LXXI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The darkness of the room pictured silence as the meeting currently took place. Projected graphs and pictures from the presentation captures the white screen in detail. It was a chilling ambiance to be in with the high level of seriousness in each person's face.

 

Long hours passed before all the agendas were finally adjourned. Bright lights blinded them as their secretaries took their folders on the table. Groans and deep sighs of relief bounced the walls of the room after such a long meeting.

 

"Thankfully, business is doing well.", Luhan speaks, stretching his arms.

 

"The economy is doing great.", Suho adds.

 

"This calls for another celebration then!", the outgoing Beakhyun exclaims to the rest.

 

"I'm in!!" His idea gets support from Kai who was happily raising his hand. 

 

Mixed reactions were gathered from the group. Schedules and business were in line at the planning of such an event. While the rest debated on having another get away, Sehun silently prepared to leave.

 

"Yah, is everything okay?" Kyungsoo whispers to the youngest. The question caught Sehun off guard and confused.

 

"Ah yeah hyung. Why?"

 

"Ani.. Not you." Kyungsoo then points out to the next person who had been silent the whole time as well. He had a frown on his face while he watched the rest of them discussing. Moreover, he looked to be very uninterested and displeased to their topic.

 

"Ah.. Chanyeol hyung's not having such a good day."

 

"Wae?"

 

"He didn't really tell me anything either. But I think it's Seri."

 

"Wae? She's mad at him? Did they fight? Omo! Did she dump him?", Jongdae's loud voice gathers everyone's attention. Sehun and Kyungsoo were both startled having him hear their conversation. His vulgar reaction receives a hit from Kyungsoo after seeing Chanyeol turn to them.

 

"Yah! What are you doing?", Sehun hushed his scandelous hyung.

 

"Who got dumped?", Yixing nosily asks.

 

Cold sweat run down Sehun's spine, feeling the pressure from his hyung's. They all waited for him to speak while he was bewildered on how to escape. Chanyeol, on the other hand, did not wait furthermore. Having no interest in their topic, he got ready to exit the room.

 

"No way! Did Seri dump you?", Yifan figures from his actions, stopping Chanyeol.

 

There was no reply from him. Only the cold stare from his eyes were to be seen. Without further explanation, Chanyeol left the room leaving the board dumbfounded.

 

"Ah! No. I wonder what happened.", Minseok spoke to the younger ones.

"Everything should be fine." Concern was in Junmyeon's tone though he hoped positively.

 

Everyone knew of his plans. The moment he asked to drop them to that bus stop off to their hometown while everyone else went back to the city. The confession, flowers, cards, date nights, all the efforts he had been giving her. He had their full support and cheers. Naturally, they were concerned of how it all turned out when they thought things were doing well between them.

 

 

**

 

With boiling pots on the stove, Seri became busy in the kitchen. The counters messy as she prepared and mixed all the ingredients together that evening.

 

Chanyeol called to have dinner together after office hours. She suggested to cook for them which he didn't turn down. After a day or two without seeing each other due to their own schedules, it was her way of making up to him, especially after that awkward 'emergency meeting' they had.

 

She couldn't take his face off her mind after that encounter. What made things more burdensome is not being able to be with him after that. He had to go out of town for a conference. During those three days there was nothing she could say or do to lift his spirits. But he's finally coming home tonight. With her cooking, she hopes it'll make way to mend the situation.

 

Ding Dong

 

She gasps at the sound of the doorbell. With a quick fix on her cream colored dress and her rich hair, Seri came to answer the door.

 

His tall, striking figure and the handsome face she missed smiles to him. She naturally responds sweetly not knowing how her eyes glimmered at the sight of him.

 

In a split second she threw herself within his arms. Chanyeol was surprised but happily embraced her tightly. He didn't even get the chance to step inside her house yet.

 

"Looks like someone missed me.", he chuckled.

 

She laughed admitingly before pulling him inside.

 

The alluring scent of homemade meals made his stomach growl in anticipation. What made it more special was the fact that it was her cooking he's coming home to.

 

"Woah! What exactly did you cook?"

 

"That's a secret. Wait here."

 

She rushed to the kitchen where the dishes were while he took a seat and waited at the table. Side dishes were readily prepared for them, making it harder to wait. She then quickly returned with a hot bowl of seafood soup, a nicely plated beef dish and some barbecued chicken wings.

 

"Woah! You made all this?"

 

"Eo."

 

His eyes scanned the table widely. Seri observed his reaction waiting for what he'd say next.

 

"Why did you cook this much? It feels like more people would come?"

 

She started to feel bad. Did he not like what she cooked? She felt that Chanyeol was not so impressed. Anxiously, she bit her lip and tried to figure out how to make their dinner better.

 

The small pout on her face was witnessed through. He panicked knowing he made her upset.

 

"Well then, I guess we just have to finish it all.", he smirked.

 

Spoon after spoon, Chanyeol devoured the food. Every single plate was given his attention. Seri couldn't hold the smile as she watched him enjoying his meal.

 

The plentiful dinner accompanied by small chitchats ended with a satisfied burp from Chanyeol. They both chuckle as she cleaned the table. He too helped with the dishes despite her constant shoo-ing. After leaving the kitchen spotless, they both retreated to the living area with a sigh.

 

"Don't you want to go home yet?", she asks seeing the time.

 

"You're just going to send me off like that?", he pouted.

 

"Well.. you should rest."

 

A smirk drew on his face as he looked at her. Slowly he laid his head on her lap, making himself comfortable on the sofa. He smiled at her surprised reaction before closing his eyes- relaxed.

 

The tingling feeling in her stomach reflects on her blushing cheeks. She watched his calm state with his eyes closed and breathing fair. Carefully, her fingers started to brush on his silky hair. She admired his features closely after the long wait of wanting to see him.

 

Chanyeol felt her soft tips touching his eyebrows before going to the bridge of his nose and down. The other putting a spell on his hair, making it hard to resist the increasing sleepiness.

 

"I need to tell you something.", her sweet voice sings to his ear. He hums in response, waiting for her words.

 

"May be it is a little too late already. But I still want to say it."

 

"About that meeting.."

 

"I know it surprised you when I said I wasn't preparing anything for Valentine's. You didn't really like it did you?"

 

She sighed.

 

"It's not that you're not special enough to make me prepare. It's just... I'm not really sure what to prepare."

 

"Sorry if that made you feel bad."

 

There was nothing else she could say and only waited for him to speak. The silence he gave made her jitter.

 

"Chanyeol?" His half opened eyes and the stable state of his breathing responds to her. Right then she knew..

 

He's asleep.

 

A small smile painted on her face as she listened to his steady breaths. The long trip must have been tiresome and yet he came straight to her.

 

"Thank you.", she said pinching his nose lightly. She saw his face crunch a bit in annoyance, making her giggle.

 

Her heart flutters at the moment. Slowly she leaned near, caressing his cheeks before whispering the words.

 

"I love you."

 

**

 

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Where are you?"

 

"At home. It's my day off remember?"

 

"You going to the supermarket yet?"

 

"Still getting ready. I'm not done listing. Why?"

 

"Good. I'll be there in five."

 

Seri didn't get the chance to speak back when Chanyeol ended the call. She was surprised to hear that he was coming over suddenly.

 

True to his words, Chanyeol did arrive within five minutes. He waited for her to finish the list before driving them off to the grocery.

 

Side by side they walked along the organized shelves of each aisle. Seri cleverly picked all the items on her list while Chanyeol pushed the cart for her. He was silently following while she did her business which made her wary.

 

"You didn't have to come."

 

"Wae? You don't want me here?"

 

"But aren't you busy?"

 

"It's my day off too."

 

"Since when do you get a day off?", she giggled.

 

He didn't speak more but rather smiles to her. His eyes roamed the signs on each aisle while they walked.

 

"Is there anything you need?"

 

"Ani."

 

"Are you sure? I got everything I need."

 

"Are you sure?", he copies with a tone.

 

She turned confused with his question. It made her double check the list on her hand while he smirked. 

 

"You're not forgetting anything?", he mocks. While she mumbled every item on her list, Chanyeol slowly crept past her. Seri followed him with a stare and was surprised when he made a turn.

 

Baking- Valentine's Special. The sign said. She giggled to herself, guessing on what he's up to.

 

The whole lane displayed everything a girl would need to prepare. From the different kinds of chocolates and decorations down to boxes of each sizes and shapes.

 

During the course of their grocery date, Chanyeol kept track of the things she's buying. And the chocolates were definitely missing. If she still wouldn't get the clue then he's buying the whole lane. He told himself.

 

"So is there anything you forgot or should we pay for these now?", he innocently asked.

 

Seri saw the fixed smirk on his face and the mischievous glimmer in his eyes. She couldn't help but find him cute at the silliness he's showing.

 

"Hhmm... I'm pretty sure I got everything.", she teased.

 

His expression turned to a glare. Though she knew he's playing along with her teasing, his real feelings were also evident. Seri realized the greater reason behind him coming along. He wanted to make sure she'd buy the ingredients needed to make chocolates. It was his way of asking her.

 

A pinch in her chest turned her worried. Has her words affected him so much that he resulted in this action? It wasn't what she wanted him to think nor feel.

 

She stepped near him, smiling lightly. Her hands placed on both his cheeks before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter