LVI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The relaxing ambiance created by the warmth from the fireplace drifted through the room, heating the cozy little house Mari had picked to accommodate them during their small trip. Even though there was an unexpected growth in their number, the six of them had managed to settle with the room assignments.

 

 

 

The tall boys, Chanyeol and Kai would be sharing room number one while Seri and Jiyah will be sharing the second room. The third room was left for Mari and Sehun to share, giving them the private space they needed.

 

 

 

"Oh, why aren't you dressed Seri?", Mari asked after seeing Seri without her winter jacket on.

 

 

 

"Oh I'll be just staying here."

 

 

 

"What?!"

 

 

 

"Come on Seri. You can't just stay here.", Kai sulks at her.

 

 

 

Everyone except Seri were already dressed up and ready to go out. The resort offers a variety of winter activities to enjoy. But not for Seri. She wasn't the biggest fan of snow nor winter, the cold season in general.

 

 

 

"No. It's really fine. You guys enjoy yourselves."

 

 

 

"Ugh! Come on!!!", Jiyah comes dragging Seri back inside the room, determined to get her dressed.

 

 

 

Chanyeol watches the happenings on the sofa, away from the rest of the group. He heard her not wanting to come along. There was a struggle within him as well. He couldn't help but wonder if he was the reason why she didn't want to come. Was it really because he was there?

 

 

 

"She really doesn't like this kind of weather", Mari comes, sitting opposite him while they waited for Seri and Jiyah.

 

 

 

"Really?"

 

 

 

"You din't know?"

 

 

 

He shakes his head lightly in response. It felt embarrassing but this information was unknown to him.

 

 

 

"She gets cold easily. It's actually her first time in a ski resort.", Mari explains with a smile.

 

 

 

"Ahh we better make it count then huh hyung?", Kai teases with a wink, overhearing their conversation.

 

 

 

"Okay! We're ready!!", Jiyah exclaims after revealing Seri covered in a thick layer of jacket. At first, an expression of surprise showed on their faces, staring at her from head to toe. She almost disappeared from the thickness of her jacket. The rest of the group then cracks at how she looked. Except for Chanyeol, who only smiles at how tiny and cute she looked within the attire.

 

 

 

An automatic pout formed on her lips at the reaction of her friends. She turns around, ready to head back inside the room. Only Jiyah stops her, holding her shoulders to face them.

 

 

 

"She looks good right?", Jiyah asks everyone, holding Seri in place.

 

 

 

"You look fine Seri.", Sehun comments while holding his laughter.

 

 

 

Seri's pout kept its place on her face. She didn't believe him when he was obviously laughing inside. The rest gives her a thumbs up for motivation. Chanyeol, on the other hand, kept his stare at her, smiling.

 

Jiyah sees his reaction and uses it to motivate Seri more.

 

 

 

"Chanyeol, what do you think?"

 

 

 

They all turn to Chanyeol, waiting for his answer. 

 

 

 

"You look pretty."

 

 

 

Though it sounded faint, it was clear enough to be understood. He said those words while directly looking at Seri, his wide smile only flashed to her while his eyes spoke in sincerity.

 

 

 

The smile and look he gave sent Seri into a dumbstruck state. That smile felt too familiar to her, like it was a dream.

 

 

 

The words Chanyeol left, got everyone silent, watching the two exchange looks. Small smiles formed on their lips, witnessing how Chanyeol's eyes won't leave Seri's and she was completely doing the same.

 

 

 

"This is going to be a very interesting trip.", Kai whispers to the still giggling Sehun.

 

 

 

"I guess we're ready to go then?", Mari breaks the silence before heading out with Sehun.

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

The six of friends made their way into the resort ready to rent some skiing paraphernalia for the first activity. Each one got a pair of skis, poles and a helmet. Everything was just perfect, all that was missing is going down the slope for the exciting slide.

 

 

 

"Hyung should we go now or do you want to ride the chairlift?", Kai asked after putting on his gear.

 

 

 

"They also have a gondola here. Wanna go for a ride?"

 

 

 

Kai continues to talk about the resorts' amenities while Chanyeol stood, unresponsive of him. His focus was far away from the many activities that Kai looks forward to.

 

 

 

".. so what do you say hyung?"

 

 

 

"Hyung?", Kai turns to him after not getting any answer from the taller friend.

 

 

 

His sight landed on no other than the slender girl sitting on the benches. Realizing the reason behind his hyung's passive behavior towards him, Kai only sighs, knowing he couldn't win the situation. 

 

 

 

"Just go to her already.", he mumbles.

 

 

 

"She's having a hard time with the ski.", Chanyeol finally speaks, still watching Seri put on the boots.

 

 

 

"Really? That you heard when I've been talking here for ages now."

 

 

 

"Go help her.", he orders the younger one, ignoring his statement.

 

 

 

"Me? Aren't you going to help her?"

 

 

 

"Go already.", Chanyeol speaks in a forceful tone, leaving Kai with no choice but to follow.

 

 

 

With heavy footsteps, he starts to approach Seri. Kai growls before lowering himself to her level.

 

 

 

"Need help?", he asked with a small smile.

 

 

 

"How exactly do you put this on?", Seri shyly asked back. For a few minutes she had been struggling to put everything on. Jiyah, who was the only person she hoped to help her, was no where to be found.

 

 

 

Kai chuckles at her cute question, proceeding to help her with the boots and skis.

 

 

 

"Thank you."

 

 

 

"Oh don't thank me. It's all an order."

 

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

 

"The prince noticed this damsel in distress however he decides to send in his most handsome knight to come help her instead of approaching himself."

 

 

 

Kai lifts his head only to see Seri's confused response to his words. He found himself chuckling again at her loss of clues.

 

 

 

"Hyung told me to come help you. He can't keep calm when you're struggling here so he ordered me to help."

 

 

 

His next words came off as a surprise to her. She shifted her eyes to where Chanyeol was, a few steps away from the bench where she was sitting. There, she found him looking directly, straight at her. She quickly shifted away, unexpectedly catching him to be starring.

 

 

 

"Don't find it weird. But he's been watching you all this time.", Kai whispers.

 

 

 

"What?"

 

 

 

"Done! You're ready to go now!", he winks at her before helping her to stand up. Seri was still puzzled from his words but she chooses to ignore them along with Chanyeol's gazes.

 

 

**

 

 

With the help of the walk escalator going up the slope, tourists wanting to go skiing could climb up easier. Excited to feel the fast slide down, Mari and Sehun head off first, away from the rest of the group.

 

 

 

"Look at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter