LIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The small chatters of people were drifting into the atmosphere as the conference took a short break. Waiters strolled the hall bearing champagnes to offer the guests while Sehun and Kai weaved their way into the crowd, looking for any sign of Seri around.

 

 

 

"Are you sure it's her you saw?", Sehun asked, sighting the area for the dainty girl.

 

 

 

"Were you really not listening? I even asked her to go with us for dinner later."

 

 

 

"Aish! Wait. The buffet table."

 

 

 

"Eii. How can you think of eating at a time like this? Their table is right by the stage.", Kai irritatingly slapped the younger one from behind.

 

 

 

"Yah! Didn't we just go there?"

 

 

 

"Eo."

 

 

 

"And did you see her?"

 

 

 

"No."

 

 

 

"That's why we're going to the buffet table!", Sehun said with his palm hitting Kai's shoulder.

 

 

 

The two fine men in suits continued to blabber as they headed near the table where they hoped she was. It wasn't easy for them to go around when there would be a number of people walking towards them for a quick greet. Unfortunately for them, Sehun and Kai would only be giving humorless smiles before swooping off.

 

 

 

"Sehun-ah!", Kai suddenly grabs him by the arm, stopping Sehun from his tracks.

 

 

 

With his gunmetal eyes, Sehun looked back ready to hit Kai for forcefully pulling him. Kai was only able to block it by another strong hold on his shoulders, turning him to what he saw. Seri.

 

 

 

Even when her hair was only tied up, she still looked so beautiful with her simple pink dress under that long blazer. However, her pretty face painted a different expression.

 

 

 

Sehun followed her eyes to check just what had shocked her. And there he also saw, Chanyeol; talking with several other businessmen. But what had probably surprised her more was seeing him with another girl. Sehun just knew it wouldn't be an easy situation having the two of them in one place. Even Kai felt the tension growing.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

The image kept its place in Seri's mind no matter how many times she shook her head. Whenever she closed her eyes, she felt herself to be stuck in the same scenario. Her heart beat in a breaking speed as her body trembled in complete shock.

 

 

 

Haru and Sarang followed Seri as quick as they could to the women's restroom. There they saw her, palms on both sides of her head while her body quiver. Her breathing hitched with her now pale face.

 

 

 

"Seri are you okay?", Haru comes in and held her shoulders, startling Seri. She looks back at the two girls with wide eyes, speechless.

 

 

 

"What happened?", Sarang naively asked.

 

 

 

Unlike Haru, who have known of Chanyeol and Seri's relationship, Sarang was completely oblivious to the story. Being the newest member of their team, she was very much unaware of the past.

 

 

 

Seeing Sarang's lost reaction, Seri cleared as she tried to breathe in. She hoped to not alarm her when they were in such a huge event.

 

 

 

"Uhm.. I'm fine. Just give me five minutes.", she said before entering a cubicle, leaving the two girls to wait by the mirrors.

 

 

 

Okay Seri pull yourself together. This isn't the time for this. Please. Please.

 

 

 

For a short while, she whispered prayers for strength. That she could be strong enough to face everyone after the most unexpected sight she had for the past months. As she tried to normalize her breathing, Seri thought of ways to keep her calm. 'Be in you happy place' is what they say. And so she thought exactly that. Flowers, chocolates, muffins, puppies, everything she could get just to erase the picture. When she felt ready, Seri carefully walked out the toilet room to face the expecting audience.

 

 

 

"Seri?"

 

 

 

A man's voice calls for her once she stepped out of the comfort room. Haru and Sarang also turns to the direction of the man, checking who it was.

 

 

 

"Sehun?", she softly spoke.

 

 

 

"Hey. Ah....", the tall man hesitantly approached. 

 

 

 

Worry was written in Sehun's face as he walked closer to his best friend. He knew she saw him. The whole situation isn't healthy for neither of them however, there was nothing he could do.

 

 

 

"Hi.", Seri greets him with a genuine smile.

 

 

 

Her sweet gesture could only make her best friend smile back before placing her into his arms.

 

 

 

Seri freely returned the hug tightly. With her thin figure, Sehun could easily feel her fast heartbeat. It then hit him.

 

It was false to believe he couldn't do anything for them, specially for her. He could be here for her like he always is.

 

 

 

"Ready for your speech?", he asked breaking the hug to face her.

 

 

 

An unsure smile formed on her this time as she bit the side of her lips lightly. Through her very expression, Sehun could see the answer.

 

 

 

"Hey. Relax. You'll do great. I'm sure."

 

 

 

"There's so many people inside."

 

 

 

"And they will all be amazed of you. Just breathe Seri."

 

 

 

Seri takes in a deep inhale, bringing her hands together. Sehun saw how her fingers tremble with her eyes shut. He knew she was trying her best to calm herself. However, having to deal with Chanyeol wasn't helping her. If she sees him again, it might be too hard for her to continue.

 

 

 

"Hey. I'll be standing by the buffet table. Just keep your eyes on me."

 

 

 

All the anxiousness Seri could feel was slowly drawing away with Sehun's words. He looked at her directly, squeezing her shoulders for comfort.

 

 

 

For the long eight months that they were apart, only Sehun had contact with both of them. He knew what had happened to their lives seperately. Though he never interfered with them. With all the knowledge in him, he realized the complication it'll gain when they finally see each other. It was worse that it had to happen in such a big conference. But all he could do now is to make sure that Seri will be able to deliver her speech worry free.

 

 

 

"Let's go?", he pulled with a smile.

 

 

 

Seri smiles back with a nod, feeling comfort through him.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

The emcee announces the resume of the program, asking everyone to get back to their respective places. Chanyeol, however, glances back and forth looking for the two other man he shared the table with.

 

 

 

Where did those two ran off this time?, he asked himself.

 

 

 

"Is everything okay?", the lady beside him asks, noticing his behavior.

 

 

 

Chanyeol only shakes his head lightly before bringing his attention back on the stage, waiting for the program to start.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Seri grips on her baby pink dress, gathering all the energy she could get. All the people started to settle down short

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter