XXIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Halmeoni slowly opened her eyes, feeling much better from her sleep. She looked around the room wondering where she was. She tried to get up but couldn't move her hand. It felt heavy. Someone was holding on to her. She looked over to who it was and found her grandson with a girl, sleeping calmly, both of them holding her hand.


Who is this you brought Chanyeol?, she thought to herself.


Seri felt her neck hurting from the uncomfortable position. Her aching neck woke her from her slumber. She slowly opened her eyes and met Chanyeol's sleeping face.


What is he doing here?, her eyes wondered around.


No, wait. I'm still in the hospital? Halmeoni?!


She lifted her head to check on halmeoni but the sight of Chanyeol's hand above hers that was holding halmeoni's caught her attention. Seri averted her eyes back to Chanyeol who was still sleeping. She carefully tried to free herself from his grip.


"Hhmmm." Chanyeol grunts as he tightly held both hers and halmeoni's hand.


Seri stopped her attempts not wanting to awaken him. Chanyeol's frown gradualy disappeared, relaxing as he goes back to his peaceful sleep.


I really can't understand you. Seri smiles to Chanyeol.


"Seri?", a hearty smile escaped halmeoni's lips when she realized who the girl her grandson was with.


"Halmeoni?"


She puts her index finger on her lips gersturing Seri to keep it down as to not wake Chanyeol up.


"How are you feeling? Should I call the nurse?", she whispered.


"I'm feeling much better now. It's so nice to see you."


"You too halmeoni. But I never wanted to see you at this state.", she tried to hold back her tears.


"Don't worry. I'm okay."


They gave each other a sincere smile.


"You're neck is all red darling. Are you okay?"


"Ye-yes.", she tried to covered it.


"Why did you two sleep there? It looks so uncomfortable. You'll both have stiff necks for sure."


"Halmeoni.", Chanyeol suddenly spoke. They both eyed him but he was still asleep. He was sleep talking again.


"He was very worried and scared."


"I know.", her eyes shifted to their hands touching, hers, Seri's and then Chanyeol's. Seri immediately pulled back hers feeling embarassed. Chanyeol felt the sudden emptyness which woke him up.


"What heppened?", he looks at Seri with groggy eyes.


"You okay?"


"Uhh yeah.", she avoided his stare.


Chanyeol massaged his neck, eyes closed while doing so.


"You two should have laid down on the sofa atleast."


Chanyeol snapped his eyes open when he heard her voice.


"HALMEONI?!"


"Shhh! Don't shout."


"Are you okay? How do you feel?!", he stood up from his seat.


"I'll feel much better if you stop shouting Chanyeol."


"How long have you been awake halmeoni?", he lowered his voice.


"Just a few minutes ago."


"Why didn't you wake me up?"


"No need for that. Basides, Seri's been keeping me company."


"Why didn't you wake me up?", he now asks Seri.


Seri didn't know what to answer him. She rubbed her hands together thinking for an acceptable reason.


"Eiii. Don't do that. She just wanted to let you have more sleep. You cried too much."


"Wha-,I..."


"Both your eyes are swollen.", she points at the two kids.


"Sorry for worrying.", Chanyeol sarcastically answered back.


"Aigoo. Come here so I could kiss you."


"Aish."


Halmeoni opens her arms wide trying to reach for Chanyeol's face, teasing him. Seri couldn't help giggle with their cute interaction.


"Why are you laughing?", Chanyeol scoffed before heading to the bathroom.


"Don't mind him. He's just embarrased."


Knock Knock Knock


"Good morning!", the nurse enters.


"Oh Good morning."


"It's good you're awake mam. How are you feeling?"


"Much better. Thank you."


"Well that's good. Have you eaten?"


"No. We all just woke up actually."


"Oh I see. Well I've brought your meds here but you have to eat first before you take them. Okay mam?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter