XXXII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome to the family."

 

Seri was so surprised to hear those words come out of halmeoni's lips. It gave her a mixture of emotions but most of all she was relieved. The tears unknowingly flowed down to her cheeks as she was still in halmeoni embrace.

 

"Oh dear why are you crying?"

 

Chanyeol, whom was also very much surprised from his grandmother's actions, stood up immediately when he saw Seri crying.

 

"Ohh did I scare you? I'm so sorry."

 

"No halmeoni. I'm just.... Oh sorry." She tried to wipe her tears away, however, it kept on coming out. They were out of her control.

 

Chanyeol walked towards them, a smile on his face. He held Seri's arm facing her to him bringing her close for a warm hug. Seri felt her tears coming out more and more when she had realized that she was inside Chanyeol's arms. He soothe her back tightening his arms around her.

 

"Shhh I told you she'd like you.", he said with a wide smile on his lips.

 

Halmeoni observed them, tears forming on the side of her eyes as well. She was so greatful that her grandson had found someone that would stay with him. Someone that would support and love him. She was very happy that he had found Seri.

 

Chanyeol moved to place Seri's face between his hands wiping her tears himself. She bit her lip trying to stop herself from crying, her nose and cheeks already pinkish. Chanyeol chuckled but he found her cute. This was the outcome for the roller coaster of emotions she had earlier.

 

"You have to stop crying now because I have to calm halmeoni next. She's crying already.", he said teasing both of the ladies which were both crying in front of him. Seri glanced at halmeoni and saw her weeping with her palms between her face though she was also smiling at them. Seri gives Chanyeol the signal to walk over to his grandmother to help her calm down.

 

Chanyeol walked over to his halmeoni, arms opened wide ready for a big tight hug.

 

"Why didn't you tell me any sooner?", she asked still hugging him.

 

"Sorry. Sorry.", he just whispered back.

 

She savored her grandson's strong embrace. This was the first time they had ever argued. Even though he was always the hard headed kid, he never answered back or disrespected her in any way.

 

"Seri why are you crying again?" She opened her eyes and saw her soon to be grand daughter in law sobbing. Chanyeol looked back to see Seri drying her face.

 

"Don't mind me. I'm just happy you two are okay."

 

"Oh you little angel. Come here so I could hug you again."

 

Seri happily walked back to her for another welcoming hold. The three of them stayed within each others' arms while Chanyeol swayed them from side to side his heart singing in joy having both Seri and his grand mother in his arms.

 

**

 

"The next time you get this late you stay the night okay?" Halmeoni say as Seri was preparing to leave. She suggests to make Seri sleep over since it was really late already but she denied the offer. It has been such a long day. She wanted to rest her mind and she wouldn't be able to do that knowing halmeoni would be around.

 

"I'll just visit again halmeoni. Rest well. Goodnight.", she gives her a hug before heading outside.

"You two take care. Drive safe Chanyeol."

 

**

 

"You okay?", he asked when they arrive at her apartment. She only nods giving him a sweet smile.

 

"You've been silent the whole ride here. What are you thinking?"

 

"I actually don't know. I guess I'm just happy." she said honestly with a small giggle before giving off a deep exhale.

 

"Hey, you don't have to walk me upstairs. It'll take more time. Go back."

 

Chanyeol reached for both of Seri's hand as she was grabbing her bag ready to leave the car. She looked over to him blinking slightly confused. 

 

"You did great."

 

"You did most of the talking there. But just so you know, I meant those."

 

"You were really believable too."

 

"Well I meant what I said too."

 

Seri felt a light shock from what he said recalling his words earlier.

 

What is this kid talking about? He said he planned to marry me even without the knowledge of halmeoni's request.

 

"Thank you."

 

"What's your schedule tomorrow?"

 

"Hhmm.. I'll be off to buy a dress for graduation then may be to the spa. Girl stuff." she giggles.

 

"You?"

 

"Just the office. Tell me when you're done with your 'girl stuff'."

 

"Why? Are we going somewhere?"

 

"Depends.", he teases.

 

She glared at him squeezing his hands to force him in speaking. Chanyeol chuckled pulling her to come close to him. Seri tried to resist but he was too strong for her. He kissed her cheek bringing their foreheads together.

 

"Just tell me the minute your done okay. We'll see tomorrow."

 

"Fine." She rolled her eyes making him chuckle once more. Seri giggled too before saying good night, stepping out the car to the building.

 

**

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

"Just a minute." Seri took a quick look on the mirror fixing her hair and her shirt. She was just in one of her home black leggings with a white tshirt however she knew it would still compliment her curves without looking like she's trying too much. She went to answer the door after her quick look and there he was Park Chanyeol looking handsome as always. She smiled greeting him as she makes way so he could enter her apartment.

 

"You're early. I thought you couldn't be here 'till eight." she said heading towards the kitchen. Chanyeol following her with a gallon of ice cream he had bought for them.

 

"Halmeoni ended the meeting early. I think she sensed that I was going to see you."

 

"What?"

 

"She kept winking at me when I left the conference room right after she said meeting adjourn."

 

Seri laughed while she stirred in the pot on her stove.

 

"Smells good. What are you cooking?" he asked walking towards her.

 

"It'll be done in a few. Go sit on the sofa and rest for a while." she shoos Chanyeol away from her and the food she was cooking. Chanyeol caught her hand looking at her with his face turning serious and she knew why. He was looking for the engagement ring which she wasn't wearing.

 

"Sorry. I took it off."

 

"Why?"

 

"It'll catch too much attention."

 

"Seri?"

 

"I'll wear it after I cook okay? Please calm down." she begged squeezing his cheeks in between her palms.

 

"Wear it now.", he said in a serious tone his voice still muffled from his squeezed cheeks. It sounded so cute making Seri giggle.

 

"Fine." She walked over to her room to get the ring. She walked back to Chanyeol and gave him the ring. He looked at her confused. Seri extended her hand to him signaling him to slide the ring for her. He laughed understanding what she meant. Chanyeol did as what he was told to. After he had done it, Seri turned her back on him to resume cooking.

 

"The spa really works magic on you girls." he stated chuckling as he removed his coat and sat on the dining chair so he could still watch her cooking.

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"You're in a good mood. Washed all the stress we had the past few days."

 

"It wasn't all stress. I'm just excited."

 

"In marrying me?", he asked smirking at her.

 

"No dummy. It's graduation tomorrow. Aren't you excited?"

 

She placed the utensils on the table while Chanyeol waited for the food to be served.

 

"Not as excited as you. What's the news about your sister? Is she coming?"

 

"Ohh yeah. We need to talk about that. Wait. I'll just get the chicken."

 

She hurriedly ran back to the kitchen to grab the other dishes she cooked for them. Chanyeol observes the food in front of him picking on what to get first.

 

"It's a family recipe. What do you think?", she asked anxiously waiting for Chanyeol's response after he had a spoon of her cooking.

 

"If you keep cooking like this then may be we should really marry early."

 

Seri kicked his leg from his teasing. Chanyeol just chuckled before resuming his meal.

 

"I'm glad you liked it.", she laughs.

 

They have talked about Chanyeol's work through out dinner. He winned a little which made Seri laugh out of his silly reasonings. Chanyeol insisted on washing the dishes after eating however she didn't let him to, saying he was tired and he should just rest.

 

Chanyeol waited for Seri in the living room while she was cleaning in the kitchen.

 

Wow she really likes reading? He told himself as he browsed the books on her shelf.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"You read all these?"

 

"Most of them.", she answered sitting on the sofa with two of her ice cream filled mugs which Chanyeol bought for them. Chanyeol sat beside of her grabbing one of the mugs in her hand.

 

"So you like reading? What do you mostly read?"

 

"Most of those are for school."

 

"That's so boring."

 

Chanyeol choked on the ice cream when Seri threw a pillow to him.

 

"I was joking.", he laughs wiping the drippings on his shirt.

 

"Aish. So clumsy.", she said handing him the tissue box.

 

"If you didn't threw the pillow it wouldn't fall."

 

"If you didn't tease me I wouldn't throw it."

 

"Aii Sung Woo's going to get mad when she sees this."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter