XXV.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Listen up! For today, I'll give you a chance to talk to your partners. The project I told you to do should be done by tomorrow on the next day after that each of you would be reporting it to me along with your other professors." Mr. Lee announces.


"Take down some of these notes before you group yourselves."


"Where's Chanyeol?", Mari asks.


"I don't know."


Seri looks around but found no sign of Chanyeol in the room.


What happened to him? Seri tried not to over think but deep inside, she was very worried. She didn't know where he went after he drove her home. Just as she thought that the old cheerful Chanyeol she once knew was back, he quickly drifted to the depressed and lonely him. It truly hurt her whenever she sees him in the same state. She just wanted him to stop being sad even if he wouldn't remember her anymore. The days that they had spent together was special to her and it was real. However, she can't stop worrying whenever she sees the sadness in his eyes. If only she knew how to take them away.


"He's just late.", Mari reassures her friend.


"Anymore questions? Okay, go move along so you could discuss."


Seri didn't stand up. She doesn't have a partner to talk with. She opened her book to start working by herself. They needed to be finished by tomorrow so they could get ready with the report but there were a lot of things left to do. Minutes pass and still there was no Chanyeol. She tried to focus on her work yet still worried for him.


"Sorry I'm late."


Seri got startled when she heard a deep voice whisper on to her ear. Chanyeol sits beside her quietly. Seri observes the tall boy bringing his stuff out his bag. She wanted to ask him if he's okay, where he had been, has he eaten. She wanted to ask all those questions but could not bring herself to do so.


"What did I miss?"


"We have to report on Friday."


"Friday?"


"And well, we have to be finished with this by tomorrow so.."


"Tomorrow? That won't be good, we're just half done with it."


"I know. We kind of need to cram."


Chanyeol nodds in agreement.


"Don't take this the wrong way, what do you say we work at one of our places tonight so we could finish up?"


Seri got nervous with his invitation but she knew they needed it. She also thought of it as an opportunity to know about him more. Atleast if they were together, she wouldn't have to worry much.


"My place might not be comfortable enough."


"Okay. So we'll be at my house then. Kang Joon and Sung Woo would be there with us."


"Halmeoni?"


"She's still in the hospital. Other helpers are with her."
 

**


"Do you want to come in?", Seri asks Chanyeol when they arrive at her apartment after school.


"Okay."


Seri anxiously opens her door. She didn't know how'd he react. Her place was much smaller than his. Heck! His room might even be bigger.


Chanyeol looks around while she gets her things in her room. Her apartment says a lot about Seri's personality. It was definately small but it was clean and welcoming, not a speck of dust would be visible. Everything was neatly arranged. From the books on the shelves down to the pieces of decorations she has. The walls were bright, several frames hanging. He saw a two seater sofa, a flower vase on the center table, facing her television set once he entered. The kitchen on the left side. Pots, pans and her utensils organized accordingly. Her dining place is a small table with two seats. A balcony is at the center of the room viewing the city. She has a few flowering plants placed there. The flowers bloom beautifully.

Chanyeol smiles when he saw the flowers. They are as pretty as her.


Seri steps out her room with her bag. She saw Chanyeol looking over the flowers in her balcony.


"You like flowers?", he asks.


"There's not a girl that doesn't."


"I'm not really good in planting fruit bearing plants but I'm pretty good with flowering ones."


"Yeah I can see that. How many kinds do you have here?"


"Uhhh well I have gerberas and carnations and roses just in different colors.", she answers with a smile.


Chanyeol stares at her. She looked so happy while she talked of the flowers.


"Chanyeol?"


Seri tries to get Chanyeol's attention. He was left in a daze. Chanyeol didn't realize that she had stopped talking and he was blankly looking at her.


"Why would you say it's not comfortable here?", he asks looking away.


"It's a little too small don't you think?"


"It is but it's cozy, clean and it smells really good in here.", Chanyeol explains as he makes himself comfortable on the sofa.


Seri laughs with his complement.


"Thank you but I think we have to go?"


**

Chanyeol and Seri starts to work on their project after dinner. They stayed at Chanyeol's study room and went on until late at night. Both of them are determined to finish up.


"You can go sleep. The guest room is ready.", Chanyeol says when he saw Seri yawn.


"No. I'm fine just a few more anyways."


"Do you want some coffee?"


"Hhmm.. do you have a chocolate drink instead?"


"I'm not sure. I'll go and take a look."


"I'll come with you."


They went to the kitchen to look for a chocolate drink that Seri wants. A little break won't hurt if it will wake their almost sleeping minds.


"Shh.. don't be so noisy we might wake your helpers.", Seri hushes him when Chanyeol accidentally drops a spoon making a loud noise on the floor.


"Okay. Here's your chocolate."


"We need to heat this off where are your pots?"


"In that cabinet may be.", He points at the lower counter.


Seri takes a pot, opens the stove and starts to make their chocolate drink.


"You don't drink coffee?", he asks sitting on the high chair by the counter.


She shakes her head then looks behind her. She sees Chanyeol with his chin supported by his right hand already looking sleepy.


"It tastes' bitter."


He snorts. "It's supposed to."


"I know. I like this much better. It's sweet."


Chanyeol watch her stir their late night drink. He smiles adoring her every move. Chanyeol would not admit it but he likes having her around. He's comfortable with her now.


May be that's why you're such a sweet girl. You don't eat bitter stuff.


"Cups?"


He points at the cups beside her.


"Ohh.. Oops!"


"You're sleepier than I thought."


She lets off a small giggle before handing him his drink. Seri sits beside him while blowing on her cup.


"It's a little too hot. Sorry."


"Sorry."


Seri glances at Chanyeol who was already looking at her.


"About what?"


"Where do I start? A few months ago, when I got sick and I didn't attend the supposed to be date for my special exams, you came and.." he sighs "I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry."


"Ahh", she looks down and plays with her fingers. Seri remembered the incident they had. The memory hurt her and all she wanted is to just forget it and move on.


"I understand if you couldn't forgive me but I truly apologize. I have no excuse for it."


"Tell you what, I would forgive you if you forgive me about yesterday."


"Yesterday?"


"With the faking and stuff."


Chanyeol looked at her mixed-up. What happened yesterday wasn't as heavy as his sin to her but she was willing to forgive him in exchange with that.


"What do you say we start over and just forget about it?"


"Hi I'm Seo Seri.", she looks at Chanyeol for his turn, her palms waiting for a hand shake.


"Are you serious? You're going to just let that go and forgive me?"


Seri's lips kept its smile. Chanyeol was still confused but her smile shows sincerity.


"Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.", he takes her hand for a gentle shake. Seri hopes it'll be the beginning, or rather the continuation of their interrupted friendship that started eight years ago.


**


Chanyeol and Seri woke up late the morning after. They had achieved in finishing their project at the consequence of not having enough sleep.


"You go. This is Min Woo he'll drive you to the campus. I need to be somewhere first."


"Are you going to halmeoni?"


"No. But I'll drop by there later after class. Can you come? She's looking for you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter