LXVI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Galaxy Group of Corporations is composed of twelve of the largest and the most dominant businesses in the country. From cafe's to high end restaurants, to the state of the art hotels, and the luxurious malls, Galaxy Group Corp. owns them all.

 

The twelve board of directors that represents the twelve major companies under Galaxy Corp. carries the most respected names in the industry. Oh Sehun, current CEO of OWW, Oh Wind Wheels, specializing in upscale automobiles. Park Chanyeol, president of Park Prime and Development Corporation which owns the largest and grandest malls and residential buildings in the country and abroad. Do Kyungsoo, top chef and owner of The Hungry Owl chain of restaurants. The high end belt of bars under Light Lounge owned by Byun Baekhyun. Kim Kai of Exodus Petroleum. Zhang Medical Center under the care of its president Dr. Zhang Yixing. Kim Jongdae, the CEO of Thunder Entertainment Records. Kim Minseok, owner of Flake Suites. Hourglass Jewels headed by Huang Zitao. Wu Yifan, CEO of one of the top airline company in the world, Wu Airways. And Kim Junmyeon, President and CEO of Lucky One Financial Holdings, currently sitting as the prime leader of the twelve corporations.

 

The most prestigious names in the business in one room. Stress, workload, discussions, debates. Seri could only imagine how it goes, knowing that Chanyeol was once again in a meeting with the board.

 

"Yah! You guys better not forget!", Baekhyun shouts after their three-hour meeting.

 

Suho and Kris continue to discuss matters while the others did their own. Baekhyun and Chen, on the other hand, went around reminding people of their schedule.

 

"You two kids make sure to come okay?!" They decide to approach the youngest in the group, Kai and Sehun.

 

"Eo. We'll be there hyung."

 

"You too Chanyeol-ah." Chen eased his way to the silent Chanyeol, who was still reading his folders.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Eh?" They grow confused at Chanyeol's naive answer.

 

"Aish. Looks like he forgot.", Kai sighs.

 

"Yah! We've been planning this. You can't not come.", Baekhyun scolds, pointing a finger to him.

 

"Come to what?"

 

"We're celebrating ChenBaekXi's success.", Chen answers, positively. Chen, Baekhyun and Xiumin's recent work collaboration accomplished excellent results which called for a group blowout as they call it.

 

"Didn't you have that already at your bar?", he points to Baekhyun who already looked displeased.

 

"Eii.. that's for the company. This time it's just going to be the board. And besides, you didn't even come.", Chen answers for him.

 

"Just pause from work and relax a little. Jeez.", Baekhyun comments.

 

"Psh. Work isn't the reason why he didn't come hyung.", Kai joins the argument. The two older ones then looked at him, their faces asking the obvious question.

 

"He and Seri went out that night.", he whispers though still Chanyeol heard him.

 

"What?!"

 

"Are you two back together?"

 

Their loud voices gathered the attention of the rest. The sudden announcement made everyone then curious of what he'd say. Chanyeol, however, remained silent. He finished gathering his stuff before getting on to his feet to leave the room.

 

"Ok. Wait. Wait. Wait." Chen and Baekhyun both stoped him from doing so, blocking his way out.

 

"Are you really not going to come?"

 

"Just bring her along."

 

"I thought it's just going to be us?" Kai speaks earning an elbow from his hyungs.

 

"Seri already feels like family.", Xiumin saves.

 

"Sehun would bring Mari along too. Right Sehun?" Sehun was caught off guard by the sudden mention of his name. Initially they planned the small celebration for just the twelve of them. Looks like they were really determined to get Chanyeol going that they swiftly had no problem in bringing Seri over. And now, Mari was being invited too.

 

"Suho and Yixing are going to bring their wives over too.", Luhan joined in convincing Chanyeol, surprising Suho and Yixing with the mention of their names.

 

"I'm not taking no for an answer Yeol." Xiumin strongly suggests but wearing a pout on his face to look sullen.

 

"Arraseo. I'll ask her."

 

 

**

 

 

The evening came accompanied by colder winds to blow the night. Chanyeol still sat in his office, finishing up the day's tasks. His eyes and pen glued on the folders with endless papers to sign.

 

Beep. His phone signals a message.

 

Don't forget to tell Seri. It's the day after tomorrow. If you don't tell her, I'll call her myself.
- Baekhyun

 

"How annoying.", he sighs at the message. Chanyeol places his phone back on the desk, thinking of what Baekhyun said. As much as he would want to take Seri along, he felt that it might be uncomfortable of her to come when every girl that would be there are partners of his friends. He didn't want her to feel pressured. Most specially with the possible questions to be thrown at them.

 

"This is such a headache."

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

"Eo?", he wearily answers to the door. The wooden door then slowly opened, a hand holding up a large bag coming in. His eyes caught sight of it, furrowing at what he saw. She then peeked in, giving him a bright smile.

 

"What are you doing?", he chuckles at the way she came inside. His heart beating in joy at the sight of Seri.

 

"Sorry. I just thought to bring you dinner.", she shyly answers.

 

"Why?", he asked, still wearing the smile he can't hide. He stood from his chair approaching her.

 

"Can I come in?"

 

"Of course.", he laughs at the question but then realized how she was still by the door. Seri headed to the sofa, placing the bag on the center table. Chanyeol slowly caught up with her while he watched her unloading the plastic.

 

"It's much better this time.", she merrily announced.

 

"Really?" He sits on the sofa, still admiring her every move.

 

"Ahuh. I went to Chef Do's restaurant for this 'cause I know you like them. Tadah!" She shows him a fancy looking dish even in a to go box. Chanyeol chuckles at her cute gesture, taking the box from her.

 

"How'd you know I haven't had dinner?"

 

"Just a feeling. I know you're still here so I had a really good feeling you haven't had anything just yet.", she said, sounding wise.

 

They exchanged smiles before Seri urged him to start digging in. Chanyeol followed, savoring the taste of Chef Do's good food.

 

"How's your day? You look like you're in a good mood."

 

"I am actually. It's a very productive day for me."

 

"That's nice."

 

"Minseok called me."

 

Chanyeol chocked on his food, hearing what she just said.

 

"Yah! Eat carefully.", she scolds while passing him a drink.

 

"What did he call you for?", he asked even while coughing.

 

"Well, we were discussing about the hotel renovation you were saying before. He sent me the files just this afternoon."

 

"Ahh.. What else did he say?"

 

"He said that he's definitely going to give it to KLM. He won't be talking to any other company besides us."

 

"That's good news. Anything else?"

 

"Hhmm.. he said you had a board meeting this morning and one of the agenda is about planning for a second project under ChenBaekXi."

 

"Is that it?", he continues to ask, turning Seri confused.

 

"Yeah. Why?"

 

"Oh, nothing."

 

"Finish your food then.", she said before going around his office. Chanyeol followed her move with his eyes. His mind wondering on what else might his Xiumin hyung have told her.

 

"You okay?"

 

Chanyeol was surprised at Seri's voice speaking to him out of his daze.

 

"You look like you're in deep thought."

 

"It's nothing."

 

"Don't worry, I won't touch anything and clean your table.", she giggles before turning to the other table that carried more folders. Seri catches a direct sight of his workload already making her feel tired. She wondered how he get things done with all the responsibilities on his shoulders.

 

"Why?", he asked, hearing her sigh. He sees her staring at some papers, studying them.

 

"There's more files here than I can remember."

 

He chuckles at her bitter statement. He can sense the worry and unimpressed tone in her voice which was also written in her face.

 

"Just let me finish this up and I'll get those done."

 

"Let me help you.", she hastily said, looking at him with conviction.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Give me something to do"

 

"What are you talking about?" Chanyeol felt puzzled at her words.

 

"Just the minor ones. Like this, I can check this for you instead. It's just the audit." She shows him a folder. Chanyeol didn't respond but just looked at her confused on the sofa.

 

"And this one too." She shows him another folder, now holding up two in her hands.

 

"You don't have to. I'll check that later."

 

"But you still have those to do. Let me do this. I promise I'll make sure it's correct."

 

"Seri, I have no doubt in your skills. You just don't have to do it." He walks to her planning to take the folders away. Seri was quicker though, she placed them behind her back, stepping away from Chanyeol.

 

"Unless we clone you, you will never be able to get out of this office if you won't get an extra hand. I will help you."

 

"You're so hard headed.", he chuckles before massaging his forehead.

 

"Just go back there and finish your meal.", she shoos him away.

 

"You want to help?", he suddenly turns serious, focusing his eyes on her. She was surprised by his mood shift, making her stare at him back. Chanyeol slowly stepped, admiring her closer. His lips forming a smile Seri can't help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter