Chapter 40

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?”



Seunghyun watched as Jiyong plopped down into his seat, hunched over the table, scowl in place. Jiyong was upset, irritated, possibly pissed. He had every reason, they had just returned from a meeting with YG who had told him to scrap all of the songs he had written for Bigbangs new album.

The CEO had stated that the music Jiyong had written was mediocre and unthoughtful, claiming that he wouldn’t even let the worst musical act in the world perform the music.

The man had verbally attacked Jiyongs work and Jiyong had taken a blow to his confidence, his pride. Their leader kept his head held high in front of his group but they all knew how seriously he took the criticism from their CEO, how valued his opinion was of their music.

When he had returned to the studio the others had tried to cheer him up in anyway, Jiyong wouldn’t budge. Noting that their leaders mood was ruined for the rest of the day the others had left, scared to face Jiyong rath if they stayed a moment longer.

“Don’t you have something better to do?” Jiyongs tone was scathing, he obviously wanted to be left alone.

Seunghyun ignored the tone, he wasn’t going anywhere. Not when Jiyong was in his feelings, not when Jiyong needed someone to stay with him. This was Kwon Jiyong he was dealing with, not GDragon. Jiyong hated to be alone more than anything, even if he pushed people away. He was sensitive.

“Nope, nothing better then spending my life with you.”

Jiyong scoffed, rolling his eyes. He uncapped his pen to scribble to lines of his now tarnished lyrics and Seunghyun held back a wince.

“Go home, I don’t want you here.”

“Don’t take your anger out on me, you weren’t the only one who was just harshly criticized.”

It was true, but Seunghyun had a better hold of his emotions. They had presented the president with complete songs, Seunghyun's lyrics were being discarded too. Actually, his acting as well as his carelessness in front of the fans and during interviews was also attacked. It bothers him but it wouldn’t let him be in a sour mood for the rest of the day, besides, he could go home and cry about it later.

Jiyong glanced up from his notebook to look at him before lowering his gaze again, his scribbles losing the anger behind it.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’m not too upset about it. It’s not like he was completely off. I really hadn’t put much thought into the lyrics and I never really cared about my persona in front of fans.”

Jiyong sighed in response, finally putting down his pen and turning a few pages before handing the notebook over to Seunghyun. He eyes Jiyong before looking down at the words written on the pages. Lyrics, lyrics with 10x more emotion than Jiyong had previously.

“Why did you show this to him?”

Jiyong shrugged, rubbing his arms in embarrassment, his face flushing red. “I’ve been working on it for the past 3 years. It’s raw, not really flushed out yet.”

Seunghyun nodded in understanding, he was a musician afterall. The words written on the page would have to be flushed out, they were to personally to release, but they were good. YG wouldn’t have complained about this.

“We can go with this, it;s good. We can stay here and work on the lyrics tonight. You can have Teddy read over them tomorrow.”

“Youngbae has some ideas for the song, he saw this yesterday.”

Seunghyun felt a surge of jealousy at Youngbae seeing them first, but he pushed it down at Jiyong shift in attitude. Jiyongs mood was becoming better.

“Good, and we can call it ‘Loser, Papa YG will get a kick out of that.”

Jiyong smiled a small smile at the joke and Seunghyun felt accomplished.

“Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?”

Laughter erupted from Jiyong lips and Seunghyun knew Jiyong was officially in a better mood. His confidence was mended with the complement of what he had written and he was determined, now, to prove YG that a 3 year hiatus from Bigbang had no affect on how well he wrote for s.

Seunghyun couldn’t wait to see the look on YG’s face.



10 chapters left ^.^