Seoul Again

To the Moon

You stared at your contact screen on your phone, more specifically, Hakyeon's contact. The two of you haven't spoken for what seemed like ages even if it was only a half a week or so. HaJoon...

You erased the name HaJoon and put Hakyeon instead. But even seeing that upset you so you ended up just changing it back. No use in trying to treat him like Hakyeon when you can't even call him that. 

Your phone buzzed in your hand, nearly scaring you right off of your sofa in the living room. Your heart pounded until you saw that it was only Ha Yi. 

From: Ha Yi

Hey, ____! Guess what? VIXX's concert is Thursday. Yes, yes, I know. You have no money because you officially don't have a job anymore buuuuut.... Guess what!? I got paid, in advance! I have JUST enough to buy two tickets. They aren't the best in the world but hey, we're still in! Let's go, yeah? It's what... Sunday today? Let's go! Maybe Hakyeon will return your cellphone or something if you were to lose it. HA! As if. Hehe, you know you love me. Oh yeah! Tell HaJoon you'll be coming to Seoul again. Tell him that if he doesn't meet up with you again that you will for sure lose all contact with him! Love you xxxx

Oh yeah, the concert... You had forgotten all about the concert Ha Yi mentioned just a few days ago. Instinctively, you opened Hakyeon's contact.

To: HaJoon

I'm coming to Seoul. If you want...

You stopped typing, erased the message, and closed your phone. "I shouldn't have contact with Hakyeon anymore. Even though I don't want to be upset with him, I can't help it. So... Until I grow up a little, I just won't contact him." You knew that you'd never grow up, you never do. You always tend to hold onto things more than you should. But, it was a given. You couldn't help it.

Glancing at the clock, reading only noon, you decided to leave your apartment and get some fresh air. You walked down the steep hill from your apartment complex and down to the little food station cart at the end of the steep road. "I guess I could grab a bite." You mumbled to yourself before approaching the food stand and asked for a few kimbaps. You loved these little things. "Thank you." You dipped your head to the elderly woman selling them, stuffed one in your mouth, and started down the road once more, heading towards the Korean market, where you knew Ha Yi was working today. 

You finished off the last two kimbaps before heading inside, sighing as the delicious smell of grilling meat hit your nose. Before you could take another step, your phone buzzed.

From: HaJoon

Long time, no see, hm? Do you want to meet up, I want to speak with you about some things.

You tsked at the phone, taking a seat at the nearest bench inside the market, and opened your phone again.

To: HaJoon

I told you before that I can't afford to taxi myself around to meet your needs. Can't you just tell me through text? Is this still on you decieving me? Listen, I'm over it. I'm not mad.

From: HaJoon

Liar. You're the worst liar. If you were over it then you wouldn't have brought it up. That's not even what I was going to speak to you about.

You flushed at his words. Stupid...

To: HaJoon

... Whatever. That still doesn't change the fact that I can't afford to meet you. Uhm... What do you want to say anyways? If it's not that then what else do we have to talk about?

The response time from his side was delayed a bit more than it was previously. Does he even care? He's an idol, why would he care about ONE fangirl that he happened to meet online? 

From: HaJoon

Listen, I will pay you back, even a little extra. I want to speak with you in person. I'm not trying to push you into doing things you don't want but I really want to see you... ___-ah, have you eaten yet? It'll only take you around an hour to get here like you said, can't you eat lunch with me? I haven't eaten yet.

To: HaJoon

*Sigh* Hey! You're an idol! Go eat, you have the money! I told you, I don't have any money to get there and I won't accept any money from you. Here, I'm telling you this because then at least you would understand these terms. Your concert that you have on Thursday in Seoul... I'm going to that with my friend. If you can miraculously find me before I leave after the concert, then I'll spend money to see you. To be honest, I don't quite believe that you want to see me so bad. I feel like you're just bored or you pity me for decieving me or something. Find me then and I'll believe you and TRULY get over it, yeah?

From: HaJoon

Believe what you want. I wouldn't have kept in contact with you for over a year if you didn't mean something to me. 

You didn't answer his last text and instead got up and searched for Ha Yi. You hadn't meant to be so rude to him but you couldn't help it. Whenever he came into the picture, your mood just slowly dropped until you had zero happiness left and only anger. 

After searching the whole store, you found Ha Yi at the counter in the back that took in returned goods. "Ha Yi-ah!" 

"___, why are you here?" Ha Yi smiled at you as you approached the counter. "Do you want to return your anger? I can feel it coming off of you in waves."

"What are you, a bat?" That's not even how it works. The two of you giggled for a moment before you grew serious once more. "Ha Yi, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" Ha Yi gave me a cheesy grin, resting her elbows on the counter. 

"Money. I need money." You exaggerated the word money playfully so you had a better chance at getting what you wanted. "I want to buy something for HaJoon before I see him again." You thought that you should at least give him something for most likely hurting his feelings. "It doesn't have to be a lot. I'll even buy him a rock if I need too." 

Ha Yi sighed, digging into her black work pants, and opened her black wallet. "Here, you owe me." She handed me 25000 won (USD21.74). "Buy him something simple."

You gave her a small nod, kissed her on the cheek in thanks, and headed off towards the exit of the market. "I'll buy him something later. Not anything in here. It has to look expensive but be cheap." 

--

"What'd you get him? You never told me." Ha Yi pouted as we exited the cab at the concert venue.

You smiled at her. "I got him a ring. Not like a promise ring or anything, just a simple silver band ring. Obviously it was cheap." Not like he'd find you anways, the venue is too large and he wouldn't have the time to seek one person out. You probably weren't even on his mind.

"Can I see?"

You pulled out the ring from in your purse pocket and showed her. "I had them engrave my name on the top right here." You pointed to where the ring would point upward when he wore it. "That way, whenever he does something stupid, he's reminded of someone who will hardcore judge him." 

"Wow." She mocked you. "You're so nice." 

"Thanks. Engraving only cost a little bit extra since it wasn't an expensive ring in the first place." You chuckled to yourself and followed Ha Yi into the venue's lobby, straightening your bright yellow skirt and smoothening your tucked in white, long sleeved shirt. 

Ha Yi showed the two tickets to the people at the counter and the two of you entered the auditorium, finding your seats towards the middle of the place. "See, not too close, which but whatever." Ha Yi giggled, getting hyped up. "I get to see Ravi again! AAAHHH!"

"Calm down, we still have another half hour until it officially begins." You rolled your eyes playfully and sat in the comfortable, blue seats, Ha Yi joining you at your right. 

"You've been odd lately whenever I mention VIXX. What's up? OOHH! Have you picked a new fandom? You can't do that!!" Ha Yi whined.

"I haven't, calm down." You assured her. "It's just something else is on my mind lately."

"It's that HaJoon guy, right?"

"Sort of."

"What did he do now? Hm?"

"Nothing. He didn't do anything, that's the problem."

"Huh?"

"He stayed silent for so long and he hasn't done much to redeem himself when we met for the first time. I even bought him clothes and a drink! But he hasn't done anything." This was partially a lie. You did do these things for him but for a good cause. And you knew that he wouldn't do anything back for you because he was an idol. You just needed something to complain about to Ha Yi.

"Ooooh... I see." Ha Yi nudged you, playfully. "You're afraid he's got a little girlfriend, aren't you?"

If only it was that simple. "Sure, I guess. I just want to be friends with him and maybe something more down the road but I can't seem to get close to him at all. He's too far out of my reach." 

"So? Just make yourself shine more than other girls and he'll have his eyes stuck on you! Make him only think about you and then eventually... BOOM, he'll like you." Ha Yi smiled widely. "Engraving your name was probably a good thing now." 

"Yah, don't get so excited over my issues." You shook your head at her. "Ha Yi-ah, HaJoon is someone even you can't swoon." 

"What makes you think that? Omo! Is he gay?"

"Of course he's not gay." You tried not to laugh. "He's just someone who is out of our reach, that's all." 

"He must be gay."

"He's not!" You stiffled another giggle. "He's completely straight!"

"Then is he rich? Oh! Are you going to be like those people in the dramas we watch? Rich guy, poor girl, bad relationship at the start, and then it developes but the evil rich guy's parents get in the way, type thing?" Ha Yi got all hyped again.

"No." You couldn't help but giggle that time. "We don't live in a drama. Those are so unrealistic." Things are never that easy. 

"Mhm. Better tell KBS that you're about to starr in your own drama, 'HaJoon, notice me'." Ha Yi sighed. "I got them on speed dial."

"Yeah, sure you do." You mocked her, glancing over the large stage. "I'm happy to be here, Ha Yi, I really am. Let's have fun tonight and make sure we leave quickly. So the traffic doesn't slow us, of course."

"Sure, I'm already having fun. Lighten up and you will too!" Ha Yi combed your long hair with her fingers. "You look good today."

"It's because I actually tried." You joked.

If by some miracle Hakyeon finds you tonight, then it was a wise idea to try and look nice.

--

"That concert was THE BEST!" Ha Yi yowled with excitement as we headed out of the venue. "Ravi sang so well, they all did actually! Who's my bias again? They're all too hot to remember who I stan."

"I think I still stan Hakyeon." You admitted, shyly. "He was pretty hot up there."

"Wasn't he? He's such a doll." Ha Yi agreed, dropping her bag. "Oops!"

You picked it up for her and handed it back to her, glancing behind you with a little bit of hope that you would see Hakyeon looking for you. But all you could see was the throng of people exiting the venue as well. "Let's just call a cab and get home. I'm tired from all the screaming and dancing." You straightened yourself up and smiled at her. "This was the last expensive thing we will do for a while. You broke yourself this time and I'm still broke from last time."

"Alright, alright. Deal." Ha Yi nodded, reluctantly, slipping her bag back onto her shoulder. "Let's go then."

You watched as she walked a little down the road, glancing back in hopes of seeing Hakyeon one more. Why are you looking for him, idiot! He won't come find you. He wouldn't be able to find you even if he thought about it. You're just a fangirl to him and now he's just an idol. 

Just as you began following Ha Yi, someone grabbed your wrist. You gasped in shock and looked up into an unfamiliar man. "Who are you?" You gasped as you ripped your wrist away from him, Ha Yi joining my side instantly. 

"Are you ___?"

"Who are you?" You repeated again. 

His lips arced into a smile and he nodded. "Hey, I told you I would find you. I'm completely unrecognizable, right?" The voice was very familiar and you knew it had to be Hakyeon. 

"Is this HaJoon?" Ha Yi looked at you in curiousity. 

Hakyeon had on a white hoodie with the hood pulled over his head, the beanie you had bought him last time was covering his hair, and he had the fake glasses you had bought him as well. His make up was all washed off and the neck on the hoodie was a turtle neck and he had it pulled up to his lower lip, using the cold outside as a perfect reason why. You had to admit, he looked nothing like Hakyeon. 

"How did you even find me through these people?" You looked at him with utter shock that he even remembered to look for you, let alone actually finding you. 

"Well, there is only one exit to this place. I can't really see well because of how dark it is out here so it took me a few people to find you. You were looking for me, right? You were looking behind you a lot and that's how I found you since you looked so suspicious." He mumbled. 

"I guess you could say I was looking for you." You blushed, turning to Ha Yi. "You can head home without me, I'm going to hang out with HaJoon for a little bit."

Ha Yi gave you a cheesy grin once more and started her way down the road. "Call me when you're home!" You called after her, recieving a peace sign in the air as a response before she turned a corner. 

"Impressive right?" Hakyeon spoke again. "Let's talk now. Do you want to come back into the venue? The rest of the members are still backstage conversing, we do that for a while, and I already told them I would walk around a bit. We can sit in the lobby and chat."

"Isn't that too public? I can't talk to someone when I can't even see who they are." You flicked him on the forehead. "Can you leave the venue? We can go to a park or something." 

"This late at night? How about we just go to my dorm? Like I said, the members won't be back until later. Leo always shoots me a text when they are on their way, that is whenever we are apart he does that. So we have time then." 

"Sure then, let's do that." You nodded in agreement, turning away from him to look at the busy street. "How will we ever get a cab?"

By the time you had already turned back to look at Hakyeon again, he was on the phone with a cab driver. Ending the call, he gave you another killer smile. "Like that. Oh! I have something for you. This encourage me to definately find you." He dug into his jean pockets, pulling out a silver, small chained necklace with a star charm on it. "I saw it in a store a few days ago and I decided to buy it for you." Without a warning, he stepped closer, moved your hair out of the way, and put the necklace on for you, stepping back and the necklace gently with a warm gaze. "It looks nice on you."

You fixed your hair and reached into your purse pocket. "I got you something too. It's not expensive but I tried to buy what would match your style with what I had." You pulled out the ring. "Don't start thinking I'm being romantic. It's just a ring. I engraved my name on it so that you can't forget me because of all your fangirls. Alright?" 

He chuckled, letting you put the ring on one of his fingers. "I won't take it off." He twisted it so that your name faced upwards like it was supposed too. "Look, there's the cab, let's go before someone takes it." He grabbed your wrist and ran over to the cab parked on the other side of the street, pulling you with him. "Here, you get in first." He opened the door for you and waited for you to climb in before he shut it, ran around to the otherside, and climbed in as well, telling the driver the address as he did so. 

"I didn't know you lived around there." You mumbled. "You didn't have to grab my wrist, I can run too."

"Sorry, force of habit. I do that to the members so that I don't lose them in crowds." He mumbled in return. 

You nodded, watching out the window as you two fell in silence. Though it upset you still that he decieved you, you were able to forget about it a tiny bit now that he went to such lengths to seek you out and take you to his dorm to talk with you about whatever was so important. 

You felt that warm, tingly feeling creeping back into your stomach once more, just like the feeling that you felt when you first met him. This must be the stages of forgiveness. If it's not, then it better not be the stages of falling in love. If you were to fall in love with a man like Hakyeon, famous and rich with a lot of female fans, then you were certainly setting yourself up for death. 

 

Hey guys! It's been so long since I updated. T_T Again, I know not many people read this but for those who do, THANKS SO MUCH! I really enjoy writing this fanfiction, even though I got some serious writers block with this chapter. I will update much sooner for the next chapter! Thanks so much once again and enjoy reading! <3

Oh yeah, and I also promise you that the next chapter will be much, much longer. These few chapters I wrote are short so I will start making them much longer from now on. -PandaBiscuit