LXI.

Love the Rain so You Can Love Me Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Table tops lined with trays of different delicious looking food are all ready to fulfill ones cravings. The set up on lunch buffet was too good to resist. The sight of delicacies entice the customers coming in along with its Asian filled aroma.

 

 

Dumplings, spring rolls, wonton, chicken, stir fried noodles, sweet and sour pork. With plates on both hands, Kai browsed more of the buffet table with Sehun.

 

 

"Isn't this just too awkward Sehun-ah?"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

"They're not even talking."

 

 

Kai refers to the two other person with them, who were now settled on the table, having their lunch quietly. Chanyeol and Seri. They sat opposite each other without a word. Chewing their food without a glimpse on one another.

 

 

"Yeah I can see that. Looks like last night might have not ended the way we thought it would.", Sehun answers, well aware of the situation.

 

 

"Aish. How long is this going to take? I told you. You shouldn't have taken Yuan with us. Seri looked so mad."

 

 

"Yah! If you didn't take Seri there it would have been a much peaceful night for all of us."

 

 

"How am I supposed to know you're there anyway?!"

 

"Kai, Sehun." Chanyeol calls the younger men, noticing them taking a seat on the other table after strolling the buffet.

 

 

"Aish. Sorry hyung. It's just so awkward to sit there. It feels so depressing to eat with you two. Try to settle things now will you? We'll enjoy our meal here.", Kai answers him before placing himself down for a feast.

 

 

Sehun mouths him the words 'good luck' then faced his back to him, taking his seat.

 

 

Chanyeol brings his attention back to Seri now that Sehun and Kai gave way for them to speak. Unfortunately, Seri couldn't care less. She didn't even spare a look on him despite his obvious stares at her.

 

 

What is this again?, he asks himself.

 

 

Last night ended fairly good, he thought. However, Seri's mood was completely different again for some reason he can't figure out. She didn't look mad. But her straight face, he just knew something was wrong.

 

 

"Seri, are you okay? Is there something wrong?"

 

 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?", she casually answers.

 

 

"You look like you're in deep thought." Seri can hear the concern in Chanyeol's tone though, she still refuses to look at him.

 

 

"Just a few things in mind but it's fine."

 

 

"Do you want to talk about it?", Chanyeol tries to reach out. If there was any way he can uplift her mood, he'd do it. Step by step he'd try everything to make her smile.

 

 

Seri lightly shakes her head before sipping on her soup. It wasn't something to talk about, she thought.

 

 

There was a sense of disappointment running through Chanyeol. He knew that something was bothering Seri and yet she refrained from telling him about it. How he wished she could open up to him. He wanted to be the person she can freely tell anything about.

 

 

"How did your meeting go, by the way?", she suddenly asked, breaking Chanyeol's thoughts.

 

 

"Huh?"

 

 

"Kai said you and Sehun had a big investor to meet yesterday. This was the project your Yixing hyung transferred to you right?"

 

 

"Ah yeah."

 

 

"So how did it go?"

 

 

"It's not exactly going smoothly. We'll be facing a competition soon. By the looks of it, he's more interested with the other company... We still scheduled to have another presentation for him but if we can't get him by then. We might have to just give this project up. It's already taking too long."

 

 

"That's a first."

 

 

Confusion was evident in Chanyeol's expression as he heard Seri's comment. She forms a small smile as she sees the look on his face.

 

 

"I just didn't expect to hear that from you. You're not the type to give up.", she explains.

 

 

Chanyeol is one of the most hard working people Seri knew. He always strives to get the best out come of what he does. His willpower was beyond excellent to her opinion.

 

 

"Ah.. If I'm the person to decide, I won't. But the whole board decides for this."

 

 

"I see.. But I'm still positive you can do this." Her smile became cheerful and lively. This sweet smile of hers that gave him the energy and motivation. She automatically gave Chanyeol what he needed even without her knowing.

 

 

Their eyes met genuinely staring as Chanyeol's lips returned a smile.

 

 

"You have no idea how much it means to hear that from you right now."

 

 

"Well if there's anything else I can do to help just tell me.", she offers before sipping on her juice. Chanyeol followed her movements in both admiration and defeat.

 

 

"I wish you'd let me do the same though."

 

 

For a second Seri paused from her action after hearing what Chanyeol just said. She turned to him again to see his gentle yet worried eyes.

 

 

"Seri, I won't force you to tell me.. but I really hope you won't hesitate talking to me. It can be about anything. Anything at all."

 

 

It surprised her to hear his words but she saw the sincerity in them. Her heart fluttered in appreciation for him. Despite his high status and tough personality, he was always caring and considerate of others. He was still the same gentle giant she knew.

 

 

"I'll keep that in mind.", she tells him with a smile.

 

 

There was a ray of sunshine that warmed their hearts with each smile they gave. Seri was the first to look away as she enjoyed her meal. Chanyeol's eyes however, didn't leave her. He watched her every movement with such pleasant feelings.

 

 

"I'll get that for you.", he said, stopping Seri from standing up. He took her glass for her, heading to refill their beverage. She let him do as he pleased while watching him stepping away.

 

 

A sudden sound of laughs echoed the restaurant, catching Seri's attention. She glanced to the direction and saw Kai and Sehun seemingly having fun. They were eating happily together. She giggles at the sight. Those two guys looked like they came there alone when they both dragged her to come along with them.

 

 

"Oh, Seri-yah." Someone suddenly calls her as she got ready to approach Kai and Sehun's table.

 

 

"Daehan-ie!", she happily greets, realizing who he was.

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

"Ah I recently got an offer to work here. It's so nice to see you." After Jiyah and Daehan got partnered to work on their last project during college, he easily developed to be a close friend as well.

 

 

"It's really nice to see you too. Wow! You work here now? For how long already?"

 

 

"Oh I really just started. How about you? Minguk said he bumped into you at the ski resort."

 

 

"Yeah. We did. Were you there too?"

 

 

"I was. It was kind of like a farewell trip. But you.. let me guess.. Chanyeol?", he asked, seeing the table set for two.

 

 

Did he tell him?, Seri asked herself, remembering the conversation they had with his brother.

 

 

"I heard the big news. Congratulations!"

 

 

Oh my gosh!!

 

 

"Oh Daehan, that's really.."

 

 

"Ms. Seo?" She tried to explain when an old man's deep and powerful voice calls her right behind Daehan. He gave way to the old man before they both bowed to greet him properly.

 

 

"What a surprise to see you here? You two know each other?"

 

 

"Ah yes sir. We were classmates back in the university." Daehan answers but Seri kept silence.

 

 

Sir?

 

 

"I see. Well, then will you care to join us?", the man politely asks Seri.

 

 

"Ah thank you for the invitation sir. But I have company."

 

 

"She's with her husband sir."

 

 

Oh no.

 

 

"Husband? I didn't know you were married. Who's the lucky guy then?" The old man looked surprised yet he was smiling merrily as he asked.

 

 

Seri felt her heart beating nervously at the question. How was she going to explain properly of this? If this continues Daehan might even tell him that she's pregnant.

 

 

"Here he is." Seri's eyes shot wide as she sees Chanyeol walking casually with both their glasses within his large hands. He finally catches the sight of her, turning to be more puzzled.

 

 

"CEO Park Chanyeol.", the man speaks as Chanyeol approached.

 

 

"Yes sir. Indeed the lucky guy."

 

 

"President Han?" Seri became more speechless with Chanyeol's arrival. They knew each other. Well of course. Chanyeol is Chanyeol and this President Han. What's going to happen?

 

 

Chanyeol greeted him politely before placing the glass on the table. He then gave Seri that 'are you okay?' look. She smiles anxiously at him, bewildered by the situation.

 

 

"Good afternoon. What can we do for you?" Chanyeol professionally greets.

 

 

"Remember Daehan?", she changes the subject with a lively voice.

 

 

"Ah yeah of course. How are you? We saw Minguk just the other week. Are you with them?"

 

 

"Ah no. I recently moved here for work."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter