LXVII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sky grew darker in the forest with the moon refusing to show itself. Strong winds howled the night nonstop, bending the tree branches. Seri anxiously watched from inside as the storm poured harshly.

 

"Aish. This can't be happening." Baekhyun expresses his frustration while he approached the window to get a better look outside. Minseok and Suho followed to see the status for themselves before heading back to the group.

 

"It doesn't look so good." Minseok spoke.

 

"Let's just call it a night then. The weather should be fine tomorrow." The calm Junmyeon speaks, urging everyone to get by their rooms and rest.

 

Everyone seemed to agree with Suho. However, Baekhyun's lively mood refuses to be bent by the storm. He choose to stay in the living room, bringing out drinks for everyone along with Chen and Kai who were in the same page as him. Kris and Tao join in the fun, opening bottle after bottle.

 

"Don't you want to stay with them?" Seri asks when Chanyeol signals to get back the room.

 

Chanyeol pauses to look back but didn't had a thought of staying. He felt tired from the long ride there and just wanted to have a good sleep.

 

"Just stay here and chat with your friends.", she pushes him back before rushing upstairs. Chanyeol was left confused at her actions while he watched her walk away.

 

"May be she wants to prepare." Mari spoke, witnessing what happened.

 

"Prepare what?"

 

"Well, you know.. shower and girl stuff before going to sleep. It would be a little awkward to have you there while she does her thing."

 

"Just stay here a while before coming back up.", she suggests before climbing the stairs herself.

 

It was only then that Chanyeol understood. He took Mari's words and sat with his friends while waiting for Seri to finish her deeds.

 

Fifteen minutes. Twenty minutes. Thirty minutes.

 

Time passes and still Chanyeol was in the living room, holding a can of beer in his large hands. His friends lively chatting and laughing to their own jokes, ignoring the storm. As much as he enjoys his friends' company, he couldn't help but ask himself if Seri would be done with her tasks by now. He didn't want to walk in there while she was in the midst of doing her 'girl stuff'.

 

"Yah! What are you?!"

 

He was startled to hear Yifan suddenly shouting to him. His jumpy reaction earned snickers from the others who were watching him as well.

 

"What are you thinking?"

 

"Nothing.", he shortly answered.

 

"Psh. What else could he be thinking?", Kai mumbles, looking a bit intoxicated by the alcohol already.

 

"Oh yes of course. What a dumb question to ask."

 

"You and Seri are sharing a room right?" Chanyeol receives wiggling eyebrows from his friends, smirking at him widely.

 

"Yah! I know what you're thinking. Stop it."

 

"Eii.. we're not even saying anything." Baekhyun denies, sarcastically.

 

"Yah! Shut it."

 

" Hey. Don't act so innocent about it. You were once fiance's what's so wrong about it?!"

 

"Hyung, that's not right. We don't know if she's seeing someone else." Chen contradicts Yifan who kept on pushing Chanyeol.

 

"Would Seri agree to go here if she was? And besides if she's with someone she wouldn't be fine sharing a room with him."

 

"Yeah. He's right. This is your chance. Make sure she feels all your love tonight eh?!", Baekhyun gestures for a toast, signaling Chanyeol to bump his can into his.

 

"During a cold weather like this, it's the best way to keep her warm."

 

"Eii jinjja!!" Chanyeol was frustrated with their dirty minds and talking he just had to leave them be.

 

"Oh, what's that?" Xiumin questions as the lights suddenly went off before turning back on after a few seconds. Everyone pauses, scanning the room with their eyes.

 

"Must be the storm."

 

Chanyeol didn't waste another second with them as he quickly head to where Seri would be, their shared room. He remembers her being scared of the dark. Knowing she was alone, if a brownout suddenly rises she might panic and who knows what would happen. These thoughts ran in his head while he sprinted to the room.

 

"Agh!", Seri shrieked when the door unexpectedly opens for her. She was about to head out the room when Chanyeol showed himself inside in a dash.

 

"Are you okay?", he worriedly asked. She was still startled with his appearance but was able to give him a light nod in response. Her heart beat fast in both surprise and fear at the impending brownout.

 

She was actually about to go out to him, fearful that the lights would go off again. Relief came to her after realizing he had come back and she wouldn't be left alone just in case it happens.

 

"The storm seems pretty bad.. did you shower?", his words were cut off with confusion, seeing her semi wet hair.

 

"Eo."

 

"It's snowing and there's a storm outside."

 

"I can't sleep without getting one."

 

"Ahh.. arraseo.", he didn't speak more before walking to the sofa to rest his head. The sudden rush of movements made him feel dizzy as the alcohol slowly mixed with his fluids.

 

Seri observes form where she stood. Chanyeol laid his head and back on the sofa. His limbs lazily draped beside him with his eyes looking heavy. The look in his face gave her a hint of what he felt. She was sure they were drinking downstairs. Not that she minds but she could also see that he was tired and sleepy already.

 

"Aren't you going to clean up?"

 

"Hhm?", he only hums his question.

 

"You can't just sleep like that. Go and wash up at least."

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes halfway to see Seri's serious face looking back at him. Did she really mean those words? He studied her expression and yes; there was not a sign of insincerity in her.

 

With a heavy body, he stood to take a shower and follow her demands. He didn't know why he did so but he had a feeling she wouldn't loose to an argument so easily right now. His head was starting to feel heavy, he just had to avoid a debate and follow her.

 

It was a quick but refreshing shower, Chanyeol admits. The warm water somehow washed the drained feeling away and re-energized him somehow. With his long sweater on, Chaneyol steps outside the bathroom, ready for a good slumber.

 

The heavy winds of the storm made whistles outside. Chanyeol sees Seri sitting on the bed with her phone in her hand. She had the sheets covering her legs for warmth. There was a sense of worry in her expression as she watched the tree branches swaying outside.

 

"It should be gone by the morning.", he calmly spoke, hoping it'll relax her. He closed the curtains so she wouldn't be bothered by the view no more.

 

"Huh?"

 

What the?

 

All the lights switched off in a blink. The power was shut down due to the strong winds brought by the storm.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

Her soft yet trembling voice wakes him out his thinking. Slowly, he made his way to her, remembering where the bed was located so he could reach her. Seri fidgets in her spot while her heart pounded in the darkness.

 

"Eo. Stay where you are." The room was completely black with only his memory to rely on. His hand then brushed to her hair, surprising Seri with the contact.

 

"Sorry.", he quickly apologizes, taking a step back after realizing he startled her. Seri, however, took his hand, pulling him close. Chanyeol felt her cold fingers, sensing her uneasiness in the dark.

 

"Where is your phone?", he asked while taking a sit on the bed beside her legs. Though in the dark, they sat facing each other, Seri having a firm hold on his hands.

 

"I don't know."

 

"Weren't you holding it just now?"

 

"Yeah but.."

 

Chanyeol begins to tap on the bed, searching for her phone. His other hand was trapped within Seri's hold as he did.

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

They were both startled to hear a knock at the door while they were still alone in the dark room.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Chanyeol-ah open the door." Minseok's voice speaks on the other end.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter