XLIX.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Numerous thoughts ran into Seri's mind as she laid on her bed that night. Day after day, surprises would barge into her life. After reading the web-magazine article Mari showed her, she can't help but feel bothered. News did spread about Chanyeol and her after they announced their engagement, but it was already expected. What she didn't expect was the press keeping their eyes on them. And Kai, she felt bad that Kai got involved with the issues they're facing.

 

Ring Ring Ring

 

"Hello?"

 

"Seri! I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry.", Sehun immediately apologizes the second he realized Seri answered his phone call. The panic in his voice made Seri's lips form a small smile. He's such a kid, she thought.

 

"Are you still mad?" Sehun asked when he got no response from her.

 

"It's fine now. Though you have some serious making up to do.", she teased.

 

"I will. I will."

 

"I'll wait for that then."

 

"Uhh Seri?", Sehun hesitated, but he just can't let the issue pass.

 

"Hhmm?"

 

"Mari told me.."

 

"I really don't want to talk about it at the moment Sehun.", she cut him off, knowing what he would say next.

 

"Okay. I understand. But promise me we'll meet up when I get back okay?"

 

"I promise."

 

At this point, she wanted to ask him. She wanted to hear it straight from her bestfriend if he really was with Chanyeol. And if he is, how is he doing? After everything that had happened, does it even affect him a tiny bit? She wanted to know that he does. That may be just a small part of Chanyeol feels bad about what he did or even regrets it.

 

Sehun hears nothing but silence on Seri's line. He thought that may be she really doesn't want to talk. He also understood how his bestfriend wanted space. But at least now, he's sure she doesn't feel bad of him no longer. It should do for now.

 

"Okay then, well I have to go now. Got an early schedule tomorrow."

 

"Ahh okay then. Take care and good luck with the project."

 

"Thanks. Call me whenever you need anything okay?"

 

"Okay.. uhh Sehun?", she asked just before they ended the call.

 

"Eo?"

 

"Do you?... Do you think you can give me Kai's number?"

 

Sehun was dumbfounded at Seri's question. Why should she want Kai's number?

   

**

   

"Thankyou gentlemen, I'll be waiting for the reports until tomorrow morning then we should get into further work after that." The board then stood up and exited the conference room one by one after Chanyeol closed the second meeting he had for this morning.

 

Sehun watched the older one sat on his chair, rubbing his forehead at the amount of work waiting for hin. Ever since he came back from China, Chanyeol faced nothing but the toxic schedule for this upcoming project. He understands for he had to deal with the same thing. Although, the pressure in Chanyeol is far greater than his.

 

The only reason Sehun got involved with the project is because of Chanyeol. After halmeoni's sudden attack, he came straight home which angered some big investors. But Chanyeol was also quick enough to ask Sehun if he could take over while Chanyeol stayed back with his grandmother. There was no way Sehun would deny that favor. He knew the struggle Chanyeol faced. He was grateful that he was the first one he asked for help at a desperate time like this.

 

Sehun didn't want to disappoint him nor the Galaxy Corp.'s good name. He did everything he could to make the situation better. However it was still not enough, Chanyeol still had to deal with so much stress.

 

"Sorry, I overlooked that one.."

 

"Don't apologize. If you didn't act fast enough it should be a much bigger problem. Our people will take care of it. It's nothing to be worried about now." ,he reassured the younger one as they were left alone in the room.

 

"Then what's stressing you out?"

 

A deep sigh escaped Chanyeol's lips as he thought of his baggage all over again.

 

Sehun kept his eyes on him while he waited patiently for what he'd say.

 

Is it Seri? If it wasn't work then it should only be Seri.

 

Mari told him how Seri was when they talked. Sehun had mixed emotions, hearing Seri's words through Mari but it wasn't hard not to get mad at him. He knew of his history, he was a witness to what Chanyeol had been through. As both their friends, he felt bad that he couldn't do anything to help them.

 

"Did you know of that report?", Chanyeol suddenly asked, not making eye contact.

 

Report? Does he mean? So he saw that.

 

"Has Seri seen it? Did she tell you anything?" Chanyeol finally glances at Sehun, waiting for his answer.

 

"Mari showed her. She didn't say anything though."

 

"I don't want those reporters coming after Seri and asking her stuff." he explained himself.

 

Sehun understands his frustration now. It shouldn't be easy to protect Seri from things he cannot control. While everyone is busy excitedly waiting for their wedding, here they are struggling with their relationship. Who knows if there will be any wedding at all? Because from the looks of it, Sehun doesn't think Chanyeol would push through with the wedding. He already asked Seri to forget him and unlove him. Seri must be so hurt but he could also see how much pain Chanyeol is going through.

 

"How about you talk to Jongdae hyung? He might be able to help."

 

Kim Jongdae owns one of the top entertainment companies of their country. His family is very influential with the press, giving Sehun the idea of asking for his help. Despite his loud attitude, he's also a hyung who's always ready to give a helping hand. To ask for a small favor like this wouldn't be a sweat for him.

 

"I can call him for you.", Sehun suggests as he still watched Chanyeol's down expression.

 

"Thank you.", he only whispered back.

 

 

**

 

 

The sun shown brightly that afternoon as Seri peeks around the park, looking around for any sign of the person she'd meet today. It has already been half an hour since their agreed meeting time and yet he hasn't showed up.

 

May be he's not coming.

 

She started to feel irritated with the thought. At least he should have told her if he wasn't coming right? It was her day off and yet she had already wasted thirty minutes of it just waiting for Kai to arrive.

 

The night Sehun called her, she asked for Kai's number because she wanted to apologize to him for getting involve with her issues with Chanyeol. She felt bad that he had to answer those questions when he knew nothing of the problems they were facing. At first Sehun was oblivious with the thought, but after she explained to him of her reasons, he gave her his number. She texted Kai the morning after but instead of forgiving her right then, Kai demanded to be treated at a nearby restaurant. And now, she still waits for him when she should be going back to halmeoni.

 

"Wow you actually showed up?"

 

Seri glances at the direction of the familiar voice. There she saw Kai with his signiture smirk as his hands were placed in his pockets, looking very relaxed.

 

"Let's go?"

 

Isn't he even going to apologize for being late?

 

Seri stood up following Kai behind as they headed to the restaurant he talked about.

 

"Sorry I took so long, Rahee won't make me leave.", Kai shortly explained when they finally sat in the restaurant.

 

Rahee? His girlfriend may be?

 

"You should have told me. We can just cancel or take her with you."

 

"Ah no. Don't bother that. It's all good now. You wouldn't want her around."

 

What the? This is trouble.

 

Seri can't help but feel worried with the thought of Kai's girlfriend not wanting him to be here. She doesn't want anyone to put colors out of her and Kai.

 

"Kai does your girlfriend even know where you are?"

 

"Girlfriend?"

 

The young man goes confused at the question she gave. He tries to think back of any occasion where she could possibly get the idea from.

 

"You mean Rahee?"

 

A short chuckle left his chest at the realization of Seri's words. The expression in Seri's face says it all. She thought Rahee was his girlfriend.

 

"Rahee isn't my girlfriend she's my niece."

 

Niece?

 

Kai goes laughing again, watching Seri's reaction. She couldn't hide her embarrassed face.

 

Seri ignored his gleeful laughter, scooping on her soup while she just waited for him to stop.

 

Kai watched her eat, wiping small tears that formed at how hilarious he found Seri to be. Later on, he found himself staring at the small face in front of him.

 

She really is pretty. No wonder hyung fell for you, he told himself.

 

"What?", she asked a little irritated as she found Kai looking blankly.

 

He smirked, getting fond of the girl with such a pretty face.

 

"So tell me? Is it true?" Excitement in his eyes as he asked Seri who was still sipping her soup quietly.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Eiii.. is the wedding really happening soon?"

 

A sudden jolt of loneliness rushed through Seri as she realized what Kai asked. He knew nothing of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter