XLVI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Aww those two look so cute together." Sungwoo compliments while she watched Chanyeol and Seri prepare before they both leave for work.

Halmeoni was also awake, watching them carefully.

"Bye halmeoni. Rest well. Don't skip your meals and medicine.", Seri reminds as she was almost done preparing. They held each others' hand, smiling at each other.

"Thank you honey. I hope this won't affect your work."

"Don't worry about it halmeoni."

This morning starts off with a smile as Chanyeol watched Seri and halmeoni talk happily before they leave. For him, Seri just brings in the light mood whenever she's around.

"Drive safely okay?", she tells her grandson when she noticed him near.

"Yes halmeoni. I'll see you later okay?", he kissed her forehead before Seri and him left.

Seri also huggs Sungwoo and waves at Jaewon goodbye as they head out. Chanyeol came pretty surprised with how close she became with them.

"You're already close to them?"

"You're the only one I'm not close with."

She casually answers which only made Chanyeol's eyes widen with how she responded. He froze at his spot while Seri walked further.

What was that?

The ride back was silent. Chanyeol felt awkward and puzzled. The feeling coming from her was different. He would glance at her from time to time, observing. She was looking out the window with her phone on her hand. He can't help but wonder why her mood suddenly changed.

"Thank you...", he cleared his throat before talking, hesitation in his voice.

Seri turned to him lightly but she didn't speak.

"For taking care of halmeoni."

She only hums in response, looking out the road again. Seri notices Chanyeol taking a turn on the longer road back. Her eyebrows furrow, curious.

Why not take the short cut?, she asked herself. As she looked back, she remembers Chanyeol never taking the short cut either way. Despite being puzzled, she didn't bother asking. They still had time anyway.

"She was really happy seeing you.", he speaks again breaking the silence.

"I'm really glad to see her too.", she answers shortly.

Silence again filled the air. Chanyeol tried to think about what else to say but what?

"Halmeoni wants to go home soon."

"Huh?"

"Hhmm when the doctor came in yesterday, she asked if she could go home. They didn't let her though. The condition was if halmeoni continues to get better by the end of the week, they'd let her."

"There's also a new kind of medicine she needs to take. We already bought them and the schedule's all done as well. ajumma knows everything."

"Ahh okay then. Thank you."

Damn it Chanyeol., he curses to himself as it became disturbingly quiet between them once more.

"Are you giong back to China?", she asked, breaking the silence.

"Uhh.. I don't want to but I'm still fixing that."

She hums again in response to what he said. As they neared Seri's office, she brought her things together before hopping off.

"Ahh...", he speaks without knowing what exactly he wanted to say.

"Thank you for driving me. Take care.", she quickly said as she got off his car. She didn't bother looking back at him while briskly stepping inside the building.

Chanyeol wasn't able to stop her any longer. He can just watched her walk away from him, heading inside for work. His eyes tightly closed with a loud regretful sigh coming out of his chest.

Aish. This is so annoying.

 

**

 

"What's this?", Chanyeol asked Sungwoo as his eyebrows furrow at the paper placed on halmeoni's bedside table.

"Ahh Seri made it. She scheduled your grandmother's medicine intake. It's even color coded."

Chanyeol smile at the thought of Seri doing the medicine schedule for halmeoni. Questions ran through his mind. He wondered how Seri has been. She was suddenly so cold to him this morning.

He never forgot how he had hurt her and it's only understandable that she's still mad.

Chanyeol sighs, unable to think straight.

 

**

 

Another tiring day at the office ended for Seri. She lays her back on her bed, relaxing her tensed muscles from today's heavy work.

Thoughts of Chanyeol remain in her mind as she hugged her pillow tightly.

How has he been?
Is he on his way to halmeoni?
Has he eaten?
Was he able to fix his schedule?
Will he still leave for China?

All these questions running through her head. She wanted to call him but....

Ring Ring Ring

Seri sat up surprised from her phone's ringing.

Her breathing hasten as she stared at her phone, Chanyeol's name flashed on the screen.

Otteoke?

With a gulp of , she slowly slid her finger on the screen before carefully placing it to her ear, waiting for him.

"Hello?", Chanyeol first greet as soon as Seri answered.

"Wa- why?", she asked in a low tone.

A smile can't help but form on Chanyeol's face hearing her soft voice.

"Were you sleeping?"

"Hhmm no.... but I'm about too."

"Ahh.. Sorry for the trouble then.. I just wanted to thank you."

"How many times am I supposed to tell you that it's okay?"

Seri paused when she realized how she rose her voice on Chanyeol. All the thanking started to frustrate her that she just blurted out. It wasn't what she wanted to hear from him.

"I mean... sorry.. it's.. it's fine. Don't mind it."

Silence shortly came between them. Seri fidgets, not knowing what to say. She might have offended Chanyeol, she thought.

Chanyeol was taken a back with her reaction but he wasn't giving up.

"Are you tired?"

"Huh? No. No. Helping halmeoni is something I would do any time.", she panickly answered.

A short chuckle on the other line passed to Seri. She unintendedly pouted, wondering why.

"I meant, how was your day? Are you tired?"

"Ahh"

"But what you just said meant a lot. Thank you... again."

Seri can imagine how Chanyeol smiled while he said those. Even if she tried to hold back the curve forming on her face, it just can't be helped.

"I saw what you did with halmeoni's medicine schedule. Thank you.", he said, holding the paper on his hand.

"Uhh you're welcome. I thought it would help a lot. With all the meds halmeoni has and the prescription with each one, it's a bit confusing."

"Yeah.. this would really help."

Silence. Why can't any words come to Chanyeol? He wanted to continue talking to her but he can't say anything.

"So, you're back at the hospital? How's halmeoni?"

"Ahhh..", he glanced at halmeoni sleeping soundly on the bed.

"She.. she was looking for you."

"Oh really?"

"Eo. She wants to see you."

Actually, his grandmother was already asleep when he arrived. Guess who really wanted to see Seri?

Seri started to feel bad about it. She wanted to spend more time with halmeoni as well.

"You never said when you'd come back.."

"I do wish I could see her everyday but I'm not allowed to take leaves just yet."

Her words brought an idea to Chanyeol. It was a risk but he'd do it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter