensed at the look. Whatever Seunghyun was thinking he knew he wouldn’t like it. The look spelled trouble.

 

“So, about that bet.”

 

.


I never make a bet unless I'm sure I'm going to win.