LXX.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright day with the snow starting to melt from the sun's light. Everyone greets eachother a cheerful morning as they get ready for the day's work.

 

The hallway was filled with energy having more projects coming in KLM Designs. Seri passes through her office mates with a cherry smile as she heads to her table.

 

"Good morning Ms. Seo.", Haru greets with a sly smile. She giggles knowing what her expression meant when her eyes landed on her blossoming table.

 

A big bouquet of colorful tulips welcoming her morning. Every morning became like this. Beautifully arranged flowers would be waiting for her in the office. Although there would be different kinds everyday, each one brought a special beat in her heart.

 

Your lips still give the brightest glow.

PS. They're the sweetest too. ;)

- C

 

Flowers weren't the only ones she looks forward to each day. Hand written letters sealed in an envelope would bring a natural blush to her cheeks.

 

Thank you. The card though -_-

- Seri

 

Hahahaha. You have yourself to blame for that.

- Chanyeol

 

Hmp!

- Seri

 

Aw. Sorry. I'll write something sweet tomorrow.

- Chanyeol

 

This is already sweet. Thank you.

- Seri

 

I know. Haha.

- Chanyeol

 

-_-

- Seri

 

I love you.

- Chanyeol

 

He was never ashamed to tell her so. Just like how embraces became natural and holding hands were longed for. He'd kiss her hand when he gets the chance with secured caresses to let her know he's hers.

 

Though both were busy, they'd find a way to meet. Dinner was always the best time. In some days, when he's too busy, Seri brought food to his office so they could share a meal.

 

He would clear a day or two of his schedule during weekends so they could visit her family as what her father requested. Through those days, he was able to spend more time with her family. With high hopes, he wished it will give way to get their approval.

 

Sometimes she'd watch him do farm work together with her father. Although it was all new for him, Chanyeol never ceases to help out. Seri saw the determination in him. The sacrifices and effort he gives were all deeply appreciated.

 

"Just look at those two. Yeonu really enjoys playing with him." Sayi comments while she watched her son playing football with his uncle Chanyeol.

 

"Yeonu remembers him well."

 

"Yeah. We used to make up excuses to him before when you two broke up." Not to hurt his son's innocent mind, Sayi would make up stories to him whenever he would come looking for Chanyeol. Seri could never answer such a question from him during those days. She could just smile at her nephew. Sayi would always be the one to save her with quick excuses. The young boy would naturally believe his mother without knowing the real reason behind his auntie's frail smiles.

 

"Unnie!"

 

"Am I wrong?"

 

Seri ignores her unnie's mocking as she helps out in folding the laundry.

 

"So, I heard you two have been going out often lately."

 

"Well, we're kind of working together."

 

"You know that's not what I meant."

 

Seri fell silent. There was no lying to her sister whatsoever. She was the person who truly knew her even without speaking.

 

"Listen. I'm not saying that it's wrong. I can't blame you two. I mean, you were almost married after all."

 

There was a crack in her chest after her sister's statement. No one still knew of their pretentious past.

 

"It's not surprising if you still feel the same way. Clearly, Chanyeol is trying. He's really giving his best to make you two work."

 

A genuine smile came across her lips. She knew truly that he was. Sayi watched her sister, reading her expressions. She was thankful that Seri wouldn't deny Chanyeol's efforts but at the same time in worry about it. She reached for her sister's hand to let her know of her feelings.

 

"But I don't think you are."

 

Smile turned into concern and guilt, realizing what her unnie meant.

 

"What's stopping you?"

 

It was true. There has been a distinct pull from her ever since. She was in continues doubt but couldn't find the courage to fight over it.

 

"I don't know what to do.", she surrenders to her sister, letting all her worries out.

 

"I mean what if.. what if we try again and the same thing happens? What if it doesn't work out and we just lose the friendship that we have now?"

 

"But what if it works?"

 

Seri sighs with no answer to give her sister. She had been too blinded by her fears that she failed to consider the same question.

 

"Okay just think about this.. what if Chanyeol meets someone else? Someone who's not doubting on what she feels for him?"

 

"Will you be okay watching that? To see him giving the same efforts he's giving you now, or maybe even more?"

 

Sayi waited for her sister's response although there were no words she could give. Only the silence of her cheerless face could be seen. Even when she knew, Sayi still had to make Seri answer her.

 

"Can you handle that?"

 

"No." Seri feels a thorn in heart just imagining how it would be.

 

"You're scared I know. That's normal. But you have to stop fearing of the what if's and start seeing what is."

 

"Are you two fighting again?" Their mother walks in on them as they were talking.

 

"Ani eomma.", they answered in unison.

 

"You're unnie's scolding you about your love life?", she whispers to her youngest one although Sayi still heard it. She observes her daughter's detached self in front of her. 

 

"What should I do Eomma?"

 

"No one can dictate you on that honey."

 

"You know, I would never forget the day you two first came into this house and told us you were getting married. You were so sure."

 

Seri bitterly smiled at the memory of that day. If only her mother knew how she trembled.

 

"But I would also never forget the day you said the wedding won't push through. I was hurt a thousand more to see you crying because I also knew you still loved him deeply."

 

She saw her daughter bow her head as the tears started to form in her eyes. There was no need to speak of what was already seen through her. Right then, she knew her daughter's true feelings.

 

"I never saw you hate him. And many times I watch you still hope."

 

"And now he's here."

 

Seri lightly lifted her head at her mother's words. Comfort started to build in her.

 

"You and Chanyeol have been given the chance to make things right. Not everyone is given another chance like this."

 

"Even if you don't say anything, I know he still holds your heart. But the fear of going through the same pain holds you back. I understand." She firmly held her youngest hand passing on the courage in her.

 

"But for what I know as well, I didn't raise the two of you scared to take on life."

 

 

**

 

 

The long day of playing with Yeonu tires all of Chanyeol's muscles up. The young boy's energy seem to never decrease with his continuous games.

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

After a refreshing shower that relaxed his body, Chanyeol heads to Seri's room. He felt bad about not having to spend time with her. Yeonu had occupied so much of his attention that they weren't able to speak.

 

"Seri?", he calls as he peeks inside the room.

 

His eyes scanned the area but without a sign of her inside. He casually enters her place to wait for her.

 

Seri's room was neat and clean as she always wanted it to be. Her bed fixed complete with small stuff toys. All her books were arranged accordingly on the shelf. Not a spot of dirt to be seen anywhere in her space.

 

"Eo?"

 

As Chanyeol scanned her room, his eyes caught attention on a box by her desk. He doesn't remember seeing the box before making him ask its presence.

 

His nosy self didn't think twice about opening it. With much curiosity he took a look at what's inside.

 

Old pictures of her smiles to him. A wide grin followed on his face as he scanned them one by one. Class pictures, field trips, summer outings. He then stops at a familiar photo inside.

 

It was her lockscreen before. A photo of her holding a big bouquet when she was in her teen years. The field of flowers as her background while she smiled so sweetly to the camera. It was the same picture he saw on her phone that night he planned to confess to her. The same photo that made him remember who she really was. He chuckles at the memory. She had fallen asleep that night but still he kept on talking.

 

What a pabo., he told himself.

 

He continued to look inside the box. From what he saw, it contained memories from her childhood. Mostly, from highschool. He chuckled along with everything he encountered.

 

The chuckle though was replaced with a surprised smile when another familiar material caught his eye. The memory of meeting her for the first time came back to him with a tingle in his heart.

 

"What are you doing?", Seri walks in. However, his back faced her making it impossible to see what he was up to.

 

"I knew you remembered me.", he grins.

 

"Huh?"

 

He shows her the yellow umbrella he gave that day. A few years ago, it was the same umbrella that sheltered them from the rain.

 

Seri was surprised from what he showed. But didn't deny to his words.

 

"So you kept this?"

 

"I planned to give it back you know? But.. I never saw you again."

 

"Oh.. after the accident, halmeoni and I.."

 

"Sorry. I didn't mean to.", she took her words back as Chanyeol was explaining. She worri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter