XXXVI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dad have always wanted to have a son although my parents weren't able to have one. So when Soo Hyun came in, they got really close. But he was very cold to him at first. If dad treats you the same, just be patient to him. Try to talk to him more."

   

Seri oriented Chanyeol with their family background as he drives them to their first destination.

   

"Okay got it."

   

"I think my mom likes you but I'm still unsure of how she'd react with the engagement. She also knows that you paid for dad's hospital expenses so... she still wants to pay you back. If dad finds out, ohhh I don't know. I don't know what we'd tell them."

   

"Hhmm.. I expect for the worst. But it should be fine."

   

"How are you so calm?"

   

"What good would it bring if we just panic?"

   

"That's very positive of you."

   

"I like to look at the good side of things."

   

Seri's eyes widen from what he said. She shifted her eyes on him staring. He was driving calmly, eyes on the road his fingers were even tapping on the stirring wheel. But Seri couldn't help not to stare. It wasn't just becuase of his looks, it was his words. She remembered the words he said earlier. The same words he used the first time they met.

 

I like to look at the good side of things.

   

"Baby you're staring.", he caught her giving a quick glance at Seri with a smirk on his face.

   

Seri kept her sweet smile at him even when she gave her attention back on the road.

 

He's slowly coming back., she thought.

   

Chanyeol saw her actions. He was confused to the reason why she seemed so happy but he also found it cute. He swiftly brought to kiss her hand then returned it to her lap before placing his back on the wheel.

   

They kept on talking with their plan through their journey. Seri was very nervous unlike Chanyeol who was calm. The truth is, he didn't worry of her parents at the moment. He was rather excited about his plans for the two of them tonight. 

  **  

Seri was in awe looking at the huge house Chanyeol brought her to. No. It wasn't a house. It was a mansion.

   

"It's our ancestral house." he informed her.

   

"Mr. Park, how was your drive? Your room is ready like what you've said."

   

"Thank you. This is Seo Seri. She's my fiance. Seri this is Jae Won. He takes care of the place."

   

"Nice to meet you."

   

They both greeted then he instructs several helpers to take the bags in for them.

   

The Park's residence is big. It was a mansion surrounded by trees over viewing the province. The interior and ambiance spell luxury but the surroundings and the feeling  it gives was very peaceful.

   

Jae Won led them to Chanyeol's room. Several house helpers greeting them on the way. Seri bowed her head being the bashful girl she is. Chanyeol brushed their fingers together pulling her mush closer to his side, making her feel secured.

   

"Rest first. We'll leave later." Chanyeol told her when they got inside his bed room.

   

Seri walked around taking in every detail inside. His bed was huge, a sofa at the end of it. The windows were big too. There's a bathroom and walk-in closet inside.  She smiled when she saw his car toys displayed neatly on a cabinet which exhibits the little boy he once was.

   

"What's this?", she asks noticing a wide miniature model of what would seem like an amusement park placed inside a glass box.

   

Chanyeol's eyes glimmer with a wide smile on his face seeing what Seri became curious about. He walked towards her while she inspected the whole thing.

   

"Harabeoji and I made this. It's a mini amusememt park." Chanyeol reached for the switch and at the moment he turned it on, the tiny lights decorated around it twinkled.

   

"Oh this is so pretty."

   

"Harabeoji likes making stuff like this. He also designed the model for this house."

   

"Really? Wow!"

   

"This was supposed to be his next project. But he got very ill."

   

Seri saw how dishearted Chanyeol became after he talked about his grand father. She, herself, felt it too.

   

"Then you should do it.", she smiled linking their arms together.

   

Her smile was always contagious to Chanyeol. He looked at her feeling lighten up.

   

"That was my plan. Originally, this was supposed to be my first project."

   

Seri peered at him with tilting head jumbled from his words. Chanyeol chuckled watching her cute reaction.

   

"We're having problems with the mall remember? It's best to fix that first."

   

"Ahh so after the mall you can start the amusement park?"

   

"Not really. We have to monitor everything, including the other businesses overseas. The company spent a lot on the mall. We'll need to get that back."

   

"May be in a few years time."

   

"Years?!"

   

"I'll make sure this happens though. And when it does, I'm going to make you ride the roller coaster." He teased wearing a grin on his face.

   

"Okay! I promise to never ride a roller coaster until the Channie Amusement Park opens." She vowed raising her right hand in front of the toy model.

   

"Channie Amusement Park?"

   

She laughed knowing he wasn't very pleased with the name.

   

"Why does it have a name already?"

   

"No. Not yet."

   

"Then I'm going to call it that until you got a name for it."

   

She leaned on her knees leveling her eyes on the model observing it more.

   

It's full of all the different rides and attractions a theme park would possess. A fairy's wheel, carrousel, roller coaster and small stores complete with mini people placed around. Chanyeol watched Seri focus her sparkling eyes on his and his harabeoji's last work together. This meant a lot to him and seeing how she appreciated it, make him fall for her more.

   

Knock Knock Knock

   

"Excuse me, Mr. Park. Lunch is served."

   

Jae Won informed them on the other side of the door.

   

They head out together to eat. Seri kept on asking him about his grandfather which Chanyeol didn't really mind. He told her the stories and memories he has with him. Stories he never had told anybody else.

  **  

"I need to check on something. We'll leave tonight so make sure to rest." Chanyeol said as he walked towards the door.

   

What would he need to check now? He said he has no work to do. A sense of disappointment started to fill her.

"Where are we going?"

   

"You'll know later."

   

They stopped at the exit while Chanyeol gave a few more instructions to Jae Won, some in which, Seri did not understand. The Park's house is really big, which also means the great amount of work needed around the house and Chanyeol is very hands on with it.

   

"Baby?"

   

Seri snapped out when he called for her.

   

"I'll get going now. Jae Won will assist you with whatever you'll need."

  "Take care.", she told him with a small smile.  

She wanted to stop him. However, she knew the load of his work and his responsibilities.

   

Chanyeol saw her troubled face. He smiled getting the idea. She didn't want him to leave.

   

He smirked facing his cheek to her, using his index finger to give it a gentle tap. It was obvious what he was asking for. Seri saw the reaction of the hosehelpers including Jae Won smiling at them making her blush. She tried glaring at Chanyeol but he only kept his smirk at her.

   

"Baby?", he called again, a little demanding tone he's using now.

   

Seri bit her lip walking close to him. She made her lips touch his cheek for a second before stepping back.

   

That's not even close to a peck.

   

Chanyeol looked at her displeased.

   

"Just go already so you can come back soon.", she pushed him lightly on the shoulders nudging him to leave.

   

"I'll see you later." He kissed her cheek before turning to exit the house.

   

After he left, Seri roamed around the place for a little while. Her favorite place should be the garden. Despite the little flowers it had due to the weather, the thought of how colorful it would look during spring excites her. The house was big but the beauty it held was bigger. Even if she wanted to look around more, she didn't want to step into Chanyeol's family's privacy.

 

Seri stayed at the library of the house doing her own work while she waited for Chanyeol. Hours had passed since he left but Seri was too immersed with what she's doing that she had lost track of the time as well.

   

"Excuse me mam, it's time to get ready.", one of the household helpers told her.

   

"Ready for what?"

   

There was still no sign of Chanyeol. He hasn't called or messaged Seri to inform her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter