XLIII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the wind blew the fresh air outside the city, Seri sat quietly on the passenger seat while Mari drove. She had been calling Seri for days but she never answered or returned any of them. Today, Mari decides to get her out by force.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Sehun had a three day conference outside the city. Today's the last day. We'll come see him. And I thought it's perfect for you, you know... unwinding."

 

"Does he know we're coming?"

 

"There's a really good restaurant here. Let's have lunch there.", Mari ignores her question. The truth was, Sehun knew they were coming. He was in that conference with Chanyeol and Kai. It should be the perfect place for their 'plan'.

 

"Kai!", Mari greets him the moment she steps out the car.

 

Why is he here?

 

"Hey you're here!", Kai plays along.

 

"Hello there."

 

Seri gulps when Kai turned his attention to her. She looked away, unable to greet back.

 

A stinging pinch was felt at her sides coming from Mari.

 

"Don't be rude Seri.", she whispered.

 

With her teeth on her lower lip, Seri bowed her head to finally greet Kai.

 

He only smirked, finding her actions cute.

 

"Let's go in? Sehun should be there soon."

 

"You two go ahead. I'll just make a call.", Mari says, urging the two of them.

 

Seri's eyebrow met, while she sent looks of rescue to Mari.

 

"Don't be rude to him Seri. He's nice. Go.", she whispered.

 

A deep breath came out from her. Seri had no choice but to walk with Kai, heading inside the restaurant.

 

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Kai asked, peeking at her.

 

"Huh? Oh no."

 

"Sorry if I scared you last time."

 

"What?"

 

"At the cafe. When I introduced myself. You must have been scared and you left."

 

"Ahh no. Sorry about that. I was just surprised I guess."

 

"I see. So we're okay?", Kai asked, wearing his killer smile.

 

His smile captivated Seri with his eyes shining brightly. She suddenly felt a different kind of shyness to him. Her head nodded lightly, with her lips smiling genuinely at him.

 

"Great." He still smiled back.

 

"You have a really pretty smile-- uh what should I call you exactly?", his eyebrows knitted while he asked.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Is Seri just fine?"

 

"Ahh yes... Is Kai just fine?", she asked back.

 

"It's a nickname. But yeah that's good."

 

She hummed.

 

"Anyway, back to what I was saying."

 

Seri looked at him confused, waiting for what he'd say next.

 

"You have a really pretty smile Seri.", Kai meant the words he said to her.

 

"Ohhh thank you."

 

She looked down as embarrassment struck her. His smile starting to affect her.

 

"You too."

 

The two of them giggled while they walked the corridors to the restaurant. Kai was surprised with the way she responded.

 

As they came near the restaurant, Seri surprisingly stopped on her tracks. Her eyes widen when it landed on Chanyeol standing opposite them. She was more dumbfounded to see that he was not alone. There was a girl, standing close to him. Her breath started to raise as her fists clenched on her dress.

 

A smirk formed on Kai's lips when he saw what caught Seri's attention. What makes the situation even more interesting is having Chanyeol's eyes on them. It was obvious he saw them.

 

"Seri?", Kai whispered while he place his hand on the small of her back.

 

Kai gulped, suddenly feeling it hard to breathe. It was as if Chanyeol was choking him just from his stares. He took his hand back, placing it in his pockets.

 

The girl smiled at her sweetly before walking passed by them. Seri followed her moves with her eyes, while Chanyeol kept sending daggers at Kai.

 

"So much for making Chanyeol jealous. Who's that with him?", Mari asked while Sehun and her eavesdrop from a far.

 

"Seri isn't liking this. She's the one getting jealous. While Chanyeol.."

 

"Is killing Kai in his head." Sehun interrupts.

 

"What?"

 

"Look closely. His eyes says it all."

 

Mari followed his stare, looking for what Sehun could be talking about. When she saw Chanyeol's serious and deadly glares, she smiled, understanding what he meant now.

 

"Oh Hellooooo." Seri snapped out hearing someone greet them suddenly with a loud and bright voice.

 

"Remember us?", they asked.

 

"Ah yes. Of course. Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongdae.", she shyly answered before bowing to greet them.

 

"Ohh glad you can still remember us." Jongdae said while he flashed her a closed smile.

 

"Aren't you cute visiting our Chanyeol on the last day of the conference.", Baekhyun talks this time.

 

"She must have missed him.", Jongdae speaks again, teasing Seri.

 

His opinion brought embarrassment and confusion to Seri. From the looks of it, they still don't know about their 'break up.'

 

"Yah! Chanyeol. Aren't you going to greet your fiance?"

 

With a joyful smirk on his face, Kai waited for what he would say next. Seri fidgets on her spot feeling the pressure of the situation. She took a deep breath before trying to turn on her heel, ready to leave.

 

"Why don't you join us for lunch?"

 

The two men cheered on, making their answer obvious. Seri glanced at Kai, confused with his sudden invitation to Jongdae and Baekhyun. It was not planned but Kai was thankful these two hyungs arrived. Without their knowledge of Chanyeol and Seri's situation, it'll make everything more interesting plus, at least he wouldn't have to deal with Chanyeol's choking eyes alone.

 

"Shouldn't we come?", Mari asked Sehun as they watched the five of them entering the restaurant while Jongdae pulled Chanyeol.

 

'Got this covered. You love birds enjoy.'
- Kai

 

"No. It should be fine.", Sehun answered after reading Kai s message. Despite Kai's silly attitude, his confidence can be of great help. He trusts him.

 

"Did you two fight?", Baekhyun whispered to Seri, noticing Chanyeol's behavior. She didn't answer.

 

"Don't worry. We'll help you.", he gave her a wink before sitting down opposite her.

 

Kai, Baekhyun and Chen sat opposite Chanyeol and Seri. She fidgets on her seat, dialling Mari's number for rescue. To her dismay, she never answered.

 

The server comes to their table, waiting for their orders.

 

"Uhh this one.. this one..."

 

The three boys ordered while Seri and Chanyeol remained silent.

 

"Should that be spicy?", the waiter asked Seri.

 

"No. She doesn't eat spicy food.", Kai answered for her before giving his signature smirk to Seri.

 

"Woah! You two already know each other well.", Jongdae reacts.

 

"We were born on the same year. It's only natural."

 

Kai glanced at Chanyeol, sipping his water. No matter how much he acts like he doesn't care, Kai can feel how affected he is.

 

Let's see how long you can keep your cool hyung., he dared Chanyeol in his mind.

 

"So Seri, how have you been lately? Any progress with the wedding plans?", Baekhyun asked, looking excited.

 

With a tight hold on her dress, she gulped. Seri didn't know how to answer him. Their eyes looked forward to what she'd say but no words could come to her head.

 

"That doesn't concern you.", Chanyeol saves her.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae's eyes grew wide while Kai chuckled from his seat at tallest one's answer.

 

"It's a surprise of course.", Kai tried to save Chanyeol from having any conflict with the other two.

 

"Ahhh.. Can't you share us a tiny bit of that?" Baekhyun gestures with his slender fingers, acting like he's pinching the air.

 

"No." Chanyeol firmly answered.

 

"Eii. Fine. Let's just wait for it then. But Seri if you need any help. Never doubt to ask.", Jongdae's sweet character made Seri smile.

 

Seri glanced at Chanyeol still having his poker face on. The way he's looking just made Seri feel like he doesn't really care. She decides to stay silent and ignore him. She doesn't want to be affected by him anymore.

 

The restaurant's specialty is a big bowl of seafood soup made for sharing. Anyone that would see this dish will have their mouths water from the delicious and the variety of seafood it has. As soon as it arrived, Kai moved to grab the ladle.

 

"Ladies first, of course.", he said, serving Seri a bowl.

 

Chanyeol watched what he did with clenched fists. He specially disliked it when Seri smiled back at him.

 

Baekhyun and Jongdae watched the tension going on. They glanced at Kai, with his smirk on as if he was doing it on purpose.

 

Feeling that some one was staring at him, Kai shifted his eyes to his two other hyungs with a cheeky smile. And as if they could read each other's minds, Baekhyun and Jongdae cleared their throats as a signal that they got the message.

 

"Woah! Kai and Seri are really close now huh, Jongdae-yah.", Baekhyun exclaimed while peeping at Chanyeol.

 

"Sehun introduced us.", Kai answers.

 

"Keep eating Seri. You'll need to regain your strength."

 

"Oh why?", Jongdae asked.

 

"She wasn't feeling well these past few days. Kept herself in her apartment. She already lost so much weight."

 

"Ahh then you should eat more.", Jongdae said, giving her more soup.

 

"You should hurry and get your strength back so we could watch that new movie you like.", Kai joyfully said.

 

"Woah!!! You're going to watch a movie?!", Baekhyun emphasized, making sure Chanyeol hears it.

 

Astonished with what was happening, Seri failed to make anymore remarks. She didn't know where Kai's getting all of what he's saying.

 

"There's a movie she wants to see but because she got sick, we weren't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter