LVII.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm drops of shower met Seri's cold body, creating a steam of relaxation in the bathroom. It was truly perfect for her. Just the way to wash the whole day's tension.

 

Today went off to be too unexpected for her. Meeting Chanyeol again was not in the plan. Even when she tried to ignore his presence, it can't be helped how she felt him there. She can't lie to herself and just say that she doesn't care. Because if she truly didn't anymore, then she wouldn't have reacted that way after seeing his scar.

 

The soothing feeling of the shower refreshed Seri's system. It got her feeling sleepy after being cleaned up. To complete her night routine, she steps back into the kitchen, looking for something to eat for a good night snack just before drifting to dreamland.

 

"Already sleeping Seri?", Sehun asked, seeing her in her pajamas.

 

"Yeah. Aren't you?"

 

"Not just yet.", Sehun answers with two bottles of Soju in hand.

 

"You're drinking?", she glares at him, arms on her chest for a more serious look.

 

"Just us guys. Well, Jiyah's there too. You can join us just for chatting if you want."

 

"Hhmm.. are you guys planning on something again? First you leave me and Chanyeol behind, now you're asking us to drink when I just showered?" Seri gave her best friend a suspicious look, trying to catch his game. Her questions came as a surprise to Sehun though he can just chuckle at her thoughts.

 

"Yah! What are you talking about? Since when did you ever learn how to drink huh? All I'm asking you is to come talk with us."

 

"Really?", she kept her gazes on him, reading his words. Sehun continues to laugh at Seri's silly expression.

 

"Could it be that you're the one planning something. Reason behind you wanting to get drunk with Chanyeol hyung?", he whispered into her ear.

 

"Yah!" Seri slaps him repeatedly at the dirty thoughts he was implying.

 

"That's disgusting Sehun."

 

"Hey! You can't blame me. We both know how much you stare at him during college. How am I supposed to know what's going on your mind whenever you look at him?", he said in between laughs.

 

"Sehun!!!"

 

**

 

 

The night deepens with joyous laughs. It was all that were heard in the living room as everyone gathered for a good share of conversation. Later on they have agreed to play a simple game of truth or dare with an empty glass bottle. One by one it spun for them, choosing between answering a question or doing a task.

 

"Truth.", Mari speaks after the bottle chooses her.

 

"Have you and Sehun ever did it?"

 

Sehun chokes at Jiyah's question along side Kai's gleeful laughing. Seri could only face palm after Mari nods her head to answer their friend's question.

 

"This girl is seriously..." Sehun was at loss for words.

Jiyah didn't mind it though. She only spins the bottle again, ready for the next victim.

 

"Truth for me too.", Kai answers.

 

"Hhmm.. Have you ever liked Seri?"

 

"Mari?", Seri protests at the question.

 

"Of course." Kai quickly answers without a doubt. He earned an eye choke from Chanyeol who was sitting silently beside him.

 

"But not romantically. No offense Seri. You're beautiful and sweet but.. she's already hyung's.", he put his arm around Chanyeol's shoulder, smiling to convince him with his answer.

 

"But now that they're not dating anymore, would you pursue her?"

 

The interrogation got everyone eager for the answer. Seri sat anxiously while Kai gulps, feeling his hyungs energy beside him. Chanyeol looks at him, waiting for his answer. Despite the unintentional glare, his eyes spelled warning.

 

"You only get to ask one question.", Kai responds, trying to save himself.

 

"Eiii just answer it already."

 

"Let's just take that as a yes then.", Mari answers for him whilst watching Chanyeol's reaction with excitement.

 

"That's ridiculous." Kai ends the questioning by spinning the bottle again. His airway feels to be tightening as he felt Chanyeol's eyes still watching him.

 

"Dare.", Sehun confidently chooses as the bottle points at him.

 

"Aww too bad. I was going to ask if you'd date Seri."

 

"Jiyah!", Mari and Seri both call in unison.

 

"I'm just kidding."

 

"What should we make him do?"

 

"Do ten push ups with Mari on your back."

 

Seri's suggestion got everyone agreeing to her. Sehun got on the floor while Mari sat lightly on her back.

 

"... nine...... ten!" Everyone claps at the struggling Sehun after he successfully does the ten push ups. He slowly gets back on the sofa, coughing from exhaustion while the rest laugh at him.

The bottle spins again, choosing Seri as the next victim.

 

"Okay! Ms. Seo Seri. Truth or dare?"

 

"I think I'd choose truth."

 

"Ahhhh... Anything you wanna ask Seri, Chanyeol?"

 

The rest waited for Chanyeol's answer. They exchanged looks, anticipating his question. His eyes focused on her. However, she tried avoided his stares as much as she could.

 

"I have lots of questions but I won't ask them now."

 

"I'll ask one then.", Kai volunteers.

 

"Is there a chance you two get back together?"

 

"Kai.", Sehun calls him, waving his head for a 'no'.

 

"I mean be friends. Is there a chance for you two to become friends again. That's what I meant.", Kai revises his question after Sehun's distinct reaction.

 

Chanyeol awaited for what she'd say. This was an answer he wanted to know for sure.

 

"Of course. That's not impossible.", Seri answers sincerely with a smile, eyes locking with Chanyeol.

The rest of them were in all smiles feeling a slight ray of sunlight hitting the room.

 

"Does that answer one of your many questions?", Kai whispers to his hyung before spinning the bottle again. For a moment there was silence in the room after the question that was thrown to Seri.

 

"Your time hyung!"

 

"Dare.", Chanyeol answers undoubtedly.

 

A mischievous smirk formed on Kai's lips at the answer he hoped to hear from him. He clears his throat ready to say the dare he had prepared for.

 

"Spend seven minutes of heaven with Seri."

 

"What?", Seri instantly objects.

 

"It's up to you two how you do it. But you got to stay together in one room for seven whole minutes. That's your dare."

 

"That sounds fine.", Jiyah supports Kai.

 

"Mari?", she tries to seek rescue from the more reasonable friend. However, she only smiles at her.

 

"This can be your first step into friendship.", she reasons out.

 

"Okay let's go. Seven minutes it is.", Sehun stands up, grabbing Chanyeol with him.

 

"Wait. Phones?" Jiyah halts, signaling the two to surrender their devices.

 

They were left with no choice to do just as what they said. The guys dragging Chanyeol while the girls did the same to Seri. Their protests were unheard as the door locks with a sound of a click. Only a bed was there to accompany inside the room.

 

"Mari.", Seri still protests, knocking on the closed door.

 

A few tries did nothing to catch the others' sympathy. The door never opened for her.

 

Seri got exhausted overtime. She leans her forehead on the door, taking in the situation.

 

Why is this happening to me?

 

And why am I the only one doing this?

 

A thought occurs to her. Since they came inside the room, Chanyeol's voice was never heard. He didn't even complain as much as she did.

 

Slowly, Seri turns her head to get a slight peek of him behind her. There she saw him sitting on the floor. His back resting at the end of the bed while his knee supports his head, bowing down.

 

His position gains concern from Seri. He didn't look to be comfortable yet he stayed still.

 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter