XXVIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seri arrived at her apartment exhausted after a long travel back to the city. She laid down on her bed fishing her phone from her pocket contemplating.
 

 

'Hey, can we talk? If you're not busy that is.'
- Seri

 

 

 

'I'm just doing something at the moment. I'll call as soon as I'm done with this.'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

'I was hoping.. in person?'
- Seri

 

 

 

'Are you back in the city?'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

'Yeah. I just arrived.'
- Seri

 

 

 

'Where are you?'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

'At the apartment.'
- Seri

 

 

 

'Are you going somewhere?'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

'No.'
- Seri

 

 

 

'Ah well, let me just finish this then I'll come pick you up.'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

'No. Let's just meet somewhere.'
- Seri

 

 

 

'I'll be there at seven.'
- Chanyeol

 

 

 

Seri put her phone down giving up. She knew she wouldn't win this conversation with him.

 

The long hours of sitting in the bus made Seri tired. Her back hurt from her uncomfortable seat and so laying on the bed made her feel sleepy. It only took a few more seconds before she drifted to dreamland. She was only able to wake up after a few hours. Rubbing her eye after a sleepy yawn, Seri grabbed her phone to check on the time and was surprised to see so many missed calls from Chanyeol. It was already quarter to nine that evening. She jumped out the bed in panic while calling him back.


"I'm so sorry. I fell asleep and.."

 

 

 

"I'm infront of your apartment."

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

"Are you coming down or did I just wait for nothing?"

 

 

 

He waited?
"I'm on my way."
 
 

 

Seri fixed herself quickly. She brushed her hair, perfumed and popped a mint candy to . Grabbing her bag and the bag of cookies her mom made for Chanyeol swiftly to meet him downstairs.
 
 

 

She sees Chanyeol waiting for her leaning on his car. He was in a formal attire. A white polo shirt with its sleeves folded halfway, his jacket hanging on his shoulders, a black pants and leather shoes. He's crossing his arms to his chest looking impatient.
 
 

 

"Does it take you thirty more minutes to get down?"
 
 

 

"Sorry."

 

She apologizes staring at him. He still looked so handsome despite obviously seeming cold from staying under the snow for too long. And oh how Seri missed staring at this tall, elf-shaped ears, cold hearted but babo for his halmeoni person.


 

 

"Come on. I'm hungry."
 

 


"Hungry? You haven't eaten?"
 

 


"Have you?"
 

 


"No."
 

 


"Then let's go."
 

 


Chanyeol stops at a nice looking restaurant which gladly welcomed them despite the late hour.
 

 


"You should have left." She tells him once they've sitted.

 

 


"You said you wanted to talk."
 

 


"Sorry, I was tired. Uhm.. Do you own this place too?", she asks noticing they were the only ones inside.
 

 


"No. But the owner's a good friend."
 

 


"Ahh."

He has friends? Good friend he says.  
Chanyeol observes Seri. Her eyes wondering around the restaurant. He admits missing her, that's the reason why he waited for her outside the building even though it took her hours before coming down. Chanyeol figured she must've been asleep but it didn't cross his mind to go home instead. He really wanted to see her.  

 

"So, what did you want to talk about?", he asks snapping Seri out her thoughts.

   

Seri was unsure of how she'd start her concern. How will she give him the money back? He might misunderstand. Plus he doesn't like cookies, but her mom made it for him. Will he accept it?

 

 

 

"Let's just talk about it later. How's halmeoni doing?"

   

"She's good. I wasn't able to stop her from working but we've agreed that she stays at home."

   

"So she works at home?"

   

"Yeah. Just the light ones. I attend some meetings and other company stuff then I'll report them to her. That's how it went on."

   

"You're like CEO under training now?"

   

"Something like that."

   

They continued to catch up with one another through out their late dinner. Chanyeol had asked her about her father's recovery and she gladly says he's doing very well. She also told him about her father's invitation which Chanyeol willingly accepted.


   

"He said he wants to go hiking with you when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter