Cherry Blossoms

To the Moon

Ahh, hey guys! Long time no see, eh? I've had a busy schedule lately. Panda is thankfully really forgiving and organized. She left this chapter for me to write so I'll try to keep up her creativity and match her writing the best I can <3 Thanks to Panda being so forgiving of me, haha. - Exotic

 

"So where are we, Hakyeon?" You looked to him as he shut off the van. The scenery was fairly familiar but you just couldn't recall why it was familiar. 

He took a deep breath and smiled. "It's my hometown." 

"Hometown?" You looked at him with confusion. "Why'd you take me here?"

I've been here before. I think it was one of my school friends when I was younger that lived out here. This place is like 4 and a half hours from Suwon and Seoul, he must have a reason for driving this long to take me here. 

He just smiled again and took off his scarf, putting it around your neck and gently fixing it so it was warm and nice. "It's dark, and cold, let's go in." 

"In?" You widened your eyes in surprise. "Where? Are we staying over night then? What about your schedule tomorrow?" 

"I had this planned with the manager, don't worry." He blew on his hands and stuffed them in his coat pocket. "I want to show you things tomorrow but it'd take too much of our time to drive here tomorrow." 

You ducked, hiding your flushing face, and nodded. "So where is this?" 

"Changwon." He sighed, taking a hand out of his pocket to grab your arm, leading you down the parking lot and towards a big building that you didn't realize was there. 

"Changwon... I've been here before." You smiled, your breath collecting in the air since it was cold. "I don't remember for what though. I think it was a friend that lived out here." 

"You made someone drive 4 and a half hours out here to see your friend?" Hakyeon chuckled. "Seems like you."

"No, I rode the train here." 

"I thought you don't ride those?" He glanced at you. "That's why it was so difficult to see you when you lived in Suwon." 

"That happened one of the times I traveled here." You mumbled. "I was on my way home on the train when I became afraid of them..." 

"Can I ask what happened to cause you to be so afraid of them?" He held the door open for you as the two of you entered. 

"I'll tell you later." You nodded. "Just do your thing." 

He left your side and went up to the desk to speak with the assistant there. 

We're staying overnight together? Is that something I should do? I'm nervous. 

He returned to your side with the hotel keys and the two of you started your way to the elevator, taking it up to the 3rd story, and continuing your way all the way down the hall. "So the train thing, tell me. I'm curious." Hakyeon spoke suddenly as he unlocked the door, letting you in first and then following slowly. "I asked for a room with two beds but there was none available for tonight." 

You slipped off your shoes and grew uncomfortable. There's only one bed. "The train, huh? You want me to tell you about a terrifying part of my life?" 

"Seems you have a lot of terrifying things in your life." He mentioned as he went over to the chair sitting in the corner of the room, taking his seat. 

"True." You sat on the edge of the bed closest to Hakyeon's chair. "It's not that big of a deal now that I think about it but it's enough to make me afraid of riding it now. Anyways, I always went by myself whenever I rode it, you can already imagine the terrors that caused everyone when they knew a 10 year old was riding the train alone." 

"You're just insane." He joked. 

You gave him a playful glare and moved on. "I had just gotten on the train to head home. But when I wanted to get off at a station to get something to eat, some person ran past me and pushed me..."

I wonder if I can get food at this station... Of course I can. 

You casually got off the train, busy counting what money you had as someone barrelled into you to catch the train, pushing you down. You gasped with shock as all your money disappeared inside the train, the train doors closing on your hair. You cried out for help but no one seemed to pay any attention to you as you slowly pulled your hair out of the train as it creeped forward, ready to take off. 

Just before it took off, someone grabbed you and used their keys to cut your hair and took you to a safe distance as the train took off. You were in tears and crying into the chest of your helper. 

But they just put you back on the ground, nodded at you, and left you there. You were left alone, hungry, and scared with tears rolling down your face. 

You never got back on the train. It scared you so much that your father had to drive all the way out there to get you at the station.

"Honestly... It's not that big of a deal now. But it scared me so much back then that I just can't ride that thing anymore." You sighed.

"I wouldn't ride the train." He mumbled. "At least they cut your hair so you could get to safety. Imagine if that didn't happen."

"I'd rather not." You eyed him. "Anyways, I looked horrible in short hair and I was stuck with it even longer when my mom took me to the hair dresser to get it fixed up so it didn't look like crap." 

"I think you'd look good in short hair too." Hakyeon sighed, standing up. "But I like your long hair." 

"What about clothes?" You changed the subject. "I didn't bring any." 

"Nor did I. It won't kill us to wear these clothes twice." He looked grumpy that he forgot such an important thing but it was soon dismissed. "I'm going to go out for a little and see what I can find."

"Do you want me to come with you?" You watched him head towards the door. 

"No, that's okay. It's already late anyways." He smiled, slipping on his shoes. "Plus, there is somewhere I want to go before I take you there tomorrow." 

You nodded, confused, and watched him leave the room, finally able to breath correctly now. I have to share a bed with Hakyeon... I can't do this... This is too much for me. Hakyeon already makes me want to run and hide when he gets close to me.

You decided to curl lay in bed and try to sleep before he got back, only accomplishing to be half asleep by the time he walked back through the door a while later. You opened your eyes just a little and watched as he placed a plastic bag on the floor against the wall and then disappear inside the small bathroom. 

Where did he go, I wonder? 

You closed your eyes again and to your side, burying your face into the blankets. You were just about to slip back into sleep when Hakyeon walked out of the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bed. You opened your eyes and stared lazily at his back. 

"Hey, Hakyeon-ah." You mumbled, yawning. 

He moved and looked at you with surprise. "I thought you were sleeping already." 

You stretched out your arms slightly. "I was almost asleep." 

"Sorry." He frowned. I don't understand, why does he look so upset? He wasn't acting too fine since before he left the room but I don't know what to do. 

"Are you feeling okay?" You asked him. "You look upset." 

He got further into bed and his side, propping his face up with his elbow. "I'm a little upset but it's nothing bad, I promise you." He smiled. 

Your heart started to race slightly just seeing him like that. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

He shook his head, resting his head on the pillow and reaching out to poke your nose. "Not really." 

"Okay. But it's not too bad, right?" You smiled. 

"Not anymore." He reassured as he ran his fingers through your hair slightly just like you had done to him once before. He flashed you a smile. "Do you want me to sleep in the chair? I won't sleep here if you're uncomfortable with it." 

You shook your head almost too quickly and moved closer to him. "You're upset, I can't just tell you to go over there and continue to be upset." 

"Are you using me being upset as an excuse to admitting that you want me to stay here?" Hakyeon laughed, a smile arcing his lips. 

"No." You mumbled sarcastically.

Hakyeon chuckled and kissed your cheek, lingering his face close to yours. "_____, tomorrow I might be upset as well."

"Why?" You frowned. 

He shook his head. "You'll see tomorrow." He glanced at you again and placed another kiss on your nose. 

I feel like he's let down his guard a little. Hakyeon was always an open person, sort of anyways, but he always put on a smile even if he was upset or angry. But right now, he wasn't trying to cover how unhappy he was. I wonder why that is. 

You smiled and this time placed a lingering kiss on his lips. "You're being too nice to me." Hakyeon frowned. "Is it because you're pitying me right now?"

You shook your head. "It's because I can tell you're unhappy. Usually you hide your unhappiness from me but you're not right now so it gives me a chance to comfort you this time." 

Hakyeon sighed and slipped under the covers blankets, slipping his arms around you and holding you close to him. "I don't like people worrying over me."

"Get use to it. I worry over you every second of the day." You mumbled. "Why are you being so affectionate right now? It's weird." 

"Is it?" He pulled away slightly, looking worried that he did something wrong. 

"Yeah but it's a good thing." You laughed. 

He relaxed a bit and gazed at you, the two of you were nose to nose but didn't mind. Your heart was racing but you couldn't think of that or else you'd get too nervous and ruin it. "Why didn't I think of this before?" He whispered slightly. 

"Think of what?" 

"Sharing a room with you." He teased. "You're a very relaxing person to be with when you're tired like this."

"Yah, I'm always a relaxing person. Ha Yi says I'm the most chill person she knows." You joked, getting a chuckle out of Hakyeon. 

"Really? You're never chill, I wonder why she'd say such a thing." Hakyeon's glance at your lips was almost too obvious that he wanted to kiss you again. 

You smirked and decided to see if he'd make a move first. But he never did. He just let out another sigh and closed his eyes. "Are you sure you don't have things to do tomorrow?" You asked him before he could fall asleep.

"Of course I do. I just told the manager I'd do it the following day." He opened his eyes again. "Why are you so worried about it?"

"I don't want you to get in trouble or anything. I don't know what it's like to be an idol." This time it was you who made it too obvious when you glanced at his lips. If he wants to kiss me so bad then why doesn't he? 

You caught his smirk this time before he to his other side, his back facing you. "Night, _____-ah." He mumbled. 

You made an annoyed face and moved back from him a little bit. "Goodnight..."

You don't know when you fell asleep but you fell asleep a lot faster than you thought you would.

Why didn't he just kiss me? He obviously wanted to and he knew I did too... 

--

You woke up with Hakyeon's face buried in your neck and your legs intertwined together, his arms around your waist. You blushed hard but didn't dare move a muscle. How did we end up in this sort of position? Hakyeon must move a lot in his sleep. But I didn't even notice so it's okay.

You listened to his steady breathing as he continued to sleep, moving your hand from his back to the back of his head, his hair. He's so cute like this... Can't we stay like this forever? I wouldn't mind it. 

You ended up staying like that for another hour or so before Hakyeon started to wake up. You first noticed by how his breathing was changing to be more regular and then he removed his arms from around you to stretch. He then removed his legs from yours and sat up, rubbing his eyes tiredly. 

You smiled at him and sat up as well, stretching. "How do you feel?" You yawned. 

He nodded slowly. "I feel fine." 

I wonder if we can start being more affectionate towards each other like we were for a little bit last night. "Where are you taking me today?" You asked, standing up and making your side of the bed as Hakyeon slowly made his side of the bed, sleep still seemingly consuming his energy. 

You had time to wake up compared to him. You pushed him out of the way as he was taking too long and finished his side. He gave you a confused look before shrugging and heading over to the plastic bag he brought in yesterday.

"What is that?" You questioned him, joining him over there. 

"I bought instant ramen because I thought you'd be hungry last night but you were sleeping when I got here." He smiled. "So we can just have it today." 

"Yes! Ramen is the best." You smiled as well and took one of them out of the bag as he took the other. "So where are you taking me?" 

"I told you that you'd find out." He scolded you, throwing the plastic bag away. "Unless you want to go out looking like that, I'd try to wash your hair." 

You widened your eyes with surprise and cursed yourself. "It always gets frizzy in the morning..." You put the ramen down on the small end table beside the bed. "I'll be like 2 minutes. I'm just going to wash my hair over the bath." 

You scurried into the bathroom and started the water, bringing the shower nozzle down. You grabbed the horrible shampoo and conditioner that the hotel provides you and placed them on the edge of the tub, getting your hair wet so you can hurry up and get this over with. 

You didn't realize that Hakyeon had walked into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bath. "Yah, what are you doing?" You mumbled after realizing it. 

"Can I help you? You're bound to miss a part of your head like this." He chuckled. "I'm really good at washing hair, can I?" 

You blushed slightly, thankful that you had you head ducked over the bath so he couldn't see. "Sure, then. But if it's horrible, I won't let you do it again." 

Hakyeon stood up and rolled up the pants on one of his legs and stuck that one in the bath that way he could access your hair easier. He took the nozzle from your hand and grabbing the shampoo from the edge of the bath. "You have really long hair." Hakyeon laughed as he ran his hands through your hair, making sure it was completely wet before he put anything in it. 

"Yeah, I do." You didn't know what to say. "Hakyeon, did you wash Tae Hee's hair like this? If so, I don't like it anymore." 

He sighed. "I did once. But she never liked it when I did anything for her so she scolded me a lot afterwards." 

"I won't scold you..." You pouted, closing your eyes. "I feel like I'm getting my hair professionally washed." 

"That's a lie." Hakyeon mumbled as he rubbed the shampoo into your hair. "_____-ah, can I do things like this for you more often?" 

"Why?" 

"I want to. I like doing simple things for you." 

"You're getting all sentimental again." 

"Can't I though? I like it." 

"Of course you can. Should I just call you everytime I'm about to wash my hair?" You laughed, your laugh echoing around the bath.

"Not everytime!" He laughed as well, washing out the shampoo easily and taking extra time to just run his hands through your hair. "Should I give you a new hairstyle too? You could have a cat eared hairstyle."

"Don't you dare." You shifted yourself so that you were more comfortable.

This isn't as awkward as I first thought... Not just having Hakyeon wash my hair, which is kind of weird but I like it, but even last night when we slept in the same place together. None of it was as awkward or uncomfortable as I imagined. I almost didn't want to leave... 

"Are you thinking about how amazing I am?" Hakyeon mumbled as he washed out the conditioner that you never noticed he put in. "I'm pretty amazing so I can see why you'd think that."

"You're so full of yourself." You smiled, opening your eyes. "But yes, I'm thinking of how amazing you are and how lucky I am."

You heard him chuckle slightly before he turned off the water and stepped out, grabbing a towel and putting it over your hair. "Good because I'm lucky too." He helped you stand up and dried your hair with the towel, shaking your head around on purpose. "You look the best right now."

"I'm getting dizzy!" You laughed as he dried your hair more simply now. 

He smiled widely and kissed your forehead, lingering there longer. How could a single night alone together bring us this much more closer to each other? It is strange how things work... "____-ah, I love you." 

You blushed hard and looked at him, scanning for uncertainy or amusement but seeing nothing more than sincere on his face. "I... Love you too." Your heart raced and you felt like running.

He noticed how shy you got and smiled widely, covering your face with the towel. "I'm glad." He sighed, drying your hair a little more before taking the towel off of your head and hanging it up over the shower curtain. He glanced around for a hair dryer but found none. "You'll just have to go looking like a wet dog." He teased, running his fingers through your damp hair. "But it won't be tangled cause I'll brush it like this."

"It's already tangled, don't tear my hair out." You mumbled.

He stopped and led you over to the bed and sitting down, waiting for you to sit as well before he started running his fingers through your hair again to try and comb it the best he could. When he got to tangled parts, he'd hold the top of your head with one hand and carefully work his way down that part until it wasn't tangled and then move on to another part of your hair, repeating the process when there were tangles. 

"Hakyeon, you're being really nice today." You smiled to yourself. "Is what you're going to show me bad? You might be sugar coating me right now."

"Do I have sugar?" He mocked. "No, it's not bad. I just want to take you there. If it wasn't important then I wouldn't have dragged you 4 hours out here."

"Fine, I'll believe you." You relaxed as he stopped combing your hair. 

He climbed out of bed. "Let's go then. It's almost noon, we'll be kicked out shortly." 

You nodded and climbed out as well, grabbing the instant ramen from the table and slipping your shoes on. 

He handed you your phone. "You would've forgotten this." He smiled as you put it into your back pocket. 

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up and let's go. I want to eat this ramen." You whined as he double checked to make sure that neither of you left anything before shutting the door. 

"There's a small dining area in the room beside the lobby, we can eat there." He spoke as you two made your way down the hall and into the elevator, Hakyeon putting up his hoodie and slipping on his coat, you doing the same and thanking him for grabbing your coat as well. 

His scarf was still in your coat pocket and you debated giving it back or not, deciding against it for right now as you two stepped out into the lobby and made your way over to the room he was talking about. A couple of people were eating lunch already and only a few looked up to see you guys, Hakyeon turning slightly when they did so. 

"Should I cover your face with the scarf? You'll be blind but it'll be funny." You , leading him over to the microwave. "I call going first, I'm hungry." 

He let you easily and the two of you just hung out around the microwave for a few minutes. 

"Can't you tell me where we are going?" You asked once more, recieving another scolding look from Hakyeon. 

"A surprise wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." 

You nodded and sighed. "Fine, fine. I just really want to know." 

"You'll know when we get there. You'll love it."

If you say so...

--

"Whoa..." You gaped at the amazing scenery. "What is this place?" 

"Yeojwacheon Stream." 

"It's amazing! The way the cherry blossom trees lean over the stream and then the stream is filled with the petals is just amazing!" You grew excited and looked over the bridge type thing that separated the two sides of the stream. "I like it! Is this what you wanted to show me?"

"Yeah." He nodded, joining you at the side of the bridge as people passed you two by. "You get excited over beautiful things and so I thought this place would be perfect for it." 

"Hey, you're looking gloomy again." You pointed at him suddenly, startling him slightly. "You told me last night that you might get upset again tomorrow. Now you have to tell me why you're upset." 

"Just because." He frowned, looking over the stream. "I grew up here so that also means Tae Hee did. Tae Hee hated this place because it was too romantic so everytime we'd walk by here on our way somewhere, she'd get angry at me for not avoiding it." 

"What?" Your happy mood slowly faded and you stared at the side of his face. "Tae Hee would yell at you for not avoiding something that was on the way just because it was too romantic? Are you sure she's even human?" 

"She didn't like romantic things." He sighed. "But I'm not here to talk about Tae Hee. The only reason I'm upset is because that's the sort of vibe I get from this place when I pass it now. But I want to change it. You like it, I like it, and I want you to be the one to make this place a good place for me again." 

You felt your heart lighten up once more and you let out a sigh, snapping back into a good mood. "Then let's do it." You smiled, taking his hand without hesitation and pulling him away from the bridge. 

He smiled, his eyes lighting up. "You like it here a lot, right?"

"Yes, very much so. I'm jealous you got to grow up seeing this." You intertwined your fingers with his and smiled brightly. 

"I'm upset I didn't meet you earlier when we were younger." He admitted. "I would have fallen for you long before Tae Hee." 

"Are you sure on that?" 

"Positive. You made a person that wanted nothing more to do with love or outside people in general, fall completely head over heels for you." Hakyeon glanced at you a moment. "Good job."

"Good job?" You laughed without meaning to. "Did I do something worthy of praise? I fell for you too, I'm suffering too." 

"Suffering? Yah!" He took his hand from yours and playfully his your head, you throwing your arms up in defense as you continued to laugh. "Suffering? Who am I to you? What did I do to you?" 

He stopped and you could hardly breathe from how hard you were laughing. He stared at you and laughed as well. "Who are you to me?" You slowly stopped laughing so much and spoke. "An idiot, that's who." 

He just smiled and grabbed your hands at your sides and leaning forward, placing another gentle kiss on your lips and lingering there, his eyes looking into yours as if he was asking for something. 

"This place is public." You blushed, not able to break away from him even though you were embarrassed and flustered. "What are you doing?"

"Showing people that you're mine." He pecked your lips again, continuing to linger there.

"But no one knows who you are." You commented. "That's hard to show people that I belong to you."

He took his hands away from yours and went to remove his hoodie but you panicked and kissed him before he could, not wanting him to show who he was. He was startled at first and didn't know what to do but it was only a matter of time until he slid his arms around your waist and returned the kiss. 

Sure, you've kissed guys before. But none were like this. None of them made you feel like jelly or that you'd melt like this. None of them made your head spin or your heart race like this. If Hakyeon wasn't holding you, you might have melted then and there. 

The kiss lasted longer than you planned it would and Hakyeon seemed to be dominate over you in this field. But it had to end all too soon for you and you pulled away from him, feeling lighter than air itself. He lingered near you and just gazed at you for a moment before flashing a smile and pulling away as well, his arms leaving your waist and you nearly fell from your support disappearing so quickly. 

"Let's look at the stream a little longer, hm?" Hakyeon broke the silence and grabbed your hand again. 

You nodded, your heart continuing to race as the two of you walked slowly down the walkway, talking amongst yourselves about various things.

Neither of you brought up the kiss but yet both of you knew just how much it meant. 

I feel like I've grown 10 times closer to him with just this one night together and the kiss we shared just a moment ago. I feel really happy that I can be this close to him. I just hope that when we go back to Seoul, we can continue growing like this despite his busy schedule. 

The stream was perfect and Hakyeon was nearly just as perfect with him by your side like this. You hoped that you could make this a happy experience for him once more and that he'd forget about his bad feelings here with Tae Hee. 

Tae Hee... I wonder how many other places he's left with scars because of Tae Hee? 

I want to fix them all. 

 

I hope I matched her writing style okay and that it sounds like Panda enough so you're not thrown from the story! Thanks for subscribing and reading! Panda will probably update the next few times like normal but I'll pop in around here occasionally. She likes when I write the fluffy stuff cause I'm better at than her //her words not mine// so yeah :) That's what you can expect from my updates. - Exotic