XXVII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days passed and Seri had to study for their final exams which would happen next week. They got several days off to study after their presentation for Mr. Lee's project. She spent those days in her apartment not wanting to have any distractions. Plus it was snowing these days, going out won't be of much fun. She scrapped Chanyeol out of her head. Thinking of him won't help. She needed to focus.


Chanyeol did the same. His focus at the moment was graduation. Halmeoni was getting better each day. He was happy but feared that she would get back to working as soon as the doctors discharge her. He tried to talk to her like Seri had told him to. Halmeoni thankfully agrees although with the construction of the mall getting near to its end, he knew it was crucial and halmeoni would not be able to be stopped once she hears about any problem with it. She is very hands on with the company. That is why he needed to graduate fast, so he could help her manage their bussines.


**
 

Final exams day one, Seri came prepared. She has studied everything on the books and on her notes. All she needed to do now was pass those tests.
 

Seri came early to look for her seat. They were arranged by the professor via random order that was posted outside their room. She has seat number twenty-eight as written on the paper. Seri proceeds to find her place and  makes herself comfortable once she's sitted.
 

The other students started to come in looking for their own seats. She sees Mari and Sehun, they wave at her. Mari had the front row seats while Sehun was at the corner of the room. Jiyah arrives shortly after looking breathless from running. Seri looks around. The room was getting filled with more students. Once the professor steps in, they would start the exams.
 

You can't be late now.
 

Ms. Kuan, their proctor, comes in the room right on time. She signals everyone to get ready for the exams would start soon.
 

Chanyeol where are you?
 

"Ok settle down. I'll be handing the papers now."
 

"Wait.", Seri stands up.
 

"What seems to be the problem Ms. Seo?"
 

"I would like to use the bathroom for a moment."
 

"Okay then. Everyone who wishes to go to the rest room you may do so now. We'll start after."
 

Seri walks out the room trying to buy Chanyeol more time. She walks slowly through the corridors holding her phone to dial his number.
 

She stops from walking not far from the room. Seri places her phone on her ear and waits for Chanyeol to answer the line. 


"Who are you calling?"
 

She hears a familiar voice behind her.


Chanyeol felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He grabs it to see Seri's name on the caller ID.
 

"You."
 

"Why?"
 

"You're late again."
 

"Sorry."
 

"Nevermind. Come on.", it took awhile before she could answer. It has been days since they last saw eachother and she would lie if she wouldn't admit that she had missed him. But it was not a time for it. They have their exams waiting.
 

They walk back to the room together. Chanyeol looks at the posted paper to find his seat number.
 

"Twenty-seven. We're seatmates. Go inside.", Seri interrupts. She walks to her seat with Chanyeol following behind her.
 

"Is everyone here? Okay let's proceed."
 

Final exams went on, one subject at a time. The whole room was filled with silence. Everyone focused in answering their papers.
 

Chanyeol finishes ahead of time. He stands to pass his paper and leave.
 

Done already?

 

The first day for the exams ended shortly leaving all the students drained from thinking.

 

'Don't be late tomorrow okay?'
-Seri

 

Seri sends Chanyeol a message once she arrives home.
 

'I won't.'
- Chanyeol

  He replies.  

Second day came and like Chanyeol had promised, he was not late. In fact, he arrived the earliest among the class. He sits patiently waiting while reading several papers on his desk.
 

"What's that?"
 

Chanyeol gets startled hearing Jiyah's voice. He looks over and sees Seri standing beside her.
 

"Company papers.", he answers casually.
 

"You're really something. Juggling the finals and your company like that."
 

"It's necessary."
 

"All the best."
 

Jiyah leaves Chanyeol and Seri. She proceeds to her seat and chats with their other classmates.
 

"Is everything okay?", Seri asks.
 

"Yeah. Just company related stuff.", he answers not looking at her, just the papers on his desk.
 

"Ahh how's halmeoni?"
 

"She'll be out the hospital next week. She asks about you too. I told her about the exams we have that's why you can't come around."
 

"Oh, I'll drop by after exams."
 

"She'll like that."
 

Chanyeol continues to read his papers even when Seri talks to him.
 

He looks so serious.

"You should focus on the exams first. It won't be good if you stress your mind too much."
 

"The exams isn't stressing me out. Don't worry. I'll graduate with you.", he tries to .
 

Seri rolls her eyes on him which made Chanyeol laugh. He found her cute. Seri ignores him but she was glad he said that.
 

The second day concluded giving way for the third and last day of the exams. Seri rides the bus to school. She looks out the window excitedly waiting for her stop. She plans to go home to her family when she finishes her clearance after the exams and she is very much looking forward for it. She looks up the skies to see dark clouds forming.
 

"No. Not today.", she pleads.
 

She remembers Chanyeol seeing the rainclouds above.
 

 Just bring snow instead. If it rains he'll loose focus.


She concludes witnessing Chanyeol's attitude whenever it rains. Seri brings her phone out and dials for him. It continued to ring but there was no answer. She calls him repeatedly hoping he'd pick up.  

Chanyeol sees his phone ringing but did not try to grab it. He calls her back worried after a few more minutes seeing how many missed calls he has from her.
 

"Why won't you answer?!", she angrily shouts at him from the other line.
 

"Sorry. I was driving. Are you okay?"
 

"Where are you?"
 

"At the campus. I just arrived. Where are you?"
 

"You're in the University?", her voice starts to calm down.
 

"Yeah. Aren't you here yet?"
 

"I just got off the bus."
 

"Are you okay? Why were you calling?"
 

"Yes. Nothing. I'll just see you in class."
 

"No. I'll pick you up. Wait there."
 

Chanyeol drives off to pick Seri up from the bus stop. She sounded angry when he picked up late but he also heard worry from her voice. He started to feel worried himself. He spots Seri standing at the bus stop. Chanyeol immediately halts to walk over and console her.
 

"Seri what happened?"
 

Seri looks up. She did not know what to tell him. Did she over react? But can he blame her? She was worried he wouldn't attend the exams because of the rain again.
 

Thunders started to growl from the skies signaling it would pour out soon.
 

"I'm fine. Let's go."
 

It was already raining by the time they arrive at the school parking lot. Just like Seri had expected, Chanyeol's eyes shifted back to the dark and lonely side of him. She thought of how to get his focus back for the exams.
 

"Halmeoni. Just think of halmeoni.", she still doesn't know what the problem was but she knows his goal. It was for halmeoni. Whatever the problem was she knew he'd always draw back for his grandmother.
 

They came to the room together. Luckily, the proctor hasn't arrived yet. Seri looks beside her to check on Chanyeol. He was sitting quietly waiting for the exams to start.
 

The final exams ended after three days of pure agony for the mind. Chanyeol finished his papers the earliest again. He gathers his things before passing his papers to the proctor. Seri watches him from a distance. She quickly tried to finish her exams hoping she would be able to catch up with Chanyeol. It was raining the whole day and she was worried of what he'd do.
 

The last questions delayed Seri from her plans. She had a hard time answering them and it took her longer than expected. At the moment she finished, she immediately stood up to pass her papers. She then left the room to find Chanyeol.
 

Seri looked all around the campus for him but there was no luck. Her last resort was the hospital. Although, she did not want to make halmeoni worry once she tells her he's missing. But what if Chanyeol is there? Seri was left with no other choice but to go to halmeoni. She brings with her the hope to find Chanyeol there, then she'll be able to relax.

 

**

 

"Seri?"
 

"Hi halmeoni."
 

"Come. Sit. Are you with Chanyeol?"
 

"No. Actually..", Seri hesitates to finish her sentence.
 

"You're looking for him?", she asks as if she can read Seri's mind.
 

"Halmeoni?"
 

"It's been raining all day hasn't it?"
 

Seri nodds.
 

"Halmeoni, I know I shouldn't really ask but I'm just worried. I would not force myself to you or to Chanyeol. I just wanted to make sure if he's okay and if there is anything that I could do to help please I.. I'm more than willing to do so."
 

"I understand. Thank you Seri.", halmeoni inhales deeply.
 

"I may have an idea of where he is. If I tell you, would you go there?"
 

"His parents' grave?"
 

She got surprised with Seri's question.
 

"Yes. You will find him there. How did you know?"
 

Seri sighs. She wanted to ask halmeoni where it is, she wanted to follow him but wouldn't it be too much? Wouldn't she cross the line? Chanyeol wouldn't like the idea for sure.
 

"Let me tell you the reason why he dislikes the rain Seri."
 

Seri looks at halmeoni ready to hear the story.

  "Chanyeol did not always hate the rain as a matter of fact, he once loved it. He used to play under it all the time. However, one day, his parents and older sister all died during a storm. The rain reminds him of everything he had lost. That's why whenever it does, he changes. It happened eight years ago but still affects him deerly."

"Eight years ago?"
  **
 

"Eight years ago?"
 

Seri lays down her bed thinking of what halmeoni had told her. The story of how the rest of Chanyeol's family died eight years ago. She couldn't bring herself to follow him after what she had heard. She did not know what to do or what she would say the time she sees him.
 

'Kang Joon says Chanyeol's home. Sleep soundly.'
- Halmeoni
 

'Thank you. Rest well halmeoni.'
- Seri
 

After halmeoni informed her of his where abouts, Seri tries to compose a message for Chanyeol. She thought hard of what to tell him.
 

'Are you okay?' *delete*
 

'Where have you been?' *delete*
 

'I went to see halmeoni..' *delete*

 

'Rest well.'
- Seri

 

She decides to send a 'rest well' message to him. It was the best she could think of at the moment. But her heart meant it. She wanted him to have a good sleep after a very long day.

 

**
 

Seri came to school early the next day. She plans to finish her clearance quickly so she could go home to her family as soon as possible.  Also, there was one more reason why she went there early that morning, to find Chanyeol.
 

Being the responsible student she is, Seri did not have a hard time with the offices making it easier for her to get her clearance signed. But to her dismay, there was still no sign of Chanyeol anywhere. She ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter