Discharged

To the Moon

The doctor wanted to keep watch of Hakyeon for another day or two after he woke up, and honestly, you were very glad he did so. It took a lot of concern off of your back. But, so far, it was only day one since he's been up. He was up and walking around since around noon today apparently, which was really good. 

Without telling your manager what happened to Hakyeon, you managed to get off of work right after your last class for your busy day and you went straight back to the hospital, making sure to tell Ha Yi you were with your mother. 

You arrived with a small meal for yourself, knowing Hakyeon already had something. The doctor was checking his vitals when you walked in and sat on the couch. 

"How is you head? Does it hurt any?" The doctor asked him.

"Why do you keep asking about my head? It doesn't hurt." Hakyeon smiled a little. 

"Usually with shock or car accidents, the head gets injured. We're just making sure we didn't overlook anything." The doctor laughed. "How is your heart? Does it feel like it's pounding for no reason." 

"No not really."

"That's good then. How about your shoulder? Do you need some painkillers before I leave?" 

Hakyeon winced a little. "Please." 

"I'll go get it ready then." The doctor nodded and left the room. 

You bit into your sandwich only to regret it and decide to push it away. Subway nowadays. I'll stick to sushi for the rest of my life. "Does your shoulder hurt a lot?" You spoke after sipping your cola you got along with your sandwich. "You don't look as pale today as you did when I saw you yesterday." 

"It doesn't hurt that much." He sat up a bit more. 

"Liar." You shook your head. "I literally just heard you ask for painkillers and the way you wince whenever you move even the slightest is a big hint as well." 

He sighed and cast his gaze downwards. "Did you have a nice day today? What about the concert, did the boys get there okay?" 

You smiled and even chuckled a little. "Yes, your children made it safely to the venue. They're probably performing right now." 

"You don't have to stay here, you know. I'm not a child..." 

"Do you want me to leave?" You looked around the room before sipping your drink again. He doesn't like people worrying over him. It's almost too clear that he hates it. 

He shook his head slightly and closed his eyes as the doctor came in. "It'll be through the IV so it'll act fast." The doctor smiled at you as he logged the medicine into his computer and then gave the medicine into the IV. "He knows this but you weren't here when he recieved this medicine when he was conscious. The medicine obviously makes him sleepy but it also makes him feel a little funny for a few moments. He'll probably complain that noise will sound distant and that he feels uncomfortable but it'll pass. It's common with this medicine. Nothing to freak out over." 

"Thank you." You nodded, watching Hakyeon again as the doctor left, shutting the door this time behind him. That must mean he won't be in here anymore until 4 hours pass to check vitals since Hakyeon has them checked every 4 hours. "So the medicine makes you feel high? That's amusing!" 

A thin smile traced his lips. "I don't like the feeling." 

"I don't blame you." You sighed, putting away your uneaten food. "Why were you walking around in the dark anyways?" 

"You're the one that called me out." He opened his eyes lazily. "I had to go get you from that bar you were at. Since you were out, I just used the train to get you back here. It happened when I left after leaving medicine for you." 

"Oh..." You frowned. "So it was my fault this happened?" 

"No, it's not. It was my fault." He stayed perfectly still for a moment before continuing. "I didn't look hard enough, I guess." 

"I'm sure you did. It was probably the driver. Tae Hee says that he didn't look like he was paying any attention to what he was doing." You stood up and put your food into the bag it came in and placed it on the small table just beside the couch. "Did the medicine kick in or something? You look dazed." 

"Something like that." He nodded slightly. "The medicine always works faster when it's given through my IV." 

"Of course it would." You checked your phone as it vibrated. "Hey, want to see something funny?" 

From: Hyunnie, Ha Yi, Ji Jin, Ji Hoon

Let's all get together tomorrow night and have dinner. I haven't properally met the twins anyways. - Hyunnie

From: Hyunnie, Ha Yi, Ji Jin, Ji Hoon

____ is spending a lot of time in Suwon lately. We'll see... - Ha Yi

You shook your head and opened your photos, walking over to Hakyeon and showing him the picture you took of your manager sleeping in the car today. "He yells at me for being lazy but look at this." 

Hakyeon gave a small smile to acknowledge that he saw it but nothing further. As expected. 

"Should I bring my laptop tomorrow and we can watch movies? It must be boring to be stuck in here." You frowned, tossing your phone onto the couch and standing beside Hakyeon, moving to his good side. "Do you want to get up and walk around? Or do you want to wait for the medicine affects to wear off?" 

"___-ah, you're nagging again." Hakyeon smiled once more. 

I'm not nagging... You nodded, pulling up the chair beside the bed and resting the side of your head on the edge of the bed. "Then I'll just take a nap so I don't nag you. Wake me up if you need anything." 

I wonder if I'm getting annoying. I know that his mood has been pretty low lately because of all that has happened to him but I just feel like I'm not helping. I'm just worried... 

After a little while, you lifted your head and glanced at Hakyeon, his eyes closed and his breathing steady as he was already asleep. Those meds sure knock him out easily... "I'm sorry this happened to you, Hakyeon-ah." You whispered. "I hope we catch the jerk and sue him or something." 

You stood up and grabbed the bag full of your food, leaving the room quietly and heading towards the cafeteria to throw away the food. "Oh, ____!" Hongbin waved you down and ran over to you. "You're here already?" 

"What about you? How'd the performance go?" 

"People were really upset that Hakyeon wasn't there and so were we... But it went well for the most part." He smiled. "Where are you going? You look exhausted." 

"I'm tired from working and I can never sleep properly here." You admitted. "But if I leave, I'll be too worried to sleep at home anyways.” 

"It must be hard." Hongbin nodded, the rest of the boys showing up and heading straight for the hospital room. "I'm going to go see Hakyeon." 

You nodded, watched him leave, and continued on your way. I wonder if they ended the performance well. I want to show Hakyeon the concert when it's put online so he can be proud of the boys. 

You threw away your food and hurried back to the hospital room, seeing Wonsik standing outside the room with his head down. "Wonsik-ah, what're you doing?" You approached him. "Why aren't you going in?" 

"Hakyeon wouldn't want to see me right now. I only visit for short periods of time so I don't make him angry." Wonsik smiled a little. "I told you, we don't get along right now." 

"Aw, come on. Hakyeon cares for you a lot. He worries for you all the time. Even if you two are on bad terms right now, you're still Hakyeon's friend no matter what he says. He'd be heart broken if you didn't visit him." You frowned. "Go in and see him. He loves when you guys visit the most because he cares for all of you." 

Wonsik shook his head but went in anyways. You followed as well and sat on the couch, watching how all the boys swarmed around Hakyeon's bed. This should make him happy. 

"Yah, hyung, wake up! We came to see you." Hyuk mumbled, sitting in the chair you had pulled up. 

Hakyeon blinked open his eyes easily and smiled, his gaze catching Wonsik's quickly. "How are you feeling?" Taekwoon asked before Wonsik could say anything. 

"How do you think I feel?" Hakyeon sat up. 

"Ah! Don't! Doesn't that hurt?" Jaehwan gasped. 

"They gave me painkillers before you all came in." Hakyeon shook his head slightly. "How'd the concert go?"

"The fans were so upset! They kept yelling at us about you." Hongbin whined. "But we did our best anyways." 

The manager came in last and sat beside you. "How is he doing in your eyes?" 

"I think he's depressed and embarrassed that he can't do much." You mumbled. "But he always brightens his mood when the boys stop by." 

"Why would this be something to get embarrassed over?" 

"He doesn't like the pity." 

"Understandable." He nodded, watching Hakyeon. "We recieved a call from the bystander today. The license plate of the driver was caught in her film. It's only a matter of time until he's put behind bars for his actions."

"Good. I want to see the guy who did it." 

"Why? Are you going to scare him or something?" 

"No, I just want to see him. I want to ask him why he didn't stop and why he had to abandon Hakyeon like that." 

Hakyeon looked at you for a moment when he heard his name but then looked away and started talking to the boys again. "I can see that." The manager smiled. "It's pretty late so I'm going to take the boys back when they're finished, are you staying here again?" 

You nodded. "I have clothes in my car." 

He nodded and you two grew silent, watching the sincere actions of the boys as they talked amongst themselves. 

They stayed for at least an hour before the manager dragged them out of the room. Hakyeon's face fell the second the room grew quiet again. 

You yawned and curled up on your side on the couch, watching him with steady eyes. "You'll be out of here soon, don't worry." 

Hakyeon looked at you and frowned. "You should go home." 

"I thought you wanted me to stay." You frowned as well. "I don't mind staying." 

Hakyeon didn't say anything more and relaxed once more, scrolling through his twitter again. 

"Hey Hakyeon." You closed your eyes as you spoke. "Was it scary? When you were hit, I mean." 

"Yes." He answered easily. "It was also weird. When it first happened... I didn't feel anything. The first thing that ran through my mind was 'Am I going to die? I can't'."

"You didn't feel the pain?" 

"Not until I saw the driver leave. Then everything hurt. My head, my back, my shoulder, my legs, everything." 

"But you were relieved when the bystander came over to you, right?" 

"Who? No one came over to me. I was left there until the ambulance came which wasn't quickly. But the second the sirens were in hearing, I lost consciousness so I didn't see anything else." 

Your eyes snapped open. "No one came over to you?" 

"I was too shocked to look at the license plate and I even dropped my camera when I ran over to him." 

But Tae Hee very clearly stated that she ran over to him, her camera was even broken to prove that... 

"No one did." Hakyeon looked at you, confused. "Why?" 

Could Tae Hee be lying? No... She couldn't have been. But Hakyeon says that no one ran over to him. "I'll be right back." You stood up and ran out of the room, walking quickly over to his doctor who happened to be heading in to peek on Hakyeon anyways. "Doctor!" 

"Oh, hello, is something wrong with Cha Hakyeon?" He looked at you in surprise. 

"Where is the bystander's film?" 

"The original is with the police but the bystander has a copy of it for her own safety. Why?" 

"Is the bystander here, do you know?" 

"Yes, she's talking to a few police men right now." 

"Send her into Hakyeon's room if you happen to see her." You looked at the doctor. "Is there anyway he could've hurt his head without it showing up on the scans you guys did?" 

"We only did CT scans and some injuries may not show on those scans." The doctor nodded. "It's possible but highly unlikely." 

"Can you run anymore scans?" 

"We could run an MRI but I don't think it's necessary." 

You nodded. "I see." 

"Why do you ask? You don't seem like the person to ask questions like these without issues already being seen." 

"The bystander told me yesterday that she ran over to Hakyeon when he was hit but when I asked Hakyeon, he said that no one came over to him." 

"He might just be clouded by the shock." The doctor smiled. "I assure you that nothing is wrong with his head." 

You nodded. "Thanks." You hurried back into the room and saw that Hakyeon was asleep again. It's probably just the shock just like the doctor said. 

You sat in the chair beside his bed for a while, thinking if you should just go to sleep just as Tae Hee walked through the door. You turned and watched her as she motioned you outside.

You followed her and the two of you stood outside. "What's up?" She smiled a little. 

"Was any of what you said... A lie? I won't be mad if it was. Just tell me honestly." You asked immediately. 

"I didn't lie at all, I promise." She frowned. "Why?" 

"You really ran over to Hakyeon when he was hit?" 

"Yes." She nodded. "I even called the ambulance while I was by his side. He even spoke to me." 

"He did?" 

"It was very hard to understand but he said something relating to you." She sighed. "Even when he's injured, all he talks about is you apparently. Lucky girl." 

"Me? But he said all he thought about was that he was going to die." 

"Really?" 

"He doesn't recall you ever running over to him. He just remembers lying there and hearing the sirens and then losing consciousness." You grew worried again. "You're lying, right? The doctor said shock could've blocked his memory but... What if it's something worse? Maybe he hit his head and it didn't show up on the CT scan?"

"I'm sure there would be some indication if there were." Tae Hee shrugged. "Hakyeon doesn't look as bad as he could. I think you're worrying."

You nodded. "Okay, well, thanks. That's all I wanted to know." 

You slipped back into the room and sat on the chair beside the bed, watching Hakyeon just as the doctor came in. 

"I'm still curious." The doctor laughed a little. "You think he has a head injury, right?" 

"Maybe, what do I know?" You chuckled as well. "You're the doctor." 

"Let's see." He went over to the computer and glanced at Hakyeon's hospital logs. "Everything logged on here leads towards shock trauma. But with what I've seen lately, he shows signs of having a concussion." 

"So... Do you think he has a head injury?" 

"Possibly. What will help us know is watching him for a little bit. I'll ask him about the accident again and compare it to the bystander's story. The staff doctor believes it is just shock trauma but I've been sort of wavering on a thin line of that being the case or a TBI." 

"If he has a head injury, would it be anything bad?" 

"No. It's probably just a slight concussion that we may have overlooked, since the symptoms to shock trauma and TBI can be confused when an accident is present." He went over to the otherside of Hakyeon who was still sleeping. "Even if he does have a concussion, we won't keep him in the hospital for it. Concussions happen a lot, we just have to watch it and have him come to the hospital if anything gets worse. We might discharge him tomorrow but it depends on his sleep tonight. If he sleeps anything like he did last night, we'll have to keep him longer." 

Hakyeon didn't sleep well last night. He was in pain most of the night despite the painkillers and his heart rate kept speeding up as well as his breathing. It was a really bad night for him and you couldn't do anything to help him even though you tried. 

"Okay." You nodded, the doctor deciding to quickly check his vitals and then leaving the room. A concussion isn't as bad as it could be. I just hope it's shock. 

"You worry too much." Hakyeon sighed, his eyes still closed.

You looked at him. "You were awake?" 

"Not at first but I did wake up." He smiled a little. "The staff doctor is very neglective of me. That's why the doctor that you keep seeing watches me. But he can't diagnose anything new with me without the staff doctor. I hear him on the phone with the staff doctor about how he wants me checked for head injuries." 

"Really? What kind of doctor neglects their patient?"

"The kind that holds grudges." 

"Huh?" 

"Remember when I told you about Tae Hee? How she cheated on me with a doctor from Seoul for 3 years?"

"Is this him?" You widened your eyes in shock. 

"Yeah, seems like it." 

"It's a small world..." You sighed. "But now you can show me off." 

He chuckled, holding up his only free hand with the pulse oximeter on his index finger. "I'm too lazy to open my eyes." 

You took the hint and slipped your hand into his, carefully not to mess with the oximeter. "Too lazy to open your eyes? I think you need to see a doctor." 

"Funny." 

"Are you feeling okay? Emotionally, I mean." 

"Of course I am." 

"No, seriously Hakyeon." You watched his face for reactions but he didn't do much and with his eyes still closed, it made things even harder. 

"I don't like being here." He sighed, holding your hand a little tighter. "And I'm worried that I might be in worse condition than I think." 

Maybe I shouldn't have talked to the doctor about head injuries in here. I probably scared him... "Don't worry. You're fine. Are you still feeling tired? We can take a walk if you want. Even though you're injured, moving around can still help you feel better, just not too much." 

"Not right now. I'm tired."

"Are you really just tired? Is there anything else that prevents you? I want you to tell me every little thing so that we know exactly what is wrong with you." You nagged him, using your other hand to brush stray hairs out of his eyes. 

"I'm mostly just tired." 

"Are you still dizzy?" 

"No." He opened his eyes and glanced at you. "I told you, I'm fine. I promise." 

"Okay." You nodded, taking your hand away from his face. "I'll stop nagging for now." 

"Aren't you tired? You had a full day of work and yet you're still here and up this late at night. You didn't even eat properly." 

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tired." You admitted. "And I'm slightly hungry but it's nothing bad. I'd rather be here with you."

Hakyeon sat up, slowly and not exactly painlessly. "What do you want?" 

"What do you mean?" You gave him an odd look, releasing his hand. 

"Exactly what I said. What do you want? I'll buy you anything." 

"Oh, that kind of 'what do you want', I thought you were picking a fight with me." You laughed. "I don't want anything though. Plus, how'd you manage that when you won't even walk around?" 

He put his hand on your arm and pulled you towards him just enough for him to place a kiss on your cheek. "Fine, I'll just guess." He laughed as well. "Go home and sleep. You need good sleep." 

"I won't be able to sleep at home." You shook your head. "I'm going to sleep then. Wake me up if you need something, okay?" 

He nodded, watching as you put the chair back up against the wall and grabbed the hospital sheets that they kept in the small closet. "Is Mystic treating you a little better recently?" 

"Yeah. They work me hard but I don't mind it. The director is convinced we broke up and the manager promised not to rat us out until he needs too." You placed the sheet on the couch and sat down, kicking off your shoes. "So it's perfect right now." 

"Good. I don't like Mystic but you don't look like they're working you too much... Yet." 

"Look who worries too much now." You relaxed easily on the couch and spread the sheets over your body. "Hey Hakyeon." 

"What?" 

"I love you." You shut your eyes tight and rolled onto your side, your back facing him. 

Hakyeon laughed, his tone sounding a lot brighter after what you've said. "I love you too." 

Your heart also felt a little lighter after he spoke the same words. If he were stuck here all his life, I'd stay here. That's how devoted I am to staying with him on this.

I hope he can be released tomorrow. But who knows.

--

"What was that again?" Someone spoke. "A TBI?"

"Yeah." Someone else spoke. "I've been watching him for one and his friend just happened to make me wonder even more about it and after I read off the symptoms... I feel like he's got a minor concussion." 

You opened your eyes, staring at the two doctors talking beside Hakyeon's bedside. One of them was the doctor you saw a lot and the other must've been the staff doctor. 

"Patient, how do you feel?" The staff doctor turned to Hakyeon, his expression clearly disengaged. 

"It's not very respectful to pretend not to know me." Hakyeon sat up. 

"I asked how you felt." 

"Dizzy, pained, and really irritated." Hakyeon glared at him. 

You sat up and pulled the sheets off of yourself, fixing your hair a tad bit before standing up. "You're the staff doctor, right?" 

"Yes." His face twisted when he saw you and he hurried over to shake your hand with a smile. "Who might you be?" 

"Can you examine him further? I agree with the doctor over there." You ignored him, treating him just how you heard him treat Hakyeon. 

"Well aren't you a disrespectful little thing?" He put his arm down awkwardly. 

"I'm just copying the way you talked to Hakyeon just now." You smiled. "Doctors shouldn't be like this, you know? Personal affairs should stay out of work." 

He sighed. "Alright, Doctor Choi, what is your disagnosis again?" 

You turned to Hakyeon and smiled, recieving a smile in return from him. "After observing him these past few days and especially after asking his side of the story, I believe he has a minor concussion. His story changed twice when he tried to explain it to me and he didn't even recall he changed the story. But both stories he told, didn't match the bystander's story. I believe he's having slight memory loss." 

"Memory loss can occur with shock as well." 

"Yes, that's why we ruled his trauma as it being shock related. But many things now point to him having a concussion. He gets dizzy and dazed and sometimes he has issues recalling new information, hence explaining why he kept changing his story." 

"I see." The staff doctor nodded. "It's possible. Let's go talk outside and look over some of his logs." 

They headed out quickly. "Hakyeon-ah, how do you feel right now?" You nagged once more as you dragged the chair back and sat. 

"Irritated." He smiled again. "My story really changed?" 

"Hey, but if you have a concussion, then it rules out more severe issues. The memory loss is probably caused by the concussion and it's not coming back because of the shock you experienced. Also, when did he ask for your story?" 

"An hour or so ago. You were sleeping really hard." 

"What time is it?" You widened your eyes, checking your phone. "Oh, it's only 8. I only have one class today, as you already know." 

He nodded. "Go get something to eat." 

"Hm..." You looked at him a moment. "Why don't we go for a walk first?” 

He pouted. "How about no?" 

"Come on, you can't sit here all day." You stood up. "I bet you gained like 10 pounds sitting there all the time." 

"I don't even eat enough to gain that much right now." He complained, getting up slowly with your help. He was a little unsteady on his feet for a moment but it went away. "I still feel dizzy." 

"This will help. Walking will help that, trust me." You smiled. "Let's just go lap around the unit. It's not that big." 

He nodded, the two of you walking slowly and carefully out of the room and down the hall. "Do you think they'll let me go today?" 

"Maybe." You shrugged, watching him carefully. "Are you sore at all?" 

"Duh." He mocked. "I was hit by a moving vehicle." 

"Shut up." You laughed, waving at some of the other patients that were coming out of their rooms for a walk as well. "Look, other patients even know they have to walk even when they don't have anyone to nag them." You frowned. "I wish someone would be there with them. Being in the hospital alone ." 

"Were you in the hospital alone before?" Hakyeon glanced at you. 

"Once. I can't remember what it was for, Ha Yi would remember if you asked her, but I stayed there for a while. Ha Yi was the only one that would come up but even then she was busy working so it was only for a short while." 

"You can't remember why you were in the hospital?" 

You shook your head. "I find it off as well. But I really don't." 

"You're just weird." 

"Hey, won't people recognize you here?" You thought suddenly. 

"Most of the people in here have been in here so long that they don't keep up with things like that. Plus, half of them don't care." Hakyeon sighed. "The doctors know who I am but they obviously couldn't tell even if they wanted too." 

"Then it must be a relaxing place here for you since you don't have to cover yourself up when you leave the room." 

"Sort of." 

You two circled around the unit and then came back to his room where the staff doctor and the other doctor, Dr. Choi, were waiting. You helped Hakyeon get back into bed and then went to the couch, folding up the sheet as they talked. 

"We're coming to the conclusion that you have a minor concussion." The staff doctor spoke easily. "Just watch what you do, don't do anything strenuous, and I would even hold off on dancing for a few weeks until it subsides. Sing if you wish and do whatever it is idols do, just nothing strenuous or active or anything that requires a lot of thinking. Tylenol is fine to take whenever your head hurts too bad. I'd avoid ibuprofen if you can." 

"How long do you think I have to watch myself?" 

"It's completely up to how you heal." Dr. Choi spoke in return. "I, personally, would keep it low for a few months and slowly add on a few more activities every week or so if you start feeling better. Usually concussions can last up two three months." 

You frowned. Not dancing is going to kill him. 

"Just keep all activities at a minimum for a while." The staff doctor sighed. "You also had surgery on your shoulder so that will take some time to heal as well. I'd like it if you came into the hospital at the end March so we can examine how well your shoulder and your head is healing." 

You put away the sheet and watched Hakyeon with careful eyes. "Can he be discharged today? He was stable all night last night and he seems to be much more stable today." You nudged yourself in. 

"Yes." The staff doctor smiled widely at you. Why does his moods change like that? It's creepy. "We're in the process of preparing the discharge papers. He should be out of here around one or two." 

"That's good." You sighed with relief. "Thank you, both of you."

The two of them nodded and left the room. "3 months?" Hakyeon grumbled. 

"Yeah. That means no more getting hit by cars." You joked, sitting on the edge of his bed. "I'm going to go home and shower before my class today. I'll be here when they discharge you so that I can leave with you." 

"Your class ends around two, right?" 

"1:30." You nodded. "It's not very far from this hospital though so I should make it if they discharge you at two. If I can't, make sure you call your manager." 

"What am I going to do, walk?" He mocked. 

"Shut up." You stood. "I'll see you later, okay?" 

"Sure." He laughed as you left the room. 

I'm glad he gets to go home today. I just feel really bad about him having a concussion.

--

"Hello? Is this ____?" 

"Yes, this is me." You mumbled. "Who is this?" 

"You can call me Officer Lee, calling from the Seoul police station."

"Oh! Did you guys catch the guy?" 

"We have two suspects right now." He sighed. "One of them came to us this morning and confessed. But the other one is the actual owner of the car." 

"Huh? Well then wouldn't it be the one who owns the car?" 

"You'd think but we can't just assume in this situation. Would you like to come here? One of them claims to know you when I mentioned you as a contact of Cha Hakyeon." 

"I'll be right there." You hung up and hurried into the living room where Ha Yi and Hakyeon were talking. 

Hakyeon gave up on hiding his injuries when he was discharged. He said that it was pointless trying to hide it now that he was out of the hospital. Which you agreed with. 

"I'm going to the police station." You announced, grabbing your jacket. 

"Did they catch the guy?" Ha Yi looked at you in surprise, Hakyeon casting you an odd look as well. 

"There's two people." You sighed. "And one of them claims to know me."

"That's never good. What if it's someone we know? That'll make things really difficult for you." Ha Yi frowned. 

"Let's hope not." You agreed. "Anyways, I'll text you both when I'm on my way home. Hakyeon, you're fine for now, right?"

"I have Ha Yi if I need anything." He smiled a little. "Don't worry about me and try not to stress out so much." 

You gave him a smile and ran out of the apartment. 

Someone who knows me... Hm? Interesting. 

--

"Officer Lee?" You looked at the officer that was standing just outside the station. 

"That's me." He smiled, shaking your hand. "You must live close." 

"I do. I'd have been here sooner but the traffic is no joke." You chuckled, following him inside and towards the back of the station, entering into what looked like his office. 

Two people sat with their backs to you in front of you. They were both male and looked rather young for the most part. 

"Ah, could you come here first?" Officer Lee stopped you from walking further. "I want to inform you in on a few more things regarding this case." 

"Oh, okay." You nodded, leaving the room just as one of them glanced around his shoulder. But you didn't get to see his face because the door frame blocked your view the second he had turned. I want to know who they are... 

Officer Lee led you out into the main area and sat at a desk, inviting you to sit in the seat just in front of the desk. You did so easily and sighed. "This case is a rather odd one." 

"Why do you say that?" 

"Two suspects are in custody yet neither of them fit the very brief description the witness gave us." 

"She saw him then?" 

"She said that he looked like an older man when he glanced out the window after striking the victim." 

"It was dark, she could've been mistaken." 

"We're aware of that." He nodded. "But it's the only lead, other than the license plate number, to go off of."

You sat there for a moment. "Did either of them say anything about it?" 

"The one who confessed said that he was using his friends car and was driving to find someone's apartment and ended up on that street even though it was the completely wrong street. He didn't say why he left him there though and I asked him what the car looked like and his description was different than what the actual car was." 

"So he's fake?" 

"I feel like that could be it. But it could also be much more complicated than that, like plate switching." 

"But even so, the car would be registered, right?" 

He laughed. "Am I the one informing you or are you? You seem to know a lot about this stuff." 

"I learned a few things when my dad was killed when I was younger." You frowned. 

"Anyways, the suspect that owns the car is claiming that he painted his car a different color the day after the incident occured without having any knowledge of what his 'friend' had done that night." 

"That sounds suspicious... Why would someone just randomly paint their car a new color?" 

"We know." He laughed again. 

"Sorry." You bowed your head a little. "So are you going to keep them here until you get enough clues on what happened?" 

"We're going to call in some people that are close to them and ask where they were that night." He nodded. "We'll investigate plenty before deeming who did what." 

"That's good. Thank you, Officer Lee." 

"Now, would you like to meet them? I'm curious to how you would know them." 

"Me too." You nodded, following him once more into his office. 

"You can sit over here with me, just pull that extra chair beside me. I don't want you sitting next to the suspects." Officer Lee smiled. 

You nodded again, dragging one of the chairs to his side and sitting beside him. 

"____..." 

You looked up at the one that called out your name, your face twisting with both anger and shock. 

How is he involved in this? That can't be correct... Something is wrong, right? 

"____... You have to believe me. If no one else... You will. Right?" 

Your eyebrow twitched a little as you stared at his face. 

Why is it you? 

"Right?" 

"Why is it you?" 

"____?" 

You lowered your gaze and rubbed your temples. 

It's just my luck... 

 

 

What did you all think of Fantasy?? I can safely say that I'm still in shock (I was so shocked I literally cried... Especially Hakyeon and Wonsik... They're just beautiful! But so are the rest. They always are, that's VIXX) and I've had the MV on repeat for a long while! This concept works really well for them and I'm still hyped! If you haven't checked it out, you should. It is for sure worth your time... And your soul ;) 

Anyways! Thank you for reading and subscribing! I might be mosting chapter 36 on early morning Wednesday instead of Thursday because I'm super busy Thursday. Seems this month is a busy one for me, but no worries, I'll get the chapters out to you all! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~