XLVIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeoboseyo?"

 

"Eo Chanyeol? It's Soohyun."

 

At the voice of Soohyun answering Seri's phone, he somehow felt relieved. He worried for her after she ran away from him. But even when he tried going after her, he was already too late.

 

It was a risk to call her when he knew how upset she was of him. But it was a risk he willingly took.

 

"Uhhh.."

 

"She's here at our house, sleeping.", Soohyun easily answered the question Chanyeol can't say.

 

"I see. Hhm.."

 

Chanyeol struggled with his own words as he spoke. He wanted to ask so many question yet he didn't know how to put it.

 

"Is she.. is she okay?", it was a ridiculous question. He knew that.

 

Soohyun can hear the worry in his tone as he asked Seri's condition. It was clear how he still cared for her despite the downfall of their relationship.

 

"She's fine Chanyeol, may be you should rest too. I'll be the one to drive her tomorrow."

 

"Ahh I understand. Thank you."

 

With that said, Soohyun ended the call. He can't deny that he also felt disappointed with Chanyeol. He tries to understand his point of view but with how he saw Seri crying to herself in the park, he can't help the furry feeling boiling in him. Though he also appreciated him calling to check on her.

 

The next day, Seri woke up with a throbbing headache within her. Her clogged nose making her status worse.

 

She slowly sat on the bed, rubbing her temples with the hope that it'll ease the pain.

 

As her eyes wondered around, she remembered Soohyun driving her to their house after she burst out in the park last night.

 

She got up, looking for her unnie that should be home at that time. She found her sister cleaning in her kitchen with Yeonu playing on his high chair.

 

"Imo!", he happily greets.

 

Sayi was surprised when her son suddenly called for Seri. She turned around and saw her sister standing by the door frame. She flashed Yeonu a weak smile, walking towards him and kissed his cheek.

 

"Don't play with your food baby.", she tells her nephew.

 

"Sit down. I'll prepare your breakfast."

 

Seri nods, sitting beside Yeonu before helping him eat.

 

"How are you feeling?", Sayi asked while she lays down the utensils for Seri.

 

"My head hurts a little. My nose is clogged too."

 

She pouted to the older one unintentionally. Sayi could only giggle at her cute sister, specially when she's not even making an attempt to.

 

"I'll give you some aspirin later after you eat. You'll feel much better."

 

"Why? Is imo sick eomma?" the young boy innocently asked.

 

"Ne. So don't make it hard for imo. Finish your food now.", she answers her son, setting the table for Seri.

 

Seri starts to scoop on her meal slowly while Sayi helps her son finish his food. She can only smile watching their cute mother and son bonding.

 

After Yeonu's meal, Sayi tells him to go play in the living room where she could still watch him but also far enough so he wouldn't hear their conversation.

 

For a while, Sayi watched her sister chewing lifelessly. Her eyes swollen with her pinkish nose and cheeks. The evidence of her much crying the night before still shows on her small face.

 

Seri noticed her sister's stares and form there, she knew her unnie was aware of everything that had happened.

 

"Soohyun told me what happened.", she tells Seri when their eyes met. She looks down avoiding her unnie's stares, unable to explain what she felt.

 

"He said he was on his way home when he saw you running last night."

 

"Any suggestions?" She asked, not making the conversation any longer.

 

A small giggle left their lips at how sarcastic she suddenly sounded. But if Soohyun did tell her everything, then there's no reason to go further. It just hurts to keep on hearing the story. All she wants now are answers.

 

"Uhh follow your heart?"

 

Seri can only roll her eyes at how cliche her sister could be. Sayi laughs at her own words as well, filling the kitchen with their giggles. Although, she does believe in the old saying.

 

"It's cliche and old I know but do you know why we keep on hearing this advice from everyone?"

 

Seri raised her eyebrow at a question she didn't expect to hear.

 

"Because it actually works."

 

The feeling of uncertainty started to fill within Seri. This old saying, everybody hears all the time. She knew what her heart wanted but she was scared.

 

"Seri every relationship has their own versions of ups and down. This is yours. We all fall in love by chance. In other words, no one can choose who they fall in love with. But to stay in love, is our choice."

 

Sayi can read the warry through her sister's expression. It was never easy to decide between letting go or fighting for your love.

 

She extended her hand to Seri, squeezing it softly to catch her attention.

 

"If you choose to stay and fight, I'll help you slap some senses into him."

 

"But if you say you've had enough and you're ready to walk away, I'll help you pick the pieces up."

 

The sincerity can be seen in her eyes as she looked directly into her sister's orbs. She rubbed her thumb at the back of her hand, giving her the reassurance she needs.

 

"No one can ever choose for you. Because we're not the ones who'll live with the consequences of your choices. But never forget that we're all here for you. No matter what."

 

Seri can't help the tears forming as her unnie's words engross through her. Despite all the arguments they had growing up, she was always someone she can depend on.

Sayi only gave her a smile as their hands held on each other.

 

"I won't deny that I'm mad at him. You can't blame me because he made you cry."

 

"But I don't want to be blinded by that anger. I can never forget the excitement I feel whenever I see him look at you. But at the same time it makes me sad. It's like, 'wow! some one else would be taking care of my little sister now.'"

 

"I can remember when you and Chanyeol told us that you're getting married, he said 'no one is sure of what's going to happen in the future, but I'm sure I want it to happen with Seri.' Somehow I still believe in his words."

 

A smile easily formed on Seri's lips as it flashed back into her. She can remember how nervous she was that time, but the way Chanyeol held her hand alleviated all her doubts.

 

"Thank you unnie. I still don't know what to do but I'm just so grateful I have you.", she stood up, embracing her tightly. They remained in each other's arms without needing another word to say.

"Eommaaa!! Pororo! Pororo!" Yeonu's voice breaks their moment as he calls on to his mother, pointing at the television to be opened.

 

They both could only giggle while they wiped their tears away so the little boy won't see them. Sayi cupped her sister's face, pinching her cheeks with glee before walking towards her son.

 

Seri exhales, giving off her worries along with it. The conversation she had with her sister doesn't change the fact that she has a big decision to make but she has her family with her. Whatever happens, she has them. That was enough to make her smile.

 

"I'll be heading off now unnie."

 

Sayi turned to Seri who was already dressed up and ready to leave. She was wearing one of her dresses which made her eyebrow raise.

 

"What? Where are you going?"

 

"To work. I'll be borrowing this.", she answered, twirling around in her unnie's dress.  It's only natural when she had no clothes in her sister's house. Though, it was also habit to borrow stuff from each other ever since they were young.

 

"You're still going? Just call Jiyah and tell her you're sick. Stay and spend some time with your nephew."

 

"Aish. I can't do that. I have a lot of papers waiting for me plus Jiyah's really pressured with her Masters' studies right now."

 

"We'll play some other time okay baby?", she told Yeonu, hugging him.

 

"Okay! But bring Chanyeol samchon with you too. Appa bought me new cars we'll play."

 

Both Sayi and Seri didn't know how to respond to his cherubic favor. They were both witnesses to how close Chanyeol has become to the little boy.

 

"Yeonu honey, Chanyeol samchon can't play with you for a while okay? But we can always play together." Sayi tries to divert his attention lightly.

 

"But why not? I like playing with him. He's not a bad person eomma."

 

Sayi's eyes soften at how pure her son's heart is. It wasn't easy explaining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter