Nervous Energy

To the Moon

"Happy?" The director asked as the post was blown up with comments in just a few seconds. "See how fast you two went from the perfect couple to a tragedy?" 

"Well, that ." You laughed. "I'm FREE!"

"Me too!" Jae Jung laughed, the two of you hugging for a brief moment in celebration. 

The director shook his head. "Ah, whatever." 

"So, when is the contract re-signing? I have some things to discuss before I sign that paper." You changed the subject. 

"Next week, I believe." 

That's right... I've already been in Korea for at least a month and a half. December is rolling up quickly. "I have conditions this time." You smiled. 

"I bet you do." He huffed. "I'm not an easy guy to bend." 

"Oh, I don't know about that." You shook your head. "We bent you into letting our relationship end and we bent you into letting us get a week off to 'cry about it'." 

"Liar, you don't get a week off." He scolded. 

"Darn. I was hoping you'd miss that part." You joked. "Well, I'll be going then. I have a lunch date with my mom before I go to that drama audition." 

"Good luck." Jae Jung called happily after you as you left.

--

"So, did you think about?" Your mom smiled at you.

"About what?" You mumbled around the food in your mouth. 

"The thought of marrying Hakyeon." She looked at you firmly. 

You choked a little. "Mom... Marriage is a bit too soon and we're both busy people. We don't live normally like you." 

"I didn't say get married! But have you ever thought about what it'd be like?"

"Not really." You sighed, putting down your bowl. "Is this all you're going to talk about?" 

"I just want to see you get married and Hakyeon seems like the perfect husband." 

"And like I said over and over and over again, we're not ready nor will we be for a really long time. That's to say if our relationship even lasts that long. Who knows what will happen?" You slipped on your jacket. "I'm going. I have an audition in about an hour, I shouldn't eat this fatty stuff before then anyways." 

"But you hardly touched it!" She whined. 

"I can't be puffy during the audition." You whined as well. "Do you know how hard it is not to eat that?" 

She nodded, standing as well. "I know, I know. Good job." She offered a smile.

You smiled back a little. "You should layer up more, it's getting cold again." 

"It's so nice to have a daughter who worries about her mom again." 

"Don't guilt me now, I just started liking you." You mocked. 

"Go on, before you're late." 

You nodded and hurried out the door, getting into your car and starting it quickly. You pulled out your phone and sent a text to Hakyeon.

To: Yeonie

I have an audition in an hour. Wish me luck... I'm nervous ;;; Can I see you afterwards? 

He responded a lot faster than you thought but it made you happy nonetheless. 

From: Yeonie

I'm nervous too, if you get a good role, you might have to kiss someone ;;;;;

To: Yeonie

Hehe. Can I see you? 

From: Yeonie

Of course you can. I can probably squeeze out of my schedule around 11pm. Wonsik will be the only who really knows but he already knows I still see you. 

To: Yeonie

Wonsik is cool. I miss Wonsik... I miss everyone. But 11pm sounds good to me. You can stay the night and sneak away around 5am like usual.

From: Yeonie

Eww

To: Yeonie

Liar

From: Yeonie

Good luck.. See you later. 

You tossed your phone into the passenger's seat and drove off. 

I must get a lead role. I want it. I want to show Hakyeon that my skills were put to use over the year. 

I also want to prove to myself that I can actually do it... And if it's worth signing next week. 

--

You walked in the door a bit after 11 to find Hakyeon already waiting for you on the couch. "Sorry, I forgot I had an interview about Jae Jung and I's fake break up afterwards." 

"I'm glad that's over." He smiled, amused, as you sat beside him lazily. "The fanbases are in tears and some even hate you because they think it was your fault." 

"Pfft." You rubbed your eyes. "He has someone he likes and I have someone I like so it wouldn't work anyways." 

"Like?" He raised an eyebrow at you. "I thought we were passed 'like.'" 

"Shut up." You smirked. "We're well passed that." 

"Really?" He gave you another odd look. 

"You're overly sarcastic today." You stood up to go wash some of the makeup off your face but he reached out and grabbed your arm, pulling you back down beside him. 

You gave him a shocked look but he just smiled. "___-ah." 

"What?" You gave him the weird look this time. "I need to take off my makeup before it ruins my face." 

After a moment of hesitation, he let go and let you go wash off your face. What was that for? I don't understand what just happened. You let it go and washed off your face completely. Deciding to jump in the shower real fast, you got into pjs afterwards, drying your hair still as you joined Hakyeon back out in the living room, whom of which was almost asleep.

You sat beside him and sat against him gently while drying your hair. "If you're tired, go to the room. Your back will be sore if you sleep out here."

He lifted his head and then sat up altogether. "I'll be fine."

You tossed the towel on the ground, giving up with it. "Come on, let's go to bed." You stood up and nodded toward your room. "We're both tired anyways." 

He reached out and touched your arm with a smile. "I don't wanna." 

"What?" You raised an eyebrow. "You don't want to?" 

He shook his head, grabbing your hand and pulling you back down beside him, his nose touching your cheek. "I don't want to." 

Your heart thumped wildly with his sudden actions. We haven't been intimate in a long, long time... I forgot how nervous it got me...

He locked gazes with you for a moment before he closed his eyes and brushed his lips against yours, not quite kissing you and more like teasing you. You couldn't help but giggle a little as you closed your eyes as well and waited for him to capture your lips again. You were ready this time and made sure to lock him into the kiss before he could pull away. Feeling a smirk come to his lips, your skin tickled with warmth from his finger tips that trailed down your arms.

You pulled away when the kiss got a bit deeper and looked at Hakyeon who sat there patiently, as if waiting to be given a green light to continue. But you couldn't give one. "I don't think we should continue." You hesitated, your heart still pounding like crazy. 

Hakyeon moved away slightly and sighed. "Fair enough." 

You could tell he was just being nice and patient for you but you could also see the frustration in his eyes. I don't think I'm ready for something like that... I know just what those kisses lead us to feel like and I'm afraid we'll act on it... "Sorry." You mumbled. "I'm not..."

"I know." He cupped your cheeks and kissed the tip of your nose. "You don't have to feel apologetic. I'd never force you into something you weren't ready for." 

You blushed a little and enjoyed the feel of his hands on your face and smiled a little. "I can tell you're frustrated though..."

"That's natural." He chuckled, hugging you to his chest. You could hear his heart pounding just as quickly as yours and you relaxed a bit. I'm not the only one nervous here. That's a bit easier to accept. "If you haven't notice, I'm a patient person. Especially when it comes to you." 

"I know..." You mumbled, wrapping your arms around his waist, tightly. "You're cool." 

"Just cool?" He chuckled again, running his fingers through your hair slowly. 

"Shut up, you're a lot more than cool." You giggled, pulling away from him. 

He kissed you twice more. Once was just a little peck but the second one was a bit more than that, but it didn't last long enough because he was now back to being cautious with his actions. 

"Let's go to sleep. We both could use it." Hakyeon stood up, reaching a hand out to you. "I have to leave in a few hours anyways since it's already passed midnight." 

"Poor thing." You mocked, taking his hand easily and walking with him to your room. I trust him so much... But why won't I let him continue passed a kiss? He deserves more... We've been dating for over a year... Shouldn't I be ready by now?

I don't know... I just don't know.

I'm glad he's understanding and patient though... I don't know what I'd do if he wasn't. 

--

"So what'd you do last night?" You asked Ha Yi as the two of you ate lunch.

"Hyun Shik worked all night so we had to ditch our date but I had a good night regardless."

"No drinking involved?" 

"None! Just tears from dramas!"

"I'm so proud of you!" You giggled, your phone ringing just as you stuck a piece of the sandwich in your mouth. You hurried up and ate it as you answered it. "Hello?" 

"Is this ____?" 

"Yes, this is." 

"Hello! I'm the director of ____, the drama you auditioned for a few nights ago." 

"Oh, hello! How are you?" 

"I'm great." He chuckled a little. "I wanted to call you myself to tell you your results." 

"Already?" Your eyes lit up and you stood suddenly. 

"Yes." It felt like ages until you heard the result since you were so excited. "You got the lead." 

"I did?" You bit your lip to keep from squealing. "Are you serious?" 

"Yes, I'm very serious. We liked your talents and the way you act is much different than most we've seen. Maybe it's because you studied in the states?" 

"Thank you..." You didn't know what to say. 

"No, thank you for your talents! I'm very glad you will take this lead role, it suits you." 

"Thank you so much!" You spoke, exchanged your goodbyes, and hungup. 

"What? What?" Ha Yi gave you an odd look as you sat back down and squealed a little. 

"I got a lead role in a new drama!" 

"Seriously?" She got excited as well. "I get to watch my best friend act in something I like? Oh no... What if I ship you with the male lead?" 

You giggled. "I'm so happy..." 

"Are you busy tonight?" She asked, a bright smile on her face.

"After 8pm, I got nothing. I was able to drop my communications class so I have extra time lately." 

"Come to Suwon and we'll celebrate!" 

"We?"

"Hyun... Oh wait... You two still haven't made up?" 

"No, I never really got around to seek him out and he obviously never tried with me so it just kind of dropped." You shrugged. 

"Fine, I'll stay in Seoul and you and I will just have a little celebration, Hakyeon too if he can come." 

"Sounds good to me." You nodded, pulling out your phone to tell Hakyeon. 

To: Yeonie

Guess what? Are you free tonight? 

From: Yeonie

What and yes... 

To: Yeonie

You are? Really?

From: Yeonie

Yeah. Why?

To: Yeonie

I'm having a little celebration thing tonight with just Ha Yi, you, and I, then. 

From: Yeonie

Oh, WOW, what a thing to celebrate... If you could TELL ME what we're celebrating, that'd be cool...

To: Yeonie

Oh yeah, I got the lead part in the drama audition

From: Yeonie

OH! That's something to celebrate. Good job! 

To: Yeonie

You're an idiot. Be at my house near 8 then.

From: Yeonie

Sure, if I feel like it.

You put your phone away and smiled back at Ha Yi as you finished your sandwich. "It's planned then." 

"Good!" Ha Yi stood up. "I'm going to get going. I have someone to meet up with before tonight." 

"Oh, okay..." You watched her pay up front and then leave. 

She's leaving so quickly lately... 

Well, whatever. 

--

The celebration thing was cancelled an hour before because you were scheduled to have dinner with your director and the director for your new drama along with the other leads. You found out that the male lead was a rising actor as well so he wasn't completely professional, which made things easier for you because it would've been too hard for you to act around an already talented, famous actor. 

"____? Are you happy?" Your manager interrupted your thoughts. 

"Of course I am." You laughed a little. "How could I not?" 

"You look like something is bugging you." 

"Just nervous. He seems talented already and all I did was meet him and eat a meal with him." 

"You'll do fine. Your talent got you this far so just keep doing what you've been doing." Your manager pulled into your apartment parking lot. "I won't be able to go with you to your classes tomorrow so make sure you drive yourself or you'll be stuck here forever." 

"No dip." You mocked, exiting the car. It's already passed 9... "Thanks, see you." 

"See you." He waved and drove off. 

With a sigh, you jogged into your apartment building and got in the elevator with some other people in the apartment. One of the younger ones seemed to recognize you and smiled at you. 

"Hey, weren't you Jae Jung's girlfriend?" She asked. "Jae Jung is my favorite... I'm jealous you got so close to him." 

You smiled awkwardly. "Yes I was." 

"Why'd you two break up? Everyone thought you two were going to get married or something..." 

Your floor came up and you offered a small smile again. "Personal issues are personal issues, don't concern yourself over them and you'll be happy." 

You hurried into your room and switched on the lights, collapsing once you got to your couch and taking off your shoes. A long day... What a long day... 

From: Hakyeon

Are you home then?

To: Hakyeon

Yeah, I just got home.

From: Hakyeon

Really? 

You were about to text back when you heard a knock on the door. You opened the door for him and smiled. "How'd you get here so fast?" 

"I was here the entire time." He laughed. "You didn't see me cause you were in a hurry so I texted you." 

"You could've just come in. You have a key." You shut the door and collapsed back on the couch. "The male lead is hot." 

"Oh no, what if you fall for him?" Hakyeon joked, sitting beside you and kissing your cheek. "Good job." 

"How do you keep getting away to see me so easily? You couldn't before." 

"Because when you left for America, everyone dropped their guard and haven't put it back up yet because they think we're truly done with each other." 

"Let's keep it this way. I like to actually be able to see you." 

Hakyeon turned again and planted a kiss on your nose and then on your lips. Should I let my guard down...? 

Hakyeon put his arms around your waist and pulled you closer, moving his arms down your back to rest lower. I've rejected him too much, haven't I? 

His nose brushed against yours as he captured your lips once again. What if he starts to get upset and leaves me?

Your heart thumped wildly and you felt all warm and tingly as his tongue brushed against yours. He was dominant over you, for sure. You were no match to him. Can I really do this? 

He pulled away, his warm breath tickling your skin as he pressed his lips to multiple spots down your neck and then back up to your lips. He opened his eyes briefly and looked for any hint from you to stop. Should we stop? But you couldn't give any hints to make him stop, you couldn't. I don't have control over what I say anymore...

He hesitated a little before he captured your lips again and this time your eyes closed and he knew to continue. His hands moved slowly down the rest of your back but he paused, still unsure if he should continue or not. But your body reacted on its own and you clung to him, as if to tell him to continue. 

I don't know if I'm ready for this... But... My body seems to not want to listen to me anyways so what was the point in trying to stop it at this point... And after you've already given Hakyeon the 'ok' a few times, it just wouldn't be fair anymore...

Just let it happen...

"Are you sure?" Hakyeon breathed, his eyes meeting yours again as your noses brushed each other. "Don't feel like you're forced into anything." 

You nodded slowly, a small smile arcing your lips. "I'm sure..." 

Hakyeon's lips arced into a small smile as well and he took your lips in his once more, a little more dominate and firm than the last few times. 

No going back now...

 

 

Heyy guys!! I'm glad to be able to update again, I've been busy as well as Panda but I'm glad that I happened to be able to write this for her since she's too busy to update today. So, thanks for subscribing and reading, as always! See you in the next chapter! (I can't remember if this gif was used already but oh well...) - Exotic