XLII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Spring had started to blow its wind around the city. The season of new beginnings with the promise of new prosperity and potential has begun.

 

The trees had started to grow its buds with newly built nests for the city birds. Flowers bloom as the buzzing bees started to show up with the sun shinning brightly above.

 

Sehun cleared his throat as he handed a beer to Chanyeol. He was at the roof top, staring blankly at the view by himself when Sehun saw him.

 

"Where'd you get that?"

 

"I saw you come up here so I went to the nearest convenient store to buy one before following you."

 

Chanyeol took it with a smirk on his face, tasting the beer going down his throat.

 

"Thank you for driving Seri home the other day."

 

"No problem. She told me about your problems though."

 

"Which one?"

 

"Wow! There must be a lot... Well, there's having no time for each other. She said you changed but she's confused to why. There were promises you two made and a pendant she held. She said she doesn't want to give up, but she's hurt. She wants you to stay in her life and she's hoping you'd let her stay in yours."

 

Chanyeol hummed in response as he drank more of the beer.

 

"Did I miss anything?"

 

"No. That was more or less the summary of everything."

 

"What's your side of the story then?"

 

"I messed up."

 

"That's it."

 

"Yup! Do me a favor will you?"

 

Chanyeol turned to Sehun after he finished his beer. Sehun looked at him, waiting for what he would say next.

 

"Take care of her. Just make sure she's smiling everyday."

 

"Wasn't that your promise? That you'd make her smile everyday. That you would protect and save her."

 

Chanyeol smirked again, looking away.

 

"Trust me. I'm trying to save her from more crying so she could continue to smile. I'm protecting her from me."

 

"From the looks of it, this isn't what she wants."

 

"It's what we need. She knows that. She should know better."

 

The younger man sighs in defeat. Even if he wanted to fight for what Seri feels, he was not in the right position to do so. Their relationship remains between the two of them. He respects that.

 

"She wanted to give you this personally but she doubts you'll agree on meeting up."

 

Sehun fishes a small box in his pocket, handing it to Chanyeol.

 

With a heavy heart and a brittle smile on his face, Chanyeol opened the box, displaying the engagement ring and the pendant inside. The vows they made that night and the time they had spent together all flashed back into him. He quickly closed the box before his eyes wouldn't be able to hold his tears. Chanyeol moved to walk away from Sehun, placing the box inside his pocket.

 

"Don't do this Chanyeol. This would be the biggest mistake you'll ever make. And you know you'll regret it."

 

"Then learn from my mistakes. This would be the biggest favor I'll ever ask from you. Don't ever let Seri cry. Do that, and I will owe you for the rest of my life."

 

Chanyeol continued to walk away, leaving Sehun alone with his beer on the roof top.

 

"Make sure you don't get caught Sehun-ah.", he said with a sincere smile before stepping in the building again.

 

Sehun's eyes widen hearing Chanyeol call him that way. At that sentence alone, he felt like as if they were friends again. It made him realize and decide on what role he would play for Chanyeol and Seri's story.

 

 

**

 

 

"Kai-yah!" Sehun exclaims as he shook Kai on the bed. He was still sleeping that afternoon with his whole room messed up.

 

"Eo?" , he groggily answered.

 

"We need to talk. Hurry get up! Aish! Why are you still sleeping?"

 

"My body clock haven't adjusted. What do you want to talk about?" an irritated Kai greeted him while he sat on the bed, exposing his upper body, still half asleep.

 

"What do you think of Seri?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Seri, what do you think of her?"

 

"What are you trying to say? Don't tell me you like her. You got a girlfriend right? Plus she's Chanyeol hyungs'- agh!"

 

Sehun hit him with a pillow to stop him from talking.

 

"Okay. She's pretty. I think she's pretty plus her quiet behavior makes her interesting."

 

Sehun hit him again hearing his answer.

 

"What? You asked for it."

 

"Do you like her?", Sehun asked using his serious tone.

 

"Eiiii... She just makes me curious."

 

Another strong hit from Sehun landed on his head.

 

"WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!"

 

"Don't you dare think of any dirty thoughts with her.", Sehun warned.

 

"Aish! I'm going back to sleep. Leave."

 

"I need your help."

 

"With what?", Kai asked, laying on his bed again.

 

"With Seri."

 

"Yah! What are you trying to do here? You have a girl friend.", he exclaimed using his index finger, pointing at him.

 

Sehun angled to hit Kai again but he blocked it this time.

 

"Let me finish."

 

"Okay. What is it?"

 

"Do you like her?"

 

"What the- what kind of question is that?"

 

"Answer me!"

 

"I told you. I'm curious of her. BUT!" Kai quickly blocks Sehun's attempt in hitting him again.

 

"But I won't do anything. She's Chanyeol hyung's fiance. I don't do that. That's too much trouble."

 

"What if I tell you they broke up?"

 

"Really?! Why?!", he immediately sat down, getting attentive.

 

Sehun hit him again seeing the excitement in his face when he told him about Chanyeol and Seri's breaking up.

 

"Is it wrong to get curious of that?"

 

"Don't you dare make any moves on her Kim Kai."

 

"Why are you telling me all this?" Kai rolled his eyes, not understanding where their conversation is going.

 

"Because I need your help to get them back together."

 

"What? That's their relationship. Let them deal with it.", he brushed Sehun off, getting ready to lay down on his bed again.

 

"If you help me, I'll introduce you to some one."

 

"What makes you think that will drag me into helping you? I'm Kim Kai." He turned his back on him, his sheets covering his entire body.

 

"Okay then, if you don't help me, I'll tell your noona about how you failed your college subjects in the states and I gave you money so you could pay some damages you did during a fight in the campus."

 

"Yah!", he sat back up.

 

"So?"

 

Kai scratched his head, annoyed with his friend.

 

"What's your plan?"

 

"Make Chanyeol jealous?"

 

"What?", he shot Sehun a surprised glare.

 

"Try to get along with Seri.. BUT YOU'RE NOT TO MAKE ANY MOVES ON HER."

 

"Get along with her?"

 

"Yes. And make sure Chanyeol sees that."

 

"I still don't get it."

 

"Mari thinks that, if Chanyeol sees that Seri could be taken away from him by someone else, he'd get to his senses and treat Seri right."

 

"And you want me to play the 'someone else' part?"

 

"Yes."

 

"But isn't Chnayeol hyung a bit scary for this? What if he just punches me?"

 

"Then punch him back."

 

"Yah! That'll ruin our company's relationship with the Parks. Plus unlike you, hyung and I don't hate each other. We're not that close but he's fine with me."

 

Sehun rolled his eyes at the coward Kai's starting to look like.

 

"If you won't make any big moves on her, Chanyeol wouldn't punch you so don't you dare. Because if you do, you'd get a punch from me too."

 

"What's wrong with you right now? You tell me to make him jealous but you don't want me to make any moves. What exactly am I supposed to do, just stand beside her?"

 

"Yes."

 

Kai groans in irritation, scratching his head with both of his hands now.

 

"Are you in?"

With a finger on his chin, Kai thought hard before answering.

 

"Besides giving me a date, you have to treat me for the rest of the month."

 

"Call."

 

"And if Chanyeol hyung gets mad at me, I'm dragging you into it. You explain to him."

 

"Call."

 

They shook hands, closing their little deal. Kai didn't ask anymore questions. He rather went back to his sleep as Sehun still stood in his room, rolling his eyes at Kai's behavior.

 

This better work., Sehun told himself.

 

 

**

 

 

With the chirping of the birds, the colorful butterflies, and the abundant blooming of flowers, spring is definit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter