A Kiss?

To the Moon

To: HaJoon

Thanks for coming yesterday. I seriously thought you weren't going to come and I was kind of upset because I wanted to spend time with you. Uhm... Thanks. That's all I can really say. Tell me when you're not busy and we'll hang out... Just help me with the pay if I'm the one traveling. Can I really call you Hakyeon? Well anyways, I'm to go meet with Hyun Shik. I'll text you soon.. If you respond, anyways. 

You sent the text with a small smile and walked the rest of the way to Hyun Shik's house, knocking a few times. Hyun Shik and you were supposed to go job searching. You really needed a job and since you had someone-- Hakyeon-- to fuel your ambition, you decided to ask Hyun Shik to help you find one, even if it's just part-time.

"___, hey, I was just getting ready to meet you at the bus stop." Hyun Shik came around from the side of his home.

"Oh! I thought I'd be easier to just meet you here." You smoothened your loose fitting, blue sweater and smiled. "Should we go then?" 

Hyun Shik nodded and the two of you started off towards the bus stop just jump the road. "What do you have in mind?" 

"Uhm... To be honest, I don't care." You nodded slowly. "I just need money to see Hak... HaJoon." 

"Hak? You have another man? Who are you?" Hyun Shik teased.

"Yah, I just stumbled over his name a little. Plus, HaJoon isn't my man. He's a friend." You flushed a little at his comment. "Hyunie, do you have a girlfriend yet?" 

"Why? Are you starting to think I'm cute? Well I won't accept it since you denied me in high school." He joked with you. "I'm kidding, ___. Why do you ask?"

"Because you look like you need one." You grumbled. "Go out and get one."

"Who said I didn't have one?"

"Do you?"

"Nope."

"Exactly!" 

Your phone buzzed and you shifted through the bag around your waist, reading the text quickly as you walked beside Hyun Shik. 

From: HaJoon

Stop thanking me! This is like the fourth time you've sent a thank you text! I told you, we're friends, if I'm not busy then I'd gladly hang out with you. Let's hang out tonight again. I'm not busy after 7pm. Deal? 

You smiled widely at your phone and even giggled a little bit. 

To: HaJoon

As long as you drive here then deal. 

"Yah, ___, watch it!" Hyun Shik grabbed your arm to pull you away from the edge of the road as a car drove by. You dropped your phone in surprise and it fell into the road.

"I'm sorry! I wasn't watching!" You gasped with shock, grabbing your phone quickly and running back onto the side walk.

Hyun Shik shook his head and sighed. "You are still clumsy and troublesome like before."

"HaJoon texted me, I guess I got distracted. Hey! Let's search for a job. I'm making plans for later so I need to be back home by 7 at the latest. It's only 3 so we have time." You smiled, assuringly at Hyun Shik. "Let's go."

--

From: HaJoon

I'm in Suwon a little early. Tell me your address and I'll go there. 

You stared at your phone in shock. It's only 6:20! You glanced at Hyun Shik, who was speaking with one of his friends who happened to own a cafe. 

To: HaJoon

Already? Here, ____ _______, that's where I live. You might beat me there. Be careful, I don't know if Ha Yi is home or not.

"Hey, ___, Joon said he needs an employee, do you want to work here?" Hyun Shik came back over to you and pointed at Joon. 

"Uhm, Hyunie, I have to go. HaJoon came a little early and he's at my house waiting for me." You bit your lip, nervously. "We can talk about this later, yeah?"

Hyun Shik looked disappointed but nodded, reluctantly. "Sure, go ahead. I'll just hang out here for a bit. Be careful getting back home."

"Thanks, Hyunie!" You waved at him, put your bag around your waist again, and ran out of the cafe. 

From: HaJoon

What do you want to do today? If you haven't eaten, I could buy you dinner. 

You didn't respond as you hurried to the bus stop just as the bus got there, scanning your card as you entered the bus, and found your seat at the back of the bus. "I should arrive at the bus stop around 6:50 and then at home at 7:15... I hope I'm not making him wait too long." You mumbled to yourself out loud. 

To: HaJoon

I didn't realize you'd be here early, I'm sorry for making you wait. Please don't leave before I can get there. 

You tapped your foot impatiently and stared at your phone. 

From: Ha Yi

Hey, there's a man sitting on our complex's stairs outside. Are you expecting someone? Is it HaJoon? 

To: Ha Yi

Yes, it's HaJoon. Tell me if he leaves, I'm running late.

From: Ha Yi

I'll just invite him in.

To: Ha Yi

NO! Our apartment is a mess! Just tell me if he leaves. It's not cold out so he'll be fine with waiting outside. 

Can't this bus drive faster? You stared out the window anxiously. Hakyeon isn't just someone you can hang out with whenever you want too and here you are making him wait... 

After riding the bus for 20 minutes or so, you exited at your stop and bolted down your street. "I'm going to look so bad meeting him now!" You panted as you turned a street corner and stopped in front of your complex. 

He wasn't out front. You looked around wildly and entered the complex, looking to see if he was around but he wasn't. Was he inside? You ran up the stairs and entered your apartment, panting. "Ha Yi-ah! Is HaJoon here?" 

"Oh shoot! I forgot to watch him." Ha Yi ran over to you. "Was he out there?"

"Does it look like he was?" You yowled, running back out of your apartment and down the steps, looking around outside again. "He left?"

You pulled out your phone and saw a message that you didn't see before.

From: HaJoon

Hey, something came up with Wonsik. We'll have to hang out later. I'm sorry, ___. I'll make it up to you. 

You stared at the phone, upset and frustrated. What could be so bad that he had to go all the way back to Seoul? You sat on the steps of the complex and sighed loudly, kicking at the rocks on the ground. 

"Hey, what're you doing out here still?" Hakyeon's voice drifted to your ears and you shot to your feet.

"I thought you went back to Seoul?" 

"I was kidding." Hakyeon chuckled. "I wanted to see how you'd act. You must miss me." 

"Yah, it's not like I can see you everyday like I can Hyun Shik and Ha Yi." You crossed your arms, your heart beating quickly. "Buy me dinner." 

Hakyeon nodded, walking past you and starting down the street. "Let's go then." 

"YAH! Put on your hood." You ran up behind him and yanked the hoodie over his head, flicking him on the forehead. 

Hakyeon laughed, stumbling to the side a bit and moving the hoodie out his eyes. "What do you want?" 

"Are you rich?" You fell in step beside him. 

"No, not even close." 

"Wow, that's lame."

"Speak for yourself! You can't even afford to go to Seoul."

"By taxi. I could by train." You grumbled. "But I don't like the train."

"Why?" 

"Why should I tell you? OH! Next story. Go on, spill it." 

He shook his head. "Not now. I'll tell you after dinner, deal?" 

"Deal!" 

"So the train. Spill it."

"Nope." You giggled. "It's a sad story and I don't want to taint this atmosphere."

Hakyeon smiled at you and held out his hand, palm up, in front of him. 

"What?" You gave him an odd look. "Are you trying to summon something?" 

He chuckled and dropped his arm to his side, his hand grabbing yours hesitantly. "No, not necessarily."

You looked up at him with a red face. "H-Hey!" 

"What? Aren't we friends?" He looked at you and smiled again. "Friends hold hands." His slender fingers slipped into yours and he held your hand tightly for a moment before loosing a bit. "Do you not want too?" 

"I-I guess." You stared at the ground, returning his gesture by holding his hand in return. "So, where are we going?"

"I dunno. Let's go to a street cart. They always have good food." 

"Yah, what kind of dinner is that?" You bit your bottom lip as you grew even more nervous. Your heart beating fast and your face feeling hot. It was so hard to act as if nothing was happening. 

"That's what I eat all the time." Hakyeon mumbled, holding out our joined hands. "Look."

You looked at the two of your guys' hands and smiled as the ring on his finger glistened. "Hey! You're wearing it!"

"Yeah, I haven't taken it off since you gave it to me. It's the first gift I've recieved from you even if it is just a cheap little ring."

"Hey! Cheap is good." You sighed, putting your arms down to the side once more. "I wear the necklace you gave me everyday as well. I'm just not wearing it right now because I took a shower before I met with Hyun Shik and I forgot." 

"Sure. You expect me to believe that?" He sent you an odd look before smiling again. "I'm kidding, I believe you." 

The two of you to the busy street and headed further down the road to find a street cart. You grew uncomfortable. "Shouldn't we stop holding hands now? People might think we're a couple or someone might recognize you." 

Hakyeon nodded, slowly, and released your hand, putting his hand in his hoodie pocket. "It'll be dark on our way back from eating." Hakyeon mumbled. "I'll walk you home before calling a cab." 

"Sure." You smiled, spotting a street cart a crossed the street in an empty parking lot, people gathering around it to eat. "There's a street cart!"

"You really think I'm going to take you to a street cart? Who do you think I am?" Hakyeon chuckled, stopping to wait for the okay to walk a crossed the street. 

"Where are we going then?" 

"A sushi bar. It's somewhere I like to go when I come to Suwon." 

"Did you come to Suwon often before meeting with me?" 

"No, not lately. I use too when I was in the earlier stages of debut." He nodded at the light. "Let's go."

The two of you made it a crossed the street quickly and heading further down the street before turning into the restaurant he had mentioned before. "Whoa, this place smells amazing!" You sighed with hunger when the smell of cooking fish reached your nose. "Let's go!" 

You found a seat against the window, Hakyeon sitting a crossed from you, and grabbed one of the menus that was placed at the end of the table. Hakyeon laughed at you and grabbed a menu as well. "What do you like to eat other than ramen?" He asked you suddenly. 

"I really like kimchi. And sushi. When you mix the two together, it is like heaven on Earth!" You giggled. 

"A girl who likes food... You really are a rare find." 

"Am I a fish?" You glared at the menu in front of you. 

"No." He snickered at you. "I'm complimenting you."

"No way! Tell me something I don't know." You mocked. "Let's just get food. I'm hungry."

"Deal."

--

From: Hyunnie 

___, do you want to meet tomorrow to talk to Joon about the job at his cafe? I think it would really be a good fit for you if you worked there. Lmk. 

"Hey, do you think working at a cafe suites me?" You turned to Hakyeon as the two of you made your way, slower than before, down your street. 

"At a cafe? I could see that. You're nice enough to deal with people." Hakyeon nodded, glancing at your phone with a bitter expression. "Hyunnie?" 

"That's what I call Hyun Shik." You nodded. "Ha Yi calls him Shikkie and I call him Hyunnie." 

He tsked. "Hyunnie? What about me? You haven't called my name in a while." 

"You're HaJoon when you're in front of me, remember?" You raised an eyebrow at him, putting your phone back into your purse. 

He nodded, staring out in front of him. "Look, we're here." The two of you paused in front of your apartment complex. 

"Thanks for dinner." You turned to him and smiled. "Tell me when you're not busy again, I like hanging out with you." 

"I like it too." He nodded. 

You started to turn away but he grabbed your arm and leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on your forehead. You stared at him, wide-eyed with shock. "I-Is this what friends do, too?" 

He shook his head, smiling at you. "Not normally. My story for you today is..." He hesitated a moment, sighed, and then continued. "Goodnight. I'll tell you some other time. That kiss, it didn't mean anything. It's a good luck kiss, for the job you want." 

"A good luck kiss?"

"It's a normal thing to do." He stood up. "People do it all the time, you need to get out more, ___." 

You laughed nervously, waving slowly at him. "I'll see you soon, then." 

He nodded, watched you go inside the apartment complex, and left. 

A good luck kiss? Is that a normal thing to do in his mind? You put a hand on your wildly beating heart and exhaled slowly. 

"___, if you're not careful, Hakyeon will steal your heart." You whispered to yourself. "You know that love isn't possible between you two, you'd only be hurting yourself... ____, pull yourself together." 

From: HaJoon

Goodnight. I enjoyed my time with you. Next time, I'll bring you to Seoul and we will have more options to eat from. Good luck on getting a job. 

"Hakyeon, you have no idea what you're doing to me. I feel like I'm going insane." 

 

Here it is, chapter 7 :) I'm very happy that this fanfiction is doing well. I'm getting caught on what I should do with the next chapters but I have a few ideas that I might go well with. Yes, I know, it's short. I'm working on making them longer again, I just figured that since I update frequently that it wouldn't matter how long they were <3 Thanks for reading and thank you for subscribing! -PandaBiscuit