Chapter 38

50 Moments to Show I Care

“You fainted…straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention you didn’t have to go to such extremes.”



The first thing Jiyong registered as he regained consciousness was how much his head throbbed. He felt as though he was being hit by a bus in continuous rotation.

 

Had he passed out? God, he hoped he didn’t.

 

Forcing his eyes open, Jiyong groaned in his efforts. THe throbbing in his head only intensified as he held his lids open. All he wanted was to close his eyes and drift back off into the world of dreams.

 

He was at school, the nurse's office, his uniform becoming increasingly uncomfortable as his body caught up with his mind. The sleeves of his dress shirt was feeling stiff, he was grateful someone ed the first few buttons of his shirt.

 

He couldn’t believe he had really passed out at school. How embarrassing.

 

“You’re finally awake.”

 

The voice was unfamiliar in his ears. It was deep, somewhat soothing to his ringing ears.

 

Turning his head to the side, he was surprised at who sat there. He had half expected Youngbae to be at his side but instead an unfamiliar face was there to greet him.

 

He was the new kid, he had transferred in just a week ago. No one really knew much about him other than the face that he was extremely handsome and moved from Canada. Most of the kids he was going to school with developed an obsession with finding out everything they could about this mystery man.

 

Jiyong groaned, trying to lean up. He gently smiled at the other in thanks as he leaned over to help, only releasing his hold when he was stable enough to sit upright on his own.

 

From what Jiyong could gather, after 3 minutes with the man, the new kid was kind.

 

“What happened?” He rubbed the back of his head and winced as his head ached at the touch.

 

“You fainted…straight into my arms.” Jiyong blushed at the revelation. He would be a laughing stock for a few days. Crap. Why did it have to be at school?

“You know, if you wanted my attention you didn’t have to go to such extremes.”

Jiyong snapped his attention to the man by his side and whimpered at the force. The new kid cooed at his idiocy, rubbing at his head in attempts to sooth the pain Jiyong had unintentionally caused.

 

“, my head hurts.”

 

The new kid nodded, keeping his gaze on the sore spot he was rubbing. He was leaning in close to Jiyong, his frame clear for Jiyong to oogle. He was attractive, eye candy. His jawline was sharp but his eyes were kind, even if his gaze was strong.

 

More importantly, he smelled like strawberries.

 

“That’s a given, you hit your head pretty hard.”

 

Jiyong sighed, brushing the man's hands away and watching as he reclaimed his seat on the chair by the bed.

 

“What’s your name anyway? You're new here, right?”

 

The man grinned, his smile nearly blinding as his bimple showed. Jiyong was strangely attracted to that. Dimples on a man was the cutest thing.

 

, he was attracted to the new kid.

 

“Seunghyun Choi. I moved here a week ago.”

 

“Ah. I'm Kwon Jiyong.”

 

An awkward silence settled between the two and Jiyong could no longer take it. Moving to get off of the bed, he allowed Seunghyun to hold his arm as he stood, the blanket falling off of his form and pooling onto the bed.

 

“I should probably get going,” he glanced up at the time, 1:48.  “I don’t really think I’ll be able to focus during the rest of my classes.”

 

“I’ll walk you home.”

 

Seungyun grabbed his own book bag, slinging it on his back, before putting Jiyongs over his shoulder.

 

Jiyong blushed furiously, being walked home? That was more embarrassing then fainting in front of a crowded. No, he wouldn’t allow Seunghyun to do that.

 

“Come on, the teachers already expected you to leave after you woke up.”

 

Seunghyun placed a hand on his lower back and led him out of the room. Jiyong snapped out of his embarrassment only after he was lead out of the school building, only stopping once so Seunghyun would tell the teachers he was walking him home.  

 

The cool breeze of winter snapped him awake.

 

“Wait, you don’t have to walk me.”

 

“I’d feel better if I did. I want to make sure you get home safe.”

 

He couldn’t really fight that logic, more importantly, he couldn’t fight that determined look. Seunghyun was so attractive, Jiyong felt like a schoolgirl who had developed a crush on the most handsome guy at school.

 

He should lay off the Manga.

 

“I can get there on my own though, really. I don’t want to trouble you.”

 

Seunghyun stopping, forcing Jiyong to stop as well. He moved to stand in front of Jiyong and it was the first time Jiyong noticed their height difference. Their heights were perfect for eachother.

 

Peering into eachothers eyes, Jiyong held back a blush.

 

“I know you don’t know me but I noticed you on my first day here. I grew interested, now I want to take care of you.” Seunghyun bent slightly, hands stuffed in his pocket as their eyes met on even level. “I like to take care of things, or people, that I’m interested in.”

 

Jiyong blushed, he should really work on that. Seugnhyun was interested? In him? Why? Ho could that even be possible?

 

“How- Why-”

 

Seunghyun smiled, returning to his position at his side and continued their walk, his hand warming up the place it left cold on the small of his back.

 

“I can tell you all of that on our way to your place. Now, which way?”

 

Jiyong sighed in defeat because really, nothing could beat his current curiousity. He wanted to know about Seunghyun, he wanted to know what would happen, what could happen between them.

 

“Fine, but you better start talking”

 

Seunghyn chuckled but followed the instruction.

 

They started dating the very next day.



In which I've started writing a new story.