Karaoke

To the Moon

It was now the beginning of April, nothing really special happened in those passed few months. You and Jae Jung were still a "couple" and that whole idea launched you into some acting spots. You starred in a few more MVs as small parts and even an extra in a few dramas. Not anything huge, but little things. Your acting has improved and so has your communication skills. You've even got some vocals, singing wise, in progress and they weren't half bad. The director didn't harass you about dating Hakyeon anymore because he knew that you weren't going to budge. It had you worried for when the contact resigning would happen but that's still far down the road. But, he was happy enough that you accepted the role as Jae Jung's girlfriend. You've just started to think of it as an acting gig and that it'll help you with your acting. You just hope that it would end soon. 

Hakyeon's concussion healed up faster than expected and he was now back to his daily tasks. His shoulder was still healing but he didn't need to wear the sling everywhere he went anymore. He just had to be cautious and wear it when he felt pain. But you haven't seen him for a really long time so you really couldn't say anything more about it since you only knew from the phone calls and texts he gave. 

Everything was going smoothly with the whole accident or deal as well. Hyun Shik was found innocent after the trial. Many people had claimed to have heard him talking about getting his car resprayed way before the incident so that helped a ton with his innocence pleas. His friend, who's name you've forgotten since it was not that important for you to know anyways, has to pay a fine and spend up to two years in prison. It was originally just going to be a fine since Hakyeon didn't feel it necessary to send him to the court and asked for just a fine settlement. But, he couldn't pay off the fine so he paid what he could and then was sent to prison to "pay" off the rest of the fine. 

Jae Jung no longer harassed you. Frankly, he stopped that right after you made him acknowledge his with you. You two were even starting to get along and almost to the point of calling one another a friend. You two were with each other nearly every day, if not every day then every other day. It wasn't your choice, but the director's, so you just did what you were told. You helped him with MV productions for different idols, you went on "dates" with him to show off to the media that you two were still working out, and you even went over to his house a few times to help organize his schedules. That was actually your idea. He was super unorganized and you just couldn't take anymore so you went over there and spent two hours with him to organize it. 

If you were to say that Hakyeon never got jealous, you were lying. He plays it off cool because he knows it wasn't your choice, but he can't help but get anxious and tense whenever he sees articles about you and Jae Jung and then the pictures, even some fan videos, of the dates you went on with Jae Jung. You felt bad but what could you do? You and Jae Jung were rising in popularity because of this and the director wants to keep it that way for a while. And nothing changes the director's mind... You tried. 

But since everything lately has been very boring and repetitive, there really wasn't much free time to hang out with anyone other than Jae Jung. Whichs ... A lot. 

--

"____-ah... Are you home?" Ha Yi whined as she came into the door with a giant yawn. 

"For like 5 minutes, I'm getting ready to leave." You glanced at her from around the archway of the kitchen. "Why?"

"Never mind. I was going to ask if you wanted to go catch a movie with me or something." She sighed. 

You finished making the last sandwich and packed it into your lunch box, placing it beside Jae Jung's and wrapping them up together in cloth. "I have to spend a few hours with Jae Jung. He's starring in another music video and there are a lot of reporters there because of it." 

"You even went as far as to make him lunch? Even I'd think he's your real boyfriend at this point." Ha Yi downed some water and stole a few bites of the left over meat from the sandwiches. "Have you talked to Hakyeon?"

"Not since last week." You frowned at her. "We're busy lately. It's expected that we don't talk often." 

"VIXX is rumored to be going to China and Japan this week. It didn't say how long they'd be gone but you should ask Hakyeon about it before they leave." Ha Yi stole a few more bits of the leftovers. 

"He'll tell me." You smiled at Ha Yi, picking up the lunches. "See you later!" 

You rushed passed Ha Yi and headed to the elevators. I'll give Hakyeon a call after I eat with Jae Jung. 

You rushed to your car and drove off as quick as you could. Jae Jung didn't say when he'd want to eat but I figured I could be there anyways. The sooner I finish up there, the sooner I can call Hakyeon.

You were caught up in traffic for a little while but it didn't last long and in no time you were at the set. You bowed to the cast and to the camera people as you passed, carrying the lunches in your hands very obviously so that it was caught on camera of one of the reporters. 

Jae Jung was in sight the second you stepped inside so you hurried over there and placed the clothed boxes on the floor at his feet. "When do you want to eat?" You mumbled. 

"We can eat now. I've been hoping you'd appear soon cause I'm starving." He sighed. "I don't do anything. I've done my parts already so I'm left just watching." He picked up the lunches and led you over to a nearby table to eat, unraveling the cloth and taking out the small boxes of food. "Sandwiches?" 

"What? You expect a buffet?" You joked. "I can't make anything else but this and ramen. I at cooking."

"I like sandwiches, it's okay." He didn't go along with the joke and dug into his meal, you doing the same and keeping a curious eye on him. 

"Are you upset today?" You mumbled around your food, ignoring the camera flashes around you as the reporters saw you and Jae Jung together. "You don't catch along with my jokes." 

"I'm tired." He focused on his food, not meeting your eyes even once, which was strange for him because he liked to challenge you despite the age different. He's different today. It's strange. 

"Okay." You shrugged, not really caring, and took out your phone to text Hakyeon. 

To: Yeonie

Are you busy? Let's hang out. It's been a while... Jae Jung and I are finishing up with our meal and then I'm free. 

From: Yeonie

Asking if I'm busy is like asking if I'm alive, of course I'm busy

To: Yeonie

Are you busy enough that you can't see me then? 

From: Yeonie

Never. 

You smiled, blushing a little out of happiness. 

To: Yeonie

Where are you then?

From: Yeonie

The dorm. We've been dancing. 

To: Yeonie

How's your shoulder? 

From: Yeonie

Managable. 

To: Yeonie

Text me if you change locations. I'll be an hour or so before I'm able to come over there. 

From: Yeonie

Okay

You and Jae Jung finished your meal and chatted a little before your phone went off, the director being the one who called. "Yes?" 

"Are you at Jae Jung's set right now?" 

"Yeah... Why?" 

"Just, I was going to have you come in here if you weren't." 

"You told me to come here yesterday." You laughed a little. "Do you want me to go there after I'm done here?" 

"No, that's okay." He hung up. 

What the hell? 

"Let's just get this over with, hm?" You sighed at Jae Jung.

I want to see Hakyeon.

--

"Hakyeon-ah..." You called as you entered the practice room at the dorm but no one was there. "He said to come down here..." 

You shrugged and went back up the stairs and up even more stairs to get to the dorm room. You knocked on the door a few times before coming in.

"Hakyeon?" You called again and stood in the middle of the room, waiting for a response you never got. "Where did they go?" 

You checked in his room and in a few other rooms as well but no one was here either so you pulled out your phone and dialed Hakyeon's number but no answer. 

To: Yeonie

What the hell? I told you to text me if you had a change in plans. Where'd you even go? 

From: Yeonie

Sorry, it was sudden.

To: Yeonie

Why didn't you answer your phone?

From: Yeonie

____, I can't right now, okay? I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you soon. 

You frowned, your mood dropping completely. What was so sudden that he forgot to text me? You shook your head and left the dorm complex and hurried a crossed the street towards your apartment, seeing Ha Yi exit as you went in so you stopped her. "Where are you going? Want to go see that movie? It's Saturday so I don't have any classes today at all."

"Can't." She mumbled, leaving the apartment building without another word.

What is this? Why is everyone ditching me? You dialed your mother's number. "Mom?"

"Hello? ____-ah?" 

"Do you want to go shopping or something?" 

"Ah, dear, I can't right now." She sighed. "I'm a little busy with Tae Hee." 

You gave a frustrated sigh and hung up, dialing Hyun Shik's number as a last resort since you two weren't on the best of terms since the accident. But he didn't answer.

Fine, I'll just spend it alone. My one day off and I spend it alone, not too bad. 

You entered your apartment and collapsed on the couch with a big sigh, staring up at the ceiling. You scrolled through twitter for a while and then went to playing games on your phone before ultimately falling asleep. 

You were asleep for a while before your door opened, waking you up. You opened your eyes and glanced at the door, not able to see who it was since the wall was in the way from how you were laying. It's probably Ha Yi. You just relaxed again and closed your eyes, wanting to nap more. 

"____-ah?" Hakyeon's voice made your eyes open once more and you caught sight of him coming around the wall. 

You sat up, yawning a little. "What the hell?" 

"Stop swearing!" He laughed, sitting down beside you and smoothening your ruffled hair. 

"I forget that I gave you the 3rd key." You stretched your arms and yawned again. "I thought you were busy?" 

"I was." He smiled, reaching into his pocket. "I had to go do something with my members and I bought you something on the way back." He put a little phone charm on the palm of your hand. "I felt bad for having to leave all the sudden so I bought it to make you forgive me." 

You put the charm on the end table and looked back at Hakyeon. He was looking at you almost like he was hesitant on what to say next. "Thank you. But you didn't have to buy me something for me to forgive you. All you had to do was show up." You smiled as well and embraced him carefully, cautious of his shoulder. "Everyone was busy so I took a nap." 

", doesn't it? Being super busy and then finally having a spot open but everyone else is suddenly busy at that time." He rested his head with yours. 

"Yes, it ." 

"Now it doesn't! Let's go do stuff." He let go of you. 

"Like what?" You sat up, grabbing your phone and putting the cute little bear charm on your phone. "It's cute." 

"What about karaoke?" 

"You'd do karaoke with me?" You got excited, jumping to your feet. "Let's go!" 

You pulled on his hand until he got to his feet. "Okay, okay, let's go!" He laughed, allowing you to tug him out the door after slipping on shoes. 

--

The two of you had rented out a room to mess around with the karaoke machine for a while. He was a show off at first by knowing the lyrics and dances to most of the songs but when it was your turn, you showed off a little too, using your improved singing and actually knowing most songs. 

"I thought you were an actress, why'd your singing get better?" He mocked as you sat beside him with a wide smile. 

"They have me take vocal classes." You reminded him. "Don't ask me, I don't know why I need to be able to sing either." 

He watched you for a moment. "When can you end things with Jae Jung?" 

Your smile faded and you just sighed. "It's not my choice and you know this." 

"I know, I was just asking when. I don't like him hanging around you so much." Hakyeon pouted. 

"Me either." You nodded, sipping the glass of water from the table. "The director just wants more attention on me." 

"But why not with me!" He whined, knowing the answer already. "It's no fair..." 

"You're such a baby!" You laughed, lying down and resting your head on his lap. "Think of it as an acting thing. That's how I've began to look at it anyways."

"I know." He leaned down and pecked your lips. "You'd probably act the same way if it were the other way around."

"No, I'd be way more immature and probably fight with you a lot because of how jealous I'd be. You handle these things way better than I do." 

He laughed. "Sure, I can see that." He leaned down once more and pecked your lips again. "We need to be together more. We're never together lately." 

"Stop being busy." 

"You're more busy than I am!" 

"Oh yeah." You laughed again. "How's your shoulder? You were moving around a lot. Do you need any pain relievers?"

"What, did you become a walking hospital?" He sat up and put his hand over your eyes playfully. 

"Yes, actually. I carry Tylenol with me all the time cause I get headaches when I'm near Jae Jung. But I also carry them for you incase you need them when you're with me."

"I'm fine." He mumbled, taking his hand away. "I'll let you know when I hurt, don't worry!" 

"You better." You sat up and smiled again. "Should we sing more?" 

He seemed to think some. "I think I'd rather sit here then sing." 

"You hurt, don't you?" You glared at him lazily.

"No, I said I didn't." He leaned towards you. "Do I have to be in pain to want to sit here?" 

You realized what he meant and your heart raced as he brought you closer again and kissed your lips. The kiss felt desperate and needy, you assumed it was since the two of you didn't really get moments like these often. You tangled you fingers in his hair and made it bluntly obvious how much you were enjoying the intimate moment. 

His hands moved from the sides of your face to around your waist and he tugged again, trying to get you even closer than you already were. It was physically impossible to be any closer to each other but it didn't feel like it was enough. His lips parted from yours for a moment so the two of you could catch your breath once more.

"See? This is much better than singing." Hakyeon smirked slightly before he pressed his lips to yours again, this time his kiss was more forceful and he didn't wait for you to allow him to lead. 

You couldn't think about anything other than how it felt with his lips with yours and the way his hands would move a crossed your back. You wrapped your arms around the back of his neck and stopped fighting to be in lead and just let him take over. He was more dominant than you in this field anyways, you already knew that. 

But the kiss ended, once more, way too soon as he pulled away first. "What?" You looked at him, your eyes burning with the same amount of passion as his were. 

"If I continue, I won't be able to stop." He winked, pulling further away. 

You blushed hard when you figured out what he meant and then smiled. "Now should we sing?" 

"It's probably best if we do." He agreed quickly. 

This side of Hakyeon is very attractive... I hope he'll be more intimate in the future just like he was now. 

--

"So what'd you do yesterday?" Jae Jung mumbled around food. The two of you were at the company having lunch. You didn't have any classes again today since it was Sunday but you had a few things to do with the director and Jae Jung. 

You thought back to the intimate moment you shared with Hakyeon and felt your face heat up all over again. You ducked your head to keep him from noticing and smiled a little. "I went out for karaoke with a friend." 

Jae Jung snickered. "Is Cha Hakyeon a friend?" 

"Stop assuming." You raised your head and bit into the freshly made sushi. "This is really good." 

"I'm not assuming, I saw the pictures online." 

"WHAT?" You snapped your glare at him. "Where? Why? What are they of?"

"See? You were with Hakyeon." He burst out laughing. "There are no pictures online." 

"You're an . I hate you so much." You growled, eating once more.

From: Ugly Duck

Hello, my name is Kim Wonsik, in case you've forgotten me. 

To: Ugly Duck

Hi there... I've been busy :( 

From: Ugly Duck

I'm kidding, let's hang out tonight. 

To: Ugly Duck

Maybe, depends if I'm awake enough for it. I'm pretty tired today. 

From: Ugly Duck

Let me know, I'll even let Hakyeon tag along because he's been whining about not wanting to do anything for a while now, I'm assuming he just wants to see you. 

To: Ugly Duck

I'll let you know

"Is that the person of word?" Jae Jung interrupted your thoughts. 

"No, it's Wonsik... Ravi." You gave him an odd look. "No, I don't have to call him that, you already know that I'm close with VIXX." 

"True." He nodded. 

The two of you finished up the meal and went to the director's office as fast as possible, both wanting to go home but knowing it won't happen.

"Jae Jung, I need you to do a promotional ad tonight." The director spoke immediately. "____, I want you to go audition as an extra for a drama." 

"You don't need to audition to be an extra..." You mumbled to yourself, knowing that he was hinting for you to try and be a support character. I don't think I'm talented enough. "Sure." 

He handed Jae Jung his paperwork and then you yours. "Look over these as you head the locations and you'll be fine." 

He shooed you guys out the door and Jae Jung just sort of gave you a look. "What the hell?" 

"Agreed." You nodded. "How am I supposed to audition for a role I won't get without even a day to prepare?" 

"The director is a weird guy." Jae Jung sighed as the two of you got in the elevator. "Let's just thank him that we don't have to go on anymore dates for attention." 

I hope he doesn't make me do any of that anymore. I can tell that Hakyeon is starting to lose his grips on the situation. 

And so am I, if I'm honest. 

 

Thank you for reading and subscribing! :) Panda had me update today on sudden notice... She's apparently getting some pet rats and had to clean the entire house in preparation for them... Bleeh, she's crazy. Anyways, hope you enjoy! - Exotic