Meeting

To the Moon

You start your day the same as always... Wake up, wash up, dress, and eat. But you didn't work. You stayed at home all day and binge watched all the latest dramas and maybe read some fan fiction online about your favorite band, VIXX. You had a friend online by the name of Min HaJoon. You two always played a game together first thing in the morning but then he'd have to leave and sometimes you wouldn't hear from him until the next morning. But he was always there and you were beyond glad he could do just that for you. 

You lived with your best friend, Gu Ha Yi, in a small apartment in Suwon. You two have always dreamed of living in Seoul where all the idols lived and performed but you guys could never seem to make enough money. Who knows, maybe it was just because you spent more time watching dramas then actually being the writer you were contracted to be? You had contracted a local newspaper company to be an intern reporter or journalist. But they never actually gave you a job and since you didn't complain... The issue was never fixed.

Gu Ha Yi on the other hand, hated the fact that you wouldn't do anything. She cursed you every day to get up and find a better job or actually go to work and request a story. But you always said you were waiting for Min HaJoon. And that's what you did. You were always waiting. 

It puzzled you often about how busy Min HaJoon seemed to be. You wanted to know what his voice sounded like and what he even looked like. But he was always too busy to reveal himself to you and you never asked him to because you did not want burden him. That was just your soft side when it came to HaJoon. Ha Yi thought of HaJoon as some crazy bastard that would show up at your door and kidnap you since he didn't even send you a picture of yourself. But you knew HaJoon wasn't like that. You've been catfished before and knew what to look for. He was just a guy who played a game and called himself your best friend.

But that was going to change. It had to change. If it didn't then you'd never be able to admit the one sided love you've had for him for a year now. You wondered if he felt the same but you didn't want to find out until you saw him, either face to face or video at least. 

Yes that's how you thought it would go. 

--

"___, are you sure you want to do this?" Ha Yi pulled at your arm as you arrived in the first Seoul cafe you've been too. "____! Let's just go back home and forget this! What if he's some crazy person?"

"Ha Yi-ah, I told you he's not like that." You looked around but then laughed to yourself. You don't even know what he looks like how would you ever find him? "Ha Yi-ah," You turned to her and smiled, "You stay here and tell me if you see anyone who could be HaJoon. I'm going to text him real fast."

Ha Yi nodded as you pulled out your phone, scrolling through the number he had given you when he agreed to meeting you. You hovered your finger over the call button and decided not to call him. You wanted to be surprised by his voice, best not to ruin it by calling him first. You clicked on the texting button instead.

To: Min HaJoon

Hey HaJoon, I'm at the place you told me to meet you. Could you give me some sort of sign as to who you are?

You sent the message with your heart racing. You could hardly contain yourself and just wanted to meet him already. "Ha Yi-ah!" You pulled on her arm. "I'm so excited!"

Ha Yi rolled her eyes at you as you flipped open your phone when it buzzed.

To: ____

____, you're here already? I didn't expect you to come so soon in the day. You'll be... Surprised to say the least when you see me. Please don't hate me. See you soon then, ttyl. 

Don't hate you? Of course you wouldn't hate him. Shaking your head at his text you glanced around the cafe once more. You saw someone standing beside the wall holding up a sign that said your name. He was so cheesy but you loved it. Ha Yi gasped with shock as you bolted past her, leaving her stunned at your sudden wakening.

"Min HaJoon!" You called to him and smiled when you approached him. He had shades on and a dark hoodie over his head. "Why are you dressed like a spy?" You mocked him.

He was taller than you expected and lean. You could see silver/blue hair resting just above his dark eyebrows. "___, promise not to hate?"

His voice sounded familiar. Like one you have heard on TV often but you brushed it aside and crossed your arms. "Depends, what is it? Is it food? I'd never hate you if it was food." You joked with him but he didn't smile. "Alright already, l won't hate you."

He sighed heavily and took off his shades, revealing his dark eyes that were vaguely familiar. He pushed his hoodie down and you took in his whole face. You knew by just one look that the man you knew by Min HaJoon, was actually the man you adored, Cha Hakyeon.

"N... Oppa?" Your mouth fell open in shock as realization hit you. "I was friends with N-Oppa this whole time? Why did you call yourself Min HaJoon?" 

"I'm a VIXX member, do you think anyone would take me seriously if I started calling myself Cha Hakyeon?" He put his shades back on and pulled his hoodie over his silver hair. "I'm sorry I decieved you. Are you mad?"

"I'm slightly disappointed." You sighed and shook your head with a smile. "But I couldn't be mad. You're like my all time favorite person ever." 

He didn't smile still. "I let you meet me because I started to fear you would think I was some sort of catfisher." He confessed, making your stomach do flips from your nerves. "But we can't keep meeting."

"Why not?" You gasped in shock but then rethought it. He's famous. If he gets caught with you then his name will be all over the media and your name would be sought out and people would be at your door... Like a celebrity. But of course, you weren't that dumb and knew it wouldn't happen like that. "Never mind." 

"Are you disappointed?" He sighed again, already knowing the answer. "Were you a fan of VIXX? I'm guessing since you knew my stage name." 

"Of course. You are like my bias." You laughed nervously. "It's so hard to contain myself right now."

"Please... Just think of me as your online friend, Min HaJoon. Continue addressing me as Min HaJoon and if you tell anyone about me, continue using that name." His face twitched into a smile. "Please?"

"Of course. It would be bad if your image was ruined by someone like me." You lowered her head with a small smile. "But I kind of want to continue staying your friend at least. Can't I visit you at your dorm from time to time? We could just sit and talk, I wouldn't drag attention."

He shook his head. "I want us to continue being internet friends." This explained a lot to you as you listened to his reasonings. Why he was always gone during the day and why he would never allow you to call or face time him. It explained a lot. "Deal?"

You sighed heavy and looked at feet. "No deal!" You stuck your tongue out slightly at him and smiled wide. "My HaJoon-oppa could wear disguises and still meet with me. Look, no one realizes it is you right now and you're only hiding your face and your hair."

He tapped his foot impatiently and rubbed the nape of his neck. "Alright, I guess we can meet from time to time. But I don't want one issue with the media or else we're done meeting, got it?"

You nodded your head happily. "Should we go buy HaJoon's outfit or do you want to stand around and look suspicious all day long?" 

"Buy an outfit?" He repeated, shocked.

"Of course. I'm going to completely transform you into the person I imagined for so long. When you meet with me, you will be HaJoon to the public." You announced, grabbing his arm and leading him out of the cafe. "You'll have to show me around, I'm originally from Suwon."

"Have you never been to Seoul?"

"Never once~!" You were so happy to have met Cha Hakyeon and even better to have him as your friend. You couldn't wait to see how your friendship grew. 

"Should we head to a mall then?"

"Sure!"

Even if he had decieved you into believing he was some guy named Min HaJoon, it didn't change your feelings towards him. But knowing it was Cha Hakyeon all along also made you realize that your love will always be one sided. A big idol like him wouldn't waste his heart for a nobody like you. 

You knew nothing about Cha Hakyeon other than his public side. You wanted to dive deeper and uncover the true Hakyeon. And that is what you were going to do.

 

 

Sorry, this chapter is a little short! I had a small burst of inspiration and had to get it out before I headed to bed. I promise the coming chapters will be longer and hopefully get better as they go! Thanks for reading and look forward to Exotic's update soon! Thanks again! ~PandaBiscuit~