XL.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seri rolls around her bed, unable to sleep. The thoughts of what would happen tomorrow at the party worries her. She wanted to see Chanyeol with the hope that they could still come back to how they were. Even if they would be 'breaking up' after the party, all she wants is to be able to stay in his life and for him to stay in hers, just like how he promised. She held on to that promise. With a tight hold on her pendant, she whispered a soft prayer to the heavens.

"Please."

 

**

 

Seri fidgets walking back and forth their hotel room while she waited for Chanyeol. He said he'd be at the venue by six but fifteen minutes had already passed by then.

 

She knew something could be up. Despite the fact that he never gets late, it was raining that night. No matter how many times she called, his phone was off. Her heart can't help but worry of where he could be at that moment. She didn't care of the party, all she wanted was to know where he was and what he could be doing.

 

A few more minutes had passed and there was still no sign of Chanyeol. Seri prayed that he would arrive soon. The guests were already gathered around and halmeoni was the only one welcoming them when Chanyeol and her should be there too.

 

"Chanyeol, where are you?" Please

 

**

 

Chanyeol looked up the skies, staring at the rain pouring down.

Let me hug you. Seri's words replayed in his head making him miss her more. He missed her, he truly did. Her shining eyes, her soft hands, the way her cheeks would go pink everytime she blushes, her cute giggle, the smell of her hair, how small her body is everytime he hugs her, her lip biting, her lips. Her gentle, sweet lips; how much he missed them against his. Most of all, her smile. Her smile that brings the joy in him. He wants to see her smile again.

But he doesn't know how to face her. Tonight, they will be announcing their engagement and act as a sweet, loving couple yet he didn't know how they will be able to do that with a wall separating them. A wall he knew he built.

The door opens as Chanyeol slowly walked inside the room to find Seri looking out the window. She was already dressed up and ready for the party. Her back faced him but he could tell how beautiful she was. He wanted to come near her and hold her close. Apologize and tell her how sorry he is. But he can't. He just cleared his throat to let her know he was there. It startled her. Chanyeol was surprised too. Her eyes were filled with tears when she turned around.

 

All her alleviation was taken away from her when he saw Chanyeol standing right in front of her. She quickly ran and reached out to hug him tightly, checking if she wasn't just imagining it.

 

Chanyeol was taken by surprise but he didn't step away from her. His arms hugged her back, throwing all away his concerns for the moment. He savored having her back in his embrace after such a long time.

 

"Sorry, my flight got delayed.", he whispered.

 

She only nodded while the tears kept falling from her eyes.

 

"Hey. I'm here. I'm okay. You don't have to worry.", she reassured her knowing how worried she must have been.

 

Seri slowly released her arms from him, wiping her tears away. Chanyeol stared at her with pained eyes. This was not what he wanted. To see her crying in front of him, knowing very well that he was the reason behind those tears and yet he couldn't do anything to cheer her up. It crushed his very soul.

 

"Do you want to rest first?"

 

Despite everything, she still thought of how he felt. Chanyeol's hands twitched, it wanted to wipe her tears for  away. He looked away to stop he's feelings from getting into him.

 

"No. I have to get ready. People are waiting."

 

"Okay. I'll call the stylist."

 

Once Chanyeol was done preparing, the two of them headed to the hall where the party and their guests waited for them. The program started inside with a little turn on the sequencing because of the delay, but the organizer told them to wait for a little while as Chanyeol would be introduced by the emcee first before they enter.

 

Chanyeol noticed Seri's nervous movements beside him. He stared at her, his whole being missed staring at her. She was so beautiful. She was always so beautiful.

 

He took her hand, which was playing with her ring,  held it and laced their fingers together.

 

Seri followed his action, looking at him with furrowed eye brows. Her fingers felt cold and he can feel them slightly shaking.

 

"You okay?"

 

She nodded looking away from him.

 

"Just smile." He kissed the back of her hand, giving her the comfort she needs.

 

The organizer signaled their cue to enter the hall with every one clapping their hands, standing up. They walked passed each one of them with smiles. Seri felt a strike of insecurity in her as she noticed every one staring at them, some even whispering. All other girls looked so beautiful and high classed. This was no ordinary party. It was a gathering of A listed people. The very rich, the very best and the very well known for their fields were all here. While here she was, just an ordinary farm girl from the province.

Chanyeol felt Seri's hand slowly slipping away from his. He let go of her hand but quickly put his arm around her so she'll be much closer to him, rubbing her back to comfort her.

Seri felt how Chanyeol was trying to calm her down. She glanced at him, greeting the guests with smiles and bows while his arm was placed protectively around her. She sighed throwing all the negativity away. This is a night for celebration and she doesn't want to ruin it.

 

They reached the center table where halmeoni was, taking a seat there before the program resumed. The dinner was served by the waiters for them while the band serenade them with sweet and calm songs.

 

After dinner, halmeoni was asked to get on stage as she was going to introduce Chanyeol now and officially give him the title as CEO for their company. Every one listened with glee and anticipation. Seri glanced at Chanyeol who was listening to his grand mother, a delighted smile painted on his face. She smiled knowing how happy he must really be that everything he worked for was now paying off.

 

Chanyeol caught her staring at him. He reached for her hand, leaning closer to her ear.

 

"All of this is also because of you. Thank you."

 

She smiled hearing his words.

 

"Make sure to mention that in your speech.", she teased, whispering back.

 

He chuckled, kissing her temple before he was called to go on stage.

 

"Thank you hameoni. Please give a warm applause for my grand mother."

 

"Good evening. First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay. But let's just take that as the sky's blessing for this wonderful night."

 

Seri smiled as he had said those words looking at her.

 

"As you all know, my grand father had founded this company with the vision of giving service and high quality management to every person, despite of their status. For years it was what our company has done. When I was younger, I didn't understand. But as I grew up, I witnes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter