The Condo

To the Moon

"This is my place that I stay at." Jae Jung showed you into the rather small home. "It's tiny and kind of out in the middle of no where but it's easier to relax that way." 

You glanced around with a yawn. "It's so nice... Do people clean this for you when you're in Korea?" 

"Actually, it belongs to a friend of mine that lives in the US. He lets me stay here when I come since I usually stay for a few months." He sighed, leading you to the room you would be staying in. 

"Right." You nodded, putting all your bags you could carry on the ground. "Can I get the rest later? I'm pretty tired from the plane... I've never rode that long in a plane." 

"Of course. You don't have to live under me here. You can do whatever you want." He offered a smile. "I'm sorry you were forced into this. I promise I didn't say anything to him." 

"It doesn't matter." You lowered your gaze. "I'm here and that's that." 

He left the room quickly, shutting the door behind him. Ugh. I'm drained. Hakyeon has my number still so it'll be up to him to text me first on his new phone, whenever he may get it. 

You lied down in the bed and took a short nap before getting back up. Time zones will be the death of me. You went and unpacked some of your bags, hanging clothes in the closet and putting others in the dressers. You set up all your bathroom necessities on top of your dresser for later and headed out to the car you assumed Jae Jung was borrowing from this friend as well and grabbed your remaining luggage. Jae Jung wasn't in view so you didn't bother looking for him as you put the luggage in your room and unpacked those as well. 

You found your ring that you had put in a box in the luggage and smiled, slipping it on your finger. I can wear it all I want now. Screw the director. 

Now you didn't have a manager to push you into getting to classes, but you were happy for that. You didn't need a manager in the first place. Just the only thing that would've been handy of him right now was to tell you when you started the classes and where they would be. Something tells me that living here is going to be rough. Maybe because I don't have Hakyeon? I don't know. Probably. But what's the point in crying about it now? It was already too late.

Jae Jung knocked on your door and came in a moment later. "Do you want to go get some dinner? I know with the time zones and the flight, you're probably feeling a bit all over the place and out of it. But I figured you could do for some food and there is lots of new things you can try here." 

"Sounds good to me." You yawned, deciding to unpack later once more and followed him out of the room. 

"What do you want to try? I'm sure you've had American food before but it's not really American until you've eaten it in the actually country." He chuckled, the both of you climbing into the car and he drove off quickly. 

"I don't mind." You stared out the window. "It's pretty. What part of America are we in?" 

"Michigan. This condo is actually just a feel mils from the shore of Lake Michigan, you can see it if you look." 

When he pointed it out, you did notice a shiny reflection of the lake in the far distance. "Oh, I see it now. All that's around the condo is trees so I wouldn't have even guessed to look over there." 

"Yeah, I did that when I first started coming here as well. How's your English?" 

"Horrible. But I'll make do." 

"Blunt. You're blunt today."

"I'm also grumpy, confused, angry, upset, need I go on?" You leaned your head against the window. 

"No need." He answered quietly, not talking the rest of the way there.

When you two finally arrived, you already made up your mind to try and be a little happier. Being miserable isn't going to change anything. You followed him into the food shop and sat right in the center. 

"No need to worry about people who will know us." He smiled. "Except that random international fan, we're basically like everyone else." 

"You are. I'm not to the point in my career. And I hope never to be." You mumbled, honestly. 

"You will." He spotted the waitress coming over. "What do you want to drink?" 

To drink? Don't they bring water when they come over? "Water." 

Jae Jung transfered my wish over to the waitress and then watched her leave. "My English is bad but I can get the point a crossed." 

"Bad? Liar." You smiled a little. "I would've said water to the waitress though, you know. I'm not that stupid." 

The two of you ate, talking here and there but the topics were short. Once you two finished eating, he drove you to a few of your class locations. Didn't have as many classes here, only acting and vocal classes, but it didn't bother you. Lucky for you, the locations were only a few minutes apart and a total of a 15 minutes from the condo. It worked well.

He dropped you off at the condo and drove away. You immediately took out your phone and noticed a text from an unkown number. Yes...! Korea is 13 hours ahead of where I am, what time is it there? Who cares? Hakyeon hardly sleeps anyways. 

From: Unknown Number

Hakyeon.

You added the number to the Yeonie contact and then texted him. 

To: Yeonie

You got a new phone fast. I don't like it here already. 

You went into the condo and hurried up with your unpacking before you collapsed on the bed and opened your phone, seeing a text message from him.

From: Yeonie

Me too. The news here is driving me nuts seeing the airport photos of you guys. I try not to be jealous, I promise. 

To: Yeonie

I know. Do you like this phone a lot?

From: Yeonie

It's okay. I don't really care what my phone is as long as it works like I want it to. Did you eat? Time zones are funny, huh? 

To: Yeonie

Yeah. I hope I'm not here long. Like, yeah, it's pretty here and the place his condo is at is really quiet. Plus he said the Michigan is a pretty mellow place to be compared to New York where he stays sometimes. I like mellow. I guess.

From: Yeonie

Then just enjoy it. It's a vacation, not a death sentence. 

To: Yeonie

It'd be better if you were here with me though.

From: Yeonie

...Very true but besides that, enjoy yourself. Jae Jung seems to have knocked off his hostility with you for the mean time to enjoy that too. Korea will be a crazy place to come back to once you come back. 

To: Yeonie

Yeah, I guess. How are things with your manager and members now? 

He never really did answer that text message that day. 

Or the next day.

Or even the next day after that. 

He was busy, you were a little busy, and the time zone was screwing over any chances you two had at talking anyways. 

Such is life.

 

Short and information filling chapter and a bit of the set up for the next chapter :) Sorry about posting late, again. I got caught up in come other deadlines this week. ~PandaBiscuit~