A Date With Hakyeon

To the Moon

"Turn your phone off." You scolded Hakyeon as it rang. "You promised you wouldn't answer phone calls and ditch me." 

"It's Wonsik though." He pouted. 

You shook your head. "No! He might steal you away." You grabbed onto Hakyeon's arm as the two of you entered the theater you'd be watching a movie from. "Don't do it!" 

He looked at you and sighed. "Wonsik and Wonsik only." He answered the phone anyways. "Wonsik, what is it?" 

You let go of his arm, pushing him a little with defeat, and ordered the tickets while he talked on the phone. You two had previously decided on a cheeky little film before you had left the dorm. 

You returned to him and handed him a ticket as he hung up. "What'd he want?" You asked. 

Hakyeon shrugged. "Something about food." 

"You don't even know!" 

"_____-ah!" Hakyeon whined and scurried after you through the lobby towards the room you'd be watching the film in. 

You tried to be serious but when he caught up to you, his face was just too cute to be serious. "Yah, fix your face." You giggled, poking his furrowed eyebrows. "I'm only playing with you."

"You're like a time bomb. Always ticking but I never know when you're going to explode." He sighed.

"Boom." You giggled again before hurrying to find your seat in the room. 

Hakyeon tripped over the stairs and nearly fell, causing you to grab onto one of the seats to keep from laughing loudly. "What are you laughing at? It's dark in here." He was chuckling himself and pushing you down the row. 

The two of you sat in the middle all the way at the back of the theater so that he could take his hood and sun glasses off. "It's only dark because you wore those sun glasses in here. Idiot." You shook your head.

"____-ah." He touched his hair. "Do you think my hair sticks out too much?"

"Well duh." You nodded, touching his hair too just for fun. "It's soft too." 

"Yah, don't feel my hair." He scolded as his phone started vibrating again. He looked to you with a startled expression and you returned it with a disgusted look. "It's Wonsik again." 

You stole the phone from him and answered it. 

"Hyung!" Wonsik's voice was loud on the other end. 

"Do I sound like a hyung to you?" You spat, Hakyeon staring at you in amusement. 

"____? Why do you have Hakyeon's phone? WAIT! Are you two together?"

"Yeah, he's right beside me."

"That liar." 

"What? Well, whatever, I don't care. What do you want? We're in the theater, the movie is going to start soon." 

"Can I talk to Hakyeon hyung?"

"Nope. I'm not letting you steal him from me." You sighed, hanging up the phone as Wonsik started talking. 

You shut off his phone completely and gave it back to him. "____-ah, what if they need me later?" 

"They can't need you for everything." 

The two of you went silent when the film started. It started off interesting, you and he were both loving it. But he must've got bored half way through because when you weren't so focused on the film, he was staring at you. The first few times, you thought he was just looking at the otherside of the theater since people were still exiting and entering even in the middle of the film. But every time, he was looking directly at you and it made your heart tingle a little. 

"Why are you looking at me?" You eventually whispered, keeping your eyes on the film. 

"How do you know I'm looking at you? I could be looking over there." 

"Because I've already thought about that possibility before asking you why you're staring at me." 

"And you ruled it out?" 

"Yup. So why are you?"

"Am I not allowed too?" 

"Are you bored?"

"Nope." He shook his head. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you caught a slight smile tracing his lips. "Watch the movie, idiot. I'm not a movie." 

He nodded, watching the film for maybe 20 more minutes before staring at you again. He obviously wanted something but you didn't really want to ask. 

"Do you like this movie?" Hakyeon whispered, suddenly. 

"Such a sudden question..." You smiled. "Yeah, it's interesting. I thought it'd be super cheesy but it is actually pretty great. Why?" 

 You glanced at him for a moment while waiting for his response but that moment was too long. Hakyeon, before you realized what he was doing, leaned towards you and captured your lips with his, your eyes closing on instinct. You were so shocked at the sudden move that you didn't know how to react. Your heart was pounded and your face was hot; you had no idea what to do. He had made your mind go completely blank. 

The kiss wasn't really that long or go any further than him simply pressing his lips to yours but it was still enough to leave you frozen to the spot when he pulled away, keeping his nose just inches from your face. "____-ah, the movie is over." His voice brought you back to reality and you moved your eyes to the screen, surprised that the credits had been rolling for quite some time now. 

"You..." You faced him again, touching your lips with your fingertips. 

"I what?" He chuckled, shrugging. "I didn't do anything." 

He stood up, putting his hoodie on, and left the room. You sat there for a moment, feeling your lips. Idiot... You can't just kiss me like that and then walk away... You giggled, removing your hand from your lips and leaving the room. 

"Now where'd he just go?" You mumbled as you gazed around the theater. 

There were clusters of people everywhere. It seems that most of the movies ended around the same time ours did. You were growing frustrated that you couldn't find Hakyeon until he showed up out of no where with his sun glasses on. 

"Where'd you go?" You mumbled as he led you out the back way of the theater. 

"I went to go look at other movies. I want to see more with you." He smiled at you. "I enjoyed it."

"You weren't even watching half of it!" You protested.

"Yeah but the ending was pretty amazing." He winked at you and walked ahead of you a little, leaving you to follow in a daze. 

"That wasn't even a real kiss." You grumbled, blushing slightly. 

"It was still our first kiss." Hakyeon hummed. "Are you hungry? Where too?"

You checked your phone and sighed. "It's almost midnight, Hakyeon." You were glad you wore longsleeves today because it was chilly now that the sun was down. 

"So? Should we go to a club?" He joked. 

"Yes, let's go." You nodded, turning away from him. 

"Yah, yah, yah!" He grabbed your arm and pulled you back towards the way you two were going. "I was kidding."

"I'm not." You blinked at him, pausing in your steps. 

He turned and looked at you. "Fine, go ahead."

"Okay, see you. Thanks for the movie." You waved at him, smiling, and turned back the other way. 

"YAH! You're not supposed to actually go!" He yowled when you walked pretty far from him. He caught up to you easily though and grabbed onto your hand, bringing your feet to a halt again. 

"What?" You giggled. "I don't even know where the clubs are, where could I go?" 

He tsked at you and lead you back the original way. "You can't even dance. I won't let you embarrass yourself."

"Hey! Not fair." You smiled, falling a little bit behind him. He's almost too perfect. What if this is just a dream and when I wake up, I'm still living in Suwon with Ha Yi without ever having known Hakyeon? 

"What are you doing? Do you like my back?" Hakyeon glanced at your briefly, leading you down the sidewalk towards where he had parked. 

He parked a good block away from the theater because apparently he likes walking with you. But to you it just feels like he's doing that so he can ditch you faster. All jokes, of course... Maybe not all. 

"Yes, it's a nice back." You chuckled, falling back in step beside him. "Are you going to feed me or what? I'm hungry." 

"I'll cook for you." 

You squinted at him. "Is this a trick? You're actually a really bad cook, aren't you?"

"I make killer ramen." 

"TRUE! I liked your ramen when I first visited the dorm. You know, back when I hated you." You joked the last part.

"Tsh. Whatever." He sighed, glancing at the cars that went by and all the people still walking on the streets. "Seoul never sleeps." 

"I sleep. It's a great thing, really." 

"Oh?" He laughed. "I don't sleep. Tell me how it is." 

"I just did, it's great." 

"Thanks, I can truly picture the experience with your brilliant usage of words. Thank you." 

"You're too sarcastic." You mumbled. "You should really sleep more." 

"We're leaving for Japan soon? Do you need help packing?" He changed the subject.

"Japan, what? When? Why did no one tell me this?" You looked at him with shock. 

"Oh. I thought I told you..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "We leave Friday. You still have two days."

"How long are we staying in Japan?"

"A week at most. Probably." 

You sighed and nodded. "I can pack for that. Where will I sleep though?" 

"You have two choices. One, which I highly disagree with, is that you could share a room with our manager. And two, which I still disagree with but it's better than the first one, is that you could share a room with VIXX. We'll give you a bed to yourself and I'll probably just end up sleeping on the floor."

"Yeah, I disagree with choice number one as well. Not that he's a bad guy but being alone in a room with just him and no one else is kind of scary." 

"You could get your own room but that would have to come out of your own money." 

"Nope, I'm good." The two of you reached the van and climbed in, letting Hakyeon drive this time. "Ha Yi went to Suwon to be with Hyun Shik. She said he's having a few friends over for a bit so I doubt she'll be home tonight. Cook me ramen!" 

"You sound like you want me to stay the night." Hakyeon snickered as he started the van and pulled out onto the street. 

"Noooo!" You shook your head furiously. "No, no, no!" 

"Says the person who stayed over at the dorm without permission." 

You growled at him. "Yaah. That was a complete accident and you know it!" 

"Sure, sure. Or was it just a plan to sleep with me?" 

"Why would I voluntarily do that?" 

"Don't act like you hate me!" He smiled again. 

"I can do what I what." 

The two of you sat in silence the rest of the car ride to your apartment.

I wonder... Does he want to sleep with me or is he just joking...? 

Seems like something I need to find out in the future. 

--

The boys uploaded a Vlog on the V app before the plane took off for Tokyo. Since the plane hadn't taken off for a long time, Hakyeon sat in his seat and ended up falling asleep so of course VIXX would utilize this opportunity and film Hakyeon while he was asleep. The plane had just took off maybe a 10 minutes ago. 

The boys told you that Hakyeon had a few photoshoots yesterday and some filming for other things so that's why he was so tired today. You wondered why he wasn't with you and VIXX the entire day but now you knew. The day before was the day he took you on a date which made you wonder how tired he was when he woke up yesterday only to have to do all this. 

Hyuk and Hongbin sat towards the front of the plane cabin and played on their phones. Taekwoon sat a seat in front of you and was listening to his music again while Jaehwan and Wonsik sat a crossed from you whispering amongst themselves. Hakyeon sat beside you. Previously, he was sleeping with his head against the window but you thought that'd be too uncomfortable for him so you moved his head to rest on your shoulder. You knew he was exhausted when he didn't wake up even after you moved his head. 

The manager approached you. "____, your hotel room will be a floor above mine and VIXX, is that alright with you?"

"My room?" You kept your voice down. "I thought I was sharing with the boys?"

"Hakyeon had me purchase a room for you and then paid it off for me. He didn't want you sleeping with the boys." He smiled. "He's more sensitive than he looks."

"I know." You giggled, bowing your head in thanks as he returned to the back of the plane in his seat with a few security guards. 

You smiled cheekily to yourself and ran your fingers through his hair. His hair was a lot softer than you expected. Sighing, you dropped your arm and pulled out your phone. You opened the camera app and snapped a few pictures of Hakyeon and then a few pictures of both you and Hakyeon. 

"Is that enough for you?" Hakyeon's sleepy voice startled you and you dropped your phone. 

"You were awake?" You blushed.

"I woke up when you started taking pictures." He rubbed his eyes and yawned slightly. "I'm tired." 

"Do you want me to delete them?" You pouted, moving your phone under the seat with your foot. I don't want to move, I'll get it later. 

He leaned down, grabbed your phone, and placed it on your lap before resting his head on your shoulder again. "No, keep them. I trust you not to leak them."

"Wait, can I leak them?"

He chuckled. "Do it, see what happens." 

You smiled again and poked his nose. "See, tired Hakyeon is my favorite Hakyeon because you don't bug me as much." 

"Tch." He grumbled. "Hey, ____-ah. I organized my feelings for you and Tae Hee. Do you want to hear my conclusion?"

Your heart stopped. Is he going to tell me that he needs more time to get over Tae Hee? Is he going to say that he never actually liked me? I'm scared... "Yeah, go ahead." 

He didn't respond for a while and then sat up, looking at you with sleepy eyes. He looks like a puppy... He's so cute! "____-ah." He smiled. "I love you." 

Your eyes widened and your face grew bright red. "Hakyeon-ah! Don't just throw around that word! There's no way you know." 

He laughed. "Yah, ____-ah, your face is a brighter red than my hair!" 

You buried your face into your hands. "Shut up!"

"____-ah! I love you!" Hakyeon tried to remove your hands from your face so that he could see. "I love you." 

"STOP IT!" You whined, burying your face into the back of Taekwoon's seat, your heart racing. "Hakyeon-ah... What about Tae Hee?" 

"Who cares about Tae Hee? I love ____-ah, not Tae Hee." 

"Hakyeon!" You sat up and glared at him, his face twisting into amusement and he laughed again. 

"You're still red!" Hakyeon poked at your cheeks. "How cute! I love you." 

"Stop saying it!" You ducked your head and crossed your arms to your chest. "I don't believe you." 

Hakyeon sighed, tipping your chin up so that he could look at you. "You tell me to stop saying it but then you tell me that you don't believe me. What do I do?"

You were well aware of Jaehwan and Wonsik watching the two of you with prodding eyes but you couldn't do anything about it so you just didn't respond to Hakyeon. 

"Hm? Hm?" Hakyeon smiled widely. "What do I do? Hm? ___-ah, tell me what to do. Hm?" 

"Shut up." You mumbled, flustered. 

He leaned in, trying to kiss you, but once again, you rejected him and threw your hand up to your mouth, his lips touching your hand. He sighed loudly with frustration and then offered another smile. "___-ah. I can't do that either? What do I do?" 

"Go back to sleep, that's what." You mumbled through your hand, Wonsik and Jaehwan giggling like two teenage girls after seeing their leader get rejected. 

Hakyeon looked around you and glared at the two with the most disgusted look you think you've ever seen him give. He turned back towards the plane window and watched out the small window. 

You can't waste our second kiss here being watched by those two idiots. Every kiss counts. He just has really poor timing. 

It was your turn to fall asleep this time, using Hakyeon's shoulder as a pillow like he had done to you. 

And it was comfortable, of course. 

Because it was Hakyeon. 

--

"My room?" You squealed as you entered the hotel room, shutting the door and sliding a crossed the smooth wooden floor with your socks. You had a habit of doing this at your new apartment and since the hotel was similar, it made it even better. 

The room was chilly but it wasn't too cold. It was perfect. 

The boys, all except Hakyeon and the manager, were free of all schedules. You forgot why Hakyeon was busy but you assumed it had something to do with helping the manager. Taekwoon was probably already napping. Hongbin and Hyuk were probably playing that stupid game on their phones and Wonsik was probably messing around with Jaehwan. Those two were like dumb and dumber. 

You threw your luggage onto the chair near the big window of the hotel and then collapsed on the bed. The plane ride was two hours along and you had left Seoul around 4 or 5. You had told the boys that you'd eat on your own today instead of eating together and they all agreed that they'd all be eating seperately. 

You pulled out your phone and texted Ha Yi. 

To: Ha Yi

Tokyo's air is so different! I like it here already. We landed about an hour ago and I got my own room. It's so big! The bed is comfy too. I'm actually in bed right now. I'll eat some ramen or something if I can find energy to leave the room. Hakyeon told me that he loved me and told me that Tae Hee was basically no more than a first love and a memory now. I want to tell him that I love him too but what if I don't? Yeah, I like him but is it deep enough to call it love? I'm not sure. How are you doing all alone in Seoul? 

From: Ha Yi

Tch. Having fun with our favorite band ever? I swear, you must've saved a princess in your past life or something. But, him telling you that he loves you is a big step in the right direction. Think on it more! I'm confident you love him. I would bet my entire fortune on it. Well, the little I have. Hehe! :) 

To: Ha Yi

Maybe. I'm busy, talk to you later. 

From: Ha Yi

Liar! But see you anyways! 

To: Yeonie

Are you done yet? I want to eat ramen with you. 

You placed your phone on the table, not expecting him to answer for a while, and decided to wash up. You opened your bag and gathered everything you needed before heading into the bathroom and starting the water. 

So, it's nice to know that Hakyeon's taking our relationship serious. I think it's time I do the same. We're not even dating yet but I have a feeling we will be soon. This makes me so happy! 

You stepped into the shower and took a good hour or two just washing up before you got out, brushed your teeth, and exited the bathroom in just a towel to get your clothes from your bag. 

We won't be eating ramen together tonight. Oh well. I kind of figured as much. 

You got yourself dressed into a pair of baggy sweat pants and a tank top, letting your damp hair dry out naturally as you hung your towel in the bathroom. You were just about to check your phone when your door was unlocked and Hakyeon walked in. You nearly screeched with surprise and stared at him as he entered.

"YAH! Can't you knock, at least? Or call?" You yowled, running over to your bag to put on a t-shirt. 

"I did call. 10 times, actually." He laughed, sitting on the edge of your bed. "You weren't answering so I thought you went out and explored Tokyo by yourself. But, here you were, taking a shower." 

"I didn't expect you to answer so fast." You mumbled, seeing all the missed calls from him when you picked up your phone. "Do you want ramen?" 

He nodded over at the plastic bag sitting on the table against the wall by the door. "I bought some ramen on the way."

"I didn't even see that you had that." You scurried over to the bag and pulled out the packages he bought. "You bought a lot."

"I bought a lot since we'll be here for a week. It's the cheapest food and it's still good." He joined you. "We can either go to the breakfast lounge and cook it or we can just put it in the microwave for a little bit." 

"Well, I look like I was just hit with a bus and then rained on so let's just put it in the microwave." You giggled. "What about bowls?" 

Hakyeon grumbled with irritation. "I forgot." 

"Aww... No ramen for me then." You put the packages back in the bag and went over into the bathroom to blow dry your hair. You were just going to leave it be but now that Hakyeon was here, you felt self conscious. 

"Just leave your hair be, you look fine." Hakyeon pulled you out of the bathroom and moved your luggage so that he could sit in the chair. "Are you going to sleep soon? I'll leave when you're going to sleep." 

You shook your head, seating yourself at the head of the bed and using a pillow to prop your back up. "I'm just going to relax. Do you want to watch TV with me? The manager told me that there are funny variety shows on if you can find them." 

He nodded, looking at you cautiously. You could tell he was debating whether he should stay put or join you. 

"You can't see from over there, come over here." You smiled at him as he easily jumped out of the chair and climbed onto the bed, sitting beside you and propping himself against the headboard with a pillow just like you had. "You're too excited." 

He chuckled and grabbed the remote from the end table, turning on the TV and scrolling through the limited channels. "I don't see a variety channel." He grumbled.

You shrugged. "Don't ask me." 

He looked for it a bit longer and then grew frustrated, turning off the TV. "Who needs TV anyways?" He mumbled, glancing at you. 

You gave him a funny look. "Don't be getting any weird thoughts. We're not even dating." 

"___-ah, do you want to be my girlfriend?" He sat up, glancing back at you. 

You rolled your eyes. "Yes, I do." 

"Sweet." He leaned in to kiss you but you pushed his face away again. "_____-ahhh." 

You sighed. "You're a very impatient person. And you've got your timing all wrong." 

"This is was perfect timing!" He whined. 

You sat up and glared at him, shaking your head again. "No not really. There's nothing romantic about sitting here. How's that good timing?" 

He nodded. "Fine, have it your way." 

You felt happy since you finally won an argument with Hakyeon. But that didn't last long because apparently he wasn't done arguing about it. 

It all happened too fast, honestly. One moment he was glancing behind your shoulder and the next he was hovering over you, his nose just inches from yours. 

"Hakyeon, what are you doing?" You blushed immediately. "Hakyeon!"

"Is this air more romantic now?" 

"Well, y-yeah, but..." You hesitated. 

He smirked at you and brought his face even closer to yours. Your mind went blank and you stared at him, not knowing what to expect. 

You honestly didn't know what to expect from him in this situation. 

Hakyeon... What are you thinking right now? 

You could feel your heart beating faster and heavier than it ever has. You were suddenly afraid that he could hear it.

What is his heartbeat right now? 

 

 

Hehe, hey guys! I'm happy to be uploading today. I honestly thought I wouldn't. On top of scrambling to finish an essay, I also had another concert today and got into a car accident literally just before that concert. (I'm okay, it wasn't serious or else I wouldn't be posting today.) But with all that, my mood is a bit sour. I'm glad I prewrote this chapter so all I had to do was tweak a few things! Look forward to an update Thursday! As always, thank you for continuing to read and thank you for subscribing! <3 ~PandaBiscuit~