Dinner "Date"

To the Moon

"So, how long have you two been dating?" The reporter asked, smiling.

"A year-"

"We aren't-" 

The two of you stared at each other as you answered at the same time. The reported laughed. "What were you saying, ____?" 

"A year." You sighed. 

Jae Jung gave you a long look over before breaking into a smile and wrapping his arm around your waist, pulling you closer. "We had a little spat over this interview this evening. She wants the relationship private." 

"Do you not wish the same?" 

"I don't mind how it is as long as we can continue being together in peace." He smiled even wider. "This year was very pleasant with no one knowing so let's keep it pleasant even with people knowing, hm?" 

The reporter chuckled again. "I'm sure you two won't have any issues." She turned to you. "How is your view on this relationship? You've hardly spoken this entire time."

"Jae Jung is quite the talker..." You forced a smile. All these acting classes better come into use right about now. "I, personally, don't like the fact that everyone knows our private life but as Jae Jung has mentioned, please do not disturb us. We are... Very happy together and we don't want anyone to disturb that." 

Jae Jung bit his lip to keep from laughing and nodded slowly. The interview went on for a while after that before taking a dramatic turn. 

"____, weren't you recently involved in dating scandals with both members Kim Wonsik and Cha Hakyeon of VIXX? How does Jae Jung feel about them? We know the fans of VIXX didn't like ____ at the time." 

And still don't. "I didn't mind it." Jae Jung shrugged. "It was obviously untrue. Cha Hakyeon has his mystery girl and I'm sure Kim Wonsik does as well. But their mystery girl isn't my girl." He brought his mouth close to your ear. "You're boyfriend won't like this, will he?" 

You pushed him, making it look playful, and laughed. "Yes, Jae Jung didn't mind. We both know those scandals were set in place by some jealous reporters. Cha Hakyeon, Kim Wonsik, and I are close friends but we were never romantically involved with each other... Despite what everyone thinks." You aimed that right for your director that is making you put up with this bull. 

"Let's call this a wrap then! Thank you for both of your cooperation!" The reporter spoke and the camera turned off moments later. 

You stared at Jae Jung. "Let's go."

You stood and began to leave, Jae Jung grasping your hand and leaving with you. "Play it to the end, ____." He grumbled under his breath. 

"Jae Jung, I'm surprised with the sort of person you really are." You grumbled as well. "How is someone like you so big?" 

"Talent, something you don't have." He mocked as the two of you stepped outside and got into your car, your manager getting in and smiling at you. 

"Your acting was very nice." He complimented you. "A little awkward in some places but very well for not being at it long." 

You tore your hand from Jae Jung's and sighed. "I use to like this guy's music, too. But his personality is ."

"Yah. Do not swear." Your manager warned. 

"?" Jae Jung laughed. "What is your acting then?" 

"I don't care if I go to jail, I will hit you." You glared at him, your manager giving up and beginning to drive back to the company. "Drop me off at my house. My work for today is done."

"No quite. The director has some things to talk to you about." 

"Aw." You scowled. "What kind of in between day is this when I'm still working just as hard as the other days?" 

Jae Jung snickered and watched out the window. "Aw, you think being an idol is too hard and you're not even famous yet. Well, I guess with no talent, it can be a bit hard." 

You were about to snap at him when the manager beat you to it. "Parc Jae Jung. Just because you are above her does not mean you can treat her like this. Don't talk so casually with her, you should be using formal speech." 

"Formal? She's younger than me." 

"Actually, I'm older." You corrected. 

Jae Jung looked at you. "Are you really?" 

"You're only 17, right?" 

"I'll be 18 in December." He grew uneasy. "And how old are you? You don't look much older than 16." 

"That's a compliment, I guess?" You snickered. "Don't worry about my age. I'm older than you so watch your speech with me." 

He grunted and watched back out the window. How can such a young child be so famous and have such a crap personality? 

You pulled out your phone and saw a text from Hakyeon, your stomach turning with worry as you opened it. 

To: Yeonie

Yah, didn't I say that I'd get upset if you cheated on me? Or did you cheat on Jae Jung first since you've been with him for a year? 

To: Yeonie

I'm just kidding, don't get worried over a joke. I understand what happened, I've been an idol for a while, this is a common company move. 

From: Yeonie

Don't text, call me. 

You waited and when your phone rang, you answered it quickly. "Didn't the doctor say not to text?" Jae Jung glanced at you once more, interested in who you were speaking with. 

"They were short messages." Hakyeon whined. 

"How'd you know?" 

"It's been released for a few hours now and that interview was live?" Hakyeon laughed like it was obvious. "Parc Jae Jung is famous, I don't know if you know." 

"Oh shut up." You laughed as well. "I'm not use to word spreading this fast about me without VIXX involved." 

"Yeah, I subscribed to Mystic's twitter page so I could get updates about you. Even though the other idols in the company have far more updates but whatever." 

"You're obsessed with me, that's gross." You joked. 

"I know." 

"Well, obviously you're done with the show from earlier. What are you doing now?" 

"I was told to rest for the rest of the day while the others did other promotional stuff. Boohoo..." 

"So where are you? Do you want to go grab something to eat? I have to talk with my director and then I'm going to be free." 

"Sure..." 

"You sound uncomfortable. Why?" 

"Have you ever tried to eat food with only one arm available? It's hard." 

"Then we'll eat something that's easier to eat with one arm." You smiled, picturing his issues that he already experienced in your mind. "I'll pick you up later." 

"Cool, do it." 

You hung up and sighed. "How long is the director going to keep me?" 

"I don't know. Was that Hakyeon? You probably should be lying low with Hakyeon for a while otherwise this situation is going to get even worse." Your manager mumbled. 

You ignored him. "Let's get there quickly, hm?" 

Your manager got to the company as fast as possible and then joined you and Jae Jung as the three of you entered the building, heading for the director's office with one goal in mind: To go home. 

"Come in." The director spoke as you knocked, you and Jae Jung entering while the manager stayed behind. "Look, it's the perfect couple." 

"Are we already labeled that?" Jae Jung smiled, sitting on the couch. 

"Everyone is happy to find her dating you instead of a VIXX member so of course you two would be labeled that already." The director looked to you. "I told you to end it while you had the chance." 

"This issue doesn't bother me anymore." You lied. "We've had our interview, everyone believes in such a lie, are we done now?" 

"Not quite. Sure, you've been labeled as the perfect couple. But let's put some evidence to those words so there is no room to doubt." He sighed. "I scheduled a dinner date for the two of you at a famous restaurant tomorrow evening. Reporters are always hanging out there so it'll be a perfect date to promote your relationship with Jae Jung. Act lovey, look happy, maybe through a kiss in there. The reporters will catch it all, don't worry." 

"You make me sick." You mumbled under your breath but nodded instead. "Okay. I'll do it. Can I go home for today?" 

"Sure." He stopped you as you started walking out. "Jae Jung will help you rise faster. And your acting skills as well. He can act a little. Just get to know him, say, maybe you'll actually love him someday." 

"As if." You scoffed, leaving the room with your manager trailing you. "I'll take you to my home so you can grab your car." 

"Thanks?" He mocked. "Can I be the idol now? You can be my manager." 

"Want to?" 

"No, not really." 

"That's what I thought." You huffed, still pissed about the whole situation. 

At least Hakyeon is down with it. That gives me some motivation and confidence. 

--

You and Jae Jung were at the restaurant the director suggested yesterday. Sure enough, there were many reporters there that thought they were pretty well hidden as they snapped shots of you together. Jae Jung didn't talk a whole lot but you guys smiled like idiots to each other enough to make one want to cringe. Jae Jung even went as far as to rest his hand on yours when the timing was just right. Every thing about this whole situation was agonizingly uncomfortable for both of you but somehow, the two of you were pulling through. 

The food was really good though, that's probably why you survived if you were honest. "Jae Jung-ah..." You spoke when a reporter got close enough to hear conversations. 

Jae Jung picked up on the hint and raised his eyebrows, smiling once more. "What?"

"Thanks for taking me out for dinner tonight." You smiled as well, fighting back the cringe. 

Jae Jung chuckled and hid his face to make it seem like he was blushing. "I'd take you out every night if it were possible." 

You followed his actions and chuckled as well. "Should I come to your set tomorrow? I heard you're filming a music video." 

"I'd love that." He winked. These were the keywords that the director wants you to say so that the reporters would hide out at the set and snap more photos of you and Jae Jung together. 

Your phone rang a moment later, ruining the perfect acting moment. Jae Jung's glare went cold but only for a second as you answered the phone. "Hello?" 

"____-ah." Your mother spoke into the phone. "What ever happened with Hyun Shik and his friend with the accident?" 

"Mom... I'm out right now." You motioned to the restroom and hurried over to it, talking once you were sheltered inside. "I don't know. I haven't heard any news. A trial was going to be held but I don't know when." 

"Is Hyun Shik innocent?" 

"I don't know!" You sighed. 

"OH! Right! Did you break up with that boy? Cha Hakyeon?" 

"Why?" 

"You and some other boy are all over the internet. 'The perfect couple' 'The star couple' and much more stuff like that." 

You were afraid someone was listening so you didn't say much of anything related to the subject. "I'm out for dinner right now." 

"With the boy? I thought you loved Hakyeon a lot!" 

"Mom! I'll call you later, okay?" You hung up, rolled your eyes, and then glanced at yourself in the mirror with a sigh. Why did they doll me up so much? All this eye makeup makes me look like a cartoon character... Was I that ugly to begin with? Sheesh... 

But... I like it. I do look pretty, almost unrecognizable. It's just a waste for a pointless and staged date such as this.

You slipped your phone back into your skirt pocket and went back to Jae Jung, smiling. "It was my mom."

"I heard." He mumbled, taking a bite of his steak. "I thought you were going to make an escape."

"Can I?" Your smile turned into a smirk, almost. "I wish." 

The two of you finished your meal, paid, and stood up. "Let's go." Jae Jung smiled once more and wrapped an arm around your waist.

You nodded and the two of you left the restaurant easly and pretended to be shocked when the reporters showed themselves as you neared the car. "Parc Jae Jung, aren't you a little young for her?" A reporter questioned. 

"You're only 17, right?" 

"I'll be 18 in December, let's not blow things out of proportion." Jae Jung answered easily. 

"____, how does it feel to date a younger man?" 

"____! Let's here your input on this!" 

You ignored them as Jae Jung helped you into the driver's seat and running around to squeeze into the passenger's seat himself. You drove out quickly before the reporters got too heavy and the radio so that it was awkward silence the whole time like the way here. 

"You are a little too young for me." You commented. "But, it's not like I got to choose." 

He stared out the window. "What do you want? Do you want me to call you noona or something?" 

"Please, no." You ended that before it could start. "The sooner we part, the happier I'll be." 

"Me too." He sighed. 

Date one, done. Date two is apparently tomorrow on his MV production set. 

Can I just be done already? I want to spend my days with Hakyeon, not with Jae Jung.

I could care less about fame.

Honestly. 

 

 

Thank you for the upvote, FannyHwang! 

This chapter is short again... They'll get longer again, don't worry. Thank you for reading and subcribing! Hope you're all not still dead from Fantasy... I know I am! ~PandaBiscuit~