Chapter 12

50 Moments to Show I Care

“I think we need to talk”

 

Cooking wasn’t Jiyongs strong suit. It never was and it probably never would be. Honestly, he didn’t know why he even practiced this simple dish with Youngbae for months if it was just going to end in failure. Why didn’t he just have his friend prepare the dish in advance and pretend he was the one who cooked it?

 

Oh, because this meal was for a very special occasion.

 

It was their anniversary, 5 years, and Jiyong wanted to cook for his hard working boyfriend. He had fully intended to have dinner on the table as Seunghyun came home from filming but the burnt noodles wanted other things. Jiyong didn’t even know noodles could turn so black.

 

Sighing in his frustration, Jiyong didn’t even notice the presence entering the kitchen. Seunghyun had gotten home early from his filming so he rushed home in order to spend as much time with his lover before the day ended. The last thing he expected to find was Jiyong standing in his kitchen, in front of a pot filled with something burning.

 

“Ji?”

 

He watched in amusement as Jiyong jumped, turning with a hand on his heart in attempt to calm his breathing.

 

“What are you doing home?”

 

Seunghyun would have laughed if he wasn’t so curious about Jiyong using his body to shield whatever was on the stove. He ignored the question as he moved closer to the pot. He really wanted to know now.

 

“Stop!”

 

Jiyong pressed his hands to the firm chest and continued pushing until he was out of the kitchen. He didn’t want Seunghyun to know what he was burning on the stove. He would need to start over, again.

 

Seunghyun pouted as Jiyong instructed him to stay out of the kitchen. He normally wouldn't have listened to the instruction but the look Jiyong gave him was begging him to listen this one time. He sighed, ing the first few buttons of his shirt before kissing Jiyong on the forehead in greeting. He had been so curious about what Jiyong was doing he forgot to say ‘hello.’

 

Jiyong chuckled at the affection, returning it with a peck on the lips. Seunghyun smiled. Kisses were his absolute favorite.

 

“Since you don’t want me in the kitchen, I’m going to take a bath. Since you’re probably cooking pasta it should be done when I get out, right? I’m hungry.”

 

Jiyong blushed a marvelous red and pushed him away, hurrying back into the kitchen in attempts to hide his embarrassment. Seunghyun could only laugh at the reaction. Teasing Jiyong was his favorite past time it seemed.

 

30 minutes later he felt refreshed. The water hitting his body had been just what he needed to relieve him of his daily stress. Filming wasn’t as bad as it had been but the lead actress just couldn’t get her lines right. It was a consistent problem he had with filming with the woman and he vowed he would never act with her again.

 

Making his way into the dining room, he was slightly surprised to see Jiyong sitting at the table, pasta on two plates placed on opposite ends of the table.

 

He sat down with complete caution as he eyes the food in front of him. There was no way this meal was cooked completely. The food looked good but as soon as the fork touched the noodle he knew they were hard. It was to be expected, Jiyong really wasn’t a good cook.

 

Seunghyun looked up at Jiyongs smile of anticipation. It was their anniversary, he should seriously consider being nice and eating the meal, but it had been 5 years. Seunghyun wasn’t going to force himself to eat something that could give him food poisoning.

 

“Ji, I love you, but I don’t trust your cooking. Stay out of my kitchen.”

 

Jiyong's face dropped in disappointment as he braved up and took a first bite. It wasn’t as bad as he expected but everything he assumed was correct. He knew Jiyong would be upset about his comment but he knew the mood would change as he continued to eat the food. It was edible, and Jiyong had probably been in the kitchen all day to make the simple dish. It was bland and hard but the effort it took to make it made him enjoy every bite.

 

“Hyunnie, I think we need to talk.”

 

Seunghyun glanced up to Jiyong as he swallowed another bite. He was nearly halfway done with his plate while Jiyongs was gone. Why was it taking so long for him to finish his meal? What could Jiyong possibly want to talk about?

 

“If you're breaking up with me you’ll have to wait. Anniversary is the best part of any relationship.”

 

Jiyong flushed bright red while Seunghyun chuckled in amusement. After 5 years, watching Jiyong blush still made his heart flutter. It felt good, it reminded him that this relationship was right.

 

“I’m not breaking up with you.”

 

Seunghyun shrugged a shoulder, taking another bite of noodles.

 

“I think we should move in together.”

 

He choked on the food in his mouth and grabbed a napkin from the side. Moving in together, it was a big step. One they probably should have taken years ago. The problem was they were still celebrities and they were both in their late 20’s. How would it look to the public with two grown men who make enough to buy two on their own houses living in the same house.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

Jiyong nodded. He had thought the same things Seunghyun had, he could tell. The conclusion wasn’t an easy one but it was one he was determined to make. Seunghyun would do nothing but stand by his side if things turned for the worse. He would always stand by Jiyongs side.

 

“Fine, let’s move in together.”

 

Jiyong cheered as he stood from his seat, kissing Seunghyun firmly on his lips as he pulled his phone from his pocket and ran out of the room. He was probably calling to tell Youngbae the good news. Youngbae was always the first person he told everything to.

 

“Jiyong!”

 

He waited for his lover to stick his head back into the dining room, smile radiating pure joy.

 

“Happy anniversary.”

 

“Happy anniversary.”


My birthday is in 11 days, and your comments are making me very happy.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and always welcome.