A Fake Manager? Sure!

To the Moon

It's been about a week or so since you and Hakyeon had any sort of contact with each other. After his interview on TV, the two of you just didn't text each other. And frankly... You didn't mind all that much. Sure, you were disappointed, but now you had time to take in what he said on air. Yeah, he didn't say your name, but you knew it was addressed to you. You knew he liked you but you always thought that maybe he was just mistaken. After hearing that... You knew he was for real about this and it made you kind of nervous. Time without meeting and time in China would help ease that nerve so that the two of you can progress your relationship. You hope, anyways. 

VIXX had released their album Jekyll and you loved it, like always. Hakyeon's beautiful voice and new bright red hair stuck out to you even more now that you two were close. 

"____." Hyun Bin's voice brought you out of your daydream. "The shop won't be that busy from around this time." 

You glanced at the clock above the shop door. "But it's only noon."

"On a Monday." He joined your side. "Kids are in school and adults are at work. Usually only the elderly come by. But that's good for you, anyways. You seemed so franic when we were busy. Probably doesn't help that you don't know the language and rely on pictures." 

"Yeah, that's tough." You grumbled. "What do you usually do around this time then? Why don't you just close it?" 

"Because." He smiled. "People still come and I like the fact that my doors are always open during the day."

"Okay fine, then, what do you do?" 

He shrugged. "I have some employees that will come in around 2pm to run the store while I go to the company I co-own." 

"So, how did you come about co-owning this company?" 

"He's a friend of mine and needed someone smart without much time on their hands to help run the company. Of course, I'm the obvious answer." 

"Don't brag." You shook your head, seating yourself at one of the tables in the middle of the shop. "I miss Ha Yi."

"Why don't you go back then? I like having you around but if you want to go, I won't be upset about it." He joined you at the table. "I could get you on a plane as early as tonight if you wanted."

You shook your head again. "I'm waiting for someone to want me home before I go home." 

"Who? Why?"

"Just a friend." You sighed. "He's always busy so whenever his schedule calms down and he asks for me, then I'll go to him."

"Like a dog?" 

"Huh?"

"You come when he calls you and goes away when he doesn't have time." He explained.

"Kind of. But it's my choice if I go or not. I understand why he's busy and I won't be a block in his path." You admitted. Talking to Hyun Bin came easy to you. "I can't go to him when he's busy though. That's the only part I don't like. I'm stuck waiting for him."

"Which is what I said." Hyun Bin chuckled. "Why can't you go to him? He comes to you just fine, it seems." 

"It's complicated. He's a person that I probably shouldn't have came into close contact anyways but it can't be helped now." 

"Hmm..." Hyun Bin hummed, glancing around the shop. 

"What are you doing?" You gave him an odd look.

"Thinking." He flashed you a cheeky grin before standing. "I'm going to go wash up before the employees come in. If you need to talk to them, try English. They're broken in that language but it works." 

You nodded and watched him go before pulling out your phone, putting it on vibrate and reading the messages you got a while ago that you couldn't check. 

From: Ha Yi

______~~~ I wish you would come home~~~ My do I miss my wife~! 

From: Ha Yi

Yah. Are you going to date Hyun Bin? 

From: Ha Yi

Hakyeon visited last night, briefly. He asked for you and got disappointed you weren't there. He said that was the only time he could see you before they started hosting concerts, fan meets, and other stuff. You get the flow. 

From: Ha Yi

Did you die? Yah, you can't die in China! _____! 

From: Ha Yi

I heard Hyun Bin is rich, is that true? Is his house like a palace? Jeez, I miss that kid. Tell Hyun Bin to move back to Korea. It's been so long. 

From: Ha Yi

Have you and Hakyeon fought again? On the V app he answered some of the fans' questions that they wrote down and one was about you, or, mystery girl. His response was that he hasn't talked to you or met up with you since the interview about Tae Hee and the Jekyll album. Fans are happy. 

To: Ha Yi

Why is he being so public about our relationship? He's the one that wanted it a secret. 

From: Ha Yi

He probably said it to get the media off of Tae Hee and using you as a distraction. He never said your name and I don't think he will so don't worry about it being too public. Anyways, when are you coming home? I'm lonely and sad ;_; 

To: Ha Yi 

I'll come home when Hakyeon has time to meet with me. Being in China is helping me stay busy so I don't amble around missing Hakyeon all the time. It subsides when I'm busy. Plus, I'm working off the plane ticket and the clothes and stuff that BinBin bought me and will have to buy me in the future. 

From: Ha Yi

AGH. Fair enough, I guess. OH! Hyun Shik told your boss why you won't be at work for a while and he accepted it... But not too nicely. You got fired. 

To: Ha Yi

Awwwh... What the heck? I just got that job! 

From: Ha Yi

I would've fired you too. You're lazy, easily distracted, and you never show up. 

From: Ha Yi

Oh, yeah. Your mother visited a few days ago. She said that she was worried with your recent phone call. I told her what happened and that you were in China now. It took all I could to convince her not to go to China to get you. 

To: Ha Yi

What, and kill me too? I'm kidding. Maybe. 

From: Ha Yi

You'll get over this eventually. I hope it's sooner than later.

You sighed, opening the V app to see a video VIXX had posted a few days ago. You watched them all talk, giggle, and read fan questions until they got to the part that Ha Yi told you about.

"OH! N, this one is directed towards you again." Ken gave Hakyeon a cheesy look, clearing his throat before speaking. "'Our beloved N, where is mystery girl? We're all jealous you have someone you like but who is she? Is she pretty? Does she like you? Where is she?' and that concludes this question. N! Back to you." Ken jokingly held an imaginary microphone up to Hakyeon's face. 

Hakyeon gave him a brief look of disgust before taking the imaginary microphone, smiling. "Mystery girl? What a cool name to live by." Hakyeon glanced at Ken and Ravi who were mouthing words to each other. He shook his head and continued. "I haven't talked to mystery girl or met with her since the interview. She doesn't seem to have liked that I mentioned her live." Hakyeon put his finger to his lips and chuckled. "Once the media settles down, I'm sure she'll be more willing to talk with me, don't you think?"

Ken took the imaginary microphone and pushed N out of the shot. "And back to Ravi!" He his hands at Ravi, Ravi giving a surprised expression before chuckling and reading the next question which was directed at Hong Bin. 

What? Why would he say that I don't like him mentioning me? Sure... I'm a little uneasy about the fact that he went public before we even became a thing but he never said my name. I'm just too nervous to talk to him knowing his feelings are true. 

You turned off the V app and opened Hakyeon's contact, staring blankly at the screen until it went dark and shut off. Should I text him? While you were busy thinking about whether you should text him or not, your phone buzzed and showed that Hakyeon sent you a text. 

From: Yeonie 

_____,  I'm about to say something crazy. 

To: Yeonie

Like what? You're going to dive off a builing like you did for debut?

From: Yeonie

NO! NEVER AGAIN! Anyways, just listen to me, okay?

To: Yeonie

Mkay, I'm waiting. 

From: Yeonie

I proposed this to our manager and he agreed that it would be easier to do this. I proposed hiring you as a co-manager, thus leaving VIXX with two managers. Now, I know you have no knowledge or education on being a manager but here is the hard part. Our manager does fine on his own and he's good at what he does so he doesn't really need help. He will be our manager like always and do everything he always does and you just follow in his footsteps. You won't have to do anything except act the part towards the media and the director. Basically, I want you to do this so that you're around me a lot more. It'd be hard for us to make progress in our relationship when I'm too busy to visit. This way, whenever we travel, practice, eat, anything, you'll be with me. You'll get paid, obviously cause it's a job, but you don't have to do anything. Our manager is cool with it like I said before and he's offering to help. As long as the media doesn't find out that you're the one I like and the director doesn't figure out that you're faking your job, then you're fine. The other members agree with this too. 

To: Yeonie

So you want me to fake a job just to be with you?

From: Yeonie

It's just a proposal. If you don't want to do it then it's fine. I just miss you often and this would be easier for us. Should I tell them you don't want too? 

To: Yeonie 

Can I think? I'm still in China and I'm planning on coming home the day after tomorrow. Could I tell what I think then?

From: Yeonie

Yeah, take your time. Usually managers stay in the same dorm as us but I asked the director to give you payment in advanced to get an apartment close to the dorm. I don't want you living in a dorm with a bunch of guys. 

To: Yeonie

Awwwh, no sneaking cuddles with Leo? Boo-hoo ;_; 

From: Yeonie

_____! 

To: Yeonie

What? Would you like me to say what I wanted to do to you before I met you? 

From: Yeonie

Ew. 

To: Yeonie

You! Are you thinking nasty things? I was going to say kiss you! 

From: Yeonie

Sure

To: Yeonie

I swear if it wasn't illegal, you'd be killed.

From: Yeonie

You're cute.

Your face flushed bright red. Even a simple text like that from him can get me like this... I'm so screwed. 

To: Yeonie

When I come back from China, you better be at the airport to pick me up. If you're not, I won't take this fake job. Deal? 

From: Yeonie

Deal. 

You smiled at your phone and turned off, looking up to see an elderly woman walked into the shop and seated herself by the window. You glanced around for Hyun Bin but he wasn't around so you decided to wait on her. Fixing your bright blue work apron, you stood and made your way over to her, pulling out the little cards Hyun Bin made for you. 

On the front of the cards had Mandarin writing and on the back had the Korean writing on what it meant. Of course they were limited, but there was enough for you to be able to communicate the basics. 

You pulled out the card that read 'Hello! I use cards because I'm Korean. What can I start you off with?' and held it up to her. 

She chuckled at you and nodded, picking up the menu and fiddling through it before pointing to a picture of plain kimchi. You nodded, offering her a smile before holding up the next card that read 'If you have any complaints or questions, I can call over my boss. Just say Hyun Bin!'. She chuckled once more and nodded again. 

You bowed your head at her and disappeared into the kitchen, putting your cards away. "Hyun Bin-ah!" You called, seeing him just now exiting the door to the stairway. "She wants this one." You picked up a menu from the counter by the kitchen door and pointed to the kimchi picture. 

"Alright." Hyun Bin nodded, smiling. "The others will be here in an hour or so." 

You nodded, grabbing a glass cup and filling it with cold tap water before heading back out into the dining space. "Water." You mumbled as you set the cup down on her table. You fiddled for your cards in your pocket to ask what she wanted to drink besides water but she put her hand on your wrist and shook her head.

You panicked and gave her an odd look. "I don't need anything else. You are a pretty Korean. What is your name?" She spoke in almost spot on English. 

You took a moment to process what she said before responding. "Nothing else? My name is ______. I did not catch the last part of your sentence." 

She smiled. "Don't worry about it. I'm fine for now." 

You bowed your head and left her alone, heading into the kitchen with a confused look. "She speaks perfect English... Even her accent..." 

"Perfect English, hm? That must be Lila out there." Hyun Bin sighed as he made the food carefully. "I don't remember her birth name since she has people call her Lila. But when she was younger she used to live in America, only coming back to live here to be with her grandchildren. She's a nice woman and she comes here often. Most of the time she comes here just to chat with myself or one of the other guys. She's lonely."

"I wish I could speak English well." You huffed, leaning against the counter. "Oh, could you buy me a ticket back to Seoul for the day after tomorrow? I don't want to leave but I need to. I've been here for a week, I feel that's long enough. Those employees you mentioned, I never met them before. I've been helping you run this shop for almost a week and I've never met them." 

"Because they only work Mondays and you arrived on a Tuesday. Mondays are the days that I leave to help my friend out at the company since the rest of the week I just do work online." Hyun Bin explained. "I can get you a ticket for tomorrow if you want to leave sooner, it doesn't hurt my feelings. I'll be visiting Seoul soon for business anyways." 

"That'd be great." You smiled, pulling out your phone to text Hakyeon. "Thank you, Hyun Bin. I feel like I still owe you even though I worked off the things you bought for me here." 

"You never change." He chuckled. "Don't worry about it. I'll purchase you a ticket for tomorrow sometime before noon."

"Perfect." You smiled again.

To: Yeonie

Change of plans. Hyun Bin is going to buy me a plane ticket for tomorrow. I'll tell you before I take off and then it's up to you to get to the airport on time. Remember! Okay? 

--

To: Yeonie

I landed. I'll be in the main lobby.

You sent the text and hurried off towards the lobby where you would enter the airport, only having you phone and the bag Hyun Bin bought you to carry the things he bought you in.

Due to the airport being so large, it took you a little bit before you were able to seat yourself down on the bench in the lobby. But, when you got there, Hakyeon was no where to be seen. So, you decided to wait a bit longer for him and dialed Ha Yi instead. 

"Did you land?" Ha Yi yowled through the phone before you could even say hello. 

"Yeah, I did. It feels good to be back in Korea. I'm not falling for anymore scams." 

"We should be reading more in depth with those types of calls from now on. Is Hakyeon going to pick you up still? I could call you a cab." 

"This airport is just a few miles from the city of Seoul so if he doesn't show up then I'll just walk to the bustop."

"Okay whatever." Ha Yi giggled. "See you when you get home."

"Bye, Ha Yi." You hung up and glanced around again, sighing impatiently. 

After hanging around on the bench for a good hour or two, you decided to get up and leave the airport, beginning your walk to the bus stop with little irritation. You had to remind yourself that he was an idol and not just someone like you and Hyun Shik and Ha Yi who had free time. 

But you didn't get far when a streak of bright red hair bolted past you and into the airport, in such a panic that he didn't even recognize you. All irritation left and was replaced with only amusement. This idiot. He can't be on time, can he? He doesn't even have his hood on. Clumsy. 

You turned around quickly and chased after him, yanking his hoodie over his head when you were close enough and stood in front of him with a smile. "Idiot. What if someone recognizes you?" 

Hakyeon's face relaxed and he smiled. "Was that you I ran by? I was too busy trying to get here fast enough." 

"You're like two hours late." You frowned at him. "I was mad until I saw you running like an idiot to get here. Now I'm just amused." 

He suddenly embraced you, your eyes wide with shock. "I'm sorry. I knew you were coming home today but I got too caught up in practice that I didn't check my phone." 

You smiled, putting your arms around him as well. You hadn't noticed how strong he felt until now. "You're not even wearing sunglasses. Aren't you worried in the slightest? Oh, by the way, I like this new color on you." 

"I was in a hurry to get here before you left." He nuzzled his face into your hair and sighed. "I was afraid you left already but I had to try anyways. I don't know why I didn't text you." 

You flushed when you realized just how many people were staring at the two of you. "As much as I love being held by you, can we stop? People are staring and we're standing in the middle of the lobby." 

"People stare at me all the time, I don't care." 

"Yeah, well, I do." You pushed on his chest until he let you go, giggling at his pout. "Take me home." 

"Did you think about it?"

"Yeah."

"And?"

"Later." You shook your head, heading for the door and having him trail behind you like a lost dog. 

"____-ah..." Hakyeon whined as the two of you headed down the sidewalk towards the car lot. "I haven't seen you for a long time!" 

"I've seen you at least ten times though." You thought back to the times when you watched his interviews, music videos, the V app, and when you looked through VIXX pictures. "I see you all the time."

"Yeah but I can't see you all the time!" He grabbed your hand and slid his fingers in with yours, smiling. "Do you want to be a seventh member to VIXX instead of a fake manager?" 

You two laughed for a moment. "Yeah, no thanks." You glanced at a few people who walked past you, afraid that one of them would recognize Hakyeon since he only had his hood on. "Where'd you park? 

"Over there." He pointed at the lot. "I drove the VIXX van but hey, whatever works." 

You nodded, agreeing. "So if I decided to take this fake job, would Ha Yi be able to move into my apartment then?" 

"Of course. He's just paying you in advance so you can have the apartment. But other than that, it's yours." Hakyeon shrugged. "I could always move in with you."

"That's a lie." You warned. "Plus, we're not even dating. I bet you lived with Tae Hee." 

"Yah." He glared at you. 

"Sorry, I won't joke about her anymore." You smiled. "I'll make you forget about that devil." 

He chuckled, leading you into the lot and letting your hand go to open the passenger door for you, shutting it once you were inside. You watched him jog around the van before climbing into the driver's seat and starting the van, pulling down his hood. 

"I'll take you to Suwon and then if you agreed on being a fake manager, I'll take you to see the director. He'll want to speak with you about the job. He won't ask for prior knowledge so just say you were in college for a year or so, which isn't a lie if he decided to go look through your records." Hakyeon mumbled as he backed out of the parking spot and pulled onto a street that led you to the heart of Seoul. "This is risky but I'm sure you'd end up acting like a manager anyways."

"True." You glanced at the van, smiling like an idiot. "VIXX's van... Leo sits back there with Ravi..." 

"You even know where they sit." Hakyeon rolled his eyes. 

You giggled and watched out the window. "I'm sitting where you sit most of the time." 

"True, what's your point?" 

"Hostile." You whistled. "Someone's just jealous that I mentioned Leo again." 

The two of you drove in silence to each other but with the radio on. He would catch himself singing a few songs and you would just barely live each time. His voice was amazing and it nearly killed you but you held it in so that it didn't look like you were being an annoying fangirl like you usually were.

You knew that you wanted to be a fake manager. You knew the risks too. But honestly, you didn't mind. The thought of living in Seoul, being with Hakyeon, and getting to know the members was all so exciting and unreal.

You also hoped that you wouldn't hear from or see Tae Hee anymore. 

But as goes everything in life, you will. And you did. 

 

 

Alright, along with updating every Tuesday and Thursday, I've decided that on Thursday's the chapters will be a bit short like normal since I'm usually pretty busy on Thursdays. And then on Tuesdays, the chapters will be longer like the last chapter. Anyways, that's my plan! Thanks for reading once again and I hope you enjoy! I'm starting to get into the chapters where the main plot I thought of comes into play and I'm getting excited to write how it will all unravel. Thanks again! ~PandaBiscuit~