Chapter 23

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Just once.”

 

Seunghyun couldn't believe his ears, or his eyes.

 

Here he was, just getting back from his schedule, looking at a begging Seungri and Jiyong. He had been so surprised at the pleading men that he wasn't even sure what they were begging for.

 

“Please Hyung, just one painting-”

 

Painting?

 

“ no.”

 

“Hyunnie, he just needs it for one night.”

 

Seunghyun couldn't believe what he was actually hearing? He would expect this type of plead from Seungri, the kid always asked to ‘borrow’ things, but Jiyong had surprised him completely. These were his paintings, his babies. Since he and Jiyong weren’t going to have any kids in the near future he had adopted every painting on the wall to show his undivided love.  

 

Jiyong knew this. Jiyong knew he wouldn’t trust Seungri with his children.

 

“But, Hyung, I told her-”

 

Seunghyun jerked his arm out of Seungri's hold and crossed his arms firmly over his chest. The youngest faltered, looked at Jiyong for support, before sticking his bottom lip out.

 

Jiyong placed a comforting hand on Seungri's arm before turning hard eyes towards Seunghyun. It was then that he knew they were going to fight. An argument over letting Seungri ‘borrow’ a painting would surely happen and Seunghyun should have known.

 

If paintings were Seunghyun's children, then Seungri was Jiyongs.

 

Spoiled Brat.

 

“Seunghyun, maybe we should talk in the room.”

 

He gulped at Jiyongs scathingly sweet voice but he refused to budge. The last thing he wanted to do was to go behind doors with an upset Jiyong. The younger man didn’t necessarily scare him, but he was a little frightened over what would be said.

 

Shaking his head no, he dropped his gaze from Jiyong to meet Seungri's. He looked so pitiful.

 

“I’m not talking to you about this. If the kid wants a painting go buy one for him. Better yet, give him one of yours.”

 

Jiyong sighed, straightening his back in preparation for battle. Seunghyun regretted not taking this to the room. It felt like he was fighting with his wife in front of the children.

 

“I would, but they’re all packed up. He’s looking for a specific painting and you just so happen to be in possession of it.”

 

He’s in possession of it? “What do you even need it for? Why do you need a specific one? Why are you two always making life hard for me?”

 

Seungri chose the moment to finally step forward. Bracing himself for the final reaction, he released his lip and looked Seunghyun straight in the eyes. Uncertainty mixed with feigned confidence. “I just wanted to impress her. I told her I liked painting and that I collected since she really likes them. I want her to think I’m smart and cultured, like she is.”

 

It wasn’t often, but Seunghyun felt his heartstrings pull at the confession. He had heard about the girl from Jiyong. Seungri was completely smitten. He talked about her as though she was his reason for living. It made his feel bad to tell him no.

 

His resolve was breaking.

 

“I don’t want you to take a painting. You don’t take care of things.”

 

“It’s just this one Seunghyun, he just needs it for one night.”

 

He couldn’t believe he was doing this, but Seunghyun was probably going to let him take it.

 

Seungri brightened at the change of atmosphere and he bit his bottom lip.

 

“Please, hyung. Just this once.”

 

“Fine, ing brat.”

 

Seungri whooped with joy, hugging Jiyong before bowing to Seunghyun in gratitude. Honestly, if Seunghyun knew the proud smile that crossed Jiyong's face would have happened sooner then he wouldn’t have even put up a fight. Rather than him being proud of Seungri, the smile was directed to him.

 

“Thanks so much Hyung,”  Seungri ran to the wall, pulling a painting down before heading out the door. “I promise to take better care of this one!”

 

The door shut behind him and Seunghyun froze.

 

Better care of this one

 

Better care... this one

 

Meaning more than one?!

 

Darting his eyes to his lover, he wasn’t surprised to find the other gone. The little traitor had given Seungri a painting before. The little straighter had given away his painting to the little who obviously didn’t take good care of it.

 

“Kwon- ing- Jiyong!”



In which Seunghyun buys a new painting to replace the one he would never get back.

Sorry for the late post. I was doing daily writings but then I went out of town, then 2ne1, then Winner, then sadness galore.

I'm back now.