Chapter 10

50 Moments to Show I Care

“Teach me how to play?”

 

He had been laughed out of the apartment, again. Jiyong didn’t know what he did wrong. He had practiced as though his life depended on it but for some reason he would never win a game. He always lost a minimum of $100 before the night ended.

 

They always laughed at him.

 

Seotda wasn’t a complicated game, Jiyong could recite the rules as though he had written them himself. The problem was Youngbae, Little Seunghyun, Daesung, SooJoo, Cherin, Soohyuk and Hyorin were pro at cheating. It was hard for him to beat Youngbae in games anyway but Jiyong was sure there was cheating involved.

 

He had yet to win a single game.

 

“Are you going to hit your head on the wall all night?”

 

Jiyong groaned, lifting his head and taking a swig of his beer. He had come to Seunghyuns house in search of some comfort but the only thing the taller man said when he opened the door was ‘you really at that game.’

 

There was no comfort offered as it had become a tradition for Jiyong to lose the card game before running to Seunghyun to complain about how embarrassing it was for him to lose.

 

“I ing hate that game.”

 

He was a liar. He liked the game, he hated loosing. It wasn’t fun watching the faces of victory surround him while he wallowed in defeat. It annoyed him to no end.

 

Seunghyun chucked, popping the top of his own beer can and plopping down on the cushion next to his pouting lover. Jiyong looked cute no matter what he did.

 

“Pathetic liar.”

 

Seunghyun rubbed his hand through Jiyongs dark tresses. He loved the silky fill of his hair.

 

Jiyong allowed the caresses to continue as he leaned against the other man. His eyes zoned in on the television as an add for Choi Seunghyuns new movie flasked on the screen. Tazza:2, a movie about gambling.

 

Seunghyun held back a sigh as the trailer ran off the screen. He could feel the revelation flowing form Jiyong. It was obvious that Seunghyun had become somewhat of a pro while playing the game. Sure, the game was staged during the filming but he had to learn from a pro before filming even began. With the way Jiyong sat up, back straightening as his arm dropped from his hair, there was no way Seunghyun would be able to get out of this one.

 

Jiyongs determination could be as enduring as it was annoying.

 

“You learned how to play in the movie, right?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“You spent three months learning before you got to film, right?”

 

Seunghyun sighed. Nope, no getting out of it.

 

“Yup.”

 

“You never lost a game on set after you mastered it, right?”

 

Never losing would-”

 

“Teach me how to play?”

 

Seunghyuns words froze mid-sentence. Jiyong's face just screamed for favor and nothing but inappropriate thoughts including flashed across his mind. It wasn’t the time for these thoughts. Theses thoughts always got Jiyong what he wanted.

 

“Ji, I don't think-”

 

“If you don't want the man you love to face the shame of losing again then you'll help me.”

 

Seunghyun winced at the plea. It felt more like blackmail then anything but Seunghyun would still call it a plea since it came from Jiyong.

 

He didn't want to teach Jiyong how to effectively cheat in the cardgame. He wanted him to stay naively innocent since there was nothing else innocent about him. Seunghyun clung to these nights where he would comfort the man, because things always ended up being a little more aggressive in the bedroom as Jiyong released the frustrations of losing, and he didn't want to give it up.

 

Seunghyun was a very selfish man.

 

“You really need to let me finish my sentences.”

 

“Are you going to help me or not?”

 

The determined look in Jiyongs gaze told him he had no choice. He was going to have to help the man or Jiyong would become upset with him and he wouldn’t get laid. Honestly, what would he do without with Jiyong?

 

Jiyong perked up at Seunghyun's sigh and he knew he had won. He always got what he wanted, especially from Seunghyun. The man spoiled him to no ends but he gladly accepted it. It was nice to be given things without really having to work for it.

 

“Fine. Go get the ing cards.”

 

Seunghyun wasn't happy, but Jiyong was too happy to care. Releasing an embarrassing squeal in delight, Jiyong wrapped his arms around Seunghyun neck, pulling him in for a kiss that turned deeper as he pushed his tongue into the others mouth. Muscles interacted briefly before Jiyong pulled away, standing from the couch and running the the abnormally clean bedroom of Seunghyun's to find the cards.

 

Seunghyun chuckled as he heard the rustling in his room.

 

“You know we'll have to practice every night until your next game, right?” He called, loud enough for Jiyong to hear him. He was being selfish again. Getting something out of what he was doing for Jiyong. It wasn't a surprise though. He hardly did anything unless he got something in return.

 

“I'll pack a bag for the week when I go home tomorrow.”

 

Jiyong finally emerged from the room, cards in hand and grin of face. A happy Jiyong was everything to Seunghyun. He lived for that look and his heart soared every time he caused it.

 

Seunghyun spent a week reteaching the basics, as well as teaching small tricks that every novice gambler knew. When Jiying went to the next week's game he was able to beat Daesung, Cherin, and Seungri.

 

Not satisfied with not winning it all, Seunghyun was conned, Jiyong mouth could be very persuasive, into teaching Jiyong all of his tricks.

 

Once he finally mastered most of the tricks, he was able to beat everyone other than Youngbae.

 

Jiyong was completely baffled on how Youngbae had gotten so good. When the singer revealed that Seunghyun had needed a partner to practice with, he had gone to him to play with since everyone else had their own things going on. The two had learned to play together, it was why Seunghyun never went to the weekly games. They had played so much it wasn't as fun against each other anymore. That and Seunghyun just didn't want to go.

 

Jiyong had become obsessed with winning, Seunghyun decided. He never went anywhere without the cards and Seunghyun was becoming worried. Promising to help Jiyong beat his best friend, he taught him for one more week, a month in full, if efforts to break that obsession. 

 

Finally, after weeks of practice, he was able to beat Youngbae in a game. He was so ecstatic, so relieved, that he had left the apartment after his victory, leaving the money he won on the table, and went straight to Seunghyun in celebration. They had celebrated all night and Seunghyun was relieved that Jiyongs obsession was finally over.

 

Jiyong would never know how much Seunghyun had to pay the singer to throw the game.


If you guys aren't reading this any more, please, let me now. I'll stop writing.