Chapter 17

50 Moments to Show I Care

Looks like we’ll be trapped for a while…”

 

Seunghyun knew this was a bad idea. He knew it was a bad idea since Seungri had suggested it, but Jiyongs puppy eyes had been the last push. If Seunghyun could go back in time he would skip out on this, like he had skipped out on so many of their other outings, he would. At least then he wouldn’t have been persuaded to get on the ‘romantic’ ferris wheel with Jiyong and he wouldn’t be trapped in an enclosed space so high up.

 

“Looks like we’ll be trapped for a while…”

 

Jiyong's voice was distant, probably because Seunghun was trying to control his breathing. This wasn’t good, his heart was beating too fast and his breathing was becoming more shallow as the minutes passed. 4 minutes, he counted the seconds. He had been counting since the announcement came though the raggedy speakers in the car.

 

Seunghyun wasn’t scared of heights, but he wasn’t fan of being suspended in mid air.

 

“How long do you think it will take for them to fix it?”

 

He didn’t care, honestly he didn’t. The only thing he cared about was the darkness behind his eyes.

 

“Seunghyun, are you okay?”

 

No. no. He wasn’t okay. He wasn’t okay with being stranded in mid air, and he wasn’t okay with it taking 5 minutes for Jiyong to notice that he was far from okay. He clenched his fist a little tighter and he could feel the sweat finally forming on his face.

 

“Hyunnie?”

 

Seunghyun flinched at the hand touching his shoulder and he pushed it off.

 

“, are you hyperventilating?”

 

Of course he wasn’t hyperventilating, he was just breathing at an accelerated breath. Why wasn’t it slowing down? Why was it so hard to breath? Now his head was starting to become hazy and his chest was turning tight.

 

When had he become like this?”

 

“Seunghyun, you have to calm down. You have to breath. Focus on my voice.”

 

Jiyongs soothing tone was doing little to help. He tried to focus on it, he tried to focus on the hands rubbing soothing circles on his back but it wasn’t helping. Why wasn’t anything helping?

 

“Seunghyun, look at me.”

 

He tried, he really did, but they wouldn’t open. They felt as though they were glued shut with gorilla glue. There was no way he could open them now.

 

“Open your eyes and look at me.” Jiyong’s tone was firm, trusting.

 

Seunghyun opened his eyes, light brown eyes peering into his own. Those eyes made him feel like he could trust every word Jiyong said.

 

“You’re doing fine, you’re going to be alright."

 

Soothing words spoken in a firm tone. He could feel his head shaking in confirmation as Jiyong took the lead. He repeated the words to himself over and over again. He was fine, he was going to be okay. He would, Jiyong said so.

 

“We’re moving now, we’ll be on the ground any second now.”

 

And they were. The car finally stopped and the door finally opened. Fresh air filled his lung and his breathing finally evened out.

 

He was okay, it was okay.

 

“You good now?”

 

Seunghyun nodded his head before his dry lips. “Yeah… I’m good.”

 

Jiyong hesitated before nodding his head. He stood to his feet and grabbed onto Seunghyun sleeve, dragging him out of the cart and onto solid ground.

 

The others watched them with worried eyes as Seunghyun took time to smile at each of them. They each knew he had a fear of being high up with no security to protect him.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

They looked at Jiyong for confirmation and he smiled. “He’s fine.”

 

Clasping hands, the followed the others as they led the way to the resting area. This was the one good thing about being rich, renting out amusement parks. They could be as affectionate as they wanted to and no one could spread the news.

 

“So much for that being a romantic ride.”

 

“Shut up.”



I'm afraid of heights.