XXVI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their final project which would determine their march for graduation would happend today. It felt like another thesis except this time they would defend it as partners.


Seri sits down nervously waiting for their turn in reporting. Chanyeol sits beside her. Unlikely Seri, he was relaxed. Not a sign of anxiousness visible in him.


"Hey. Breathe."


"Huh?"


"It won't do good if you're too nervous."


"Sorry. I couldn't help it."


"We'll be fine."


"How are you so sure?"


"Because I'm Park Chanyeol."


Seri bites her lower lip.


"And Seo Seri is my partner."


He reassures her holding Seri's hand. Seri smiles when she heard his sweet statement. He was right. They both worked hard for this. It wasn't easy but they had managed. It should be fine.


"Mr. Park and Ms. Seo?", they heard their names called.


Seri takes a deep breath. They eneter the room and saw three of their professors patiently waiting for them. Chanyeol gets ready first while Seri prepares for their presentation. She watched Chanyeol confidently speak infront of the panel. He points out and explains each part clearly. He looked like a real business man presenting for the board of directors. No doubt he's a Park. It runs in his blood. Seri admires him more and more. Chanyeol was ready to step into the office and claim his place. Halmeoni wouldn't have to worry about their comapny once she retires. Her grandson can very well take care of it. Seri was sure.


Their report ended after a long two hours. They both step out the room feeling relieved.


"You did great."


"You talk. You looked like the CEO of your company.", she says clapping her hands for him.


"CEO's don't report."


"Well whatever it is. Halmeoni would be so proud. You're ready for the position.", she cheers for him.


"Thank you!" Chanyeol smiled back.


"What do you say we eat out? To celebrate."


Seri paused. She wanted to go with him but she had promised to go with her friends tonight. They agreed to meet to make it up for not being able to spend time together. 


"Well is it okay if we go with Mari, Jiyah and Sehun? We kind of agreed to meet afterwards."


"Sure. Where are they?", Chanyeol didn't think twice.


"Really?"


"Yeah. Why not?"


"Okay."
 

**


Chanyeol and Seri arrives at the diner Seri and her friends usually go to.


"This place might be new for you."


"It is. A little."


"But the food is really delicious. Don't worry they aren't sweet.", she giggles.


Chanyeol chuckles. They step inside and looked around.


"Is that Seri and Chanyeol?", Mari points.


Sehun looks over to confirm it. He sees Seri standing beside Chanyeol looking for them.

They came together?


"Behave.", he heard Mari tell him.


"Wow! Over here!", Jiyah shouts.


"They're over there Seri."
 

Chanyeol and Seri walked towards her friends. They sat beside each other along with Jiyah opposite Mari and Sehun.


"So how'd it go?", Jiyah breaks the cold air.


"It was good. Mr. Lee really liked it. How about yours?"


"That's nice.", Mari congratulated.


"Well it went pretty smoothly. Daehan did most of the talking so it was great. You should ask Mari and Sehun.", Jiyah points laughing.

 

Seri turns to them.


"We were okay except Sehun had a little debate with Mr. Yoo."


"Why?"


Mari waits for Sehun to answer the question. The three girls look over at him although he did not seem to be paying attention to the conversation. He was glaring down at Chanyeol who was busy picking on what to eat over the menu.

 
Chanyeol was aware of the deadly looks he was getting from the guy in front of him. He didn't mind it though. He knew Sehun didn't like it that he was with them most especially arriving with Seri but Chanyeol didn't care of what he thought or felt. He likes having Seri around, that is what mattered to him and no one, not even Sehun could stop him.

"I knew this wasn't a good idea.", Seri whispered to her girlfriends.

Mari kicks Sehun's foot to get his attention. She was only successful after three attempts. He finally looks over to her feeling a little painful.

"Let's switch.", she says in a low commanding tone.

"What?"

"Switch seats with me."

"No."
 
"Now."

He altered his eyes to Seri and Jiyah. Seri looks at him with pleading eyes. Sehun was left with no choice but to follow her.  
"This is so awkward.", Jiyah says.

"Have you picked something you like?", Seri asks Chanyeol not wanting to prolong the uneasy air.

"No. Not yet."

"Do you want me to order for you instead? We usually have the chicken wings. It's a little sweet though."

"Okay. I'll get that then."

"Great. And a frappe for your drink?"

"Sure." Chanyeol signals a waiter to come over so he could get their orders.

"They look really close now.", Jiyah whispers.

"I know. It's cute.", Mari whispers back trying not to let Seri and Chanyeol hear them.

Sehun observes them. He did not think of it as cute but he does agree with Jiyah. They do look comfortable with each other now. He still didn't trust Chanyeol though. He could never forgive him for what he has done and it angers him to know that Seri already had.
  **

"My dad wants me to go for my masters right after graduation.", Jiyah shares her debate with her father as she munches on her food.

"You're dad just wants what's the best for you.", Mari comments.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter