XXXIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed and like what Chanyeol had said, he became very busy. The amount of work needed to be done ate up most of his time. They weren't able to see each other since the day of the graduation.

 

Seri's sister, together with her family, came back to their hometown the day after graduation. Seri promised to visit them after a week, giving her and Chanyeol more time for preparation with their 'script'. They agreed to tell her parents about the 'engagement' when they come visit. It wasn't supposed to be this early however, halmeoni wanted Seri and Chanyeol to announce their engagement soon. Seri knew news would spread about them and she didn't want her parents to be the last ones to know. She wanted to tell them first and personally even if it was just for pretend.

 

"Waiting for someone?"

 

Seri looked up to see Sehun smiling at her leaning on the chair across her.

 

"Hey. What are you doing here?" She gladly asked.

 

"I'm meeting with a friend here. You?"

 

Seri decided to spend that afternoon at Choco Bank. She craved for the sweets this cafe offers.

 

"Oh I'm just eating. Why don't you take a seat while your friend's not here yet."

 

"Aren't you waiting for someone though?"

 

"No. I came alone today."

 

"Ahh why is that? Where's..." He hesitantly asked as he took the seat opposite her.

 

"Where's what?"

 

"Chanyeol."

 

"Ohh he's in the office. He's kind of busy."

 

"Hhmm.. The ring Seri?" Sehun didn't waste anymore time in asking her. He also saw the ring she was wearing last graduation, the same ring she is wearing now. He had been meaning to ask her since that time.

 

Seri was caught off guard with his question and she was starting to feel nervous with Sehun's stare. This was such the wrong time, she thought. She wasn't confident enough to face all his questions without Chanyeol by her side. But she also knew that there was no turning back. She can't deny Chanyeol now.

 

"This ring?", she raised her hand.

 

"Is that an engagement ring?"

 

Seri noded smiling at him.

 

"With Chanyeol?"

 

"Uhh yes."

 

"Isn't this too fast Seri? You never even told us you were dating already and now you're engaged."

 

"It is very fast and it's kind off complicated but it happened.. and we're getting married."

 

"Why?"

 

"What do you mean why?"

 

"Seri why are you engaged?"

 

If I tell him about halmeoni's wish, would he be convinced? Besides it's Chanyeol's family's problem it wouldn't be right to tell him without his consent.

 

"His grandmother wants us to get married soon."

 

"Why?"

 

"She has her reasons. I don't really mind."

 

"Seri you're not thinking straight. You don't mind?" Sehun was starting to lose his patience. He simply thought of it ridiculous.

 

"Getting married is a serious thing you know that."

 

"Sehun it's very hard to understand I know. But I won't change my mind. We're serious about this."

 

"In marrying him? You barely know him."

 

"I know him well enough that I have my heart set in being with him. And you know, I really want you two to get along." she told him in a calm tone.

 

"I'm not so sure about that."

 

Seri sighed feeling upset. She gave Sehun a pout looking through his eyes. Sehun gazed somewhere else avoiding her stare.

 

"You know he also likes playing video games."

 

"Every guy does Seri."

 

"Then maybe you could start with that."

She reached for both his hands making him turn his attention to her.

 

"Please."

 

"Seri if you were just in a relationship then, may be.. may be it wouldn't be that hard. But I can't trust him."

 

"But you trust me right?"

 

"I don't know. I feel like you're being blinded by how you feel for him that you're just doing whatever you feel like doing without thinking."

 

She removed her hold from him feeling a stab on her heart hearing what he had said. Was it really possible that she's just letting her feelings take control of her? She lowered her head biting her inner cheek from anxiousness.

 

"This isn't you Seri. Think again."

 

"I love him. It's not something I need to think of."

 

What she had said came as a wake up call for Sehun. He was unable to respond sitting back, clenching his fists on the table.

 

"I have to get going now. Excuse me."

 

Seri stood up then left Sehun without another word. He had tried to stop her however she didn't bother looking back at him as she continued to head out the cafe.

 

**

 

Seri sat facing her balcony that evening thinking of the conversation she had with Sehun.

 

She felt upset with the outcome of their talk. He said those words out of his concern, she knew that. But Seri can't keep the thought out of her mind. The thought of the possibility that she's letting what she feels for Chanyeol over power her mind.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

She checked her phone as it rang seeing Chanyeol's name on the caller ID.

 

"Hello?"

 

"You okay?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You sound different."

 

"Hhmm.."

 

"Miss me?"

 

Seri couldn't help a giggle from his confident question. He may not know what was going on but he never fails to make her smile.

 

"No. I don't miss you. It's just late. I'm sleepy."

 

"Were you asleep? But your light's still open."

 

"How'd you know?"

 

"Never mind. You don't miss me anyways. I'll just go home now.", he trying to sound upset.

 

"Are you here?"

 

Seri suddenly felt a rush of excitement in her. And because of that feeling, she missed a step as she stood from her chair making her fall on the floor. A loud stomp coming after. 

 

"Agh!" Chanyeol was shocked to hear her suddenly screaming through the other line followed by a powerful sound of something dropping.

 

"Yah! What was that? Are you okay?", he asked in panic.

 

She dropped her phone away of her reach. She can hear Chanyeol calling for her not just from the phone but he was also knocking heavily on her door.

 

"Seri?"

 

"Seri?!"

 

Seri slowly stood up reaching for her phone. Chanyeol asked her to give him the code so she could open the door himself. The minute the door opened, he went inside to see Seri sitting on the floor massaging her ankle. He quickly approached to check on her.

 

"What happened to you?"

 

"I fell."

 

"How? Wait. Come here."

 

Chanyeol helped her stand on her feet leaning on to him as she limped to the sofa. He then went to the kitchen to gather some ice for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter