LX.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People pass by the tall skyscrapers of the city. Most of which in their office attires. The busy street spared no patience as everything moved in a fast pace.

 

A long glass table carried two lines of folders. Gentlemen sat on their seats, listening to the person presiding the meeting.

 

"Chanyeol?"

 

"CEO Park did you hear me?"

 

Sehun glanced at Chanyeol in front of him. His eyes were focused on his folder yet they were unresponsive of any calls. Yifan had called him many times, asking about an investors status. However, Chanyeol failed to hear him.

 

The rest of the group turned to him puzzled as well. It was new to see Chanyeol at loss during a meeting. He was weirdly distracted today. Usually he'd listen and talk his thoughts out boldly.

 

His behavior created a tension inside the conference room. Yifan's eye begin to twitch, getting no response from him.

 

Sehun begins to sit up straight, clearing his throat before speaking to save Chanyeol. But before he got the chance to say a word, Yifan gives a hand signal to him, telling him to stop. His eyes kept its stare on Chanyeol, observing.

 

"Sehun-ah, what's wrong with him?" Sehun ignores Baekhyun's whisper as he continued to watch Chanyeol. Yifan got more and more impatient with every second passing. Luckily, Kyungsoo, who was sitting right beside Chanyeol, successfully caught his attention after several kicks to his shin.

 

Through Kyungsoo's signals, Chanyeol finally notices the others' attention to him. His confused reaction was too obvious to every one. It only made Yifan more furious of him.

 

"Should we reschedule this meeting until you're ready CEO Park?", Yifan sharply asked.

 

"Ah.. no. I'm sorry."

 

"Focus Chanyeol."

   

**

   

"Ahhh!! That was so nerve-wrecking. What just happened there?" As the meeting came to an end, Kai can't help but ask Sehun about the incident.

 

Chanyeol on the other hand, exited the place without sparing another breath inside the room. Even Kai and Sehun was left into confusion.

 

"Is everything okay?", Suho asked, worried of Chanyeol's behavior.

 

"We honestly don't know hyung. He's been like that for days.", Kai answers.

 

"You two are the closest to him so try to help him out. Tell us if there's anything you need." The caring hyung, Jongdae, offers.

   

**

 

 

The grey walls decorated with frames of the same sizes hung inside Chanyeol's office. His wide table, neatly holds his papers and pens all for work. However, they were all forgotten as Chanyeol stared blankly at his window wall.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing there? We have to meet with Mr. Han in a while. Let's go."

 

"Hyung?"

 

"Aish. How are we going to do this?", Kai felt exhausted with Chanyeol actions.

 

"Go get ready. I'll bring him there.", Sehun speaks up.

 

The two men were left inside his office while Sehun contemplated on how to talk to him.

 

"Do you have any news on Seri?"

 

Seri?


Sehun was surprised that he talked first but his very question was enough. He quickly understood why he was acting the way he was.

 

"Mari said she's busy with work. Why? Did something happen?"

 

"I'm not exactly sure."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I've been trying to reach her for days but I'm getting no response what so ever."

 

"Did you fight?"

 

"That's the weird part. We didn't."

 

Eii Seri..  what did you do to this guy?

"Then may be she's just really busy."

 

A heavy sigh escaped Chanyeol's chest making Sehun smirk. He was in a deep thought all because of Seri.

 

"What's all the fuss about anyway? Why'd you want to talk to her?" Even if he knew the reason, Sehun wanted to hear it from him.

 

"I just want to talk."

 

"I'm here. We can talk.", he teases, receiving a glare from the older one. Sehun chuckles at his reaction completely amused.

 

"Arraseo. I have nothing against you and Seri talking but let me just remind you that Seri isn't the only person you should be talking to." Chanyeol looks at him confused.

 

"Mr. Han is waiting. Yixing hyung was asking me about this project's status and well, we still got nothing." Sehun added, clearing it out for  Chanyeol.

 

"Aish. I still can't read this Mr. Han." he scartches his head, annoyed by the old man's name.

 

"We still have to go though."

   

**

   

One of the tallest building's in China stood high in the middle of the city. Han Banks Corporation under the name of its very owner, President Han Xilu.

 

President Han is known for his respectable name not only in the business world but also for his charities and out reach events. His good name was built through giving back and sharing. He is a man of both integrity and moral. However, he was also not an easy man when it comes to business. For months, Galaxy Corp., had been trying to work in partner with him through Chanyeol. And for months, they continued to fail in getting his interests. 

 

"Ni hao."

 

"Oh Shanshan, what are you doing here?", Kai asked, surprised to see her inside the Han's tower.

 

"Zhang CEO told me you were having difficulties with Mr. Han so I thought may be I could help."

 

"No. It's really just fine.", Kai mumbles. Sehun, on the other hand, smiles to her before escorting her with them to the waiting area.

 

"Why did you let her come with us?" Displeased and  cranky, Kai forces Sehun to get Shanshan out of their way.

 

"Don't be like that. She's Chinese. I think she can help us understand Mr. Han better so be nice.", he answers him while they walked to a mini cafe inside the lounge.

 

"Aish. Hyung's out of focus and now this Yuan is here."

 

"Yah! You whine too much." They both look at Chanyeol and Shanshan sitting on the sofa. She seemed to be telling him something but Chanyeol paid no attention to her. Their secretaries on the other side talking to themselves as they all waited to be called.

 

"Eii look at hyung still floating. Do you think Shanshan had noticed? She keeps talking."

 

"I know now what's bothering him so much.", Sehun speaks after a sip of his coffee.

 

"Huh?"

 

"Seri haven't spoken to him since the ski trip."

 

"What? I thought they were okay. They were sitting together when we left."

 

"I know. I thought so too. But apparently Seri didn't respond to him since."

 

"Eii she's not an easy girl. Hyung should know that by now. He broke her heart of course she wouldn't just talk to him. He should at least be thankful she agreed to go together."

 

"Look at you talking. You never even had a serious relationship."

 

"Ya- Oh, Seri?" Kai's eyes widen along with his jaws dropping in full shock. Sehun followed to where he looked instantly at the mention of her name. There they saw her, Seo Seri, inside the same building on the same floor where they were. She was walking with a skinny lady as they headed to the elevators.

 

"What is she doing here?" Sehun steps to follow her.

 

"Wait. Don't go after her."

 

"What?"

 

"If hyung sees her, he won't be able to focus more. Go to the meeting with hyung and I'll follow her." Those were Kai's last words before he sprints out the lounge.

 

The elevator had already closed, carrying Seri down the building. Kai rushes to the next one as it opened within a minute. His eyes dart around in search for the slender girl with a long hair. He remembered her wearing a blue coat. A much easier color to find around the black colored coats almost everyone wore.

 

"Aish." He finally spots Seri. However, she was already outside the building, slowly walking away.

 

"Seri!.", he shouts but she didn't hear.

 

"Seri!"

 

With her small steps, Kai finally catches on to her and blocked her way. She was startled to see him as he tried to catch his breath from running.

 

"Kai? Oh my gosh. Are you okay?", she worriedly asked, bowing down to peek on his face as he leaned down to his knees.

 

"Yeah. I'm fine. Wow! You were fast."

 

"Ah sorry. But what are you doing here?"

 

"Me? Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Kai pauses after observing Seri's expression. Her smile was weak and small and her eyes looked to be disappointed.

 

"Ah Seri, are you okay?"

 

"Of course. But I have to go--"

 

"Where?"

 

"Huh?" Kai cutts her off, taking Seri a back for an answer. She didn't really know where to go. It was China afterall. She knew nothing of the whole place.

 

"Hhmmm.. do you want to have some coffee? I know a place. Come on."

   

**

 

  Braised pork, sweet and sour pork, pecking duck, friend rice, noodle soup, and dim sums of different kinds sat on the table. They all sparkled through their eyes. The sweet scent of Chinese cuisine lingered to their noses with ease.     "Nothing like a good meal after a tough day.", Shanshan exclaims.     "Aww come on you two. Cheer up! Mr. Han is a true business man of course he's not going to be easy.", she added after seeing the disappointment on the two men.     "I just don't understand why he keeps on denying us and now we have the Chao's butting in.", Sehun answers while Chanyeol kept his silence.     "Let's not talk about that now. Let's eat and gain energy so we can think."     Despite Shanshan's attempt to boost their mood up, Chanyeol remained the same. He had no strength from how the meeting with Mr. Han ended. Once again he got denied. What was even more frustrating was the competition he had to face. With the way Mr. Han had spoke to them, it seemed to be that he liked the Chao's offers more even if he gave him a much higher deal.     Sehun felt the same. Besides the disappointment and frustration, he also felt bewildered with how the meeting went.     "You guys have to eat. I ordered so many for us."     "Oh Kai?!"    

Sehun awakens from his thoughts with the mention of Kai's name. He almost forgot the other situation.

 

Shanshan was directly looking into a direction making Sehun turn.

    What the-     Kai was actually there. Just a few tables away as he talked with the receptionist. What makes it worse? He had Seri with him. Seeing that Chanyeol still didn't care of his surroundings, Sehun quickly stood up to approach the two and drag them away from the place.     "Who's that girl with him? Oh is that..." Shanshan paused, thinking.     "Chanyeol, isn't that Seri?" She tries to confirm.     As her name sneaked through his ear, his head automatically shoots up to look. His eyes directly landed at her figure as it knew all her features. Perplexed and dumbfounded he looked at her.     She's here?       **       "Yah Kim Kai!", Sehun hits his arm.     "Sehun? You're here.", Seri happily greets him with a hug.     "Hey!" There was a fake sound of happiness coming from his voice as he returned her hug. Meanwhile, his eyes darted to Kai in a glare.   Kai was in shock to see him there too. He searched for any sign of Chanyeol, hoping they could ran off before he spots Seri. However, it was all too late. He met Chanyeol's eyes with a gulp. Chanyeol had his attention to them and his expression felt fearful.   "Kai didn't tell me you'd be here too. He said you had a meeting."   "Ah yeah. It just finished."   

"Ahh I see. We can eat together now then." Her voice was so sweet and gleeful, it hurt to think how'd he push her away.

 

"Ah Seri.. uh.."

 

Kai clears his throat as a signal to make Sehun stop. There was no point. Chanyeol already saw her.

 

Seri catches on their signs. Slowly her eyes searched to where they looked.

 

Tug Tug

 

Anxious and surprised, her body became tensed. In the middle of the dinning area sat Chanyeol. He was with her, Shanshan, as they sat beside eachother on the round table.

 

Kai and Sehun were left in the middle of a situation. Seri and Chanyeol's expression tightening their airways.

 

"What do we do?", Kai mouths to Sehun.

 

"Why did you bring her here?", he shots back.

 

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Her sweet voice was gone. She sounded naive yet it was scary to them.

 

"Ah.. wait Seri. Let me explain."

 

"Explain? Explain what? There's nothing to explain."

 

It became more of a suspense now. Her smile was gone. Seri changed dramatically.

 

"Sehun!", Shanshan calls, signaling them to come sit before waving at Seri happily.

 

"Just tell them we're about to leave.", Kai speaks.

 

"But I want to eat."

 

"Ah Seri, let's eat somewhere else. I know several good--."

 

"But we're already here."

 

Numerous excuses ran into Sehun's mind just so they could slip out of the situation. He can't read what was going on Seri's mind.

 

"Aish. Let's just go then. I'm starving anyways." Kai lead the way to the table, preparing himself for what's to come.

 

"Seri, you don't have to go if you don't want to." Seri pauses in a glance to Sehun's words. She gives him a smile for always being a thoughtful friend before grabbing his arm to walk with her.

 

The food on their table gradually decreased as Kai had already begun digging in. Seri flashes a casual smile to Chanyeol and Shanshan before taking a seat in between Kai and Sehun while Chanyeol froze on his seat with nothing but a stare to her.

 

"Hello. How have you been?", Shanshan greets.

 

"You two know eachother?" Chanyeol mumbles in surprise.

 

"I told you I bumped into her at the mall. You don't remember?"

 

There was a hint of silence hitting them despite the noise around. Chanyeol continued to ask Shanshan the question to when it ever happened while the other three watched.

 

Aish. Hyung what are you doing? Kai asked himself with the sight of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter