XXIV.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol dropped Seri to her apartment so she could get ready for school. They agreed to meet after class to continue working on their topic. She waves at him before entering the building. His dimples showing as he drives off to his place.


Chanyeol arrives home and started to get ready himself. He couldn't help but think of what happened with Seri since yesterday. She had brought something different to Chanyeol. Something that is starting to bring confusion to him.


"Seo Seri.."

 

**

 

"So how was your date?", Jiyah asked as soon as she saw Seri arrive.

 

"Huh?"


"Don't deny it. Mari told me everything."


The scene from last night's encounter with Sehun and Mari replayed in her head making Seri blush. She didn't expect for Chanyeol to say all those things to Mari. It was unlikely of him to start a conversation like that.

 

But he did say 'we will' when Mari told us to enjoy our date. No Seri. Stop.

"It wasn't a date."  

"Then why are you blushing?"


"What? I am not. We were working on our project."

 

"Okay fine.", Jiyah rolls her eyes.


"It's true."

 

Seri and Jiyah continued to walk heading towards their building. Both would giggle with Jiyah's story about how her project went on with Daehan. However, they stopped when they saw Mari and Sehun get off Sehun's car from the parking lot. Mari sees her friends and waves at them.


"Wow. Bestfriends."


"What?", Seri questions her with a small laugh.


"Tell me you're not thinking what I'm thinking?", she raised her eyebrow.


Jiyah draggs Seri to greet them.


"Aww I wish I have a bestfriend like Sehun too.", she hisses when they got near to where Mari and Sehun are.


"What are you talking about? We are friends.", Sehun rebuts.
 

"You don't drive me to school or at home?"

 

"Jiyah." Seri pushes her shoulders lightly.
 

"Ignore her.", she tells them.

 

"Come with me to the clinic." Seri hooks her arm with Jiyah's.


"Why?"


"My tummy hurts."

 

Before Seri and Jiyah had a chance to walk away, another car caught their attention which parked infront of Sehun's.


"Ohhh nice car.", Jiyah points.

 

Sehun scoffed knowing who own's it.

 

"Let's go.", he tells the girls.

 

"One sec, I want to see who drives it. May be he's cute."


Seri looks away knowing very well its Chanyeol's.

 

"I need to see the nurse now.", she tries to convince Jiyah.

 

Sehun goes behind Jiyah and pushed her to walk forward. She fights his attempts, making Mari laugh with their mini wrestle match.

 

"Come on Jiyah." Seri pulls her.

 

"Here he comes.", Mari announces.

The three of them stopped and looked over the vehicle. Chanyeol slowly opens his car door to step out. He stands and closes the door before he fixes his clothes.


Seri stares at him from head to toe. A simple white shirt topped with a jacket, jeans and rubber shoes was all he's wearing but it was enough to take all the girls' attention. He looked like the main leading man from a drama or a movie. Chanyeol was moving in slow motion through Seri's eyes.

 

How does he keep on looking this good?

 

"Wow!" Jiyah expresses.

 

"Good morning Chanyeol!"

 

What the hell Mari? Why would you call him?, Seri glared at Mari who shouted to greet Chanyeol.


Chanyeol heard her. He smirked when he saw Seri staring at him from a distance.

 

"Oh my god! Did you see that smirk? He ing smirked at you?! ! He's coming.", Jiyah panicked.

 

Sehun flicked his tongue getting irritated.

 

"Good morning!", Chanyeol happily greeted.

 

"Hey! How are you?", Mari asks.

 

"I'm good. Nice to see you again."

 

Nice to see you again? Did he just tell Mari that?! What is going on here?

 

"Wow! You're close already?", Jiyah interrupts.

 

"Oh this is Jiyah. She's our friend too."


"Ah hello Jiyah, Park Chanyeol.", he extends his hand waiting for a hand shake.

 

"Hi.", she takes his hand with shy smile.


Jiyah?

 

Sehun rolled his eyes with Jiyah's sudden change of attitude. He fakes a cough to catch their attention.

 

"Hey", Chanyeol turns to Sehun.


He ignores him. Chanyeol evily smiles with how annoyed Sehun looked.

 

"Are you guys heading to the room now?"


"Yeah but Seri says she'd stop by the clinic first.", Jiyah answers him.


"Why?", he looks at Seri worried.


"Uhh..", she met his eyes but immediately looked away.


"She says her stomach hurts.", Mari answers for her.


"Your stomach hurts?", Chanyeol tries to catch her eye.

 

She nodds still looking away.


"Aish. That's 'cause you ate too much and for too fast this morning."

 

"Woah!!", Jiyah exclaims.

 

"It's not that bad."

 

"Ehh? I told you to be careful."

 

"You told me to hurry up."

 

"Wait a minute here. You ate together, this morning?", Jiyah tries to confirm.

 

Seri couldn't answer her. She didn't want them to misunderstand the situation.


"It's a long story."


"It's just a yes or no question Seri.", Sehun interrogates.

 

"Yes, we had breakfast together. Come Seri, I'll go with you to the clinic." Chanyeol takes Seri's hand and draggs her out the scene.

 

"Hey!", Sehun steps in to stop them but Jiyah trips him so he won't interrupt.


"Oops!"

 

**

 

"Wait. Stop.", Seri managed to free herself from his grip.

 

"It doesn't really hurt."


"What?"

 

She paused before answering,
 

"I just faked it."

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen hearing her answer.

 

"Why?"


"Because Jiyah, she keeps on teasing Sehun so I asked her to go with me. That's why.."

 

Chanyeol didn't wait for her to finish. He turned around and started to walk away.

 

She fakes a stomach ache so she could save Sehun from getting teased? What the is that?


Huh?
"Wait."

 

Seri kept up with him. Chanyeol had suddenly stopped talking to her. She tried to conversate with him , however, he kept his mouth sealed. They continued to walk in silence to their classroom.


Chanyeol sits at the end of the room again while Seri sits beside her friends.


Why the mood swing?


**


Chanyeol worked on their project in the library that afternoon. He wanted to finish early so he could go and visit his grandmother soon.

 

"I thought we'd work at the ice cream shop?", Seri asks when she found Chanyeol in the library.


He didn't pay attention to what she was saying. Chanyeol continued to work on his own.


"You should have atleast told me you're here.", she sits infront him.

 

"Hey?"


"Chanyeol?"


"I'm done with this part. I'll work on the next one tomorrow.", he stands up and gets ready to leave.

 

"What? Wait.", she follows him outside.


"What's wrong?", Seri runs infront of him to block his way.

 

He ignores her. Chanyeol walks the other way to avoid Seri.


"Chanyeol?"

 

"Are you mad at me?"

 

Chanyeol stops. He thought hard of how to speak with her.


Please Subscribe to read the full chapter